Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 49 Beyond The Gate
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jedi28
Yeah, I think he is briefly. You know, I think the English version of Archer is cooler than the Japanese version. The Japanese version doesn't have as cool of lines from what I remember.
The Claw Alchemist
Omg i feel so bad for Izumi!

Im watching dvd #7, and i came across this! i had to take a pic!
IPB Image
OMG HOW HORRIBLE
chrismariokart
ONE MORE HOUR ! biggrin.gif

can't think of anything else to say...
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 4 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]358754[/snapback]

I'm re-watching some of my favorite episodes. Right now it's FullMetal vs. Flame. Next Tuesday is the official release of Volume 8 with episodes 29-32. I'm so happy!! smile.gif

You notice more people seem to be interested in what the Fuhrer got for his son as opposed to what's happened to Al since he got grabbed by Envy?

*waves bottle of merlot* Well, arn't YOU interested to see what the Furher got his son???? I know I am....and it had better be a ponly...or he's gonna wear this wine *tips bottle upside down* Awww..I'm out..well, time to go back in the wine cellar and see what else I can dig up from the Furer's private stock *huccup*.... laugh.gif also i think we are all trying to stear clear of the possibility of spoilers..and avoiding the subject all-together is the best option wink.gif

EDIT:

I'm totally breaking out my fav episodes after this episode's done....i feel the need for a marathon smile.gif
The Claw Alchemist
SAME
i wish i brought all my dvds to my dads house, i only brought #7 =[

cant wait for 8 =]
Jedi28
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Mar 4 2006, 11:13 PM) [snapback]358771[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 4 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]358754[/snapback]

I'm re-watching some of my favorite episodes. Right now it's FullMetal vs. Flame. Next Tuesday is the official release of Volume 8 with episodes 29-32. I'm so happy!! smile.gif

You notice more people seem to be interested in what the Fuhrer got for his son as opposed to what's happened to Al since he got grabbed by Envy?

*waves bottle of merlot* Well, arn't YOU interested to see what the Furher got his son???? I know I am....and it had better be a ponly...or he's gonna wear this wine *tips bottle upside down* Awww..I'm out..well, time to go back in the wine cellar and see what else I can dig up from the Furer's private stock *huccup*.... laugh.gif also i think we are all trying to stear clear of the possibility of spoilers..and avoiding the subject all-together is the best option wink.gif

EDIT:

I'm totally breaking out my fav episodes after this episode's done....i feel the need for a marathon smile.gif

I already KNOW what the Fuhrer got his son and I say he could have done better.

Here, let's discuss this. It's the ACTUAL Truth Behind Truth. Or not. biggrin.gif At least you won't have to worry about spoilers. biggrin.gif This is like one of my most favorite screenshots and it's not even from the Anime.

IPB Image
The Claw Alchemist
Who is that beside envy...
For it looks alot like... NO IT CANT BE

Is that ed?

OH:
30 mins
Plscks
God I love the pre-episode hype on these boards, it makes waiting for the new episode so much better.

And to the person that will miss it, use the VCR, tape it, call someone else and make them tape it, that's what I always do if I can't see the episode.

Only like 30 something more minutes.

And the Halfmetal Archinator episode would go like this...

Random little kid - look I found a puppy!
*puppy goes over to robo-archer and uses him as a fire hydrant*
Robo-Archer - I hate puppies.
*mouth gun deploys and the puppy eats lead*
Kimbley - I hate kids.
*Kimbley then turns the little kid into a bomb*
Archer and Kimbley - Ha! Ha! Hah! Ha! Ha!
Kimbley - You're going to blow up kid, you should've left that puppy where you found it.
*BA BOOM!*
*more laughter fades into ending theme song*
Jedi28
QUOTE(The Claw Alchemist @ Mar 4 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]358780[/snapback]

Who is that beside envy...
For it looks alot like... NO IT CANT BE

Is that ed?

Well, it USED to be Ed. In that particular screenshot it's Pride.

Ahhhhh! The poor PUPPY!!! biggrin.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 4 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]358776[/snapback]

I already KNOW what the Fuhrer got his son and I say he could have done better.

Here, let's discuss this. It's the ACTUAL Truth Behind Truth. Or not. biggrin.gif At least you won't have to worry about spoilers. biggrin.gif This is like one of my most favorite screenshots and it's not even from the Anime.

