Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 49 Beyond The Gate
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
theothersin
We are nearing the end my friends. Three more to go.

Let's see, Pride has gone home for his sons' birthday. Izumi has to fight the Archinator. Ed said his good bye to Mustang. And Envy kidnapped Al!

I'm already on the edge of my seat for this one! Start the countdown as you please.
Full Metal Elf
OMG....I can't believe how close to the end we are! But I'm excited...the last episodes will keep our hearts racing...hehehe.

Tomorrow night! W00T! happy.gif

Oh yea, and this episode as the spinny thing.....everyone must hold onto their seats....when you watch it, you'll know what I mean..wink.gif
Molecular Alchemist
YAY!!! Only a few more hours!!!! Huzzah!! oh..wait....it's...friday. Aww crap. Seriuosly...i was getting ready to start the hour-countdown biggrin.gif Yeah...oh well. I have more air-sickness bags if anyone needs them..hahaha laugh.gif
Full Metal Elf
*takes air-sickness bag*..Thank you very much...happy.gif

Oh, I know, it's only Friday..sad.gif...must wait another day!! These last 3 are sort of..literally connected with their endings...i.e.

[spoiler]Very bad cliffhangers....T_T...espceially the end of 50...soooo...we'll all be freaking out here, I know it..wink.gif[/spoiler]
Colette
Ooooh, tomorrow night's a real goodie~
JoshP1389
More Hohenheim = INSTA WIN.
Plscks
On account of the fact that The board will be so busy for the weekend, and my home cinternet hates that and tells me to go jump, I will post my comments on the episode now.

I loved this episode it was really quite good, a little on the strange side, but good still. I loved the part where Ed gets *spoilered* by the *spoiler* and the part with *spoiler* using the *spoiler* to *spoiler* the *spoiler* on Ed confused me a lot, I never did get that. And damn that damn spinning part.

I hope you all enjoy the episode as much as I did, and for those of you that have seen the episode already, maybe you can piece together what i just typed. If I can get on the board over the weekend, I will if not I look forward to reading the 36 pages of replies for this topic.
Nepharski
QUOTE(pslcks @ Mar 3 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]357795[/snapback]
I loved the part where Ed gets *spoilered* by the *spoiler* and the part with *spoiler* using the *spoiler* to *spoiler* the *spoiler* on Ed confused me a lot, I never did get that.

Thank's for ruining it for me. Might as well not watch it at all. dry.gif

tongue.gif

This episode should be interesting. From the AdultSwim preview clip, it seems Archer's on about something.
Plscks
Hey Anti-Archer clan, here's a little something for you.

The Anti-Archer club is like a Dyson, it never loses suction. *ba-da bam boom sssshhhhhh*

Damn I'm good.

In case you don't understand, and I've run into that problem before....
[spoiler]A Dyson is a vacuum that claims to never lose suction, and vacuum's literally suck, so one could go on to say that a Dyson would in a sense be the best at sucking, as such it never stops sucking, by now you should get where I'm going with this.[/spoiler]

Sorry about that, I just needed to get one cheap shot in before the Anti-Archer club jabs all us Archery Club peoples eyes out.

So only what, 24 hours and 43 minutes?
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(pslcks @ Mar 3 2006, 10:17 PM) [snapback]357958[/snapback]

Hey Anti-Archer clan, here's a little something for you.

The Anti-Archer club is like a Dyson, it never loses suction. *ba-da bam boom sssshhhhhh*

Damn I'm good.

In case you don't understand, and I've run into that problem before....
[spoiler]A Dyson is a vacuum that claims to never lose suction, and vacuum's literally suck, so one could go on to say that a Dyson would in a sense be the best at sucking, as such it never stops sucking, by now you should get where I'm going with this.[/spoiler]

Sorry about that, I just needed to get one cheap shot in before the Anti-Archer club jabs all us Archery Club peoples eyes out.

So only what, 24 hours and 43 minutes?

