Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's The Worst Injury You've Ever Gotten?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
FMA-Freak
I think mine was when I got a concussion. I got hit with a golf club. They even had to put staples in my head.

Oh, and if you want could you please say get well to a friend for me. he goes to my school and his foot was runover by a train. he had to get it amputated. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Celestial Shadow
The worst I ever got was...A really deep scrape that left a scar on my arm, near my elbow. Yes, I am very a very athletic risk-taker as you can see.
Molecular Alchemist
My worst injury....err..OH! When i lived on a farm, I had to move a bunch of heavy things...and I ended up giving myself a hernia and alot of internal bleeding and scar tissue...yeah...that kinda hurt...alot sad.gif

@FMA-Freak: I hope your friend gets better...my injury pales to thiers sad.gif sad.gif
Black Zero
A sprained finger. (I have sprained my finger 27 times so far since school started, I did it so much I have gotten used to it.
Taskinst
the injury i every got was when i was six and my mom was making bacon. i tipped over the pan and the oil fell all on my arm and feet
But my arms and feet okay now though biggrin.gif and i still love bacon
FullMetal Shrimp
I once had the trunk of a car slammed on my finger... I was 4 or 5 at that time. It hurt... A lot. I still have the scar on my finger today.
Riza Mustang
having a seam ripper slash a long deep scar on my thigh.... the scar is still visible to this day....
Tombow
*Trying to think which one was worst...*

I guess when I was a kid, and stepped on a board with a 9-inch nail, barefoot, (don't ask me why.. I was only a kid laugh.gif ) and ended up with the nail piercing through my foot and sticking out upword. Yikes. sad.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 6 2006, 12:24 AM) [snapback]359368[/snapback]

*Trying to think which one was worst...*

I guess when I was a kid, and stepped on a board with a 9-inch nail, barefoot, (don't ask me why.. I was only a kid laugh.gif ) and ended up with the nail piercing through my foot and sticking out upword. Yikes. sad.gif

Owwwww...that happened to me....mine was a rusty nail too (that was festering in a manure pile)...and i had to pull it out of my foot/sandle...and hobble back to the house....err...where i got rushed to the hosp...YAY tetnus shot mellow.gif
theegreatone
I stabbed myself in the artery in the wrist at work.
Smoke Alchemist
Mine would have to have been when I was three and I burned myself with boiling water that was on the stove...Yes idiot. I remember everything that happened, I don't think I will ever forget. If I smell anything that reminds me of the burn cream it makes me sick! I have a slight scar on my right arm...Still very lucky I did not get burned on my face O.O
Tombow
QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Mar 6 2006, 01:40 AM) [snapback]359377[/snapback]
Still very lucky I did not get burned on my face O.O
So true. smile.gif

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Mar 6 2006, 01:35 AM) [snapback]359374[/snapback]
YAY tetnus shot mellow.gif
GAAAH, bring back that part of memory!! WAAAH!! laugh.gif
(Yeah, I had to do that, too. Like adding insult to the injury... huh.gif )
Popogeejo
I've been temporarily crippled by Chicken pox,broken my arm and fell out of my loft.I haven't had anything intresting in ages.
Quistis88
My worst injury occurred a long, long time ago (cf. Motorcycle incident)

It's not described in much detail there, but my skin was peeling off, and it was pretty close to a second-degree burn or something. The scar still hasn't faded.
Ronaldo Rodregez
Probably when a chunk of my lip was dangling by a thread. My tooth went though it when I bumped into someone HARD. They were luckily able to save it.
Mrs. Justine Elric
My worst injury was twisting my left ankle. That hurt like crud and thank goodness my ankle reminds me. But I haven't twisted my ankles (both of them) since the last time I did it.
Black Zero
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Mar 6 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]359503[/snapback]

I've been temporarily crippled by Chicken pox,broken my arm and fell out of my loft.I haven't had anything intresting in ages.

