Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma 51 - 10/2/2004 - End
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Netabare
QUOTE(Torx @ Oct 5 2004, 10:40 AM)
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
It depends on what happens with Dante. It just shows an empty elavator. That would mean three things:
- Gluttony eats Dante
- Dante kills Gluttony
- Dante turns Gluttony back to normal.

I'm probably thinking the third.

neither..
Kaitou-dark
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif We really shouldn't have to use these spoiler tags, you guys. The title's a spoiler tag in itself. And yes, I know it's really fun to play with the tags and it doesn't "waste" space that way... so why am I holding you back from having your daily dosis of fun?

Good question.

biggrin.gif Do continue.
Torx
QUOTE(Netabare @ Oct 5 2004, 01:25 PM)

If Gluttony ate Dante, Where did he go?
and  if Dante kills Gluttony, where did she go?

I think Dante went away into the gate with Gluttony,
(I don't know why, maybe she has no choice at that moment)

and she used a P-stone in Gluttony's body.

BakaBizzle
Here's my theory on Thule society

Thule was founded in 1919. (A quasi religion based on lots of other things)*
Hohenheim joins it and teaches the theories of Alchemy to Haushoffer
Hitler joins Thule*
1921 Hitler becomes the president of Thule*
Hitler learns about alchemy from Haushoffer
Hitler turns Thule into the Nazi party*
Things progress as in History*
Hitler causes the holocaust as an attempt to create the Philosopher's stone.

The starred items above are fact.

So basically Hitler kills all those Jews to make the stone...but why?
Immortality probably?

or maybe....Envy is Hitler

and Dante is on that side of the gate trying to transfer her soul again

So what do you guys think?
Torx
Aha!

I KNEW IT WAS REAL!!!
Quistis88
"Envy is Hitler." Haha! I wouldn't be surprised . . .
W i n d
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 1 2004, 08:06 PM)
Yes! Yes! Roy's not gonna die! His voice is in the movie trailer! Selim and the key! The Terminarcher! Hawkeye! Everything is pointing to Roy's defeat of pride.

..... and then bones comes along and kills him off XD

..Who's Selim? ^^*

Oh, by the way, I just saw the last episode ... ==' Not much to say but... WHY DUZ AL GET THE GOOD LIFE?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? :'(
W i n d
QUOTE(Netabare @ Oct 2 2004, 01:14 AM)
I just finished seeing the final ep.

this is simple conclusion.

Al revived Ed.

Roy killed Pride.(because Son of Pride bring him his original skull)

Roy injured (in his left eye) by Archer.

Riza shooted and killed Archer.

Dante might be eaten by glottny.(Actually, She just vanished with Glottny.)

Envy has gone into the gate to meet hohenheim. (i don't know he could
succeed or not)

Ed tried to rivive Al. As a result, Al returned his body. but his memory
and his body is kept 10 years old.

Ed has gone to the other side of the gate. it was Munich,1921. he is living with
Hohenheim.

Al and Ed are living separated in each side of the gate. They want to develop
their skill somehow ( for Al =Alchemy, for Ed=Science) to meet again.

o.o.. I never saw Archer shoot Roy's eye!!!!!!!!!!!!! I demand a REFUND!!!! ><"
-high on FMA-
god!!! that was actually pretty good, i wouldn't thought they would still be able to keep us wanting for more(since i'm not hardcore, i mena not VERY hardcore....i mean not AMZINGLY hardcore..... tongue.gif)

cant wait fro the movie, i was just wondering, how come ed got back his automail(or mechanic arm in our world), i saw his REAL arm when he tried to transmute al back....

I WANT MORE FMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chronocider
The ending was great, althought i think they should've ended it more instead of having a bunch of cliffhangers for the movie. the evils of the corporate world. biggrin.gif

with the dante issue:

1. i assume she is an expert alchemist only second to hohenhiem, so i really doubt that gluttony can "win" over her.

2. and, she "clapped" at the end, meaning she must have done something.

