Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 50 Death
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
JoshP1389
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Mar 14 2006, 05:31 PM) [snapback]363257[/snapback]

Then, no dirt on my hands if you scroll down the page and get bad mental images because you read the word "yaoi".

...what? I hardly doubt most non-anime fans/newbies would know what yaoi, ecchi, or lolikon would be. Rules are followed there as they are followed here, and are listed through the link at the top.

This is what you should've seen before you click "Proceed..." at the bottom to see the lists of boards. If you saw the list before clicking any sort of agreement, either your browser might not be compatible with 4chan or you've visited before (your cookies should tell you this).

IPB Image

Anyways, shall we end this discussion? As much as people are trying to ignore our dispute, they're probably irritated. Go ahead and make another suggestion if you want, but don't expect a post from me.

---

So... more love to Hohenheim.

IPB Image
Automne
Why not continue? We proceeded to make laught the "intelligent" part of this forum! Some even found this discussion funny as hell!...

And I wasn't talking about the 4Chan front page, but thank you for trying, I guess...But, anyway, I don't want to eplain myself. I said "PM", you wanted to continue here, so I find the 'Let's stop this discussion' thing ridiculous. But I'm not trying to find any 'Earth logic' here.
Joegirl
*bangs head*

*raises hand*

Hey, can we get back to the subject please?

I have seen most of FMA, but I missed the whole thing on Lior and Rose the first time Ed was there. What was Ed's relationship with Rose? I was just wondering in relation to Ed's reaction when she said she loved him.

Also, I find it kind of weird that he would have actually danced with her. I can't really see him doing that. I almost thought maybe she was Envy at first, but then I realized that Rose was under some kind of weird influence of Dante's. I'm still speculating on what Dante was using to control her....

Did anyone else besides me sit in stunned shock instead of crying?
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 15 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]363465[/snapback]

Must people keep mentioning work? I'd much rather procrastinate and make up weird alternate storylines. laugh.gif

Work in the Archinator hmmm??? Okay, ah yes, in the final episode, Riza discovers she's in love with the Archinator and runs off with him. Meanwhile, Roy is facing off with Pride when we hear:

Pride: Do you know what happened to your father?
Roy: Yes, you killed him in a phone booth!!!!!
Pride: No, Roy, I AM YOUR FATHER!
Roy: AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Okay, that was just for you! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And who said they were alternate! biggrin.gif

Hahaha!....lmao....but man..why did you give it away!!?? That was the big spoiler of the last episode!! Now everyone knows! grrrrr.....tongue.gif
Jedi28
I just couldn't keep it secret, FullMetal Elf, I had to let it out! It's all good though, no one would ever believe it! biggrin.gif By the way, I REALLY REALLY like your Sig! Very nice! biggrin.gif

Joegirl- I think I've seen too many Animes. I didn't sit in shock, I thought "Gee, he just had his heart punched out, how come he has time to look shocked?"
Rose and Ed are just friends. That's why Ed says, "Do you know what you just said? We're just friends, remember?" Nothing happens between them in Liore at any time, Ed doesn't even see her all that much. The final time he sees her in Liore she says, "I'll see you later" and he says, "Yes....no, this is goodbye Rose." He wasn't remotely interested. Ed is totally consumed with fixing what he did to Al (or at least what he blames himself for doing to Al) he gives himself no time to even consider relationships. He's basically put his life on hold in order to try and restore Al.
Melydragon
The thread is getting fun... we all need to get a good laugh now because of the tragic events that are happening in the series.
Jedi28
We aim to please. biggrin.gif

I have a question I've been wanting to ask people about episode 51 but I still have a few more days to wait. Oh well.
Fullmetal snake
What was the name of the song played when Ed walked into the opera house in the underground city? The one Rose was dancing to? Please someone tell me the name of this song. b4 i got nuts.

and I cant belive its almost all over..FMA is one of my all time fav shows. so sad to see it ending this saturday. But as in life all good things must come to an end.
Joegirl
QUOTE(Fullmetal snake @ Mar 16 2006, 05:23 AM) [snapback]363967[/snapback]

What was the name of the song played when Ed walked into the opera house in the underground city? The one Rose was dancing to? Please someone tell me the name of this song. b4 i got nuts.

and I cant belive its almost all over..FMA is one of my all time fav shows. so sad to see it ending this saturday. But as in life all good things must come to an end.