*scratches head* Well, you know what they say....he who is first to throw insults is the first to loose ideas rolleyes.gif

EDIT:
I forgot to throw my time in...oopsie...20hrs, 15min happy.gif
Tombow
Ohhh, the excitement!!
20 hours and 5 minutes.... biggrin.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 4 2006, 02:55 AM) [snapback]358205[/snapback]

Ohhh, the excitement!!
20 hours and 5 minutes.... biggrin.gif

Huh...I lost 10 minutes somewhere??? blink.gif

Oh but you are soo right *does dance* I may need my airplane sickness bag before the show evern starts...hahaha! Just thinking about the episode makes me anxious....YAY!!!!

current ETA of episode 49: 19 hours 57 minutes

YES, one less hour to go....HUZZAH!!!!!
chrismariokart
I can't wait !
This week has gone by so slowly. Mabe cause all i've been thinking about is the new episode
biggrin.gif

that leaves 11 hours to go
Ultimate_Hughes_fan
I'm at 10 hours 57minutes. This is the awsomeest biggrin.gif
Colette
Ultimate_Hughes_fan, your sig is WAY to big blink.gif
Automne
That's why I told him/her to change it...but this is still way too big.
Aleclom
Only 5 hours and 54 minutes left!!! Stupid clock, go faster!!!!!
Alchemic Boom
Only about 6 hours and 30 minutes for me I believe. I'll finally get to see TerminArcher with more than one line of dialouge on Adult Swim. To the flat screen!
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Mar 4 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]358490[/snapback]

Only about 6 hours and 30 minutes for me I believe. I'll finally get to see TerminArcher with more than one line of dialouge on Adult Swim. To the flat screen!

About 6.5 hours for me too. Drat...oh well. Yeah...to the flat screen with me too..haha laugh.gif I only wish that it wasn't on soo late so that I could blast it and rock the house....but...i guess if it was on earlier I wouldn't be able to blast it anyway because certain people in my house would blow a fit dry.gif

@Boom: awsome avi!!!
Aleclom
Oh, hehe, you're right. I was counting to 10 o'clock. Drat, another hour of waiting.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Aleclom @ Mar 4 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]358500[/snapback]

Oh, hehe, you're right. I was counting to 10 o'clock. Drat, another hour of waiting.

haha...'tis alright. I was beginning to wonder why you were alloted one less hour of torture than the rest of us laugh.gif

Ya know, it's soo hard to talk about this episode before it airs for fear of giving stuff away....but...is it safe to assume that we get to see exactly what a Furher gives his kid for a b-day party/present?? I do hope it's a pony...
Plscks
Looks like is just about 6 hours and 14 minutes till showtime. This one should be great.

Like my new avatar, I do, It rules. Take that Claytonhiem of Light. I enjoyed having Hohenhiem as my avatar, but I like my one of a kind one a little better.

I also hope it's a pony, that kid will have a great birthday for sure.
Alchemic Boom
When I found out what the Fuhrer gives his son, Salem, I just wondered how cheap Bradley really was... unless the thing he gave salem was state of the art or something.

@Molecular Alchemist- Thanks! I love Pyramid Head...even though I hate running into him in the game.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Mar 4 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]358527[/snapback]

When I found out what the Fuhrer gives his son, Salem I just wondered how cheap Bradley really was... unless the thing he gave salem was state of the art or something.

I'm pretty sure it was. Plus, young boys love things like that.

[spoiler]To Bradley's further defense, he askes Salem latter if there was someting else he wanted.[/spoiler]
Jedi28
Yeah, we get to see what the Fuhrer gave his son for his birthday. Not very original though. He could have done better! smile.gif

Oh yeah, and to you Archer fans, take this! (don't read this if you don't want to know about Archer in episode 51)

[spoiler] If Archer is so cool then how come it's so easy to KILL him??? biggrin.gif [/spoiler]
Molecular Alchemist
Yeah, a pony would definalty be cool...then he could ride it and feed it carrots..and give it a cute name like "Nipper" ...and all will be well in the house of the Furher...until the kid gets sick of taking care of it...like most kids do...then the pony will be sad sad.gif On second thought, maybe the kid should get a nice book instead... laugh.gif

@pslcks: I thought that your avi looked different, but I wasn't sure if I was imagining things or whatnot...you had Hoenhiem last time...right? Ya, this one is waay cool....I LOVED that part in the manga!!!! happy.gif

@Jedi28: Good spoiler...mwahahahahahaha! Not insulting, and right to the point! biggrin.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 4 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]358549[/snapback]

Yeah, we get to see what the Fuhrer gave his son for his birthday. Not very original though. He could have done better! smile.gif

Oh yeah, and to you Archer fans, take this! (don't read this if you don't want to know about Archer in episode 51)

[spoiler] If Archer is so cool then how come it's so easy to KILL him??? biggrin.gif [/spoiler]

Bah! Fool! He obviously faked that. They'll be a spin-off series where he comes back and pwns everyone. tongue.gif

[spoiler]I'd like to think Riza only delivered the final blows; the straw that broke the camel's back.[/spoiler]
Plscks
The Fuhrer should give him the Genocide for dummies book, so that he can follow in his footsteps.