3. but, she disappears - along with gluttony.

4. what if...she used the philosopher's stone INSIDE gluttony to transmute her soul to...Roze?

the only thing that wouldn't make sense about my theory is that dante wouldn't know who Al is. I mean if Ed walked out then it will make sense cuz she'd expect him to be alive.

But anyways, even if my theory is false, Roze is waiting for Ed with Wrath outside the hidden city. Al comes out, but he doesnt remember anything. Roze has never seen Al - Wrath has never seen Al. So...Al brings home a random girl and a kid with no arm and leg, and Roze follows a random boy home?

I guess Al is easy to convince. If you told him that you had a free bike, he'd listen. and when you tell him it's in your van, he'll jump in and kidnap himself for you. So in that case Roze can convince him, after she learns his name.

anyways i dont really enjoy bashing FMA but it's just buggin me that's all.
Sycia
>_o;;; Yikes.
Queen of the dammed
If Envy is Hitler, then no wonder he's sterile... tongue.gif hehe...
Queen of the dammed
As always:
Chibi Viki
i finally saw ep 51 and all i could say is... that was it?! sleep.gif;;

setting all the royxriza moments aside (which weren't as long as i imagined), it was kinda disappointing. i mean... THAT WAS BONES' SOLUTION ON GETTING RID OF DANTE AND THE REST OF THE HOMUNCULI?! even pride and roy's battle was rushed. and i really expected hawkeye to kick fulmetal robo terminarcher's butt, who is, btw, missing a few teeth... but it only takes her less than 3 seconds. i mean, come'on, izumi, ross and half of central couldn't do anything against him and it only takes riza 3 seconds to shoot him down?! i know she's good but that was... just disappointing since i was waiting for her to pull some cool moves...

same goes for Ed... he just got kicked around by envy...

... and dante... that was it?! after all that she has done, that was it?!

*sigh*... it's like preparing the last few eps for the movie.... and here i was saying how i've forgiven bones... geez... ~_~

i finally understand why i didn't quite like the anime as much as the manga... the anime is more talk and less on action, unlike the manga w/c is the other way around. >_<
RoyxRiza BigFan
bones people used to be working for gainax i heard...maybe thats why the ending and the final episodes were a bit well....evangelion feeling if i were to think of it, they did make wolf's rain too is it?
nonotme
i think bakabizzle is seriously on to something.. it sounds very very probable and ties in perfectly with the idea of people starting wars for the stone.

i have a few problems though-

1)hoenheim [sp..]
first its 1916, he's in london, hanging with churchill, next its 1921, and he's in germany in a society about to become the nazi party..

2)is alchemy possible over on ed's side?
is it generally impossible for everyone there? if so, dante would be pretty stumped about what to do over on this side (if she went over), and hitler (or whoever controlling him -dante again?- ) would be pretty dumb to start a war without a chance of createing the stone

so.. is alchemy possible? i dont remember very well.. there was something Hheim said about alchemy not being developed, but did he mean that alchemy was still possible?
nonotme
then again, he also said he couldnt do alchemy cuz his body had crossed the gate..
then he told ed's body was still in the gate, and to look inside himself and find the gate and do alchemy to go back n stuff..
but.
seems like ed didnt manage to do that, and he went back just buz his temporary body got smushed.

so there's still no indication at all that alchemy can be done.. even for a genius like ed. though it would probably have been hard to concentrate at the time, with just having had a zepplin fall on you.

and another thing: i read somewhere, i forget where, that the movie is set two years after the series ends. while i can't say anything for alchemy-world, our world is still pretty un-warry in 1923. only main points of interest: hitler is chairman of nazi party, failed october putsch in munich made the nazis famous. its gonna be pretty hard for ed to edge into the story somehow..

