Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 50 Death
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Jen_Elric
This is the designated talk-back thread for episode 50. This thread will open officially on Friday. Please DO NOT POST until then. Thanks. happy.gif

Yes, I know I'm starting this thread early but I got nervous. I REALLY didn't want some newbie jumping in and taking it! IT"s mine!! 0_0

Anyways, get ready for this one!! Get tissues and rolled up socks! The tissues (well, you are gonna need them for when you cry, if you cry) and the socks are for the mother of ALL cliffhangers!! I really don't want people throwing hard objects at their TV and breaking it. You guys need a TV to see the last episode (51)!!

And please, when it's time to start posting on this thread, keep spoilers hidden. Otherwise, on Friday, you can start the countdown!! biggrin.gif
experiment#84 : lab 5
YAY!!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS EPISODE smile.gif !!! So I will be the first one to start the countdown?!?!? AWSOME laugh.gif !!! Ok... umm...

About 29 hours and 22 min till episode 50: Death!!! cool.gif

Jen_Elric
Alright, experiment#84!! You started the thread off to a good start! I"m happy. I can't wait to see how many pages this thread gets. Let's see...I think 18 hours and 45 minutes!
ChibiWinry_05
well since it's friday i guess we can start discussion. another 30 hrs and 15 mins till ep 50 i'm going to get some tissues and anti-depresetes for tomorrow
Nepharski
This episode promises to be a mind bend. To bad it's the last episode of the series.

tongue.gif
Aleclom
25 1/2 more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
Sikiu-San
The main episode I long to see in english x3 *passes out heavy-duity ear plugs and shuffles down in a sound proof bunker* >_> Your going to need them tommrow night if any fma fans live near you xD I cant believe the series is almost over, so unreal to me Dx
Wyrd_Raven
To quote from Babylon 5 "And so it begins."

Alchemic Boom
Wow, I never noticed how fast the series was actually ending. The weeks seem to fly by sometimes. Gotta love this episode... everyone likes it really though.

[spoiler]Well maybe not everyone. As long as you exclude some few Edo fangirls who can't stand to see him at the end. But then again there's always episode 51 so maybe after they see that they'd like it.[/spoiler]
Anyhow, can't wait! Less than 24 hours left for me.
Full Metal Elf
O_O....it's nearly here! OMG!...Ok..*breathe...deep breath*

I can't believe we're at 2 left already!! And I've been DYING to see this (and the final) episode in English forever!!

*brings out the tissues*....They'll be needed for the last two....trust me...
Tombow
Awww, only two more episodes!! And this one is going to be a great episode!!
I feel excited, and sad at the same time.
I can't wait for tomorrow's episode, but I wish this journey would not end this soon...

Anyway, about 23 hours to go...

Oh, and after tihs episode, Saturday March 18 is the SERIES FINAL episode, and the talk-back thread for the final episode will be hosted by the Mod-Admin sama, or one of the Moderators designated to be the thread host for the series final. smile.gif
Jedi28
The only good part of the episode that anyone really remembers is THE END! They'll all be watching it going "Um, well it's a good episode but I don't see what everyone was getting all excited about" and then the end will come and they'll go "OH MY GOSH!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HAY?!?!?!" THEN if they've taped it, they'll go back and rewatch it a bunch of times just to see if they actually saw what they thought they saw. I accidentally got spoiled by a music video, but even then I STILL went back and rewatched it in Japanese several times because I thought I'd seen it wrong. It will be much fun, sadly though I have to keep waiting for the English version on DVD because I don't have the adult swim channel. Oh well. biggrin.gif
Dreakon
Oh man, it's these threads that really pump up the dub watchers! My first viewing of Episode 50 in any language and it looks like it won't disappoint!!! ph34r.gif
Colette
Oh man...I can't wait any longer T_T

Heheh....The cliffhanger is gonna kill some people here. ph34r.gif
Automne
Oh I can't wait, but really can't to see the on-coming and ubber bashing that will be spamming this thread very soon! XD

I'll have a lot to do...
Ascension
14 Hours......!!! Anticipation is a demon......!!!!
Full Metal Elf
Oh god, yes.....the cliffhanger at the end of this episode is............OMG!!!

Hehehe...I can't wait to see the reactions here, people are going to be freaking!! This is a GOOD episode...the next one is really good too! I can't believe it's nearly over T_T....but I heard the dub is INCREDIBLE!! So I'm excited! happy.gif
MasterKris
My my... epi 50 already?? Time sure flies fast.

Things you need for tonight~
1. LOTS of tissues
2. Something to bite on
3. A list of curses you'll say at the TV
4. A protection cover for u TV in case u throw something at it
5. Make sure ur scream is covered in case ur neighbors knock ur door saying to be quiet
6. If you are one of those people who sneak at night, trying to watch TV without permission, make sure u r VERY controlled. Save ur screams until morning.
7. I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE REACTIONS OF THE DUB FANS!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
8. Don't worry, FMA is still ur friend.
9. If you are VERY obssesed with FMA, try not to watch it sitting next to someone. You'll kill them with shaking and screaming.
10. REMEMBER! There's still ONE episode left.

