Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Believe In The Supernatural?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 16 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]474155[/snapback]
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Nov 15 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]473697[/snapback]
QUOTE(000_neji @ Nov 15 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]473687[/snapback]
Hmmm...there are somethings that cannot be explained by this things,you won't believe if you haven't experienced something like in my part,i don't believe because i never saw one...

There will be some people who will find logic and reasoning behind anything they experience reguardless of how odd or suposedly supernatural it is, they will find a reason behind it that will satisfy them.
Some people require to have everything explained, nothing a mystery and everything with proof.

Yea thats right.

But i tend to find a reason behind things first and than belive in it.
Or else i have to see it to belive it.

But if you are seeing it, then you will find explanation then, no?
esrz22
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 15 2006, 04:26 AM) [snapback]473659[/snapback]
QUOTE(Miss Sweet @ Nov 13 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]473032[/snapback]
Naw. I think that everything has a logical explaination; you just have to find it.

I dont think there exists a logical reason or explanation for supernaturals !

Technically this is true. Of course, that seems to assume the existence of supernaturals. tongue.gif

'Course, one could consider gravity a supernatural in a way. We know what it does, but no idea how it does it. tongue.gif

Also, I feel that if the supernatural exists, it isn't supernatural. By the fact it exists, it is a facet of the universe and can probably be explained, even if the explanation requires new concepts. tongue.gif

Effectively, my views on the matter are this: The supernatural can not exist. It would simply be another part of the universe (of "nature"). Just like anything we discover and cannot immediately explain.
asunder
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 16 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]474249[/snapback]
'Course, one could consider gravity a supernatural in a way. We know what it does, but no idea how it does it. tongue.gif

We do know what gravity is and how it does it. Go pay attention in school.
esrz22
QUOTE(asunder @ Nov 16 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]474260[/snapback]
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 16 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]474249[/snapback]

We do know what gravity is and how it does it. Go pay attention in school.

We know what it is from what it does. We are not certain as to how matter attracts other matter varying on the masses and distance between the objects. Gravity's interesting. We do know that it is a force, and what effects we have. We do 'not' know 'why' it occurs for certain. tongue.gif

And that was rather a joke anyway. tongue.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 16 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]474249[/snapback]

Gravity ~ How
esrz22
Oh, sure, we know how it works. From what all I've read, though, (including that wiki article), we still don't know why. tongue.gif It isn't really a supernatural force, of course. I was being silly. Thus the emoticon.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 16 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]474267[/snapback]
Oh, sure, we know how it works. From what all I've read, though, (including that wiki article), we still don't know why. tongue.gif It isn't really a supernatural force, of course. I was being silly. Thus the emoticon.

Gravity ~ Why
To me that perfectly explains "Why".
Enjoy, ^^
esrz22
What we don't know is why mass exerts that force. tongue.gif

But, yeah, gravity is not supernatural. I was being silly, a frequent event.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 16 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]474274[/snapback]
What we don't know is why mass exerts that force. tongue.gif

A Mass' Attractive Force
esrz22
Magnetism has to do with electrical charges. Gravity is not magnetism. tongue.gif
(repeat: the Gravity comment was in jest anyway)
Funderful
I don't know what the hell you guys are talkin' about, but I definitely believe in the supernatural.

>> I've a had a crappy time with ghosts, before.
esrz22
We're talking about gravity, brought on by a silly of mine. tongue.gif
Funderful
Ah, Gravity.
My mortal foe.
The one damn thing that keeps me from world conquest. >>

-Imagines self hovering above the streets with AK-49-
Mua-Ha-Ha!

Uh. Or mabye just eatings Smarties upside down. ^^
esrz22
Ah, yes, curse gravity and all its gravityness.

Okay, who wants to help me search out some mystical artifact to counter the law of gravity? You'll probably have to lose various body parts... tongue.gif
Funderful
@Esrz;
Oh! Oh!
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh!