<image>

I know what he got too....and I'll give my real opinions of it after the show wink.gif [spoiler]and...it's definatly not a pony...cheap jerk....I hope bradley likes merlot[/spoiler]

what is that image from? i've never seen it before... blink.gif

EDIT:
@plscks: I agree...pre-show board discussions are the best. And your scenerio is quite entertaining...HAHAHAHAHA laugh.gif
The Claw Alchemist
Jedi, im sorry, but im sooo confused.
explain
Shi-chan
*Holds up sign: 'The end is coming!'...* Oh...hold on...*takes out red market and adds..."Of the FMA Series...that is..."

Oh Episode 49...This is the confusing one isn't it...?

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 4 2006, 10:38 PM) [snapback]358747[/snapback]

Well, look on the bright side:
A. You're missing episode 49 but not 50. Out of all the FMA episodes, episode 50 is the single one you do NOT want to miss!

Oh...Man I really hope I don't miss Ep.50 then...[I might cause my Aunt+cousins are coming over next week] Or worse I'm watching it and my lil-cousins inturupt it. [I can hear them now: 'Ohhh whats that?" Is that guys arm metal!?!" Why does that suit of armor talk? Who'se in it? It sounds like a little kid!" Gah!] Then again I suppose if that happens I'll just stay up 'til the second showing...[they have to be asleep by then...eh right?]

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 4 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]358754[/snapback]

*Waves arms madly* I'm am deeply intrested in what fate befell My beloved Aru-chan! [...Although now that you mention it...I am kinda curious as to whay the fulher got his son...]

Anyways...Only 32 more minutes 'til Episode 49 [Dun Dun Duh!]!!!
chrismariokart
About 30 minutes left....

Am I the only one still counting down ?
The Claw Alchemist
SHH ITS ON
Jedi28
QUOTE(The Claw Alchemist @ Mar 4 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]358785[/snapback]

Jedi, im sorry, but im sooo confused.
explain

I'm sorry. Either the boards went down or my Internet went down and I couldn't get on for a while.
Anyway, the screenshot is from a Chinese fanmade PC game called Bluebird's Illusion. The storyline for the game (FANMADE so these aren't spoilers) are that Ed has saved Al and is working for the Fuhrer as his secretary, he serves tea to him and Roy every day. There's a side story where they think Al is a murderer, main storyline is that Al was improperly restored to his body, Envy kidnaps Ed and proceeds to nearly beat him to death over the course of three days or so. That's the common storyline. There are FOUR possible endings.

Ending One: Al disappears forever, Ed becomes a general and is secretary to Roy who is the new Fuhrer.
Ending Two: Ed saves Al but becomes a Vegetable, Al takes him back to Resembol to care for him for the rest of his life. Roy becomes Fuhrer.
Ending Three: Ed, Roy AND Al all die. Ed is resurrected as the Homunculus Pride. He has no memories of being Ed.
Ending Four: The game starts off but all of a sudden, the game programmer's voices come on and say, "to heck with it," Ed is named the Tea Alchemist and the game ends.

Here is my second favorite screenshot of VeggieEd. He looks so cute! biggrin.gif

IPB Image
Tombow
It's on!!
Now, if the board can stay on-line also....
The Claw Alchemist
fisrt commercial

Wow, Wrath got poont
Jedi28
The boards staying on would be nice. Poor Wrath, am I the only one that feels sorry for him?
The Claw Alchemist
Yes.
BACK ON!
Jedi28
Almost time for the spinny moment! biggrin.gif
Alchemic Boom
IT'S A TRAIN! Yeah Bradley, best birthday gift EVER! ...Oh heck who cares if it's just train. Bradley still rocks and his son is really cute.

Woo Archer! Oh and sadly no that's not the AC with him. But we're all there actually, just hiding. See I'm behind the bookshelf, Plscks is hanging outside the window and Nepharski is actually behind one of the doors. I'd name all the rest but the Archery Club can't reveal all it's secrets...

...I don't understand why the soldiers are still firing at what is probably an empty room. Archer and his group ran out already... unless they've spotted us. Retreat!

"Edward I love you."

"You do?"

Bah, Ed sounds so bored and mildly surprised.

