Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 49 Beyond The Gate
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jedi28
I don't get why people seem to not like Wrath. I think he's a cool little kid, granted the constant crying is irritating BUT when he's just acting insane he's fun.

Anyone notice how often Ed has been pinned and sat on by Wrath since the kid appeared? I know this is an odd observation, probably cause I watched all the episodes back to back and was like, wait a minute, did he just get taken down by Wrath AGAIN? Poor Edo.

Episode 50 is coming! All will be revealed, happiness will be gone until episode 51! Lookie, it rhymes! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 10 2006, 12:25 AM) [snapback]361156[/snapback]
Anyone notice how often Ed has been pinned and sat on by Wrath since the kid appeared? I know this is an odd observation, probably cause I watched all the episodes back to back and was like, wait a minute, did he just get taken down by Wrath AGAIN? Poor Edo.

It goes both ways for them. They always wind up doing something very very gay when they fight together. =.=;;
Jedi28
I wasn't thinking about it in that way. biggrin.gif I was just thinking it was sad that 16 year-old Ed keeps getting taken down by a kid who's like 10 or so.

Automne
Duh, Ed is a pipsqueak and Wrath, who plus is a homunculus, is as tall as him, even taller, since he doesn't wear ubber high boots tongue.gif
Jedi28
I know but Wrath is a little kid who cries a lot! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Ed can take out taller people, he defeats Greed, he at least holds his own against Scar during the second fight, he defeats Number 48. BUT when it comes to Wrath it's like:

Wrath: Give me your body! (And no, I don't mean it like that!) laugh.gif
Ed: AHHHH! (Immediately falls on ground and gets sat on).

He doesn't even try to get Wrath off of him, it's like "oh, I've been pinned, guess I'll just sit here then." Actually, I think Ed gets saved everytime doesn't he? Izumi saves him from Wrath, I think Lust saves him from Wrath a couple of times, etc.

Poor pipsqueak Edo. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Since it's Friday, does that mean we can post in the Episode 50 thread now? It says Friday but no one has posted yet.
Claytonheim of Light
Maybe Ed can't handle Wrath's chaotic, freestyle way of fighting. It's true, he always does seem to loose to him. And I agree that he can get annoying, he's probably the lamest homonculus, but his temperment does suit his name.
Automne
QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Yesterday @ 05:06 PM)
He doesn't even try to get Wrath off of him, it's like "oh, I've been pinned, guess I'll just sit here then."

It's cause he likes it!

I did not say anything...
Jedi28
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Mar 11 2006, 02:04 AM) [snapback]361567[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Yesterday @ 05:06 PM)
He doesn't even try to get Wrath off of him, it's like "oh, I've been pinned, guess I'll just sit here then."

It's cause he likes it!

I did not say anything...

Did too.... tongue.gif
Nega FMA
5 bucks say that Wrath sits on Ed again in Ep 50 or atleast before the series ends. It seems like Ed has fought him more than anyone else in the series. Though i find it dissapointing how Ed can hold his own against Scar,Greed and Sloth yet gets pwned by Wrath who barely ever transmutes stuff.
Colette
QUOTE(Claytonheim of Light @ Mar 9 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]361015[/snapback]

I don't think Dante has Rose drugged or hypnotized, I think Rose went nuts and Dante capitalized on it. Rose was always very easilly manipulated, remember how readily she followed Cornello? And after Ed exposes him, she says "Now what do we have to live for?" She is a very weak person who needs somone to tell her what to do.

Dante is more than happy to fill this role. She is clearly a master manipulator, like when Gluttony is upset and she tells him he dosn't have feelings, it seems like what he was going through was emotion to me... It makes me wonder how much of what the homomculi believe about themselves is true and how much is crap that Dante fed them.

She has Rose at the point where she has no will of her own anymore.

Look at Rose's eyes here
Look at her eyes here
See a difference?

If Rose wasn't under Dante's control, she would have done anything she could to stop her. After all, she stood up to all those soilders to save those children, and those weren't even hers.
Claytonheim of Light
I agree she's under Dante's control, I just think it's due to Dante manipulating her, not drugs or hypnosis. Of course I could be proven wrong in the coming episodes...but please don't spoil it!
AmberStewart93
QUOTE(Claytonheim of Light @ Mar 11 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]361634[/snapback]
I agree she's under Dante's control, I just think it's due to Dante manipulating her, not drugs or hypnosis. Of course I could be proven wrong in the coming episodes...but please don't spoil it!
i also agree she's uder dante's control. i need to know for sure,though
spectre_vampire
I find it interesting that Lyra/Dante would tell Rose that she and Ed love each other. Would it have made any more sense to turn Rose against Ed? Did Dante honestly think that Ed would go along with her body-changing scheme?
Amethyst Sunset
QUOTE(spectre_vampire @ Jun 30 2007, 04:59 AM) [snapback]557453[/snapback]
I find it interesting that Lyra/Dante would tell Rose that she and Ed love each other. Would it have made any more sense to turn Rose against Ed? Did Dante honestly think that Ed would go along with her body-changing scheme?

I'm guessing Dante was working on assumptions here. She probably didn't know that Ed already knew her secret (because she has deceived older, wiser people). Plus, she probably didn't know too much about how Ed and Rose met and how their meeting turned out, so once again, she assumed that Rose harbored feelings for Ed, and brainwashed her this way.

Then again, it would probably be easier to convince Rose that she loves Ed than to convince her to hate him. Plus, I don't see Rose as someone who would actually hate someone else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.