D@mn, you were having a pretty horrible month there wern't you?
KiorujiXeroxGurl
I have a lot when I was little.. I got myself a scar on the face when I was a baby when looking at the iron.. My mom told me that she has just finish irioning clothes when I walk in my walker to the standing iron my mom had put on the highest shelf! I was SSOO curious coz I see my face in that shiny iron.. It is still hot though, and I pulled down the hanging wyre and.... it landed on my face... Wow! That sure is a hot sensation of feeling! laugh.gif Then, I cried like hell.. My mom was to blame for not taking care of me carefully by the doctor.. Aww.. poor my mom.. It was actually my fault.. I wasn't naughty, but TOO curious.. tongue.gif But she didn't care as I was a baby at that time.. But gladly the scar wear off as I grow up.. rolleyes.gif

Then there was this hot bowl of soup, and I was hungry.. Again, in my walker, I went to the table to reach it! And I was so hungry, I pull the tablecloth down! And guess what? My hand was burnt.. Ouch! That sure does hurt a lot.. (AS baby skin is very sensitive!) And again my mom is the one to be blame.. Funny, she didn't feel mad at me at all.. Maybe because she love me? tongue.gif Hehe..

Anyway, I had another accident, when I came back from school.. I was ten at that time, and Jinxie my sister is only five.. She was so happy and exicted when I came home bringing her some snacks for her, she jump wildly up and down under me.. And she hit my chin and broke my front tooth into two!! AARRGGHH!! That really does hurt! I cried all day.. And the hardest part of all.. I can't chew anything cold on the front of my tooth coz it gives me those cold bites to it!! Until now, I had to suffer eating ice-cream and drinking cold water with a very tingling sense in my tooth and jaws.. It really does hurt.. But I don't blame my dear Jinxie, as she was little at that time... laugh.gif

There were a lot of injury that I had experience, but I think, I'll tell you guys later in my next post kay? See ya! smile.gif
siner
the worst injury ive ever gotten was being bit by a dog laugh.gif
MasterKris
I got burned by a icon in my leg in 4th grade right before my orchestra concert. My mom was ironing my concert clothes and accidently contacted the iron to my leg. I put ice on it, then it got all purple-ly and the burned skin looked like even the slightest touch will peel it off. Some of it DID peel off in recess, and then one day the kids in my class all noticed my burn and stared at it.... blink.gif

Another is when I was at my cousin's house in a town. As I was going down the stairs, I accidently tripped and fell down the stairs as I rolled and scratched my leg. The blood didn't came out, instead a white, thick ooz came out. The pain was so horrible....
edsgirl
My brother pushed me out the back of a truck when I was little. I don't remember anything about it, but my brothers still joke about how funny it was, because my dad didn't believe him and kept driving for like a 1/4 mile.
KiorujiXeroxGurl
Oww.. That sure does hurt edsgirl! Scary too! Did you get any bad injuries? I hope not! Sheesh! I can imagine it!

Hrmm, here's another injury story of mine.. I was in kindergarten, and I rode a bicycle with my elder sis cycling it. She was a worst bicycle cycler! We were going to a shop to buy some bread and stuff for mom, when suddenly, she trip over a rock and the bicycle wobble like hell and my sis can't balance it well so I fell into this big open drain. But she manage to jump from the bike! What a mess.. Luckily my head wasn't injured, eventhough I bump my head to the wall of the drain.. I broke my left arm and got some bruises here and there.. I had to plaster my arm and everyone just stare at me at the nursery.. huh.gif The part that I got myself mad is, my sis didn't get any scratch at all from that fall, as she has jumped away from the bike, leaving me alone on it, falling into the drain.. And the hardest part is, the drain is really gross and smelly!! Aww man! What an unlucky girl I am at that time.. The scar I get from the fall at my left hand has stained there until dead apart us.. It was quite a big scar, and I always had to wear long sleeve shirt to cover it.. Damn it you big sis!! mad.gif But, all was forgotten and we live happily ever after! The end! Heh! rolleyes.gif

P/S: Sorry if I say it quite long..I was kinda bored.. Hehe.. laugh.gif
Black Zero
It's ok, but, atleast you learned those things the hard way. Sometimes it is easier to learn it the hard way than somebody tells you, because you don't know the experience. When you know the experience it huts but you end up feeling good inside because now you officially know for yourself and had a personal experience.
KiorujiXeroxGurl
Yeah, I got your point! Thanks Black Zero!
Black Zero
U are very welcome.
Chibka
My worst injury(ies) had to be when I was little and still quite dumb... I stood behind people when they were swinging things like a baseball bat and golf club. The bat gave me a concussion and they golf club gae me 7 stitches... Now my head is uneven from the concussion and my ear is permanently scarred and a little deformed from the golf club... sad.gif Sad, but I'll get over it...
wolfy519
I was go-carting and after i was done I turned it off and not knowing the engine was still hot I put my arm down on it and got a First degree burn close to a second.It hurt sad.gif
Ichigo-HiME
Those all sound pritty nasty =s The worst thing i think i can rember having is when i came off my horse, grased the side of my face into one huge scab and pulled all the muscels in my nack and upperback.
I'm sorry to here about your friend, he must be finding that quiet hard right now. So i hope he feels better and recovers soon.
MasterKris
When I was once in the swimming pool, I was playing around and pretending to dive. I dove into the 3 foot section (yah, I was stupid) and bump my face hard into the pool floor. My face was bleeding all over, nose, mouth, forehead, etc. Good thing it was summer break, or I would have never faced school with a face scratched all over....