Jedi28
Who tells Ed that? Rose? That ain't in the original Japanese. In the Japanese Rose doesn't say much of anything. I bet Funimation is trying to work in the stupid plot twist Bones did in suddenly trying to cook up something between Ed and Rose.

Ed always sounds mildly surprised, especially when it comes to Rose. He doesn't particularly care about her that much. He told her goodbye already and when she said she'd see him later he told her no. Also, when he sees her again in Liore he talks to Scar and Dante about her but doesn't really try to ever talk to her. Ed only REALLY cares about Al and Winry in my opinion. Everybody else, he likes but doesn't really mind if they go away for a long time.

What's even more stupid about that whole Ed/Rose thing is that (movie spoiler)
[spoiler] Ed doesn't even SEE her, ask about her or think about her in the movie. [/spoiler]
The Claw Alchemist
zep-what?

OMFG CLIFFHANGER
vfdj42
AHAHAHA, IT'S OVER. THAT MEANS NEXT WEEK IS THE EPISODE.
Jedi28
Exactly! THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN!! 7 days until THE EPISODE AND THE MOTHER OF ALL CILFFHANGERS! Be very very afraid. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Did you guys like the spinny moment?
Carnal Malefactor
OMG ULTRAMEGA SPOILERT!

[spoiler]Ed dies in the next episode[/spoiler]
...TWICE!
vfdj42
I'm sorry. Either the boards went down or my Internet went down and I couldn't get on for a while.
Anyway, the screenshot is from a Chinese fanmade PC game called Bluebird's Illusion. The storyline for the game (FANMADE so these aren't spoilers) are that Ed has saved Al and is working for the Fuhrer as his secretary, he serves tea to him and Roy every day. There's a side story where they think Al is a murderer, main storyline is that Al was improperly restored to his body, Envy kidnaps Ed and proceeds to nearly beat him to death over the course of three days or so. That's the common storyline. There are FOUR possible endings.

Ending One: Al disappears forever, Ed becomes a general and is secretary to Roy who is the new Fuhrer.
Ending Two: Ed saves Al but becomes a Vegetable, Al takes him back to Resembol to care for him for the rest of his life. Roy becomes Fuhrer.
Ending Three: Ed, Roy AND Al all die. Ed is resurrected as the Homunculus Pride. He has no memories of being Ed.
Ending Four: The game starts off but all of a sudden, the game programmer's voices come on and say, "to heck with it," Ed is named the Tea Alchemist and the game ends.

That sounds pretty cool. Where is it?
Jedi28
I don't think you can get it anymore. They were selling it for a while but Bones got mad and they had to stop. Now you'll have to get it online like on E-bay or something. The whole game is in Chinese but there's a really good fanmade guide done by MidNightBanshee of LiveJournal that has translations of all the screens and so forth. Someone posted the link over in the game section, I'll go find it for ya.

Here it is: http://midnightbanshee.livejournal.com/3511.html
Carnal Malefactor
That sounds like the worst game ever.
Aleclom
'Bout puked during the spinny moment. Around and around and around and ar--*barf*

I don't think I can wait another week! Ed's on the other side! And it's like London or something. I don't think I've ever been so confused! Stupid cliffhanger. Stupid Sunday through Friday.
Jedi28
It's a fangame, what do you expect? Actually you get to see Ed in uniform and the artwork is really good. Look at the two screenshots that I posted, I think they're really good. There's one really funny part, you get to decide who you serve tea to each day (Fuhrer first or Roy). If you consistently serve Roy first you eventually get the following:

Fuhrer: Why do you serve tea to Roy first every day FullMetal?
Roy: Yes, Ed, why? Is there a special reason? (smirking)
Ed: (blushing) Actually yes, there is a special reason..
Roy: Really? What is it?
Ed: Welll...uh..you see I'm not really good at making tea so I thought if anything was wrong with it then Roy would notice it before the Fuhrer drank it.
Fuhrer: That's the reason?
Roy: Wait, so I'm just here as the poison tester?
napes
damnit with that ultra spoiler, sigh

im going to pretend i didnt read that
Jedi28
You read it?!?!? NO ONE READ THE ULTRA SPOILER OR YOU WILL BE...um...ULTRA SPOILED! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
napes
i only saw the spoiler part, i didnt read the part above the quote...either way someone already typed that spoiler out in the favorite episode thread without spoiler tags
Jedi28
That wasn't very nice of them. Void is evil, let's get together and turn him into a fish or break his legs down and stick them on his head! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't worry, you don't know what the twice part is about right? So you can still be surprised. biggrin.gif