also, the first successful liquid fuel rocket by goddard was tested only in 1926.
in 1923, oberth, whom ed mentioned, had just written Die Rakete zu den Planetenraumen, and proven that man can be brought to space by rockets, but if ed wants to fly anywhere he's gonna have to wait a lot longer than two years
Shinigami
I was definatly dissapointed with the action there was only one fight which lasted 2 mins if that. I really like the tie off though but i feel that ed should of killed dante atleast. Definatly setting up for the movie. I don't think i can wait half a year sad.gif.
Chibi Viki
i know i can (wait half a year that is....)

from what i've seen, i'm pretty sure that wrath will be in the movie, and maybe envy... and now, dante and gluttony are also possible... arrrgh!!!

since they did eva, wolf's rain and raxlphon... will they kill everyone in sight except for the brothers? *siiiiiiigh*
Chibi Viki
how disappointing for the whole series to end this way... Ed and Al being on opposite sides of the gate wasn't such a bad idea but... the way they got rid of dante and the rest of the homunculi is just... LAME... sleep.gif;;

i fear their return in the movie...
Torx
Could you think of another antagonist for the movie?
Torx
laugh.gif Yes. Kill everything Except for Al and Winry.
RolfKaese
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Oct 6 2004, 08:00 PM)

setting all the royxriza moments aside (which weren't as long as i imagined), it was kinda disappointing. i mean... THAT WAS BONES' SOLUTION ON GETTING RID OF DANTE AND THE REST OF THE HOMUNCULI?! even pride and roy's battle was rushed. and i really expected hawkeye to kick fulmetal robo terminarcher's butt, who is, btw, missing a few teeth... but it only takes her less than 3 seconds. i mean, come'on, izumi, ross and half of central couldn't do anything against him and it only takes riza 3 seconds to shoot him down?! i know she's good but that was... just disappointing since i was waiting for her to pull some cool moves...

*sigh*... it's like preparing the last few eps for the movie.... and here i was saying how i've forgiven bones... geez... ~_~

i finally understand why i didn't quite like the anime as much as the manga... the anime is more talk and less on action, unlike the manga w/c is the other way around.  >_<

As I said, the ending is kinda disappointing and cant make up all the effort the elrics put in their actions...
Cloud28
hmm, maybe they want to put everything in the movie i guess, i can't wait taht long !!!!

sad.gif
RascalKing
I'm sure they have their reasons why they ended the anime, the way they did. Probably to keep everyone interested, keep the fanfare going.....so we can really REALLY look forward to the movie. It's still open....
dumbo63
Hi this is my first post. Why doesn't Ed just do what he did before and attempt to die and return to his world?
Torx
^^ Because the first time he did that, his real body was in the gate. Now he existing purely as himself and not through a host.
M3i
So... Al doesn't remember anything that happened in those 5 years? Wouldn't he think that it's suspicious everyone else is all old looking? Oer... I dunno, because I haven't seen the sub yet. How sad sad.gif

edit: ^ scratch that. My bad.

They definitely could've extended the action if there was one more episode.. unfortunately there wasn't. What could you expect from Hawkeye and Archer? Archer is practically almost dead with the head wound and teeth missing. I'm sure his life was depleted a lot when he was fighting Ross and co. and was barely hanging on by the time he shot Roy.

And I thought the elevator scene where they both disappeared was kinda cool. I guess I'm one of the few people who actually liked the last episode tongue.gif
Torx
So... Al doesn't remember anything that happened in those 5 years? Wouldn't he think that it's suspicious everyone else is all old looking? Oer... I dunno, because I haven't seen the sub yet. How sad

Um... why do you think he believed what they told him so readily?

Anyway, you should watch it before posting. That way you don't spoil the ending for yourself.
RascalKing
Ok.....here are my random thoughts.......*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Shredder
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Oct 6 2004, 11:00 AM)

i finally understand why i didn't quite like the anime as much as the manga... the anime is more talk and less on action, unlike the manga w/c is the other way around.  >_<

Why would there be a long drawn out fight between Riza and Archer, though? She knew Mustang was possibly dying. She did the logical thing- shoot him from behind in the "human side." As someone already said, he was already just about dead from his fight with Izumi. Also, keep in mind Izumi didn't have a gun when she fought him, plus she still is throwing up blood. It's not a big surprise she didn't defeat him.

