Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 49 Beyond The Gate
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
JoshP1389
The "spinning" scene was relevant towards the confusion of what was going on. Dante claims she is being helpful (or rather, a "Sheperd of Sins"), yet she claims that she is better than humans. Doesn't that make her prideful? So then if she has the sin of pride (and others, such as lust and wrath), that makes her completely hypocritical.

Jerk.

Closing quote.

QUOTE(The First of the Ten Commandments)
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

NOTE: Please don't bring that into relevancy. Choose your lifestyle and how you want to live it knowing the consequences.
Joe J
I loved the Being John Malkovich wake up moment for Ed after he passes through the gate. First, he sees a human right arm. Next, he sees his reflection with short hair. It's a great WTF moment. Then, Hoho... and Zeppelins?

Awesome! I want more... Now!

Peace,
Joe J.

"I am a traveler of both time and space... to be where I have been." - Led Zeppelin, "Kashmir"
chrismariokart
At first I thought the present was a gun
Chopper Enthusiast
A train! He is the leader of the state and all he gets him is a train!?

Maybe a tank...or a red stone...possibly an XBOX 360?

CRAYFISH!

Lots of cleavage in this episode too. Probably because Dante and Rose where wearing hoop skirts. Or whatever you call them.

Gluttony is getting pretty frantic. Somebody is going to get eaten soon.

Zeppelins! Edward Elric versus the Nazis!
vfdj42
OMG ULTRAMEGA SPOILERT!

Spoiler Below: Highlight text below to view.

[spoiler]
Ed dies in the next episode [/spoiler]
...TWICE!

--------------------

XD

I noticed the EE narrative was in the past tense the first time I saw the episode.

[spoiler] The episode 51 narrative is so nice...Al should have done the VO for all the narrations, though. Maybe it's because I'm one of the "OMG THE SUBS ARE SO MUCH BETTER" people. [/spoiler]

This really is a wonderful, moving series. The last two episodes are masterpieces. I actually like it better than the manga.
Chopper Enthusiast
Holy Hell!

Cover it up you fools! Cover it up!

No one look at the previous page if you value the show!
Jen_Elric
OMG!! Cliffhanger! Though, not as bad as next episode's!!

I thought the whole Pride giving his son a b-day gift part was not needed. Not very important. Just my opinion.
Wrath was such a brat, he needed to be kicked around. He also lost his mind (losing two mothers). He should run cuz I think Gluttony will be after him for killing Lust.
Hey! There were 2 spinny moments, one with the "camera" above Ed and Dante, and the other one. Both made me dizzy, but the "above" spinny moment was harder to watch. Aww! Ed blushed! but I don't see a Ed/Rose pairing. And she annoys me anyways.
YAY!! We got to see Ed on the other side of the gate!! I thought his short hair was cute on him.
All in all, this was one of my fave episodes.

I can't WAIT!!! I'M HOSTING THE NEXT TALK-BACK THREAD!!!!! YAAAAY!!! *jumps up and down*
I hope no one (*coughnewbiescough*) steals it from me.*cracks her knuckles*

Well, i was HOPING no one would spoil the next episode, but someone just did!! DAMMIT!! *glares at vfdj42*
Please tell me you didn't mean to do it, vfdj42!!
Automne
vfdj42:*cough*fix the damn quote*cough* :runs to the Grammar Police Station:
LoMXD
that episode was good, all the spinning made me dizzy hough. me and my sister cried the whole time. I have Al's scream stuck in my head from the preveiw, but I celebrated when Ed told Rose "they were only friends"XD
Aleclom
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Stupid spoiler that wasn't in spoiler brackets! >_< I hope other surprises occur in the next episode. I still wanna be surprised!
theothersin
Oi...spoilers.

Awsome episode, but too many spinny moments. I have no feeling torwards Rose good or bad. But I think it would be the more sensible thing to do something (even if you are traumatized) when your baby is about to get eaten by a giant stone dragon.

Zepplins...aren't those from WWII? Or am I confused?

I'm like Wrath alot less as the series goes on. But....I can't help thinking his awsome. He's meerly mislead. With his alchemy he could be the most powerful homonculi. I guess he's just stupid.

Gluttony is talking! Not in compleate sentences...and he's pretty repetitive...but he's saying stuff different from his norm. He does have more then 1/7 of a brain.