And yeah, that chapter in the manga was my favorite, it was so damn awsome. That picture was a b*tch to color in though, but I think it turned out pretty cool.

I can't wait for them to start airing *Halfmetal Archinator* He'll totally be back.

Can Kimbley come back with a spinoff series also?
chrismariokart
Just a few hours left now. biggrin.gif

Fullmetal Alchemist comes on at midnight for me,
so I have 4 1/2 hours to wait.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(pslcks @ Mar 4 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]358576[/snapback]

And yeah, that chapter in the manga was my favorite, it was so damn awsome. That picture was a b*tch to color in though, but I think it turned out pretty cool.

Yeah....definalty one of my top favs too. Wait... you colored that in! WOW! ohmy.gif I thought that it was in b/w, but just assumed you had a scan of some special collectors copy or something. It turned out really well happy.gif

QUOTE(pslcks @ Mar 4 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]358576[/snapback]

I can't wait for them to start airing *Halfmetal Archinator* He'll totally be back.

Ya know...I may not be part of the Archery club....but I'd definatly watch the series if they made one....just because it would promise to be soo damn entertaining laugh.gif Scary....but entertaining...we could see what the two of them would blow up each week... ph34r.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
awww, some of you started the countdown without me!! geez! lol anyways....i cant wait for this episode man!!! only 4 hours and 30 minutes left!! woohoo!!! lol happy.gif
Plscks
Yes, Halfmetal Archinator, the epic saga of two highly evil guys searching for a way to get thier original bodies back(or at least Archer's body, I can't remember if Kimbley had anything blown off of him).

I hope nobody minds if I use this neat Archery Club pic in my sig.

Only 4 hours and 17 minutes. I can't wait.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(pslcks @ Mar 4 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]358620[/snapback]

Yes, Halfmetal Archinator, the epic saga of two highly evil guys searching for a way to get thier original bodies back(or at least Archer's body, I can't remember if Kimbley had anything blown off of him).

I hope nobody minds if I use this neat Archery Club pic in my sig.

Only 4 hours and 17 minutes. I can't wait.

Yes...It would be cool...though, I think that Kimbly still has his whole body, just with a couple of bullet holes in it (if i remember correctly). HAHA...it would be a messed up spinn-off of FMA..i wonder how long it would last... rolleyes.gif Actually, I don't think that ARcher would want his body back...he would prob be having too much fun blowing stuff up with his automail that puts the terminator to shame and makes Arnold Schwartzegger want to run and hide.
And I surly don't mind that you used the nifty little pic for your sig...you guys have an all-encompassing emblum?? laugh.gif

Oh yeah...only a few more hours...and then...we can crash the Furher's son's b-day party!!!! YEAH!!! Do the pony....*dances*
The Claw Alchemist
3 hours and 50 mins.
I cant wait.
Alchemic Boom
Plscks- Of course you can use the Archery Club banner! Anyone in the Archery Club can, and I for one recommend it. Show the AC pride!

We're crashing the party? That's it all AC members take position.
[spoiler]We gotta save the Colonel! ...And I don't mean Roy.[/spoiler]
Oh yeah. Group 2 gets to raid the wine celler.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Mar 4 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]358647[/snapback]

Oh yeah. Group 2 gets to raid the wine celler.

Beat ya to it, and let me tell you....this Merlot from 1816....not a very good year *hiccup* Anybody wanna glass.... i've got Charddonay here too...1850, not bad... *HICCUP* laugh.gif

IT's goona be a great episode!!! Full of darkness and danger....
3 hours 38 min...i wanna do the funky chicken at the Furher's kid's party. I wonder if they had pin-the-tail on the donkey???
Jedi28
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 4 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]358564[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 4 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]358549[/snapback]

Bah! Fool! He obviously faked that. They'll be a spin-off series where he comes back and pwns everyone. tongue.gif

[spoiler]I'd like to think Riza only delivered the final blows; the straw that broke the camel's back.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] wouldn't it be the straw the broke the Archer's back? She did shoot him in the back after all. biggrin.gif [/spoiler]

He faked it?!?!?! How do you fake something like that?! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

A Spin-off series would be like this:

Presenting the FullMetal Archer!