About Dante and Gluttony and Envy- maybe there's plans for them in the movie? I think it would be more disappointing if everything was spelled out for us. Now there's some uncertainty, which makes for some interesting possibilities for the movie.

I thought it was a great ending and I am looking forward to the movie.
Izumi didnt have guns but Ross and her traitors did. Lots of them firing lots of bullets. Archer took a grenade hit as well and still live. Survived a head-on collision without air bags while still moving about strong and sturdy. If he was anywhere dying before he shot Roy, he will be panting and wheezing, or have malfunctioning parts here and there already.
flyingwind
*shrugs* who knows... I felt it was a bit rushed but I don't mind... there's still a movie to happen and let's not rely too much on the movie to give us complete closure... for me I like to expect the worst then I get happy when it turns out good later and if it's bad then I didn't expect much in the first place! ^-^ it's kinda like how I'm doing with the Eva movie... I'm not expecting much but if it's good then it's good and if it's bad then I don't care cuz I didn't expect it to be good ... see! *fly-san's wierd logic at work here* @.@
Xelmon
Just finished watching 51... And I have mixed emotions.

SOME SPOILE- w/e, doesnt matter in this forum anymore...

In my opinion
Pro: Unexpected ending biggrin.gif ; the effects were awesomely done cool.gif ;
the camera pan was smooth when Ed was about to transmute rolleyes.gif ...
And thats about it...
Neutral: Death of King Bradley dry.gif ; Narration by Sheska huh.gif ; training of Al, Round 2... sad.gif
Con: C|-|33$33 scenes all over blink.gif ; somewhat Kliche dramatic music (Bratja is always awesome thou biggrin.gif ); plain wierd Lyla VS Gluttony scene wacko.gif ; Very weak death of Fullmetal Archer dry.gif ; Undefined health condition of Hohenheim of Light dry.gif ; the very last scene at the end huh.gif ; the fact that there will be no new material until 2K5 mad.gif (aka movie)

For me, I dunno... I like some of the scenes, the whole idea that Ed and Al switched world and are still alive... But I think the other stuff outweighs the goodnesses... Too much crap, cheesy outros for characters, lot's of stuff reused...

I give 5.8 out of 10, mellow.gif , It is a semi-good way to end it (A LOT BETTER THEN NGE) but lots of stuff was way over-dramatized.

PS: Sorry for the emoticons...
Jeru
I hated the ending so much, I could have cared less if everyone else died in the show

To screw Ed and Al like that infuriated me. While I have to give them props for an original ending with the alternate reality thing. I CAN STILL HATE IT TOO.

... man im gonna have to sleep this off

I hope the movie settles this.
Airglider
.o.. I never saw Archer shoot Roy's eye!!!!!!!!!!!!! I demand a REFUND!!!! ><"

Basically...it was cut...mine was cut too. About selims death, yea he's a good guy, but if u noticed, when pride strangled him, he crushed the neck at the last minute. Poor selim.
Omakase Shimasu
@RascalKing: I believe 75% of this forum share your opinion about Wrath. <__< Poor thing.

@Xelmon: you post here so often, why not just join? biggrin.gif;; Unless you already have but never sign in. (happens a lot, I noticed)
Uirumusu
I loved the ending, Square never disappoints me, and whoever expected some uber battles then all I can say is 'BAKA!' Square never does what you expect them to and that was a great ending and left a great opening for the movie
Torx
QUOTE(RascalKing @ Oct 7 2004, 02:38 AM)
Wrath......am I the ONLY person that hated this little bas**rd? He seriously had to be the most annoying evil character in any series I have ever seen. I REALLY wanted to see him die more then anyone....yet, sadly, he lives....