Ed is beyond the gate. Oh no! He left Al alone! Poor Al. The Kitty-Lovers Commune would do something if they knew where he was... the kitties are very sad without him...

Hm....CLIFFHANGER. *Grabs blow torch and tool box* Let us build a time machine. Er..we could use Archer for parts!
r315razor
This Episode had to of been like the greatest Cliff Hanger in the whole series... You have absoloutly no idea of what the hell is going on blink.gif
Dystopian Rhetoric
QUOTE(theothersin @ Mar 5 2006, 06:25 PM) [snapback]359003[/snapback]

Zepplins...aren't those from WWII? Or am I confused?

Nah, Zepplins were used to bomb Britain in a limited capacity in WW1. WW2 was all about bombers.
Colette
Yeeeessss, finally we see some more EdxRose *_* I'm a huge fan of this, in the anime at least. (Manga wise, it's quite obviously EdxWin)

Awww, poor Gluttony, he needs some love.

Ed pissed me off again. He didn't even mourn for poor Lust. Sure, he apologized to Gluttony, but other than that, nothing. Mourn already, pipsqueak!

I felt sorry for Wrath, though. But the comment "Kick the baby!" slipped out when Envy kicked him. >_> But when Envy beat him, I really felt sorry for the poor guy.

Archer and Izumi were awesome. >_>

To Archer haters- All Ed ever does is whine about his automail, at least Archer takes it like a man. tongue.gif
Joe J
Aside from all the spinning, that conversation between Ed and Dante was interesting in a bit of an ironic way. In it, Dante is debunking one of Ed's central beliefs. Looking way back to episode one, we find Ed giving a similar speech to Rose, trying to debunk her beliefs. Ed telling rose that there is no God is very much like Dante telling Ed there is no equivalent exchange (or justice to use a more accurate word) to the universe. She's accusing Ed of letting his faith cloud his view of reality like Ed was doing to Rose before. It's a complete 360 for Ed as a character, which might explain all the spinning. I have to say, I'm really impressed by the storytelling involved here. It makes me very optimistic that the ending will blow me away.

Peace,
Joe J.
Aleclom
Ooo, I like that interpretation, Joe J.
Colette
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Mar 5 2006, 09:51 AM) [snapback]358957[/snapback]

XD, those aren't out yet. Wait another...90ish years?

@Joe J- Good point, I never thought of that.
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Mar 5 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]359014[/snapback]

QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Mar 5 2006, 09:51 AM) [snapback]358957[/snapback]

XD, those aren't out yet. Wait another...90ish years?

@Joe J- Good point, I never thought of that.

Pfft, if the Fuhrer can get Mecha-Archer built than an XBOX 360 should be a piece of cake for his engineers.

Good point, Joe J. It's the old swith-a-roo for Edward now. I also have to agree with all the people who say poor Gluttony... he just wants Lust back.

Hey Anti-Archer group! It's still 13 to 3 and we got RoboArcher too. Still wanna oppose?
Joe J
Thanks, Aleclom and Colette... and boom.

I just realized another nice thing about that speech. Essentially, Dante has just said that even if you deserve to win, you might lose. If you expand that viewpoint to the whole series, that means that our heroes might not get what they deserve/want in the end. In most traditional stories, the heroes save the day because they work hard and get what they deserve (and the villians get their just deserts as well). Dante has just told us that this isn't that type of story, which means we can't predict what will happen. Anyone could die. Terrible things could happen to good people (they have already... Hughes, Nina, etc.). Up to this point, we could assume that Ed and Al would succeed in getting their bodies back. Now, we don't know.

It all takes me back to the point when I realized that this series was something special. There was that three episode run in which Ed and Al come to central and Ed gets certified, Nina is horribly murdered, and then Ed is almost killed by Barry. Just that one moment when Ed finds Nina's remains splattered on the wall, it's clear that this series is unafraid to go to really dark places. It's there that we realize that we are in dangerous territory, that anything can happen. Then, Ed is almost killed in the next episode, and it's extra frightening because we are aware that anything can happen, that Ed is not guaranteed to win. (Ed seems to realize that too, he looks like he's scared s***less.)

I just hope that they don't back away from this with the ending. There has to be some tragedy, but it would be nice if there's some good mixed in with the tragedy.

