Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What'd Trisha Elric Die Of?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
primus diddy
I know Trisha died of a long and painful disease, but did they ever say what it's called? If they didn't, anyone want to speculate?
Popogeejo
Boredom?I mean it seemed pretty dull in their village[/jk]
More likely some kinda cancer or some other depressing illness.It can't be genetic or virulant other wise Ed or Al would have caught it.

House would have saved her. wink.gif
napes
They never really explained it...just like they never really explained what Lust's human self died of either

House would have broken several rules, and made Winry cry.
Popogeejo
Well in the anime what wouldn't make her cry?
Manga Winry would "clonk" upside his head.
Win-win really.Winry crying=funny
House getting hurt=more funny
Carnal Malefactor
PCP overdose.
EdandAl'sSister
Well, telling that she collapsed and was sweating, it was problably cancer of some sort like U said. sad.gif

I wanna be a doctor, so I know >_<
Toby-Chan
I've read that depression can weaken the immune system, so that could have aggravated whatever it was she had.
Jedi28
She died of majorplotpointitis. If she hadn't died, Ed and Al would never have tried to bring her back, so no FMA. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Automne
Some said Dante poisoned her or something.
Joe J
House would have mis-diagnosed her for the first 45 minutes, then he would have realized that she was secretly manipulating unrefined red water in the celler. Somewhere along the way, Ed would have taken a swing at him. That would be quite an episode.

Peace,
Joe J.
MonsterEnvy
Maybe it's just me, but I think that at Trisha's funeral (at least in the manga) they said something about a plague. The symptoms looked a bit like TB...
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Mar 11 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]361672[/snapback]

That was one vague crackpot theory in a yuri fanfic...

that's all I can recall hearing that from.
Melydragon
Yeah, I think it was some kind of cancer that they couldnīt control back then.

But I think that Hohenheimīs absense also help a lot. Maybe if he had been with his family, Trisha couldīve live longer.

I donīt blame Hohenheim for that because I really really like him but I mean, he had a family. He shouldīve been there for it.
napes
QUOTE(Joe J @ Mar 11 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]361683[/snapback]

House would have mis-diagnosed her for the first 45 minutes, then he would have realized that she was secretly manipulating unrefined red water in the celler. Somewhere along the way, Ed would have taken a swing at him. That would be quite an episode.

haha...Yeah at least 90% of the episodes in House tend to be poisoning by some toxic material. Trisha would hide the truth until House figuered out what was going on, Winry would cry, and then House would pop some pills. Also, hookers are involved.

I've read that depression can weaken the immune system, so that could have aggravated whatever it was she had.

I have heard though that depression does weaken the immune system, so whatever illness she had was advanced significantly by Hohenheim not being around. It also does make sense that Dante could have done it, or it could have been Envy, who managed to create some weird epidemic in Lujon's village where the skin would harden.
InternetAlchemist
Chuck Norris's tears could have cured her. Unfortunately, Chuck never cries.
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 11 2006, 03:28 PM) [snapback]361696[/snapback]

DanteXTrisha?

:rolleyesbarf:
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Mar 12 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]362276[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 11 2006, 03:28 PM) [snapback]361696[/snapback]

DanteXTrisha?

:rolleyesbarf:

Fandom is scary.

But I love all of the cracky glory.

Trisha x Sarah w00t!
instantmirage
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 11 2006, 03:02 PM) [snapback]361564[/snapback]

She died of majorplotpointitis. If she hadn't died, Ed and Al would never have tried to bring her back, so no FMA. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

by that point,
they still would tend to be an alchemist,
trying to find their father,
thas what i think... tongue.gif

Trisha X Pride, hek hek hek
CHUA!
hm... well i can't explain it but if she was like water or something as a homunculi... i dunno but for some reason i'd have to say pneumonia (water in lungs) seriously i dunno y i think that
Popogeejo
I'm not sure if the manga explination is valid for the anime but in it she dies of a plauge.(not the plauge but a plauge)
Ultimate_Hughes_fan
Well I hate talking about this kind of medical stuff, but I'd guess she had a sort of cancer or a serious case of deppresion. Thats my best shot.
Onslaught
who the hell is house? hahahah :S
Petalchaser
mmmm....? maybe diabetes? they couldn't control that in 1910 and supposedly it would be a long dragged out and painful death...
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Onslaught @ Mar 20 2006, 02:20 AM) [snapback]366015[/snapback]

who the hell is house? hahahah :S

TV show character who's supposed to be the greatest dianostican in the US but uh-oh!He's a grummpy son of gun.
Very good show.
Deadliest Sin
Mm, I was just wondering about this very question last night actually. It does definitely seem that her depression made whatever she had worse... I`m gonna guess cancer, because it just seems to fit.
Onslaught
dont know, but im sure it would have helped her had she seen Hoenhiem before her death sleep.gif
Sarion
QUOTE(CHUA! @ Mar 18 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]365332[/snapback]

hm... well i can't explain it but if she was like water or something as a homunculi... i dunno but for some reason i'd have to say pneumonia (water in lungs) seriously i dunno y i think that

hey, that brings up a good point, maybe it was sumthing like that.
princess_punker84
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Mar 11 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]361693[/snapback]

Maybe it's just me, but I think that at Trisha's funeral (at least in the manga) they said something about a plague. The symptoms looked a bit like TB...

