Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conqueror Of Shamballa Ani-manga (scenes From FMA Movie Put Together With Added Dialogues)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Jedi28
Anyone seen the Conqueror of Shamballa Mangas (comics as they're called) that just came out last month? They're supposedly illustrated by Hiromu Arakawa. Anyway, here's the link. I wonder if they're identical to the movie or if they have additional dialogue or something. I don't like having to start a new thread for this but couldn't find anything else about it. To bad the things are in Japanese and I can't read them yet! Hopefully, if they are in Manga form (and not comic form, the site calls them both) then Viz will get them and release them eventually. biggrin.gif Kind of an odd Manga/Anime crossover thing. Anyway, go ahead and close the thread if it's a pointless topic! ;D

http://akadotretail.com/shop/shop_showbook...amballacomicset
MasterKris
Isn't that an anime comic? It's a comic where they take scenes from the anime and put it together as a manga and add dialogues to it. I'm confused..... wacko.gif
Jedi28
Is that all it is? I thought that but they used the word Manga and I thought maybe it was something different. Ah well, my hopes is dashed. biggrin.gif
GaluxKitty
I doubt Arakawa would illustrate something for Shambala...
Jedi28
Actually she did a little one panel Omake. If you go to the official movie website (you can get to it through the Bones website) and click on the S (Special), it'll take you to a page with an interview (all in Japanese sadly), if you go to the last page of that interview there's a little panel of Al pulling the eyepatch off of Roy and saying something, and Roy's yelling at him. The caption at the bottom says it was done by Arakawa. Sadly it's in Japanese as well so I don't know what it says. Looks funny though! biggrin.gif
Nagisa
the cover looks good...

it would be helpfull to have a pic of one page of the book, but well, we just need time, someone will skan one tongue.gif
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 7 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]359775[/snapback]

Actually she did a little one panel Omake. If you go to the official movie website (you can get to it through the Bones website) and click on the S (Special), it'll take you to a page with an interview (all in Japanese sadly), if you go to the last page of that interview there's a little panel of Al pulling the eyepatch off of Roy and saying something, and Roy's yelling at him. The caption at the bottom says it was done by Arakawa. Sadly it's in Japanese as well so I don't know what it says. Looks funny though! biggrin.gif

"Alphonse! That's my eyepatch, don't pull at it! Wait... DON'T LET GO OF IT!"
Jedi28
Cool! Thank you VERY much! I was just contenting myself with making up lines to go with it. biggrin.gif

I'm thinking that maybe they're just going to take the two Anime Comics and putting them together into the Manga. I was hoping they'd actually do an actual Manga of the movie. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.
FullmetalMagician
It should be called an ani-manga because it was an anime movie first...
It's like the yugioh movie 2004 thingy, well I doubt it that people even read yugioh... because they think it's gay... cuz of 4kids...
T_T
The japanese thingy of yugioh is much cooler!
T_T

Anyway, does mangas uses katakana and hiragana onli? I have to know...
I'm learning japanese and I don't wanna read magazines with katakana... too hard...
tongue.gif
Reika
Fullmetal Alchemist the movie "Conquerer of Shambala" now out with anime comic book!

it's not illustrated by Arakawa, either ways, she would have announced it on her manga as she's done before with everything where she lend a hand on.
Jedi28
Bummer. I only get the English released Mangas so I'm not up to date with stuff she's announced in the Manga. I only just got Volume 6, 7 doesn't come out until May.
AA battery
Al looks too much like Ed... ><;
Jedi28
I know he does. I thought it was Ed at first but someone else pointed out it was Al. Also, he's wearing the button down black jacket and only Al wears that kind. Ed wears a zipper jacket when he's 12 and a clip jacket when he's 15.
FullmetalMagician
People sorta know ed and al's difference...
Al has a sorta brownish-yellow hair colour, his eyes are not yellow and the shape is roundish, not like Ed's eyes *Which are so cool* and if you look at Al's gloves, it has some kind of a transmutation circle for him to do alchemy by clapping *his dream! well one of them*
tongue.gif
IttyBittyPretty
QUOTE(GaluxKitty @ Mar 6 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]359583[/snapback]

I doubt Arakawa would illustrate something for Shambala...

I found the "comic" mentioned in an anime/manga vendor's online catalog, and it mentions Arakawa as the artist. Which doesn't make any sense as she has nothing to do with the movie. Now that FUNimation has licensed it, I am hoping this little tschotke (sp?) will get translated to English - soon. The waiting is sooooo HARD! ohmy.gif
paca
Oh! that manga sounds interesting ohmy.gif

maybe we will find some details that aren't touched in the movie!
Wyrd_Raven
No, we won't. Its a cinematic comic book. They take still shots from the movie and use the script as the source for dialogue.

Nothing new, just a waste of money for those who would want to buy the movie.
paca
How sad TT_________TT.

that is (how you have already said , a waste of money and time)
Wyrd_Raven
The movie will always win out in my purchasing objectives over the novelization of the movie, whether they use the comic book form or not.
Nil-chan
I don't know, there are probably a lot of people who'll buy the manga to look at the pretty pictures. tongue.gif
windxalchemist
Yeah, especially the hot pics of Roy. I was really disappointed that the movie didn't have more royAi..
ergh.....

One day! laugh.gif I wil Buy FMA from Bones, Square Enix, Arakawa-Sensei, etc. etc. and, I shall make it royai! laugh.gif

okay.... so I won't. a fangirl can dream, right? wub.gif

-windxalchemist
IttyBittyPretty
QUOTE(Nil-chan @ May 28 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]402579[/snapback]

I don't know, there are probably a lot of people who'll buy the manga to look at the pretty pictures. tongue.gif

It will be handy for those times you don't have access to a DVD player. I'm hoping there will be bits in the manga which weren't used in the movie. You know, extras like "Stuff From the Cutting Room Floor".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.