Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are You A Vegetarian?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Asakura_yoh
I am vegetarian.. But not long term one.. >.> Right, for some reason ^^
hitokiri
interesting.... the amount of robots is higher than that of the vegetarians
Bling_bling_Angel
I'm not a vegetarian... I see no point in it, unless you've a health problem that demands that kinds of diet...
Kihaku
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 14 2004, 12:18 AM)
interesting.... the amount of robots is higher than that of the vegetarians

Yeah.. I noticed that too. tongue.gif
Wow, we're really a minority...
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
Tthat would suck to be a vegiterian, no mc donalds or burger king or white castle or! Omg that would just suck O_o
Kihaku
There are vegeterian burgers.... biggrin.gif
But yeah, I used to like hamburgers, but I rather feel better about myself.. and at least I'll avoid junk food then biggrin.gif
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
laugh.gif, i don't avoid junk food laugh.gif but i do work out every other day so my great body makes up for it laugh.gif lol
Kihaku
Um, really? blink.gif Well good for you then! biggrin.gif
I train almost everyday, don't um.. really... eat junk food and I still am what I am... argh. Some of us aren't that lucky!
RoyxRiza BigFan
i read from accounts that pork is a worse disease carrier if not cooked properly
Zio
I am not a vegetarian and I never will be. I like eating meat too much.
Fullmetal Elric
i don't think i could handle being a veggie very long. i hate veggies to begin with XP i don't mind the occasional salad though and its good in chinese food tongue.gif but i love meat too much.........mmmmmmmm...... niu rou mein
Kihaku
QUOTE(RoyxRiza BigFan @ Dec 14 2004, 08:47 AM)
i read from accounts that pork is a  worse disease carrier if not cooked properly

ooh... good for me biggrin.gif I'd be sure to cook it wrongly, if I ate meat. tongue.gif
water_alchemist
im not a vegetarion...
i don't think i could last without eating meat...all that protein..is very good for you or so ive learned from studing the food pyramid in health laugh.gif
Slashrose1010
lol. Higher learning at work. Kihaku's a vegetarian? That's cool. My brother is a vegetarian. I have to say I may be one some day too. All the stuff he says about meat, it's disgusting. How they put steroids and hormones to pump up the animals for more meat. How cows are forced to bear babies to produce milk year round. And when the babie sare born they are usually slaughtered for veal. Yeah, I think I will be a Veg. when I grow up. Of course I won't tell him this becasue I don't want to give him the satisfaction.
DarkWater Alchemist
not a veggie, but I don't like red meat and pork meat full of fat... I often eat vegetarian meat replacer thingies...
Kihaku
Slashrose: Glad you think it's cool! biggrin.gif I mostly get negative opinions from people....
I think it's also great for a guy to be a vegetarian. I remember a boy in secondary school.. I thought it was admirabe that he followed his principles while I was still debating.

DW Alchemist: Yeah! That's what I did (okay still do) before! I rarely ate meat, but I had to eat a little when I was still growing.(not that I grew much anymore tongue.gif ).. or something or other, but at least I got to eat a lot of vegeterian stuff too! biggrin.gif
water_alchemist
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jan 1 2005, 12:06 AM)
lol. Higher learning at work. Kihaku's a vegetarian? That's cool. My brother is a vegetarian. I have to say I may be one some day too. All the stuff he says about meat, it's disgusting. How they put steroids and hormones to pump up the animals for more meat. How cows are forced to bear babies to produce milk year round. And when the babie sare born they are usually slaughtered for veal. Yeah, I think I will be a Veg. when I grow up. Of course I won't tell him this becasue I don't want to give him the satisfaction.

slashrose...i think your gunna make me a vege after reading all about the meat stuff...
one more reason why you might want to become a vege:
when they grind the meat in a big bowl....other things go into the batch of meat. Rats are atracted to the smell so they go into the bowl and get grind up with it...Also bugs get mixed up with the meat wacko.gif ph34r.gif

so maybe it is better to be a vegetarian...but i couldn't live without protein from meat..i think wink.gif
Kihaku
You do get protein from beans and meat substitute products. So that's not the biggest of your worries smile.gif I'm more worried about the vitamins... but so far I seem to be doing fine! biggrin.gif
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Jan 1 2005, 10:49 AM)
You do get protein from beans and meat substitute products. So that's not the biggest of your worries smile.gif I'm more worried about the vitamins... but so far I seem to be doing fine! biggrin.gif

That's good, Kihaku.