Peace,
Joe J.
Colette
A good point once again. [spoiler]And you are correct about tragedy happening but still good mixed in[/spoiler]

Also, look at Tucker. He spent a long time perfecting a human transmutation theory and worked hard to get Nina back...But he failed. He worked hard but didn't get what he wanted.
The Claw Alchemist
I loved the episode..
Im NOT reading any more spoilers.
Jedi28
Hey Anti-Archer group! It's still 13 to 3 and we got RoboArcher too. Still wanna oppose?

Episode 51 my Archer Lover! That's all I gotta say! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

So the preview for next week just showed the title and Al screaming? Now THAT'S the way to do a preview! In the Japanese I don't think Al ever screamed though. [spoiler] He was already too deep in denial. Screaming would have, in a way, acknowledged what had just happened. Al's reaction is just a complete rejection of what just took place, he flat denies it. [/spoiler]

As for Rose, if ya hate her now wait till you see how callous she is in episode 51. Not only is she TOTALLY callous but she proves emphatically that she never truly knew or understood either of the Elrics. If she had, even a little bit, she wouldn't have been such a callous jerk. It just goes to show, in my opinion, that she was more in love with the Ed in her head than actual Ed. And there's no statement of love OR friendship in the original Japanese. Rose tells Ed she's been waiting for him, he looks confused, and life moves on.
Hana no Kuroi
Good God, that episode was so strange...>_< I don't know if that's how it was or if it's the sugar I was on at the time that made it so strange, but I definitely enjoyed yelling at the TV...

Heh, Envy kicking Al around, who is bound...The thing that comes to mind is bondage...XD But what Al said was kind of sad, really...

Oy, Dante...I don't like her...-.-; She seemed like such a real freak when she was talking to Rose...No, not what she said, but what she was doing...She was getting a bit touchy-feely with Ms.LookimeI'minadaze...

And the spinning...Oh, yikes, the spinning was so irritating...I even yelled at the TV to make them stop, and the spinning stopped on Ed...XD But the most insanest thing ever was Rose and Ed dancing...And apparently dazed Rose is much straightforward...XD

And the Furher? I was telling that kid not to take the present, but...A train? I guess that's good, and not a bunch of weaponry. Which, by the way, does not look good on Archer...-.-;

And the last part? What the heck was up with that? Well, then again, it would relate to the episode name, but...o.0 Ed has no hair...Well, much, anyway...

My verdict on the episode: The strangest yet...
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Mar 5 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]359021[/snapback]

OF course I'm going to oppose!!! Numbers mean nothing..it all comes down to strategy (we learned that with Alexander the Great laugh.gif )!!! What did Izumi say..."I'd rather rot in hell!!!" I hate mecha-Archer....need...to....killl...... mad.gif Nothing against you guys in the Archery Club..you're all great....just.... *cracks knuckles and puts on bullet proof vest* it's personal.....

@Joe J: Great points!! Yeah, Dante's like the cold, hard truth. Ed expected everything to work out because that's what he was working for over the course of the past 4 years...but he was blind-sided by the first law that he failed to realize that there are loopholes.... But at the same time, Dante brought up the alchemy exam..and how everyone tried to pass, but only one can...so where's the EE for everyone else? Well, arn't they all better alchemists because of all of the effort that they put into it? I mean, once they learned all of that information and retained it...it's theirs alone, and they become better off for it, even IF they arn't state alchemists. *scratches head* but..it wasn't what they were working towards, so i guess that doesn't make it equivalent, does it??....I dunno... It's like reality is the paradox of alchemy....and that's kinda sad. Oy....Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.... But you think Ed looks scared sh**less?? Frankly, it looks to me like he's pissed off..that he was nieve enough to believe all of Dante's lies...and now he just wants his brother back.... Of course, if you are referring to the part where he's being chased by the army of zepplins...then...yeah...i'd say "scared sh**less" is a good way of putting it.... laugh.gif

EDIT:

Word of caution, to this tale...
IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU, AND YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE WHOLE SERIES....AVOID THE SPOILERS AT ALL COSTS!!!! they may seem tempting and fun...but you're too close to the end now...you made it this far without knowing what happens....DONT DO IT...
Aldebaran135
So after their little conversation in Lior, Dante acquired the hots for Ed and decided that he'd replace Hohenheim as her immortal lover. Is that why she went along with delaying the attack on the city? She helped Ed send the letter, and even gave the "halt" order to Pride. I guess she was afraid that Ed would be killed during the stone creation while trying to stop Scar, and decided to wait until he could be kept busy by Sloth.