-Jumps up and down twirling hand in the air-

I do! ^^
Bakka
if you mean g-d and all the things that go along with that belief than yes ( i do believe in ghosts)
Le Monkey
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 16 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]474396[/snapback]
Magnetism has to do with electrical charges. Gravity is not magnetism. tongue.gif

Im just not going to reply and leave it to the fact that trying to explain phisics to you is a waste of time. ><
esrz22
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Nov 16 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]474429[/snapback]

Im just not going to reply and leave it to the fact that trying to explain phisics to you is a waste of time. ><

Lies! See, that's only when I'm in a silly (and annoying) mood. I understand what you were saying, really. Knew it already, too. That's what I get for being, err, silly. >.<
Le Monkey
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 17 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]474492[/snapback]

Lies! See, that's only when I'm in a silly (and annoying) mood. I understand what you were saying, really. Knew it already, too. That's what I get for being, err, silly. >.<

laugh.gif
I thaught you were actually just being slow..
You do it well, XD
Well done, tongue.gif
esrz22
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Nov 16 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]474494[/snapback]
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 17 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]474492[/snapback]

laugh.gif
I thaught you were actually just being slow..
You do it well, XD
Well done, tongue.gif

I was using the technique passed down in my family for generations! tongue.gif

So, err, back to supernatural. I still say that anything supernatural Isn't. tongue.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 17 2006, 01:42 AM) [snapback]474500[/snapback]
I was using the technique passed down in my family for generations! tongue.gif

So, err, back to supernatural. I still say that anything supernatural Isn't. tongue.gif

Haha, your family has a "Technique" like that? laugh.gif Awesome!

And yeah, everything has a logical explanation, somethings we have yet to find that explanation, we might not have found it yet.
esrz22
It was an Armstrong reference, but I did learn much of my humor from my father, so in a way yes.

Exactly. "Supernatural" really means "we don't know yet" or "requires some new concept". Both of which, of course, are viable.
Amol
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 17 2006, 07:21 AM) [snapback]474509[/snapback]
Exactly. "Supernatural" really means "we don't know yet" or "requires some new concept". Both of which, of course, are viable.

Do you mean that new theories and concepts have to be developed to understand supernatural ?
I think there is no need to do that, supernatural only occurs to people who belive in it.
Rational thinkers can figure out the reasons for stuff.
esrz22
Exatly. Sometimes, however, the reason may be something New. Like how subatomic particles explain various things. smile.gif
asunder
and yet there are things that our feeble minds still haven't grasped. There's an infinite amount of knowledge that we don't have / can't understand.
esrz22
Indeed. The supernatural is simply (it is is existant) what we cannot or don't understand at the time. smile.gif
Amol
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 17 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]474737[/snapback]
Exatly. Sometimes, however, the reason may be something New. Like how subatomic particles explain various things. smile.gif

I agree to that point.... may things are still to explained.

QUOTE(asunder @ Nov 17 2006, 09:51 PM) [snapback]474777[/snapback]
and yet there are things that our feeble minds still haven't grasped. There's an infinite amount of knowledge that we don't have / can't understand.

There is no end to knowledge !
but with time surely things are being explained.
many supernatural sites have been explained now with the knowledge that has been acquired over the years.

QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 18 2006, 03:11 AM) [snapback]474864[/snapback]
Indeed. The supernatural is simply (it is is existant) what we cannot or don't understand at the time. smile.gif

Yea , i think the same.
But there is nothing unnatural to it.
It just has not been explained yet.
esrz22
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 18 2006, 01:19 AM) [snapback]475058[/snapback]

Yea , i think the same.

That's what I've been saying. The Supernatural is Natural.
Amol
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 18 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]475059[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 18 2006, 01:19 AM) [snapback]475058[/snapback]

Yea , i think the same.

That's what I've been saying. The Supernatural is Natural.

I'm telling the same thing tooo tongue.gif
SaMaster14
Well, have you encountered any ghosts or spirits lately?

here are some of my stories:

I was just in my house on my computer and i heard some curious creaking noises. I just put it off though. I did kinda feel something though, since I am very spiritual and such. Than, I though someone had opened the door to my gym, which is the first floor, but we use it as a basement(i'll explain that in more detail if anyone needs it). So I went down and the TV was on, which nobody had ever touched and nobody was there. I shut the TV off and went upstairs. Than I went up to our third floor where all the bedrooms are and took a shower in my room. When I came out I heard more noises, kinda like someone was on my bed, and I really felt something. I than walked downstairs to my second floor which is the main floor and I heard more walking type noises, and my dog started barking at nothing. I than said "If you are a ghost or spirit, please leave" About one second after I heard our a noise like our gym door was closing and the presence left.