Sorry, if my post sounded at all rude Napes, I was just teasing. biggrin.gif
napes
im so insulted, you have no idea biggrin.gif

it didnt sound rude, and yeah i dont know abou the twice thing, but ill just be happy enough to see the ep, sounds like will be sick
Jedi28
Okay, as long as you're only insulted. biggrin.gif Sometimes, I have a habit of saying things in fun and then later thinking it might not have come across right.

yeah, don't worry, you won't be disappointed. At least there won't be any more spinny moments! I'd almost recommend fans tape the show, DON'T watch it, then hold on to it till the next week and watch it right before episode 51. Of course, everyone would be talking about it on the boards so they'd have to stay off the boards to avoid being spoiled.
napes
hahah that made me dizzy and the best part was they focused on the person NOT talking

also why is rose all of a sudden a robot...it was so annoying that she did want dante wanted
Jedi28
I wondered that myself. She just stands there and looks stupid. What I was thinking was maybe she kind of got re-traumatized. She was captured by the army, came back with a kid and unable to speak, had JUST gotten the ability to speak back and then winds up as Dante's prisoner. I thought maybe she had a relapse or a partial relapse. Of course she doesn't even react to anything happening to Ed, Al, Wrath, and barely reacts to things happening to her baby.
napes
seriously, it was mind boggling ...i figured she was re-traumatized too...kinda just mindlessness because she knew she was gonna die, or something

something else that bugged me was dantes speech about how the theory of EE and eds suprised reaction was garbage...i thought ed already came to that realization several eps back

ill stop my nitpicking tho...the ep was great even if it doesnt sound like i think so
Jedi28
He had started to get it but hadn't really absorbed it or had time to absorb it yet. It's kind of sad if you think about it:

Ed: It was EE! I gave my leg for knowledge and my arm to save Al!
Wrath: No, actually I just figured it'd be fun to rip your arm and leg off when you came through the gate.

Next week, Ed gets the final part of the whole EE thing. Keep this in mind, it's not really a spoiler (it's a look back) but just in case:

[spoiler] In the Japanese AND American versions, the line at the beginning of every episode about EE is along the lines of "Back then" or "when we were young" or "when we were kids" "we believed such and such about EE." The implication is that Ed and Al no longer believe that EE is the one and only truth, EE is what they USED to believe. [/spoiler]
Molecular Alchemist
A CHOO-CHOO TRAIN??!!! A FEAKING CHOO-CHOO TRAIN!?!?! oK.. what 10 year old wants a train for his b-day?? I SAID PONY,...idiot. Where's my bottle *rummages through pile of empty bottles* AH-ha..now to find the Furher... mad.gif That's just...oh, it reminded me of that movie "Scrooged" with Bill MUrrey...when the little kid's like "is is a choo-choo train" and the dad's like "no, it's a pound of veal." and the kid was like "I wanted a choo-chooc train" laugh.gif

And Go IZUMI!! YAY!!! And long live the guard that performs mutany!!! We're gonna rot in hell together, oh how much fun it's gonna be!!! happy.gif

And Rose...*grabs stick* WHY..WHY won't you move?? what the hell is wrong with you?? you KNOW that dante's a crackpot...is Rose THAT desperate for a boyfriend since Kane died that she would let Dante posess her just to get Ed blink.gif

And the spinning...with my headach...I feel sick.... wacko.gif
Jedi28
I SAID it was not an original present! biggrin.gif

Rose is dumb, I don't know why they even bothered bringing her back in the show.

I wanna join the anti-Archer movement!!!
napes
me too, i saw robo-cop 2, except archer's new fancy drug is power

i wish my dad would get me a train for my bday...all i got was this stupid porable media player biggrin.gif

also im not reading that spoiler....not after the last spoiler i read...
Jedi28
It's not THAT kind of spoiler. I was just drawing attention to a line that's been said in almost every single episode but you may not have noticed the exact WAY it's been said before. I didn't notice it for a long time myself and then was like "wait a minute." EE is totally different in the Manga by the way. I kinda like the Manga way better.