I have deep respect for vegetarians. It shows great discipline and conviction.

I, myself, eat meat. I can't help it. My mom makes really good meat dishes.
Le Monkey
i couldnt give up a BIG JUCY RUMP STEAK,
Far too good to give up, i do respect veggies though
also_cursed
I'm also a veggie. My two year no-meat aniversary is coming up in April!! TOFU PARTY!!! tongue.gif
I honestly don't miss eating meat. Alternatives like tofu, beans, eggs, etc. are so much healthier and safer, and just as yummy. I used to be a huge carnivore (my dad was doing the low-carb thing and eating nothing but steak) until I got converted by one of my friends. I don't have any strong convictions about animal rights, but I do see it a big perk of not eating meat. Mostly I'm just a health nut. wink.gif
I could never be a vegan though. (ie. eat no animal products: eggs, milk, etc.) My friend tried it recently and gave up after a week. I don't know how a vegan would get their vitamins/minerals.
Le Monkey
i think they would get them from vitamin tabletts or powders mixed with H2O
Black Rose
I admire vegitarians but I'd find it hard to give up meat at one time I was seriously considering it
Kihaku
mei_tenshi: Ooh thanks! biggrin.gif Positive opinions are always good! biggrin.gif

also cursed: You're having your aniversary already? *sighs*.
I'd have to celebrate mine with a tofu party too wink.gif Pity that I can't cook.
Hmm.. I was more of an animal rights person. tongue.gif Well just that I didn't want to eat "my friends".. I didn't think it would actually be healthier... Sometimes I'm scared it isn't. I don't miss meat either, but I never was much of a meat lover.
I sometimes have dreams when I accidently eat meat or someone forces me... spooky ph34r.gif

Ooh.. already 4 votes.. Just some time ago I was the only one to vote "yes" wink.gif.
FrogStroganoff
Yeah i don't eat meat...but i do drink milk and eat eggs. If anyone's familiar with the Christmas lamb/goat tradition well thats where my problem started. I raised the lamb, gave him a name and even taught him to open his pen. Then one fateful day he was shot, gutted and hanging from a line in my back yard...
xrninja
QUOTE(FrogStroganoff @ Feb 16 2005, 06:10 PM)
Yeah i don't eat meat...but i do drink milk and eat eggs.   If anyone's familiar with the Christmas lamb/goat tradition well thats where my problem started.  I raised the lamb, gave him a name and even taught him to open his pen.  Then one fateful day he was shot, gutted and hanging from a line in my back yard...
[snapback]115463[/snapback]

aaahh. yeah, that's enough to prompt most people into forgoing meat. ph34r.gif
nvrgoin2happen
im a veggie...but i do dairy...send me a message sometime or send me and im...rockeranimechick
ai
Kyashi
AA battery
@@; it's hard to give up meat...
Kihaku
QUOTE(FrogStroganoff @ Feb 16 2005, 07:10 PM)
Yeah i don't eat meat...but i do drink milk and eat eggs.   If anyone's familiar with the Christmas lamb/goat tradition well thats where my problem started.  I raised the lamb, gave him a name and even taught him to open his pen.  Then one fateful day he was shot, gutted and hanging from a line in my back yard...
[snapback]115463[/snapback]

That sounds absolutely horrible!
It reminds me about what my mother once told me. She had a pet rabbit, but her mother killed it and the family ate it... well besides my Mum of course. She never ate rabbit meat although she sometimes still eats other meat....
hidden_death
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Feb 20 2005, 05:23 AM)
@@; it's hard to give up meat...
[snapback]117840[/snapback]

it is.
phoenix dying
I have never given up meat, and never will. I've eaten pleanty of different kinds of meat......
The Man Who Laughed
I'm not but 2 of my sisters are.I only yell at the youngest because the middle is 6ft tall so she dosen't need to eat anymore.I say everyone should indulge on red meat and milk until they are 18.Then you will be as big as your gonna get so you can eat what you want.No offense but if your a veg head all your life you are gona be a scrawny under devopled shrimp
Yes, I am. I wonder who the other 5 who voted yes were.. possibly Jaganshi =/ too bad she doesn't frequent teh site much... My brother is also a vegetarian. He influenced me to become one now, but I had lpanned to by the time I was in/out of college. I am a total animal freak, I am especially a cat person smile.gif I don't see how people can slaughter a pig for food but you would be shunned and punished for doing it to a cat '__' You should be able to kill all or none.
mongooseboi
nope, i eat meat/fish daily
alchemist x
I always eat meat. In fact the nachos I had had meaty cheese
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I was a vegetarian for two years. In that time I lost a lot of weight and was constantly sick. I ate alot of protien substitutes like tofu but my body couldn't handle it so I started eating meat again and I'm much healthier now.