When I was really young, I hated going into our guest bedroom, even when it was light out. I felt like someone had died in there. I asked my parents, and sure enough, the old owner of the house passed away in that room. So I just never went into that room since I started feeling the presence until about 2-3 months ago when I had my Kung Fu teacher who is VERY spiritual come in and he said there was a small presence, but nothing menacing. He made it leave though.

The father of a friend from my old school died from cancer, and when I was at the friends bat-mitzvah(the jewish religions coming of age), the whole night I felt like her father was there, and I never, ever cry, and when they were doing one of the songs, I wasn't feeling sad or anything I just let out like 2 tears.

My kung fu teacher and I were metitating one day and he told me to think of God. I asked him how and he said just to think of white light surrounding me. I did, and after about a minute or so, I just started smiling. I felt as though someone was embracing me and smiling at me, so I started smiling.

My aunt passed away from cancer about 2 years ago or something and I went to her funeral in New York. When we got back to Los Angeles, that night, I prayed for her safety in the next life and that night I had a dream that she came to my room and hugged me and said goodbye for the last time.

One of my most scary ones:
My cousin was 10 years old and he died from a cerebral hemorrhage. Well, we went to go pick up my Aunt from the hospital after she visted her daughter whose son it was that passed away and when she got in the car she was crying and my mom, her sister, was crying, and I didn't realy know the boy, but I was sad too. Well I felt like someone came in the car with my aunt, and about half way through the car ride I started shaking like crazy, and I couldn't talk, I actually could not utter a word. And I just started staring at my aunts shoulder, and it was like the boy was sitting on her shoulder, crying with her.

not that much a ghost story, but paranormal one.
My kung fu teacher is orthodox jewish(I am conservative jewish), and he was speaking to his rabbi, his rabbi told him this story: The rabbi was having dinner with a very spiritual person who believed in the soul leaving the body and teleportation and such, and the person actually meditated for a few minutes and fully disappeared for about 5 or so seconds only to return and say that he had teleported to a dinner table in the Middle East or something of the sort.

My most recent was not that long ago. I was sitting in my family room, watching TV and we have a really old music box that hasn't been used in like 20 years, and out of nowhere it just started playing. I got a little freaked out so I waited until it stopped playing and than went up to bed. My kung fu teacher says that if you talk to ghosts they do hear you, so before I went to bed I said that if the ghost that played the music box was there to please talk to me in a dream. That night I was dreaming about something(don't remember) and suddenly out of nowhere in my dream a child appeared and said, "Hi, I'm a kid, and I like you" and I immediately woke up breathing heavily.

My Kung Fu teacher also does many things with ghosts and such and he said he also things there is an earthbound ghost in my house that walks around. He said it was the lady who owned the house before us and died in the house.

Those are all the ones I can remember for now.

I will post more if any come up.

SPIRITUAL STUFF:
Mind Reading:

My Kung Fu teacher has done it for me once. Out of nowhere he asked me if I was going to ask a girl out any time soon, and I said not really, and than he asked if I liked a girl and I said yes. He proceded to give me the first 3 letters of the girls name(and she only has a 5 letter name) and he described what her face looked like in detail and was pretty much exactly correct. I was amazing. My Kung Fu teacher always amazes me.

Kenisis:
Well I guess mind reading is a type of telekenisis, but what do you all think of kenisis in general? I do believe that people can do pyro kenisis and electro kinisis and the such(like having a fireball in their hand, shoking people ect). I believe if you meditate for long enough and really have focus anything to a certain physical extent is possible, and some people just have gifts. Like for me, I see odd things some times and when I meditate I usually go off in different demensions and see the vibrations of light and living organisms like tress ect, and I can usually see energies and stuff.