By the way, if you like the ending I Will, then make sure u watch it cause it's gonna be the last one.

Today's fortune:
The beginning will foreshadow the ending....
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 11 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]361650[/snapback]

1. LOTS of tissues
2. Something to bite on
5. Make sure ur scream is covered in case ur neighbors knock ur door saying to be quiet
6. If you are one of those people who sneak at night, trying to watch TV without permission, make sure u r VERY controlled. Save ur screams until morning.
9. If you are VERY obssesed with FMA, try not to watch it sitting next to someone. You'll kill them with shaking and screaming.

By the way, if you like the ending I Will, then make sure u watch it cause it's gonna be the last one.

Today's fortune:

Hmmm... ok... check, check, check, and checkaroo...(except for #9 becuase my brother wants to see it too... so I hope I don't kill him or I hope he just falls asleep before the show...)

Lets see... 11 hr. and 35 min. left!!!
Jedi28
I want to see how many fans of a certain character suddenly decide they don't like that character anymore. biggrin.gif

SinLuxuria- No, I'm not talking about Rose! tongue.gif
Colette
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 11 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]361681[/snapback]

I want to see how many fans of a certain character suddenly decide they don't like that character anymore. biggrin.gif

Yeah.

[spoiler] Envy, right?[/spoiler]

Jedi28
Yep, that's the one. laugh.gif
Aleclom
Only about 10 more hours. Judging from some of the discussions here, I'm gonna bring a bunch of socks to throw at my TV so I don't damage it. I CAN'T WAIT.
Automne
QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Today @ 01:00 PM)

Why me?? @_@ And yeah, I knew that! XD

[spoiler]I will protect him 'till my last breath[/spoiler]

Prepare to die, rabid and horny 'this character' fangirls!!! tongue.gif (Note that I'm talking about the rabid ones here XD)
Melydragon
My God! I was calmed all week for this episode to arrive, (you know doing yoga and maditating, it actually works!) but as soon as I enter the forum I got my nervousness again. And reading the list of what you need for this episode made me realize that I still need a lot for tonight. Almost like ... EVERYTHING!!

Im going to stay home all day (no mall, no Starbucks, no Barnes and Noble) to make sure nobody takes over the TV at midnight but me. I mean today is THE episode. I would kill myself if I miss it... just like last week... but I manage to see it in other way, so that is the good news!

9 hours and about 20 minutes!
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 11 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]361650[/snapback]

1. LOTS of tissues
2. Something to bite on

Today's fortune:

Hahaha! That is a good list...though the tissue boxes....for episode 51, I HIGHLY suggest them, I was crying with the Japanese sub...I'll be really crying with the dubbed...I know it!...T_T

I can't wait! ARRG..seems so long...(sigh)
Dreakon
Geez, this thread reeks of near-spoilers! I don't think I wanna hang around here till after I've seen it, lol. wink.gif
Jedi28
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Mar 11 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]361690[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Today @ 01:00 PM)

Why me?? @_@ And yeah, I knew that! XD

[spoiler]I will protect him 'till my last breath[/spoiler]

Prepare to die, rabid and horny 'this character' fangirls!!! tongue.gif (Note that I'm talking about the rabid ones here XD)

I don't know....for some reason you just popped into my head and I wrote it down. biggrin.gif

Oh to add to the previously mentioned list:

Smelling salts for when you almost pass out from shock.

You know what's a really bad giveaway spoiler for this episode that's just kinda like DUH!?

[spoiler] THE TITLE OF THE EPISODE! tongue.gif [/spoiler]

Anyone ever read "The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord"? For episode 51 (and probably 50 as well) Dante should have read numbers: [spoiler] 7.When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."
28. My pet monster will be kept in a secure cage from which it cannot escape and into which I could not accidentally stumble.
and 48. I will treat any beast which I control through magic or technology with respect and kindness. Thus if the control is ever broken, it will not immediately come after me for revenge. [/spoiler]
Sikiu-San
Come com guys lets not have too many more hints xD I think a majority of the people who have read this thread have an idea. Wonder if the site will shut down right when fma airs on the east coast to keep everyone from running here and blabbing o.o
Hyugafalcon
I've been wating since last week's episode! I like the dub, so I'm always too happy to stay up!
kiori
ARGGHH! I've seen so many spoiler pictures and amv's and I can't imagine how they're going to fit everything into just 2 more episodes. I swear I'm going to go into withdrawals when this ends. Only 8 more hours!!!!!!!
Melydragon
I wonder if the forums are going to be working tonight. I really hope they do. Im so impatient to see how everyone is going to react. Including me.