Another one. There's this swing in my backyard, hanging from the balcony. I was swinging on it then as I was up in 90 degrees angle, the rope broke and I fell down and got this HUGE blister.
Toby-Chan
I hardly get injured, surprisingly. I don't know if having my molars removed counts, but that's about it.

The worst accident... probably the time I got a pussy willow stuck in my ear and had to go to the hospital and get put under for them to remove it without puncturing anything. (Yeah... I was a curious kid...)
Black Zero
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 8 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]360467[/snapback]

When I was once in the swimming pool, I was playing around and pretending to dive. I dove into the 3 foot section (yah, I was stupid) and bump my face hard into the pool floor. My face was bleeding all over, nose, mouth, forehead, etc. Good thing it was summer break, or I would have never faced school with a face scratched all over....

Another one. There's this swing in my backyard, hanging from the balcony. I was swinging on it then as I was up in 90 degrees angle, the rope broke and I fell down and got this HUGE blister.

That was really smart.
Today someone choped my are while I was playing basketball so now my shoulder hurts (it kinda hurts to type but as they say no pain no gain). You might ask what is to gain and the answer is getting used to it like I did with spraining my finger.
Fayth Prophecy
Let's see...I broke my arm when I was five, Broke my collarbone when I was 6, sprained my ankle countless times, jammed my finger while playing volleyball in 6th grade, and the list goes on and on. With very long and detailed stories behind them^^ So, I guess all of them are my worst injuries^^
Black Zero
Amazing, how did you break your collarbone?
KiorujiXeroxGurl
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 9 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]360467[/snapback]

Erghh.. Your swimming pool incident is REALLY scary MasterKris! I've went to the swimming pool before in the 3 foot section too! But I was learning to swim with my uncle at that time! It was really hard! As I drank lots of water an almost drown! (Yeah, everytime I get into that situation, my uncle had to pull me up quickly!) And after a while, I've learn swimming and diving nicely! I'm so happy! smile.gif But then I realised I had this bump on my head, and it's really blue! I don't know when did I hit the floor of the swimming pool, maybe when I was diving? blink.gif Well anyway, it was nothing serious.. After having a few days of dizziness, the swollen worn off.. laugh.gif

Swings eh? Yeah, I got an incident from there too! It was a playground swing, and I was having fun when the swing went higher and higher! It feels like I'm flying! I went into 90 degress angle too, but the chain didn't brake! BUT...... I let go my grip from the chain and put my hands in the AIR!................Luckily....I was alive.. At that time, I flew over this BIG tree, and I tought I'm gonna land there! (Actually, the tree was infront of the swing!) But then.. I went over it and landed on the grassy ground!..... WHAT A SENSATION FEELING! biggrin.gif I feel like I was flying, with very happy kiddie smile! As I landed, a few grownups who saw the accident came to me to see if I was hurt. Saying that I'm okay! They were very shock as they did not know what to say when they see me walking away like nothing has happened! Back home I told that story to mom! Mom was very worried, and check me if I am okay. Yeah, and I didn't great any bruises at all!! What a miracle! Maybe I was meant to feel how it feels like to fly, because I always hope to feel it! laugh.gif My wish ws granted! Yeah but still, I got a lil' dizzy after that HIGH fall though.. tongue.gif
Chiyo
Erm I haven't done too badly actually (touch wood). The worst I've had would be went I went over the handle bars on my bike and landed on my chin. I skidded for about a metre. Pulled most of the skin away and I had to have stiches. Still got the scars, on my hands and knees too from it.
lisa22k
I once broke my arm by riding into my Dads car, and I was playing bumper cars once and one of my friends hit me into the metal fence around the playground. I hit the top of my eye. I have a little line on my eyebrow thats a scar.
wolfy519
I just remembered this one, Lets see where to start off........Oh yeah I was about 8 or 9 at the time and me and my freinds were climbing pine trees, so here I was climbing up the big pine tree got to the top and the branch at the top couldn't hold my support, it broke and I fell down hit the ground..........(hard) and broke my arm, and now I hate pine trees mad.gif im just glad nothing worse happend than breaking your arm.
Oh I hope your friend gets better to.
Galorfilinde
When I was little, like 6 years old, I ran to the fence around our school and grabbed it. But I didn't see a peak on that fence, so it pierced through my hand. Compared what injuries you have had, it's not such a big deal.
I also ran at the swimming pool once, and I slipt and fell on the back of my head. That hurt.
animefreak_zzz
do injuries in the heart count..?? smile.gif