Astral dreaming/disconnecting body and soul:
In this field of spiritual things, I try and meditate at least 10 minutes every day. Well my kung fu/spiritual teacher told me to mediate with my eyes close and think of a light entering the middle of my head(the actual middle like in the center of the brain i guess), and to put a dot in the same center and say "eye(I) am awake, You are asleep" and I do that and get really tired. Though my mind is still awake my body falls asleep and if i do it for long enough I usually start to feel that my soul is being ripped from my skin. Sometimes right after I meditate like that sitting down, I will move to my bed, lay down, and continue meditating. I have only done this once, but I have actually fully put body to sleep but left my mind open. Though, for some reason I could feel my soul outside of my body, but I couldn't move. i just layed there as a soul. When I mediate I don't move at all, only breath and usually after it is a little hard to move my body parts until my soul is completely back in my body which takes a minute or two. It is very fun and I can't wait to get deeper into my meditations.

Spiritual items:
I have one of these, its called an E-pendant. Its a bit pricey(around $300). I wear it, so tell me what you all think?

http://www.metaforms.net/ependant.htm

I have the small sport style one in gold. And I have a sapphire crystal on the star(heaven) side and an emerald crystal on the earth side. I'll try and get a picture of it soon. But refer to the link above for pictures.

They are supposed to connect you with God and relieve stress. From my experience, they REALLY work. With the two sides I almost have split personalities. When the earth side is on my chest I am very calm and grounded, while when the star side is on my chest my energy raises to my head and I am more reactionary and energized.

I can give more info if anyone wants.
Popogeejo
I have one of these, its called an E-pendant. Its a bit pricey(around $300). I wear it, so tell me what you all think?

Your parents wasted $300.

He said it was the lady who owned the house before us and died in the house.

Most people die in their houses...
How much are you paying this Kung-fu guy?
SaMaster14
Well we knew that the lady died in the house, he just said that he though that she was the ghost.

And I don't believe my parents wasted $300 since I believe it works and all of my friends say they see a difference since I got it.

Oh and we pay the kung fu guy $90 an hour, but I usually actually train in Kung Fu fighting with him, which helps alot, its made me pretty strong. Its like a street fighting martial arts class.

But I have money, to put it bluntly so its not a waste for me.
~Kurenai~
I have only done this once, but I have actually fully put body to sleep but left my mind open.

Sounds like you were having a lucid dream.

Though, for some reason I could feel my soul outside of my body, but I couldn't move.

(That's happened to me before.) It's hard to explain but I read in a book that that happens because your mind wakes up before your body does.

When it happened to me, I was sleeping and suddenly heard a loud crashing sound. I was going to jump out of bed to see what happened, but I couldn't move a muscle, not even open my eyes. It was a little scary but only lasted a few seconds.
SaMaster14
QUOTE(~Kurenai~ @ Feb 24 2008, 05:17 PM) *
I have only done this once, but I have actually fully put body to sleep but left my mind open.

Sounds like you were having a lucid dream.

Though, for some reason I could feel my soul outside of my body, but I couldn't move.

(That's happened to me before.) It's hard to explain but I read in a book that that happens because your mind wakes up before your body does.

When it happened to me, I was sleeping and suddenly heard a loud crashing sound. I was going to jump out of bed to see what happened, but I couldn't move a muscle, not even open my eyes. It was a little scary but only lasted a few seconds.

Well, a lucid dream is when you can control your dream, and it was a type of lucid dream I think, but its like more than just lucid or something.

And, that is what I was trying to accomplish. I wanted to have my mind awake while my body was asleep. And it is hard to move, and scary, you just have to think of moving and you will move, its hard at first, that is what I've heard. I still haven't mastered it at all, but I'm trying smile.gif
esrz22
QUOTE(SaMaster14 @ Feb 24 2008, 08:07 PM) *
But I have money

Good for you. I have functioning logic.
~Kurenai~
QUOTE(SaMaster14 @ Feb 24 2008, 05:20 PM) *
And, that is what I was trying to accomplish. I wanted to have my mind awake while my body was asleep. And it is hard to move, and scary, you just have to think of moving and you will move, its hard at first, that is what I've heard. I still haven't mastered it at all, but I'm trying smile.gif

But why are you trying to master that? The purpose of sleeping is to rest the mind and body.
SaMaster14
I have logic as well, and I do believe this stuff.