I love that song! I turned the volume up when I heard it.

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 15 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]363636[/snapback]

I just couldn't keep it secret, FullMetal Elf, I had to let it out! It's all good though, no one would ever believe it! biggrin.gif By the way, I REALLY REALLY like your Sig! Very nice! biggrin.gif

Joegirl- I think I've seen too many Animes. I didn't sit in shock, I thought "Gee, he just had his heart punched out, how come he has time to look shocked?"
Rose and Ed are just friends. That's why Ed says, "Do you know what you just said? We're just friends, remember?" Nothing happens between them in Liore at any time, Ed doesn't even see her all that much. The final time he sees her in Liore she says, "I'll see you later" and he says, "Yes....no, this is goodbye Rose." He wasn't remotely interested. Ed is totally consumed with fixing what he did to Al (or at least what he blames himself for doing to Al) he gives himself no time to even consider relationships. He's basically put his life on hold in order to try and restore Al.

Thank you Jedi!

Aw... that's really sad. I kinda figured he wasn't interested. Wonder if she had anything for him.

*sighs*

I'm probably just fantasizing.
PUKE
QUOTE(Fullmetal snake @ Mar 16 2006, 05:23 AM) [snapback]363967[/snapback]

The song is called "Dante". I have the song, but its not in the same style as the one in the opera house.

The ending (episode 51) wasn't that great though. Too much blah-blah-blah. I wouldn't say the anime has the best ending ever.
Jedi28
Yeah, the second half of episode 51 is basically an epilogue. The first half doesn't have a lot of stuff that happens either. Still good though and definitely worth watching.
kiori
QUOTE(Fullmetal snake @ Mar 16 2006, 04:23 AM) [snapback]363967[/snapback]

This one isn't actually called Dante, it's just another version of it. I downloanded the entire OST and there's like six different versions of this song. It takes awhile but if you want to download the OST try here: http://www.fullmetalalchemist.info/music.html
It's worth the wait. In additiont to the original score it has all of the ending and opening themes, other songs by the artists that sing them and 3 or 4 songs sung by Ed and Roy's Japanese voice actors. It's awesome.

And yes, I agree. It's going to be difficult to fill the void after FMA is over. But at least the manga's still got a ways to go happy.gif And the movie!! Don't forget about that! Even though it's gonna suck to wait I'm waiting for the English version to come out. I hate subtitles.
Ed-Al-Win Fan
Crap, I'm again late on replying.

Anyways I'll proceed to leave a opinion. Starting off this episode was a total 'whoa'...So much had happen in it. The beginning without the little instrument music, did seem kind of strange...I didn't like it, it scared me with suspense(lol)...I mean I knew something bad/horrible was bound happen on this episode, the title says it all...I mean Ed died really two times...And it was kind of sad seeing 'that' Ed in all that fire, and when he tried to use alchemy, nothing happen, and then all this debris falls on top of him....I also had laughed at that part where Ed called Dante an evil "b*tch", from seeing the whole series, I never witness them say that word, unless I just wasn't listening all the way(lol). The Roy vs Bradly thing was interesting too...Bradly looks like he's not going to go down so easily, well of course not since he is the Ultimate Eye(lol), which creeps me out everytime he shows that...Good luck though Roy!(lol)