Thank you MonsterEnvy!!! biggrin.gif I knew I had heard that she died from a plague and for the life of me, I couldn't remember where I had heard it...and you jarred my memory!!! I know it was somewhere in the manga around the time of her funeral, not exactly sure of the page or chapter but thats where it is!!!
Sin Of Envy
[Seriously] She died because she was keeping all her sadness and anger in her heart and it couldn't take anymore. That's what they said in anime if I remember right...
twinalchemistdark
no no. the @%$ hoinheim left because his body was rotting. and trisha's life force died down waiting for him to return. that's also why ed and al are so pissed at him
55th_animalalchemist
Could it be the black plague , It is caused by a virus named yersinia and the flea of the black rat (the comun rat) and it killed half of Europe on the 14 century. Maybe Arakawa used it on FMA.
JoshP1389
Nope. FMA took more of a 19th century role in its setting.
paca
I think she died because she was sad and she was in sorrow. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Jun 14 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]411724[/snapback]

Nope. FMA took more of a 19th century role in its setting.

That wouldn't rule it out in the FMA world. Their timeline is diffrent from ours. What does rule out the black plauge is the lack of symptoms for the plauge. I didn't see any blotchy skin or pustules.
Becca-chan
I think it may of been a mixture between missing Hoenheim and the illness

Illness-wise, I really don't know what it could of been.. although like someone said earlier, it was probably Hoenheim's absence that made it worse.

shallwedance
QUOTE(paca @ Jun 17 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]413149[/snapback]

I think she died because she was sad and she was in sorrow. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

That's what I thought too...
22-250
She died cause it was important to the story.
InsaneFangirl
^

Seriously. XD Can you imagine what Ed and Al would be like if she never died?
Matt Perry
The depression of her husband being gone for so long. It can kill you when you no longer have the will to live.
Lucario_Wolf
She dies of the plague! So sad....
VincentProxy
I was thinking she died of some pain of loneliness or something, because her husband left her and she missed them and causeed some sort of something?...
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Lucario_Wolf @ Oct 7 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]455909[/snapback]

She dies of the plague! So sad....

A plauge, not The Plauge. There's a diffrence.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
She died because Arakawa and the director wanted her to die. : D

I'm so going to hell for that... I just couldn't resist.
Barrythechopper rocks
She died from the depression and darkness eating at her or something like that. It was because of Hohenheim leaving her. That's why ed hates him so much because he caused Trisha to die. Or so I heard.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
QUOTE(Barrythechopper rocks @ Oct 22 2006, 01:00 AM) [snapback]463135[/snapback]

She died from the depression and darkness eating at her or something like that. It was because of Hohenheim leaving her. That's why ed hates him so much because he caused Trisha to die. Or so I heard.

Or so he thought.

It was more than likely a mixture of depression and some disease, I would think.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Barrythechopper rocks @ Oct 22 2006, 07:00 AM) [snapback]463135[/snapback]

Popos rule of the Web #11: Never belive anythng startng "Apprently" or ending in "So I heard."
Mustang_93
It may of been something that Hoenheim had. (not STD's) some thing that was on him. Whatever was happening to him (you should know what I am talking about now) may have been the reason he left. (hint: Dante has it to *wink*wink*)
Francesco Carter
yea. i think her worrying too much & waiting for that long was one of the reasons that she died the way she did.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
QUOTE(Mustang_93 @ Oct 22 2006, 05:53 PM) [snapback]463502[/snapback]

It may of been something that Hoenheim had. (not STD's) some thing that was on him. Whatever was happening to him (you should know what I am talking about now) may have been the reason he left. (hint: Dante has it to *wink*wink*)

Somehow, I doubt his physical condition killed her. Maybe figuratively (assuming that she knew about it), but I don't think that was contagious...I highly doubt it was.
KingdomSoul
QUOTE(55th_animalalchemist @ Jun 14 2006, 03:07 AM) [snapback]411638[/snapback]
Could it be the black plague , It is caused by a virus named yersinia and the flea of the black rat (the comun rat) and it killed half of Europe on the 14 century. Maybe Arakawa used it on FMA.

That's probably what happened. But it was in the 20th century she died and that it was very common.

Either she died from the plague, or she died from a heart attack or cancer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.