Good old RoboCop. I've seen two of them. They're....interesting....Archer is like a cross between RoboCop and the Terminator.

Sigh, it's getting really late and I haven't even gotten two pages out of my stupid paper I'm trying to write. It's my professor's fault for making me write a paper that can ONLY be all quotes and then saying, "Now make sure the entire paper isn't quotes."

I got wireless Internet in my bedroom for my last birthday. biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Mar 5 2006, 02:02 AM) [snapback]358837[/snapback]

And Go IZUMI!! YAY!!! And long live the guard that performs mutany!!! We're gonna rot in hell together, oh how much fun it's gonna be!!! happy.gif

And Rose...*grabs stick* WHY..WHY won't you move?? what the hell is wrong with you?? you KNOW that dante's a crackpot...is Rose THAT desperate for a boyfriend since Kane died that she would let Dante posess her just to get Ed blink.gif

I'm recovering from motion sickness... huh.gif

Yeah, Maria Ross and Denny coming to Izumi's aid was nice!! smile.gif

But, Rose, Rose, Rose,..... rolleyes.gif

And, Ed literally went "Tobira no mukou ni (The other sidde of the door")!!! mellow.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Mar 4 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]358783[/snapback]
@plscks: I agree...pre-show board discussions are the best. And your scenerio is quite entertaining...HAHAHAHAHA laugh.gif

Unless, of course, you happen to be a little kid or a puppy.

Only 15 minutes more to wait for me.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 5 2006, 01:04 AM) [snapback]358838[/snapback]

I SAID it was not an original present! biggrin.gif

Rose is dumb, I don't know why they even bothered bringing her back in the show.

I wanna join the anti-Archer movement!!!

HUZZAH!!! YEAh... i knew it was a dumb present...dude..take that train and throw it at him! And Archer has to die! Com'on Jedi28 it's you and me vs Archer!!! Why does he run from bullets like a sissy???

QUOTE(napes @ Mar 5 2006, 01:10 AM) [snapback]358840[/snapback]

me too, i saw robo-cop 2, except archer's new fancy drug is power

err..does that mean you want to join an Anti-Archer movement...or that you saw Robocop 2 also ?? blink.gif because you're most welcome to come join if you want happy.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 5 2006, 01:27 AM) [snapback]358848[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Mar 5 2006, 02:02 AM) [snapback]358837[/snapback]

I'm recovering from motion sickness... huh.gif

Yeah, Maria Ross and Denny coming to Izumi's aid was nice!! smile.gif

But, Rose, Rose, Rose,..... rolleyes.gif

And, Ed literally went "Tobira no mukou ni (The other sidde of the door")!!! mellow.gif

Yeah...this....THIS is why I can't stand Rose. She does nothing....and she didn't even look worried when her baby was snatched by that floor-dragon thing. Ya know *pokes Rose with stick* move, darn you...com'on.....you can do it. I saw you dancing...you're limbs can go places..... dry.gif

And yeah..the other side of the door...soo....Ed's being attacked by zepplins now? Gee...it seems everyone wants a piece of Ed, even the Good year blimp!!! laugh.gif

I especially liked the preview for next week...Title :DEATH, voice over: <insert Al's bloodcurling scream here>
napes
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Mar 5 2006, 03:53 AM) [snapback]358859[/snapback]

err..does that mean you want to join an Anti-Archer movement...or that you saw Robocop 2 also ?? blink.gif because you're most welcome to come join if you want happy.gif

it was in regard to the anti-archer movement...cant stand his character...but then again he's supposed to be the guy you love to hate
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(napes @ Mar 5 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]358862[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Mar 5 2006, 03:53 AM) [snapback]358859[/snapback]

it was in regard to the anti-archer movement...cant stand his character...but then again he's supposed to be the guy you love to hate

Haha...quite right...then that makes 3...haha happy.gif And yes, I love to hate him...but..that's what he gets for shooting at certain people mad.gif

That spinny scene still made me dizzy...maybe it's because i have a habit of staring. And all of the characters looked trippy in this episode...it was like...they were all on drugs or something...hahaha wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.