Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma 51 - 10/2/2004 - End
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Netabare
QUOTE(Bjlover @ Oct 3 2004, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE(Guest again @ Oct 3 2004, 01:34 AM)
QUOTE(Bjlover @ Oct 2 2004, 05:02 PM)
Envy & Serpent (where did this thing come from?)

For the last time guys, it is Japanese and more generaly asiatic myths, it is not a serpent nor a snake: IT'S A DRAGON with all the qualities and defaults this kind of creature may have. That means we gonna see some Envy in the movie.

Oh so it is a dragon? rolleyes.gif

Hehe, the reason i say it is a serpent because it may have some relations with the homunculus seal ( or Dante's homunculus symbol) which has a symbol of an animal biting its own tail.

Is it "a serpent biting its own tail" or "a dragon biting its own tail" or even "a snake biting its own tail"? <--- from the homunculus symbol

Another reason i call that thing a serpent instead of a dragon is because a dragon has legs and "hands" (even in asian myth.. i think) while serpent don't. I know, i know, its head looks like a dragon head.. but the body is more like a serpent.. tongue.gif A hybrid... i opine.

I hope that Envy will be featured in the coming movie so that we will know more things about him. He is kinda interesting because his parents are Hoheinhiem and Dante. Btw, i hope there will a comeback for Dante and Gluttony. If those two were dead in the elevator... it is very lame...

Oh ya, about the episode, don't you guys think it is almost like watching a censored/filtlered episode? Everything is so fast, short and very jumpy.. haha laugh.gif Very different from the previous episodes....

This episode is not that bad.. just don't to put to much expectations on it... The best episode for me is episode 47: Homunculus Seal. So much info and content(explanations and flashback), even Sloth and Lust were defeated there, a perfect human transmutatoin by Tucker (according to the sub). Nice background music arrangement too.

It looks like Dragon or Serpent.

I think it must be an leviathan.

7 sins have each demon. leviathan is a demon of envy.
Netabare
there are so many threads with ep.51. a lot of people talking
similer things in deferent thread separately. sad.gif

Hohenheim was with a group of people clad in black cloaks, and they were performing some ritual around that symbol on the ground. Although Hohenheim used the word 'magic' to refer to this ritual while talking to the people (in our world), well... looking at the picture it pretty much says how similiar it is to Aru's world's Alchmey sybmols.... Aside from the runes

They are Thule society. Please google it.

and I pointed out the Dragon/Serpent must be an eviathan, a demon of envy.

also please check it in you favorite search engine..
-RD-
personally, I think the ending was terrible...

they could have made it so much better if they had A 52ND EPISODE!

but I didnt like the fact that
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

and what happend to Envy?
I just didnt like the ending

hopefully the movie will fix it all, and

but whatever, if they wanted to make it this way, they can...i am now looking forward to the manga ending and the movie
Carnal Malefactor
SPOILER TAGS, buddy. SPOILER TAGS!

Anyway, about Envy...
tenten
Hurr, I shall have to watch the Selim part again.

They weren't metal limbs, just normal prosthetics. Or at least wooden limbs...like a PIRATE. I don't think in that time they would have had as much as prosthetic fingers though o.o;;
kokenjr
Is it really over *sigh* sad.gif
My life has no meaning anymore.
Maybe the manga will be enough to entertain for the time being. TILL THE FMA MOVIE.
Forgot about that. Now my life has meaning. YATTA! happy.gif
kokenjr
Come to think of it.
I wonder where they'll go with the manga.
I'm sure the anime will make the manga UBER popular.
I hope Greed miraculously returns in the manga. Either that or Roy dies a horrible painful death (kidding...kidding dry.gif )
Wererat42
Wow.... I was really surprised once the credits started rolling. I was expecting to see a whole lot more people dying before the end. But I'm glad they didn't end it that way. I was also getting ready for a grand finale showing Ed tearing up Dante's mansion - that was a bit dissapointing.