Seems like an awful big risk to take after all that planning, but I guess even Dante would hate to spend immortality alone.
Nepharski
Why is everyone giving Bradley crap about his present? When I was a kid, I thought model trains were totally awesome, and Bradley's looked rather state of the art. For a ten year old, I think that present would more than suffice.

Envy, you sadistic psycho. Why everyone loves you so, I'll never know.

Why did Russel have to yell "COME BACK ALIVE!" It just seemed so...yeah.

Poor Gluttony. His lust is gone. sad.gif

Dante isn't being very sympathetic ("You don't have feelings." "Homunculi don't have mothers.").

Is it just me, or is Rose in some kind of trance or something? See seem almost drugged.

Submit to the will of the OverArcher, fools! New World Order, here we come!

Lots of odd angles this time around.

That floor thing Dante made... ubar H@xxor!

And did Hohenheim adopt a son or something? That's the one thing I don't get.
Jedi28
QUOTE(Aldebaran135 @ Mar 5 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]359077[/snapback]

So after their little conversation in Lior, Dante acquired the hots for Ed and decided that he'd replace Hohenheim as her immortal lover. Is that why she went along with delaying the attack on the city? She helped Ed send the letter, and even gave the "halt" order to Pride. I guess she was afraid that Ed would be killed during the stone creation while trying to stop Scar, and decided to wait until he could be kept busy by Sloth.

Seems like an awful big risk to take after all that planning, but I guess even Dante would hate to spend immortality alone.

I think it was her way of trying to get revenge on Hoho, "Ha, reject me will you? I'll just go after your son then!"

Nepharski- No, Hoho didn't adopt anyone. All shall be revealed next week. smile.gif
Animeoldtimer
Good episode! I agree that the spinning was dizzying rolleyes.gif but effective for what Dante was saying. How did Hohenheim make a life for himself so quickly on the other side of the gate?
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 5 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]359092[/snapback]

Why is everyone giving Bradley crap about his present? When I was a kid, I thought model trains were totally awesome, and Bradley's looked rather state of the art. For a ten year old, I think that present would more than suffice.

Aww..he's the son of the most powerful guy in the state...he should have gotten more than a freakin' train!!! It's STUPID!!! And look at that GREAT party he gave him...what, with all of the attendants just standing there...yeah...smashing party, eh govoner...hahaha laugh.gif I'm tellin' ya..he should have gotten a pony. mad.gif

Is it just me, or is Rose in some kind of trance or something? See seem almost drugged or something.

Nah..she's been out of it since Lior fell...she's basically useless. She couldn't have been drugged...she danced awftly well...she's just....yeah....she was probably out of breath because she had a hoop skirt and corset on....and then she got even more quiet when she found out that Ed doesnt love her. What a moron.... rolleyes.gif
Jedi28
QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Mar 5 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]359102[/snapback]

Good episode! I agree that the spinning was dizzying rolleyes.gif but effective for what Dante was saying. How did Hohenheim make a life for himself so quickly on the other side of the gate?

That's not really explained, it's one of those things you'll just have to accept.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Mar 5 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]359108[/snapback]

Aww..he's the son of the most powerful guy in the state...he should have gotten more than a freakin' train!!! It's STUPID!!! And look at that GREAT party he gave him...what, with all of the attendants just standing there...yeah...smashing party, eh govoner...hahaha laugh.gif I'm tellin' ya..he should have gotten a pony. mad.gif

Well, I don't like horses, so I'm a biased opponent. tongue.gif

In case none of you noticed, Salem seemed perfectly happy with his gift.
Jedi28
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 5 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]359114[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Mar 5 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]359108[/snapback]

Well, I don't like horses, so I'm a biased opponent. tongue.gif

In case none of you noticed, Salem seemed perfectly happy with his gift.

That's what YOU think! smile.gif And what's the deal with one measly present? The Fuhrer is cheap! He didn't even include cars, just the engine.
Hana no Kuroi
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 5 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]359092[/snapback]

Envy, you sadistic psycho. Why everyone loves you so, I'll never know.

Yes, Envy is a psycho...I lost my respect for that homunculus...Poor Wrath.

And I felt so sorry for Gluttony... sad.gif It's like he couldn't live without her...

Colette
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Mar 5 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]359108[/snapback]

Is it just me, or is Rose in some kind of trance or something? See seem almost drugged or something.