I couldn't hate Wrath. I felt sorry for him. Actually, except for Envy and Pride, I felt sorry for all the homunculi.
Kimblee
How could you pity Sloth? She was a total bitch to all the characters, the only times you could do so is when she was being all deceptive a\but then once you figure out you should just hate her even more.
Torx
Well, they were all being manipulated by Dante. Pride had control of a whole nation, he didn't care about becoming human. Envy just liked to hurt things. All the homunculi had their reasons for doing what they did. I guess Envy did too. Ed probably realized that. After hearing Envy's story, he must have come to the fact that Envy hated HoL even more than he did and knows pretty much how he feels.

Lust - wanted to love and be loved, she was created so Scar's brother could love her
Wrath - was a lost misguided boy without a mother and he wanted one, he was created to be Izumi's son but she rejected him so he became Sloth's son
Sloth - wanted to take care of someone, she was created to be Ed and Al's mother and they rejected her so she became Wrath's mother
Gluttony - was just hungry, Dante made him to eat things to create the stone
Greed - wanted it all, that's just how Dante made him
Envy - was jealous of the Brothers, he was made to become HoL's son but was rejected by him for the brothers

They thought that the promise to be human would solve all these holes in their lives.
Zed
Well, finally got to watch the sub. An...interesting ending. I won't go as far and say it was absolutely horrible, but it could have been better. I am not a fan of happy endings, so the twist was rather nice. I think with a few more episodes to draw out what was rushed through, the series could have been as good as it as when it began. Don't get me wrong, FMA is probably my favorite anime series, but something definetly happened with those last 10-15 episodes. it was like something was missing. Ah well...the movie should be great, I can't wait. Hopefully Envy will be around, seeing as we do not know what happened to him. Not really sure about the whole dragon transformation he went through, that was...unexpected...

Pride needed far more attention, especially in his abilities. The manga makes Bradley out to be far more skilled and powerful than he is in the anime. But I am glad Roy got to face him in the final showdown over Ed and AL.

A great series despite some of the complaints, I will definetly be buying the DVDs
Torx
Yes, one more episode would have done it for me. Just to give the impression that the end was as epic as it really was. It was just plain rushed.

Anyway, they probably did this to annoy everyone so we would all go out and watch the movie for their action fix and a resoloution to the story. The series was great, I would go out and watch the movie anyway. They didn't have to jip the ending like that. dry.gif
Maverickmage
The ending was great imo. There are a lot of animes that just can't pull off a good ending, but this wasn't one.

While watching eps 51, you could see what Ed was going to do coming a mile away. But you end up kinda hoping that it wouldn't happen. ( The poor sap, he needed a lucky break.) The ability to create a mixture of emotions and leave hints as to what would happen in the movie was well done.

And plus this ending was hinted at from the beginning I think. Isn't it always Al's voice that does the introduction in the beginning of every eps? It's almost like Al's the one telling the story.

Well, that's my little blurb.

P.S. I just hope the movie doesn't turn out like the movie did for Nadesico. (If anyone even remembers the anime.)
Lord Odenetheus
I wonder where Dante went. She's the coolest character by far. Go Dante! Go Dante!
she got pwned by gluttony!!!!!!! tongue.gif
anyone noticed that at the end of ep50, ed's big wound is in center of his chest but in ep51, the wound is on the left side... dry.gif
Tama
since u metioned that i rewatched the part and Ed's wound is on the left side. i wonder if they knew the mistake they made.

I was also wondering why Al didn't remember anything when he came back to life. since the soul was just put back into the orginal body wouldn't he remeber everything
NINDOX
Did you even watched the subbed version. Apparently thats the original Al that was taken beyond the gate. They also, said something like no one human being can fully transmute a human, Al was just a steel case and at least 3/4 of a philosopher stone. I'm not an alchemist mathematician, but apparently he traded things that were worth more then a physical value, he also, exchange his memories for Ed to come back.

I really wished Ed would have stayed in the his world. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.