Now I must find something new to watch... sigh.
Some Guy
" it doesnt make sense, even if his body went through the gate, it would have been the new recontructed body from the alchemy world

why does Winry tell Al that she is going to get good at making auto-mail? Its not like hes the one with 1 arm and 1 leg" -RD-

The exact some things I asked when i saw that episode.
Anonymousguy
She is telling him he's going to get really good at auto-mail because she is implying that when Al comes back he will have Ed, who has 1 arm and 1 leg (to her knowledge)
flyingwind
woah! O.O *glomps Riza Babe* that's nice! O.O ^-^ here! have a pie! and a block of cheese! ^-^ yay!!! That was HOT! ok back to this... uh I'm not going to bother with the spoiler tags because this topic title seems to be a spoiler tag within itself.

I think the whole Al/Winry thing is gonna thin out quite a bit now... as a fan-theory anyways because anything can happen in fanfiction. ^-^

I think it's sad that Al doesn't remember anything... but here's a question that's raised...he remembers his brother Edward but he doesn't remember anything about transmuting his mother or the journey for the philosopher's stone then wouldn't he wonder why Winry is suddenly so much older than him? I think it's good for Al that he has his innocence back, I mean, now he's getting a chance to live the life that got stolen away from him and yes, Ed did get the short end of the stick this time. Ed will never regain those lost years, he'll never have the chance to have a normal childhood, err, well preteen to early teen years.

The Ed/Winry theory seems to be way more plausable now than it was before because of Al's younger age... 6 year age difference is considered to be bad luck for couples according to the chinese zodiac (12 animals in the zodiac, your worst match is the animal directly opposite to yours, in other words, 6 years apart)

Roy and Riza seem to be together in the end so I'm glad! ^-^ I love Roy/Riza and Ed/Winry too! hehe! so that's my 2 cents in.
Evafan1
dont care what anyone says I freakin loved that ending it set everything up nice and neat for the movie.
M3i
QUOTE(-RD- @ Oct 3 2004, 05:33 PM)
personally, I think the ending was terrible...

they could have made it so much better if they had A 52ND EPISODE!

but I didnt like the fact that
Ed had the metal arm and leg in the real world still, how did that happen? it doesnt make sense, even if his body went through the gate, it would have been the new recontructed body from the alchemy world...I would think people will start to wonder when they see a boy with a metal arm walking around

and what happend to Envy?
the crazy dick just ran into the gate, turned into a Dragon/Serpent/Leviathan and rushed into the hole, and why does Winry tell Al that she is going to get good at making auto-mail? Its not like hes the one with 1 arm and 1 leg,
I just didnt like the ending

hopefully the movie will fix it all, and
I think Ed wasted his life in the Alchemy world, he could have lived on there perfectly fine with his memories, but instead this 10 yearold Al with only some memories is made, Al would have been better in the regular world

but whatever, if they wanted to make it this way, they can...i am now looking forward to the manga ending and the movie

Err...

Sycia
QUOTE(Guest_lialiakicks @ Oct 3 2004, 02:43 PM)
And one more thing, why in the hell did BONES cram all of that in a 30 min episode?! They should have made it an hour long special!!! @_@ Oh well...

I totally agree with you. They shouldn't have rushed it all~ At least an hour-long special or another episode~ But I don't have many complaints. : )

I'm a sucker for sad endings. o___________O
Brian
QUOTE(Netabare @ Oct 3 2004, 05:18 PM)
there are so many threads with ep.51. a lot of people talking
similer things in deferent thread separately.  sad.gif

Hohenheim was with a group of people clad in black cloaks, and they were performing some ritual around that symbol on the ground. Although Hohenheim used the word 'magic' to refer to this ritual while talking to the people (in our world), well... looking at the picture it pretty much says how similiar it is to Aru's world's Alchmey sybmols.... Aside from the runes

They are Thule society. Please google it.

and I pointed out the Dragon/Serpent must be an eviathan, a demon of envy.

also please check it in you favorite search engine..

I am somewhat disturbed by the implication of Thule Society in the story.
I mean aren't they Nazi?
Sycia
^^; It's just an anime. I suppose they were trying to use real events and stuff. May be kinda sensitive to some since it's based on the happenings of THAT era...
Kodachrome
Envy turned into the DBZ dragon.