Humans are naturally omnivores so not everyone can become a vegatarian succesfully.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 20 2005, 02:45 AM)
Yes, I am. I wonder who the other 5 who voted yes were.. possibly Jaganshi =/ too bad she doesn't frequent teh site much... My brother is also a vegetarian. He influenced me to become one now, but I had lpanned to by the time I was in/out of college. I am a total animal freak, I am especially a cat person smile.gif I don't see how people can slaughter a pig for food but you would be shunned and punished for doing it to a cat '__' You should be able to kill all or none.
[snapback]219600[/snapback]

dry.gif That was so totally Slash.

I'm not a vegetarian but I'm not a fan of meat in the least...Nor do I like how people treat animals. But I can't live without meh bacon & Wendy's chicken nuggets ph34r.gif
@Mini: =/ Oh well, at least you tried. Hehe, I like being a vegetarian though :3 and I haven't really declined in weight or health... hehe, I am not sure how much weight I could lose without becoming nothing though tongue.gif

@Celes-chon: ohmy.gif Oh my, who is this Slash you speak of? I don't know, but he sure sounds sexy smile.gif
Kihaku
Heh, I also like being a vegeterian and I'm probably actually healthier now. wink.gif.
I wish I could have started earlier. In fact I asked my mother today about that, and she said that she hadn't let me before, because I was growing or something...
*shrugs*
Aqua_Alchemist
Wow I'm surprised this topic is still alive.

Well I don't know if any of you have heard my tales of the persecution animals face in battery farming, and I'm too tired to recount it now, however it's my main reason I steer away from ALL meat that isn't organic. If it were all battery farmed I'd be a vegetarian. In fact I broke my oath at a friend's birthday barbeque.....I threw it all up an hour later, just contemplating what I was eating. If everyone stops eating this horrible source of food, then maybe these denizens of evil, who call themselves farmers (but are not) may stop this battery farming. I have been eating more Quorn food recently, however I find it more expensive than other meat. If more people ate Quorn it's price would be lowered, so come on guys buy it up lol smile.gif . Even in an indirect way it does wonders for animal rights.

Heh, I also like being a vegeterian and I'm probably actually healthier now.

Eating as a vegetarian is better for your health. Less fat, less chloresterol etc and you can get all the nutrients from a good vegetarian diet as you could in a carnivorous one.
Ed#1Fan2.0
i am not a vegitarian.i eat meat. ohmy.gif
zombie
im not but my mum is
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 20 2005, 03:40 PM)
@Celes-chon: ohmy.gif Oh my, who is this Slash you speak of? I don't know, but he sure sounds sexy smile.gif
[snapback]220326[/snapback]

sleep.gif; Now I'm sure.

I know exactly what they do to animals, but it doesn't make them taste any less good :3 I disapprove of it sure, but just because I don't eat meat won't make it stop.
Satsuka
I feel sorry for animals,but I'm not a vegetarian.
romellbrown
QUOTE(Satsuka @ Jul 22 2005, 04:50 PM)
I feel sorry for animals,but I'm not a vegetarian.
[snapback]223486[/snapback]

Not me, they were placed here for our disposal. Whether it is for sustainment or for decoration.
Berserker Alchemist
Im a meat eater...;__; Is that wrong..?
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Slash @ Jul 20 2005, 01:40 PM)
[snapback]220326[/snapback]

That was low. Really low.
Automne
I'm a vegetarian but all the rest of my family eat meat and that's kinda annoying for me. When I think of the way men treat animals, all need of eating meat leave me. My parents say I must eat it because it is good for my health...They're annoying, can't they shut up! dry.gif
Berserker Alchemist
And...they eat it in front of you? o_O;;
Kihaku
The rest of my family eat meat too.. my food is made seperately, but occasionally my Mum or Dad eat vegetarian food too (not my brother though. XD)
Luckily they don't bug me about it. It was really annoying when some of my friends did though. They even said that it's annoying if vegetarians would try and get them to give up eating meat, even thought they were doing the same thing. tongue.gif
But I suppose they're used to it now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.