Nah..she's been out of it since Lior fell...she's basically useless. She couldn't have been drugged...she danced awftly well...she's just....yeah....she was probably out of breath because she had a hoop skirt and corset on....and then she got even more quiet when she found out that Ed doesnt love her. What a moron.... rolleyes.gif

So much counter posts to do about Rose-hating....so little time ;_;

She's in deep shock of all that's happened to her. Go experience all the crap she had to deal with and tell me how you feel, okay?
Nepharski
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 5 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]359115[/snapback]
That's what YOU think! smile.gif And what's the deal with one measly present? The Fuhrer is cheap! He didn't even include cars, just the engine.

Looks to me like Salem lives in splendor every day of his life. His mother and father love him*, and he has servents to look after him. Besides, who said that was the only present? Or that there wasn't a party. Remember, we only see the goings and comings of the Bradley house for about a minute. Who's to say they didn't throw a party with more presents later?

*[spoiler]Till episode 51 anyway, wherein my respect for Anime Bradley is vastly decreased.[/spoiler]
Jedi28
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 5 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]359124[/snapback]

Looks to me like Salem lives in splendor every day of his life. His mother and father love him*, and he has servents to look after him. Besides, who said that was the only present? Or that there wasn't a party. Remember, we only see the goings and comings of the Bradley house for about a minute. Who's to say they didn't throw a party with more presents later?

*[spoiler]Till episode 51 anyway, wherein my respect for Anime Bradley is vastly decreased.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] If you've seen 50 and 51 then ya know there wasn't any party. Instead there was BAD stuff for poor little Salem. I felt sorry for that little kid. [/spoiler]

Edit: Let's see how many Envy fans are left after next week! biggrin.gif
vfdj42
[spoiler] So many things happen next episode! Envy acting like Hughes and Marcoh FREAK ME OUT. Envy seriously mindbleeps Ed. As for the preview, that was...wow.
On a lighter side, NINJA STEALTH ROY. [/spoiler]
Jedi28
QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Mar 5 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]359154[/snapback]

[spoiler] So many things happen next episode! Envy acting like Hughes and Marcoh FREAK ME OUT. Envy seriously mindbleeps Ed. As for the preview, that was...wow.
On a lighter side, NINJA STEALTH ROY. [/spoiler]

laugh.gif mindbleep? What the heck is a mindbleep? laugh.gif I'm still laughing over it and I don't have a CLUE as to why!
vfdj42
Mindf***. Like psychological torture.
Jedi28
Ah, I see. I like it! biggrin.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 5 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]359143[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 5 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]359124[/snapback]

[spoiler] If you've seen 50 and 51 then ya know there wasn't any party. Instead there was BAD stuff for poor little Salem. I felt sorry for that little kid. [/spoiler]

Edit: Let's see how many Envy fans are left after next week! biggrin.gif

ahem...as for the party... [spoiler]of DOOM!!! yeah...that's a lousy way to end a kid's birthday....way to go dad...the worst present for little Salem was saved for the end.....which is the REAL reason i want to hit Bradley with my wine bottle <insert angry face here> [/spoiler]

And as for Envy....he's just got a few issues to work out...that's all..yeah....issues Envy----> wacko.gif

@Summoner Colette: Err, if Rose wasn't soo weak-minded in the first place and believed everything she heard...she wouldn't be in the land of the body snatchers right now.... tongue.gif She should have left Lior when Ed told her....
Colette
She did, she thought Dante was a good person, and followed her. tongue.gif

And leaving Lior when it was being attacked would have been terrible, because she would have left behind all those kids that were counting on her.

Everybody says Rose is weak. But if she was, why would should stand up to that military officer?
Popogeejo
Err, if Rose wasn't soo weak-minded in the first place and believed everything she heard...she wouldn't be in the land of the body snatchers right now.... She should have left Lior when Ed told her....

Ed never told Rose to leave Lior.He told her to find her own parth in life.
CHUA!
yeah hey i see that like lotsa ppl r reading this right now so if anyone's twitchy, ep. 50 is on google video (its subbed) I can't believe i missed ep 49 T.T
Molecular Alchemist
Ed told Rose that she has "good, strong pair of legs..she shoud get up and use them". Yes, she should have found her own way...but seeing as how Lior was going to the pits, and the guy in power was a fraud (she HAD to realize that by then), she should have known that it was time to pack it up and head out. tongue.gif

As far as those kids go...for all we know, they were prob with their families until the military came in and stormed the place..and then she took them.... They knew the military was coming....the very presence of Ed being there was a dead give-away...she had nothing holding her there...since Kane was dead and whatnot..she should have just left.