And yes poor Gluttony and Wrath...Wrath is actually still my fav bad guy, and like on epi 46, 47, 48 he was getting a little on my nerves with all that whining pestering...But poor thing just wants his mommy, which isn't exactly his mommy...And Gluttony poor him, he misses Lust dearly...It just states that he's not going to follow orders anymore, without seeing her, but Dante just had to come over there and posses him...Darn you Dante!
And now the most intense yet sad part of this whole episode...Is seeing FullMetal die aka Ed...I was just staring at the TV straight bug-eyed, kind of like Ed was when he just got stabbed, I mean my eyes didn't move or anything...And the way he got killed, even though he died from Envy piercing whatever that was he used, his expression was total shock...I know it was from seeing Envy true form, who would actually be kind of his half brother, since they both have the same dad...Which Hoho I know he regrets all what he's done, but he still was not at all a good father, I mean I was even shocked to know that he even had a child by Dante. But I have to say even though Envy killed Ed (which I depised)...I have to say his fighting skills were way cool...I like the whole fooling around mind game thing that he was trying to get to with Ed(who was not believing it one bit)...And Ed couldn't really hit him, because he kept flipping and doing these twists in the air, the only thing that slowed him down of course was Wrath...But after seeing this episode it didn't make me hate Envy it made me not kind of like what Hohenhiem did, the running away didn't help none, you just can't run away from your problems(even though he's going through a rotten corpse crisis lol)...

And Al which makes me even feel more sorry for him, doesn't even have his own older brother to look after him anymore...I also hope on the next episode, that some reward comes out of this...Unfornately and sadly since Ed's gone, I hope Al get his body back or something good happens for him...Well anywho enough of my talk, it was a VERY good yet sad episode, a lot answers revealed in this episode and its turned into one of my favs. Oh yeah and the cliffhanger was a pain, I'm really anxious to see the next episode...Which now I won't have to wait that long, since the weekend is now here...(lol)...I hate that this series show is ending as well, it was awesome while it lasted sad.gif
redmethod
mad.gif I cannot believe that Envy( That b*stard) killed Ed, the momment he let his guard down. He was being sympathetic and was getting up when POW! Right through the stomach, incredibly cheap shot as far as I am concerned.
Popogeejo
Did the job though. >:D
Envy didn't want sumpathy,he wanted revenge.
Envys to do list;
*Kill Hoenheim
*Kill Ed
*Kill Al
*pick up laundry
*betray Dante
*Take over world by pretanding to be Bradly
Not a bad plan in all.
Jedi28
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Mar 17 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]364819[/snapback]

Envys to do list;
*Kill Hoenheim
*Kill Ed
*Kill Al
*pick up laundry
*betray Dante
Not a bad plan in all.

You're thinking to small! biggrin.gif Envy would have a MUCH better list like this:

-Kill Hoho
-Kill Ed
-Kill Al
-Bring them all back and kill them again
-Kill Dante just because
-Pretend to BE Ed and-
-Kill Winry
-Kill Riza and Co, everyone BUT Roy.
-Kill Rose
-Kill Izumi
-Kill EVERYONE
-Bring Ed back and gloat about how I killed everyone while looking like him.
-Put Ed in a room with Roy who thinks Ed killed everyone.
-Recover Ed's charred corpse from Roy.
-Bring him back cause I forgot to bring back Al and kill him again in front of Ed while pretending to BE Ed.
-Kill Ed again
-Pick up laundry
-Read a good book
-Join an Anger Management class
-Take over the world
-Bring back Ed and kill him again just to make it a even number
-Paint toenails
Alchemic Boom
Pfft, but of course Envy would get his toe's painted after his manicure...pedicure...whatever.

I do not know these terms at all.

Anyhow yeah I guess that was cheap shot. But you just know it wouldn't be a fair fight from the beginning. Envy's the type to pull out the tricks when starting to lose.
Nega FMA
he wasn't losing though,lol. Eds punches barely even did damage to him. He should've pinned Envy down with his regular hand and punched the crap out of him with his automail.
Melydragon
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 17 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]364867[/snapback]

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Mar 17 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]364819[/snapback]

Envys to do list;
*Kill Hoenheim
*Kill Ed
*Kill Al
*pick up laundry
*betray Dante
Not a bad plan in all.