7 hours and 28 minutes!
Jedi28
I think the forums will shut down but it won't have anything to do with the episode or spoilers, it's been shutting down every week during the episode.

So once the series is over, everyone should go read the manga!! It's GREAT! biggrin.gif
Jen_Elric
Oh boy! 6 hrs. and 45 mins. left until THE episode airs. But if you think waiting for the new episodes is hard now, just wait until the end of THIS episode! You'll be building time machines to get to March 18 faster!!
checkmate_alchemist
Heh, I expected this thread to be loaded with spoilers. Nice to see that the ending has not been spoiled yet. WARNING: Anybody who gets the episode later then other time zones, DO NOT look into this thread. You have been warned. About 8 hours and 46 minutes left here.
Jedi28
We're being nice. There are some allusions but no one wants to actualy spoil things I think. You probably wouldn't believe us anyway. biggrin.gif
checkmate_alchemist
Heh, I know the ending, though I doubt that people who didn't would believe it. Though yeah, in one of the FMA boards that I visit there have been spoilers every post, and I am glad that is not happening over here.
Aleclom
Yes, but if someone DID spoil it for everyone (me included), then I would hunt them down and eat them and their first born. Just a warning. Oh, and 5 1/2 more hours!
Jedi28
Yeah, I think that's another reason no one is spoiling it. tongue.gif

Maybe we could start randomly spoiling other stuff? Anyone wanna know what happens in the latest episode of the FMA manga, the Bleach manga or the Fruits Basket manga?? Just kidding! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
checkmate_alchemist
Hey you guys, in Case Closed Volume 10... nah. Not worth it. Oh well, just as long as I don't see any ending spoilers, nobody gets their arms chopped off.

At any rate, 8 hours and 17 minutes to go.
Yes people please don't spoil anything. When they spoiled it to me I was traumatized... sad.gif

Only 5 hours and 10 minutes to go!!!
MasterKris
ARGGHH! I've seen so many spoiler pictures and amv's and I can't imagine how they're going to fit everything into just 2 more episodes. I swear I'm going to go into withdrawals when this ends. Only 8 more hours!!!!!!!

Don't worry, it fits PERFECTLY.

Hey you guys, in Case Closed Volume 10... nah. Not worth it. Oh well, just as long as I don't see any ending spoilers, nobody gets their arms chopped off.

Hey, in Case Closed vol. 49, the BO,

SPOILERS! ED GETS A GENDER CHANGE!! WHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
checkmate_alchemist
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 11 2006, 06:15 PM) [snapback]361771[/snapback]

SPOILERS! ED GETS A GENDER CHANGE!! WHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

NOO!!! YOU RUINED THE SERIES!!!!
Jedi28
Even better, ED WAS ALWAYS A GIRL!!!!! Now, you see why we said people would be freaking out?? biggrin.gif tongue.gif

The REAL Truth Behind Truth!
http://img94.echo.cx/img94/8523/girl1uz.jpg

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chopper Enthusiast
So. Roy will be fighting Pride soon.

Roy obviously has the disadvantage.

Pride could just take his thumbs off using baby alligators.

Then how will he snap his fingers or spark a lighter?

Muhahahahahaaaa!
MasterKris
HERE'S THE PREVIEW OF THE NEXT EPI PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IPB Image

Man, all you people ALREADY have been spoiled. Even the ones who never been ON this site! You just didn't notice~ THE SPOILERS ALREADY WAS POURED ON YA AND YOU NEVER EVEN REALIZED!!!!!!! WHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, in this epi, you will hear a historical name~ If you know about World War 2 that is....
Chopper Enthusiast
*Vomits slightly.*
MasterKris
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Mar 11 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]361805[/snapback]

*Vomits slightly.*

*pats on back*
Ya okay? Srry about that....

Oh yeah, some of you might have the problem of,
Waking up every morning screaming to the sky why *bleep! spoilers!* and rocking urself on the chair everyday saying, "next epi, next epi, next epi, ME WANT!" (your non-anime friends wil avoid you for the following week)
Good thing I watched epi 51 RIGHT AFTER I watched 50... fhew~ Cause I might have the cliffhanger sickness too.

WARNING! THIS IS THE BIGGEST, HUGHEST, THE MOST ENORMOUS CLIFFHANGER EVA IN FULL METAL ALCHEMIST ANIME!

JoshP1389
GONNA BE AWESOME.
Sikiu-San
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 11 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]361811[/snapback]

WARNING! THIS IS THE BIGGEST, HUGHEST, THE MOST ENORMOUS CLIFFHANGER EVA IN FULL METAL ALCHEMIST ANIME!

Got that right xD When i first saw it I was like ,"NOOOOO, can not end there! must see more >_>" I already knew what happened but they justhad to end it at that spot DxD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.