And wouldn't YOU stand up to a military officer when you have no other choice. Fight or flight.....at that point, she already made her choice to stay put. Aand when there are a bunch of military people blocking your exit, what good is screaming going to do?

And yes, she followed DAnte because she trusted her...but...at some point you have to come to a realization that something's not right. By the end of the show, it's like...she chooses not to think anymore. She doesn't even care that her baby was snatched up by that floor monster..and when Ed gives it back to her, she's just like "oh, my baby".....people can say that she's in shock..but she spoke to Ed in the tunnel...she spoke to him while dancing...she's just a little bit off the deep end... And she's NOT a stupid girl...she should have figured a thing or two was screwed up with the place she was in long ago....

I'm sorry people...nothing against you guys personally...but...anime Rose really gets under my skin...in a bad way... dry.gif
Jedi28
Hey, I just noticed that the English version of Episode 49 is up on YouTube. Don't know why, or how it got there so fast but it's there. Quality ain't the greatest but if you missed seeing it, it's better than nothing! smile.gif

Molecular Alchemist- Yes! Someone else who is as irritated by Rose as I am! biggrin.gif Yeah, she does seem to know how to turn the trance on and off whenever she wants doesn't she? Especially in episode 51 [spoiler] Oh lookie, I'm cured. Hey Al's gone, oh well, let's go Ed. [/spoiler]

Also, you'll notice in the Manga AND the Anime she was confronted by Cornello's plans and the truth behind him and STILL chose to follow him out of her own selfish desire to have her boyfriend brought back. And THEN she was enough of a hyprocrite to accuse ED of being selfish.
CHUA!
Ooh i watched a lil' bit of ep. 50 just now but thats it no more. Pride fans, he's not that mean to his son: its not that big of a deal but its something

[spoiler]Pride gives his son a key to his treasure in the safe[/spoiler]
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 5 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]359199[/snapback]

Molecular Alchemist- Yes! Someone else who is as irritated by Rose as I am! biggrin.gif Yeah, she does seem to know how to turn the trance on and off whenever she wants doesn't she? Especially in episode 51 [spoiler] Oh lookie, I'm cured. Hey Al's gone, oh well, let's go Ed. [/spoiler]

Also, you'll notice in the Manga AND the Anime she was confronted by Cornello's plans and the truth behind him and STILL chose to follow him out of her own selfish desire to have her boyfriend brought back. And THEN she was enough of a hyprocrite to accuse ED of being selfish.

HaHAaa..I'm trying to avoid ep 51 but [spoiler] yeah, it's like.....oh look, yeah...Al killed himself...oh well, I still have YOU Ed...let's get out of here.
AS for me....*sniff sniff* I smell something fishy, don't you??? XD [/spoiler]
At long last..here i thought that i was the only one that felt this way, but you agree *hugs*
Colette
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 5 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]359199[/snapback]

Hey, I just noticed that the English version of Episode 49 is up on YouTube. Don't know why, or how it got there so fast but it's there. Quality ain't the greatest but if you missed seeing it, it's better than nothing! smile.gif

And you'll notice that after Ed left Izumi he STILL wanted to transmute his mother out of his own selfish desire to have his mother back.

Ed IS being selfish, he did not stay behind to help restore peace to the village. He just got up and left because he didn't get the stone.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Mar 5 2006, 05:33 PM) [snapback]359210[/snapback]

And you'll notice that after Ed left Izumi he STILL wanted to transmute his mother out of his own selfish desire to have his mother back.

Ed IS being selfish, he did not stay behind to help restore peace to the village. He just got up and left because he didn't get the stone.

AS for Ed's mother...true, and he did it and paid the price...and he was like..10. As for restoring peace...as far as Ed knew, Cornello was gone...and it wasn't his place to tell the people how to run their lives. He's an alchemist, not a dictator. HE got up and left because he is part of the military, and he had orders to follow, and he had to report back to Mustang..because if he didn't he and his brother would have been taken off the phil stone project and given other things to do. Ed still had duties...it wasn't his job to fix it...as far as he knew, the town was fine when he left it (remember he was in the dark about the uprising until ep 40-something)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.