.... BONES dies now.
About time I consider to registe
I just realised why I'm so sad about the ending! Ed and Al tried their best for so many years to restore each others body but they didn't achieved anything. I hate Al!!! He don't deserve to live happily ever with his fleshy body after and Ed is left all so miserable.
laugh.gif They can't die now. Ed and al need to find the 7 dragon ballz to allow them to wish themselves to the same world! laugh.gif
MoogleHunter
anyone else notice izumis husband and mason getting, uh, friendly?

mason looks nervous (or hes just that sweaty, ew)
actually, i never caught what relation mason is to izumi. is it mentioned at some time?
laugh.gif i saw it also

i think that big guy fall to sleep and thought mason is his wife.

btw i like the ending and hope for the FMA the movie
-+maboroshi+-
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 4 2004, 09:50 AM)
i think that big guy fall to sleep and thought mason is his wife.

Err...I do think that that's the most likely reason as well. *laughs*
do u think Ed will meet Al ( armour) in London?

because when they found Al in the end of the flim, he lost all his memmory from the day he tried to resurrect his mother, so maybe He isn't the same with Al armour.
or in other word Al armour was made by Ed's memory of his Brother, and the real Al's soul wandered inside the gate during the flim.

and when Al armour tried to resurrect Ed he was thrown beyond the gate to London. And we might meet him again in the movie
Vejitto
To me, this ending was far better than the one that was plagueing me. The series won't get deeper if *poof*, everyone dies blink.gif Do we need another Evangelion to see that it doesn't work? XD

Small, not-really-spoiler about ending

Longass spoiler about Al and living happily after and Ed and movie...
clara
hmm
xD!!! ahhh i JUST watched eps51 ><~~
i almost crieed T-T!!
i wonder if u can say the ending is happy.. haha. i duno.
midterm is 2 days away and being addicted to fma for like a few days was fun(?) it was so distracting tho. im Kinda glad its over. haha. but i wish they had more!! T-T but but im glad to hear that theyre gonna have errrr movie version? heh. duno how to translate that. [i watched korean subtitled] eee so excited= )
anyway, =) im glad i found this site~~~ xD,,
i wonder wen the manga will end?
hide
Yup there are too many questions unanswered.What happened to the remaining homunculus and to Dante I hope the upcomming movie will clear all up.(Or maybe there will be another season *claps his hands and prays*)The anime is differen from the manga so I hope they put a good ending to the anime because the end of the 51 episode was really sad-and that`s supposed to be a happy ending dry.gif
Queen of the dammed
Maybe in the movie we'll get to see ALBERT EINSTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! But mostly... ROY AND RIZA'S CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!! KAWAII!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I just hope that Ed finds his way back...
Queen of the dammed
Good god, the would there be a chance that Ed knows hitler in the movie?? blink.gif I'm now officialy scared....
Omakase Shimasu
Knows as in having met him once? blink.gif I don't think so...

And Al/Winry Forever!! biggrin.gif I don't believe in bad luck, so - booya!
cirle
Lol the Dragonball dragon will pwn Ed.
Omakase Shimasu
You wish! biggrin.gif I bet Envy was that little dragon/serpent creature Ed slashed in two/Al ripped in two in one of those openings. tongue.gif
sai1986
how come edward can revive AL fully since he do not has the philopsher stone?
Guest_lialiakicks
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Oct 4 2004, 05:31 AM)
Good god, the would there be a chance that Ed knows hitler in the movie?? blink.gif I'm now officialy scared....

O_O Maybe, Envy killed the real Hitler during WWI, took on his appearance and name, and started WWII/the Holocaust because he wanted to exterminate all of the people that definitely couldn't have Ed's soul- making it easier for Envy to find Ed (in other words, that could be why Hitler only wanted the blonde hair, blue eyes thing. 'Cept for Ed's gold eyes, that's an exception.)

O__________________________O It all makes sense now!!!