You're thinking to small! biggrin.gif Envy would have a MUCH better list like this:

-Kill Hoho
-Kill Ed
-Kill Al
-Bring them all back and kill them again
-Kill Dante just because
-Pretend to BE Ed and-
-Kill Winry
-Kill Riza and Co, everyone BUT Roy.
-Kill Rose
-Kill Izumi
-Kill EVERYONE
-Bring Ed back and gloat about how I killed everyone while looking like him.
-Put Ed in a room with Roy who thinks Ed killed everyone.
-Recover Ed's charred corpse from Roy.
-Bring him back cause I forgot to bring back Al and kill him again in front of Ed while pretending to BE Ed.
-Kill Ed again
-Pick up laundry
-Read a good book
-Join an Anger Management class
-Take over the world
-Bring back Ed and kill him again just to make it a even number
-Paint toenails

Good one!!!
Popogeejo
Poor ol ed done got IPB Image
Never mess with an effeminate plam tree with parental issues.
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(Nega FMA @ Mar 17 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]364907[/snapback]

he wasn't losing though,lol. Eds punches barely even did damage to him. He should've pinned Envy down with his regular hand and punched the crap out of him with his automail.

...Yeah, so Envy's just cheap. It's true. But he was really angry for the fact that he didn't get to kill Hoho-Papa. So next best thing is to kill Ed. It is on top of his priority list and no doubt he's been waiting for that moment for a long time.
Colette
QUOTE(redmethod @ Mar 17 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]364808[/snapback]

mad.gif I cannot believe that Envy( That b*stard) killed Ed, the momment he let his guard down. He was being sympathetic and was getting up when POW! Right through the stomach, incredibly cheap shot as far as I am concerned.

Ed would have killed Envy the moment he recovered from shock anyway. >>
Jedi28
I don't think so. Ed couldn't use alchemy so he couldn't kill Envy the way he killed Greed and Sloth. He didn't have any of Envy's original body so he couldn't kill him that way. There was really no way Ed could have killed Envy, he was basically doomed the second he came back through the gate.
Colette
He would have tried, though.
Automne
QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Today @ 09:57 AM)
he was basically doomed the second he came back through the gate.

WORD. Duh.
Colette
Pretty much, yeah, because Envy's lived +400 years, so he's had his fair share of red stones. He WAS screwed, but he still would have tried to win.
Automne
QUOTE(Summoner Colette Posted Today @ 10:05 AM)
Pretty much, yeah, because Envy's lived +400 years, so he's had his fair share of red stones. He WAS screwed, but he still would have tried to win.

Not so sure he would have tried to really kill him. It's not because he killed Greed he would suddenly go on killing every homunculi easily, or willingly, especially after what Envy revealed him.

And plus...You'll see in episode 51.
Colette
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Mar 18 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]365115[/snapback]

QUOTE(Summoner Colette Posted Today @ 10:05 AM)

Not so sure he would have tried to really kill him. It's not because he killed Greed he would suddenly go on killing every homunculi easily, or willingly, especially after what Envy revealed him.

And plus...You'll see in episode 51.

I've already seen it, though.
Automne
Good. There is in this episode arguments standing against the "Ed wants to kill Envy" idea.
Jedi28
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Mar 18 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]365123[/snapback]

Good. There is in this episode arguments standing against the "Ed wants to kill Envy" idea.

Are you talking about the bizarre (in my opinion) [spoiler] conversation between Ed and Envy? It SHOULD have been Ed: You bastard, you killed me! Why are you here?! Envy: You bastard, I killed you! Why are you here?! Instead we get Envy: Where are we? Ed: The gate... and so forth and so forth. It's the murderer and victim and they're just talking like it's an anyday conversation. Very odd. [/spoiler]

Ed DID try to kill Envy I think but it was in self-defense. He disproved the theory of equivalent exchange, he worked really hard to defeat Envy and what did it get him in exchange? Keyholed. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
GREEDisGOOD
What are you talking about 'Ed didn't get anything in exchange?' The whole point of the show was that the payment he had to give to get Al's body back was so complex and grand that Ed would never have been able to just say "okay, I just have to this and this and this and then I'll get Al's body back."

He paid the price he had to pay, and Al got his body back. Considering that's what Ed had worked for through all of the show, I'm pretty sure that Equivalent Exchange right there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.