Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma 51 - 10/2/2004 - End
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
I realised something "funny". Al sacrificed his body for Ed cause he's afraid to live without Ed and Ed did the same thing after. Either way, they r still living without each other in the end. I'm sad of the ending. I rather both of them live together happily ever after just like the fairy tales... Ed prob be sad in his world if he didn't bring back Al caus everyone in his world knows Ed and Al, he feel reaponsible. Cant wait for the subbed!
Sycia
Well, they may have ended up that way in the ending,

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

As for the Aru (Al) Winry thingie... From the way Aru was teasing Ed when Nina saw Ed writting a letter in the earlier episode, he doesn't look like he's going after Winry.
Sycia
QUOTE(Eduardo Eruriku @ Oct 3 2004, 12:59 AM)

About 14mins 20sec into the RAW, we see the Central base with soldiers lined up, Armstrong standing and the old bald fella with grey hair and glasses standing on the pedestal.  I wonder if this means he is the new fuhrer - and if so what is Roy's place in the army?

In a hierarchy like that, I don't think Roy would become Fuhrer so quickly, because there that council of old-fart soldiers that make alot of commotion back in the Episode where Roy reveals to them and the Fuhrer that Juliet Douglas is a homunculus (episode where spotlight on Roy).

I don't understand Jap, so i don't know what the voiceover said at that point, anyone like to clarify?

Em, just went through the video again to listen to that Central part.

Chibi Viki
hopefully, all the loose ends will be answered in the movie. but it's funny how
Omakase Shimasu
Ironic. T__T Cool, but sad, open and unexpected.

And that thing about Hohenheim being a spy... would that have something to do with the movie, perhaps? XD Um... what's Ed's job on the other side exactly? blink.gif
Sycia
Nothing was mentioned about the troops against Armstrong and gang...

Queen of the dammed
Sigh.... finished already la.....;_____; BUT ROY AND RIZA SHALL BE TOGETHER FOREVER!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif AND NO EVA!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
REEPER
Does anyone have any links to a word for word translation of ep 51 ?, thanks in advance if you do
Omakase Shimasu
Um, why use spoiler tags? biggrin.gif;; I thought it was kind of self-explanatary (sp?) since the title is sort of a spoiler tag in itself...
Den
Sycia
The movie wouldn't be right without featuring Aru, Winry etc I feel. Certainly there will be focus on where Ed is, but ... oo People want to see what happens to the rest of the characters. I don't think the story editor is that evil to deny the masses that.
Kasumi
Omakase Shimasu
Sycia
:

I'd like to see where it lands him. Then again, Ed's smart. He'll find a way.

Omakase Shimasu
Hellrasinbrasin
I haven't seen such a draining conclusion to a series Live-Action or animated in a while.

The younger sacrificies everything to restore his brother to life
The older sacrificies everything to restore his brother to life.

If anyone could have written a view of this tale of its...
triumpths... tragedy... hope.... fellowship... then it must
be found in shakespeare.
Sycia
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 3 2004, 09:41 AM)
Like Hohenheim, of course. :D Ed and Hohenheim haven't changed at all either. ....wait. O_O

>___<;
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif;;; Yes, I'm deprived. Sue me.
Sycia

... that is so wrong lol!
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif Woops.
Sycia
: P I posted about 17 screencaps of Episode 51 on the first page of their thread. You've just got to scroll down a bit, but anyway...

Omakase Shimasu
Oh, sorry I didn't scroll really. biggrin.gif;;
Kakashi
Your wish has been granted farewell...

Now Envy is returning to the DragonBalls.
Riza Babe
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 3 2004, 10:52 AM)
Oh, sorry I didn't scroll really. biggrin.gif;;
ohmy.gif Looks like one of those Chinese Dragons... Shen Long from DBZ anyone? tongue.gif

lol it does look a bit like shen but i will say hes shens cousin laugh.gif
Sycia
O_O|||

Oh dear...
Omakase Shimasu
You said it. ph34r.gif
Riza Babe
lol laugh.gif
gugclo
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 2 2004, 04:06 AM)
Yes! Yes! Roy's not gonna die! His voice is in the movie trailer! Selim and the key! The Terminarcher! Hawkeye! Everything is pointing to Roy's defeat of pride.

..... and then bones comes along and kills him off XD

Actualy i think roy is dead because

Omakase Shimasu
Huh?
Master Fwiffo
QUOTE(Sycia @ Oct 3 2004, 05:40 PM)
: P I posted about 17 screencaps of Episode 51 on the first page of their thread. You've just got to scroll down a bit, but anyway...

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/fma_misc/008.jpg[/img]
This is what Envy turned into last before diving deeper and deeper into the gate~

Bjlover
QUOTE(Guest again @ Oct 3 2004, 01:34 AM)
QUOTE(Bjlover @ Oct 2 2004, 05:02 PM)
Envy & Serpent (where did this thing come from?)