And I'm trying to master it not for sleep purposes. Basically its when I'm resting but not during my normal sleep hours so that I can have an open mind. I mean, you have to admit it will be fun to be able to do anything you want as a sould, teleport, fly, walk through walls, ect ect. You can do this while you are dreaming with a completely open mind and you will remember it.
Popogeejo
But I have money, to put it bluntly so its not a waste for me.

You can have a million cakes but throwing one in the trash is still a waste.

I mean, you have to admit it will be fun to be able to do anything you want as a sould, teleport, fly, walk through walls, ect ect.

Yeah, I like Heroes as well. Hiro is my favourite.

You can't have logic and honestly believe a guy teleported to the oh so vague area that is the middle east. Seriously, the Middle East is huge and made of several countries, could the guy at least give a better location?
Sounds like you just watch too much TV.
~Kurenai~
QUOTE(SaMaster14 @ Feb 24 2008, 05:27 PM) *

And I'm trying to master it not for sleep purposes. Basically its when I'm resting but not during my normal sleep hours so that I can have an open mind. I mean, you have to admit it will be fun to be able to do anything you want as a sould, teleport, fly, walk through walls, ect ect. You can do this while you are dreaming with a completely open mind and you will remember it.

Then if that's what you want to do, then you only need to learn to control lucid dreaming.
esrz22
QUOTE(SaMaster14 @ Feb 24 2008, 08:27 PM) *

Key word: functioning.
SaMaster14
I have functioning logic. I mean I got into a private school and I'm one of the top of my class in one of the best private high schools in the USA, so I mean I think I must have some logic. Plus, why can't I believe what I want to believe, what does it matter to you. Personally I just let things like this roll of my shoulders, its nothing to me what you believe and don't believe.
~Kurenai~
There you go bragging again. Dude, stop. It puts people off.
SaMaster14
listen, I"m sorry. I'm just trying to make friends and not enemies. I was just defending myself when ezrs said I didn't have functioning logic. I mean I guess its his opinion, but still.

And with the cars think, I wasn't trying to brag, I just wanted to have a thread to discuss cars.

I'm really not trying to brag, I mean I know I'm not the richest person in the world,
LittleFullMental
yep, I do believe in the super natural because I sometimes kind of explains what happens to your soul after death if you don't go to heaven OR hell.... happy.gif
Forgiven
Somewhat. I believe there are just demons screwing with us.
Igorokk
Good point Karim, given the inevitable comparisons with the iPhone Im sure Nokia will want adequate build quality on this. But then you would have thought that would be true for flagships like the N95 too, so I guess well have to wait and see.
Popogeejo
QUOTE (Igorokk @ Jun 11 2009, 10:29 PM) *
Good point Karim, given the inevitable comparisons with the iPhone Im sure Nokia will want adequate build quality on this. But then you would have thought that would be true for flagships like the N95 too, so I guess well have to wait and see.

This! This is the best bot ever.
Nzm
I believe in God, devil, angels, demons, magick (which IMHO doesn't have to be evil), mysticism etc. Yes, I am some kind of irrationalist.

About aliens and things like that - it's highly possible that somewhere in space there is intelligent life. About bacterias and simple lifeforms - they are proved to exist in our solar system.
Mhacy
I believed in supernaturals when I was young. Maybe that's why im afraid of darkness before...but when I grew up I realized that everything in this world has an expanation and supernatural are just people's thoughts about some strange things. Some of them was surely a story invented by someone that have been passed on generations..But there is only one thing for me that is supernatural and that is GOD..and how come that Im alive today...I wonder if there is a real GOD..sleep.gif
Nzm
I don't understand this kind of thinking. If there's God, there has to be God's power. And there probably have to be things like afterlife, souls etc. And it introduces as into the supernatural stuff - not monsters under child's bed, but spiritual matters. That's why I think that belief in God is strongly connected with other beliefs. And that's why I don't reject the supernatural.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.