Episode One:

Random Dude: Hi, I'm a random dude.
Archer: Die. (blows up random dude).
The End. Stay tuned for next week when Archer meets another random dude...and kills him. biggrin.gif Also, guest starring Kimbley as the Crimson Dead Guy and Alphonse Elric as the guy who's pissed that Archer got a spinoff and he didn't. biggrin.gif

My math skills bite really bad so, Countdown: Less time than the guy above me. biggrin.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(pslcks @ Mar 4 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]358576[/snapback]

Granting the possibility of organ donars, that's not too improbable of an idea.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 4 2006, 07:35 PM) [snapback]358669[/snapback]

QUOTE(pslcks @ Mar 4 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]358576[/snapback]

Granting the possibility of organ donars, that's not too improbable of an idea.

Well, organ donation...and some electric shocks to jumpstart his heart. We may need to pull a Frankenstein here....*puts on goggles*---> cool.gif .....LIVE!!!
Melydragon
I canīt believe Iīm going to miss it!!! OMG!! I have family issues and I canīt see it.

You guys who are going to see it are blessed by Ishbala or something like that.

Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Melydragon @ Mar 4 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]358688[/snapback]

I canīt believe Iīm going to miss it!!! OMG!! I have family issues and I canīt see it.

Family issues?? I hope it's not bad. I'm sorry...you can't catch the second showing either? Aw man...how are you gonna understand next weeks if you don't see this one??? you must find an alternate way to see the episode then wink.gif But..on a lighter note, FMA is on Monday nites again..so you can see it when it airs again...hopefully you wont need to wait that long smile.gif
chrismariokart
2 more hours left ! biggrin.gif

Crap, that BoBoBo show is on it's so stupid.
The Claw Alchemist
2 hours

OMG HE BEAT ME BY A SECOND!
and bo-bobobobo-bo does suck....

OMG CLIP!
http://www.adultswim.com/clips/fullmetal/ep49/video.asx

from adultswim =O
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(The Claw Alchemist @ Mar 4 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback]358720[/snapback]

2 hours

OMG HE BEAT ME BY A SECOND!
and bo-bobobobo-bo does suck....

OMG CLIP!
http://www.adultswim.com/clips/fullmetal/ep49/video.asx

from adultswim =O

AHH!!! GO IZUMI!!! YEAh, so you're spitting up blood...but...YEAH!!!! WOOOT!!!! *punches air* Way to stand up to Mecha-Archer and his band of ruffians....hey...is that the Archery club there with him..I think i counted 13??? blink.gif hahaha!!! Izumi's my hero!!...well, one of them, at least....

And for the record...Bobo-bo-bobobo is soooo bad that i can just feel my brain rotting and dripping out my nose when it's on...
chrismariokart
Hey, is the time above our posts wrong. Or is it just me
Nepharski
QUOTE(Melydragon @ Mar 4 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]358688[/snapback]

If you miss it, PM me. I know of a way you might yet experiance it, but of which I am forbade to offer publicly.
Jedi28
QUOTE(Melydragon @ Mar 4 2006, 09:14 PM) [snapback]358688[/snapback]

Well, look on the bright side:
A. You're missing episode 49 but not 50. Out of all the FMA episodes, episode 50 is the single one you do NOT want to miss!
B. If absolute worst comes to worst, you can always watch the subbed version on YouTube. It's not the same if you've been watching the English version but at least you'll know what's going on. 49 does a cliffhanger into 50 so you kind of need to see 49 in order to know what's going on in 50. AND the DVD's are coming out pretty fast so you wouldn't have to wait to long to see it. So not so bad! biggrin.gif

Man, we're like all responding to the same guy trying to help him not miss the episode. biggrin.gif
The Claw Alchemist
1 hour 15 mins...

TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR.

*goes on mapquest*

Jedi28
I'm re-watching some of my favorite episodes. Right now it's FullMetal vs. Flame. Next Tuesday is the official release of Volume 8 with episodes 29-32. I'm so happy!! smile.gif

You notice more people seem to be interested in what the Fuhrer got for his son as opposed to what's happened to Al since he got grabbed by Envy?
vfdj42
Is Roy even in this episode? I forgot.
Oh, it's the spinny episode of doom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.