For the last time guys, it is Japanese and more generaly asiatic myths, it is not a serpent nor a snake: IT'S A DRAGON with all the qualities and defaults this kind of creature may have. That means we gonna see some Envy in the movie.

Oh so it is a dragon? rolleyes.gif

Hehe, the reason i say it is a serpent because it may have some relations with the homunculus seal ( or Dante's homunculus symbol) which has a symbol of an animal biting its own tail.

Is it "a serpent biting its own tail" or "a dragon biting its own tail" or even "a snake biting its own tail"? <--- from the homunculus symbol

Another reason i call that thing a serpent instead of a dragon is because a dragon has legs and "hands" (even in asian myth.. i think) while serpent don't. I know, i know, its head looks like a dragon head.. but the body is more like a serpent.. tongue.gif A hybrid... i opine.

I hope that Envy will be featured in the coming movie so that we will know more things about him. He is kinda interesting because his parents are Hoheinhiem and Dante. Btw, i hope there will a comeback for Dante and Gluttony. If those two were dead in the elevator... it is very lame...

Oh ya, about the episode, don't you guys think it is almost like watching a censored/filtlered episode? Everything is so fast, short and very jumpy.. haha laugh.gif Very different from the previous episodes....

This episode is not that bad.. just don't to put to much expectations on it... The best episode for me is episode 47: Homunculus Seal. So much info and content(explanations and flashback), even Sloth and Lust were defeated there, a perfect human transmutatoin by Tucker (according to the sub). Nice background music arrangement too.
Sycia
QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Oct 3 2004, 01:09 PM)

Am I the only won who thought it looked like Envy got eaten by the dragon?  The way it looked, the dragon came from nowhere as Envy turning into a white ball.  It didn't look like his normal transformation.  Any thoughts?

Hmmmm

Well, that's what it looked to me. oo;
gugclo
I dont get it, like when ED transmutes himself, what was that all about? *Wants to see the subbed verson*
Sycia
Something else that I just can't let go off whenever I watch #51....

*Screenshot*
gugclo
Yea true, but alchemy wont work in the "other world" right? O.o
Sycia
So it is said, but then again, nothing seems impossible in the anime~
Guest_lialiakicks
Ok, this is my theory about the FMA movie...

Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif Because everything will be explained in the movie. (yeah right... maybe?)
gugclo
Yea me too ;___;
tenten
It irritates me that Al lost his memory of the past four years, but it's fitting now that I read some of your messages. It's really weird to see young Alphonse again ;__; So he'll relearn alchemy, ne... I wonder if Winry and the rest are going to keep everything that's happened away from Alphonse. (Except for Edward disappearing...)

CHARACTER DEATHS!
I don't think Selim died, just passed out. (Denial, denial~ cuz he was a cute character.) I almost thought Roy died, then I remembered the movie trailer. Weet XD Somehow I think Wrath should have died. Maybe his outlook changed when he got automail, but after the "ballroom" part, he really didn't make a difference.

If they hadn't had so many crappy episodes in 30-40 section, I think we could have had a more satisfying ep, rather than overstuffing everything into the last couple.

End rambles :x
Aqua_Alchemist
lol the only reason little aru has returned is because they weren't bothered to design an older one tongue.gif.
M3i
Although it was dumb that when Al returned to his normal body, his voice suddenly because all high-pitched once again. He voice should have never matured even in the big armor O_o

And Selim is for sure dead... you saw Bradley crush his neck, plus Roy looked all sad. Yeah, he was a cute kid *cries*
Omakase Shimasu
Matured? blink.gif I thought he always had the same voice, except for when he goes into "serious-mode". Than his voice deepens, because it's "serious business". biggrin.gif
elrithiel
I have one interesting question... why is Professor Hans/Dr. Haushofer grey?
Omakase Shimasu
He's related to Archer? tongue.gif Or did you mean his hair? ...I forgot how the Dr. looked like. <__<
Kasumi
Al's voice is slightly higher pitched when he gets back his 10 year old body. (There's not a big difference though.) I think it's just because of the armour. Due to the hollowness of the armor, the echoing makes his voice sound slightly lower. (that's what I think anyway...)
elrithiel
He looks like this. XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/ser...fmahansgrey.jpg
vanilla_icecr3me
That's what i did tongue.gif download raw and use my limited knowledge of japanese to try and comprehend what's happening
Omakase Shimasu
@Kasumi: ...good point. biggrin.gif Never thought of that.

@elrithiel: ...he's a vampire as well. @_@ See? Definitely Archer-related. tongue.gif Hmm, maybe he's grey because Bones didn't want to make everyone similar? Or maybe he's got something related to Archer? Uh, I don't mean them being related to each other. <__< That would be twisted. I meant personality-wise. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.