....PS- Don't try this at home kids... O_o
TheVileOne
I just wanted to do something real quick. To all the people that said that there woing to be FIFTY TWO episodes of the SERIES....NYAH tongue.gif !!!!!
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif Maybe the admins need to post the message in bold and pin it in every section. smile.gif Frankly, I haven't seen any site saying there were 52 episodes. Except for Animeinfo.
M3i
QUOTE(Guest_lialiakicks @ Oct 4 2004, 09:57 AM)
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Oct 4 2004, 05:31 AM)

O_O Maybe, Envy killed the real Hitler during WWI, took on his appearance and name, and started WWII/the Holocaust because he wanted to exterminate all of the people that definitely couldn't have Ed's soul- making it easier for Envy to find Ed (in other words, that could be why Hitler only wanted the blonde hair, blue eyes thing. 'Cept for Ed's gold eyes, that's an exception.)

O__________________________O It all makes sense now!!!

....PS- Don't try this at home kids... O_o

..But Hitler technically didn't come around until 1937-ish.. many years after the FMA movie is supposed to take place. By then, Ed will be something like... late 30's O_o

Although I suppose that would be interesting XD very evil...
Hagane no Archer
this ending's sad?? i thought that Al was goin to die but no... he's still alive... or maybe Ed was goin to die.. but w8 , he's alive 2! they r separated...sowhat?? dry.gif

what's sad is the lack of asskickin alchemy,epic battles,better explanations bout the fma world; the rushed way to kill/disable villains and how FMA could have been almost perfect... (but thx to BONES and episode limit, we had to see some stupid filler eps instead of all this things mad.gif )

(sry for my bad english)
Hagane no Archer
well... another sad thing in this stupid ending:

as bjlover says:
Oh ya, one thing i really don't like about this episode is about Selim's death... That kid 'is' so sad...
1. died on his birthday
2. purely innocent
3. he tried to help his father but instead killed by his own father

omfg!! poor kid!! FU BONES
Quistis88
SELIM DIES!?

Anyways . . . yes, poor child. I quite liked him, too. Being the Fuhrer's son, he wasn't a spoiled brat or anything. He looked so adorable in his little suit. smile.gif
Queen of the dammed
Perhaps Selim is our world is Hitler(Not) tongue.gif Poor kid... ;__;
Omakase Shimasu
Hehe, luckily I wasn't expecting everything to get wrapped up in the last ep... (I mean, how could they with only 24 minutes screen-time? Shouldn't everyone have expected this??) otherwise I would've been sourly disappointed by the looks of some of your reactions. smile.gif

Hmmm, now to actually watch the last ep. biggrin.gif;; Still haven't started downloading yet. And Selim's completely slipped my mind... can't remember him all that vividly anymore. Poor thing, though.
Queen of the dammed
Then when he 'suposedly' commited suicide he transformed himself to another person and during the 1990s he kills a guy called Geroge W Bush and impersonates him as well... thats why he's getting rid of the terrorists because they don't loook like Ed tongue.gif

OMFG... got carried away..heh..
Sycia
Hmmm... either way, Envy is a character the story editor didn't want to put a full-stop to because he is a source of a lotta potential changes and twists in the story. Not to mention have people speculating until Envy's fate is revealed~

Waaai waii Envy~
Omakase Shimasu
Not to mention he got way too little screen-time during the series. biggrin.gif Everybody demands more Envy, I'm sure. *__* He's such a devious little bastard, why get rid of him so soon?
Sycia
I think it's because he's so attuned to manipulating/ decieving people. I mean it would only be when he gets killed for good that you'd actually see a closing to the story.

... I hope they give him a good death.

Then again...

Omakase Shimasu
O.O I hope not...
Torx
Omakase Shimasu
BAm
I Think that Ed is like Hoheneim on the other side of the Gate
they HAve her bodys and her Soul
bAm
I Think that Ed is like Hoheneim on the other side of the Gate
they HAve her bodys and her Soul Like in the other world (the real world in fma)
Ed is entered in the gate with his body and cannot Be back
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.