well...there was once i was walking at the sideline of an oval shaped swimming pool..
at the side-line of the pool...it was kinda like a mini drain for the excess water to flow in..
onli..the problem with this one was that the covers were made of plastic strips placed closely side by side..
i was walking went suddenly i juz went down into that small drain..
apparently, there was a fault line on the plastic bars that has weakened that part of it..
so when i stepped there..it totally broke..and one if them was sharp enough to pierce through my knee..
it was a rather small pierce..like onli 1cm of went in..
but i did bleed alot.. dry.gif

haha...thats about it.. blink.gif
Fullmetal19
Well I did the exact same thing as Quistis on a bike exept for that thing about the dress. Also I got my thum stuck in a door and slammed it so hard the went purple. Then in started fallin off which hurt but no too bad, but when it was barely hangin on I jumped off something at a playgroung and it got cought on something and riped off. Another Injury was when i was sledding down a hill and i hit the ground so hard I think it was my chin thet broke my collerbone (i dont no it happed too fast all i knew was my collerbone was broke).OH and when i was 4 i had this big wooden train thingy with a string i threw it up in the air and yanked it back down needless to it landed squarely on the top of my head. My mom came over and looked at me and i was fine so she went back the the computer and 5 min later she looked at me and i had blood all over my face wacko.gif I could go on an on but i'll stop here. tongue.gif
Sharingan Serpent
Broken Anckle and I missed the whole summer sad.gif
FMA-Freak
Yay! More replies! Anyway, I once fell from a non-moving vehicle(I was young, about 5) and I broke my left arm. How stupid. And once I got my fingers completly stuck in the garage door. It wasn't for my dad,(I'm serious) my fingers would have fallen off. My moms a doctor, so she said I was REALLY lucky. Well, not fallen off, but probably had to be amputated. mellow.gif
Chiyo-chan
i was running around in d backyard(this was when i was 7) and chasing my
older bro for pulling some sorta prank on me(i 4got). So then, i wasn't
wearing any footwear(shoes, slippers, etc.) whatsoever and then i felt it, it
was like i pierced my foot, i didn't really kno what was wrong at first,
but i did kno that my foot hurt and that it was bleedng, so i looked at it and
saw-- a nailthat had went inside my foot halfway through!! ohmy.gif WAHH!
thank god my mom's a doctor! TToTT and one time, when my maid(i was rich
in d Philippines- stil rich now!XD) was cutting a few weeds on my fam's front
lawn(with a really,really big scissor- we like to use those in d Philippines), i
went to help her, but... instead of helping, i cut my hand(like half of it) with the scissor!!
God, was my hand bleeding like there was no tomorrow!! again, thank god my mom's
a doctor!! TTToTTT i can still see d mark it left- and that was when i was 9!
Fayth Prophecy
QUOTE(Black Zero @ Mar 9 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]360739[/snapback]

Amazing, how did you break your collarbone?

Oh that was easy. I fell out of bed and onto a high heeled shoe.
Roy-Riz-fan
My worst injury was when I was 5.I got three of my fingers(on my left hand im left handed) skin scraped from messing with a treadmill.luckly, it healed,but I still have some scars from it.Darn u treadmills dry.gif
Suzume^
I got my worst injury when I was 7, and had just started school. We were playing tag, and I was running away, shouting something like "catch me if you can" behind me. So, I didn't look to the way I was running. And.. I ran into a tree. And got concussion of the brain. And lost consciousness. Well I think of it now, it sounds pretty funny. biggrin.gif I didn't even go to the hospital, so it wasn't anything really serious.
DustStorm
I broke my collar bone skateboarding a year ago. I think that's the worst injury I've gotten.
HybridAlchemist
i was riding down a hill with my friend, pressed the brakes and the bike flew down the hill....along with me....i broke my arm,my hip was bleeding,my knee, and my head was bleeding a little
Migchao
Once, I got bitten by a red ant in the eye after P.E when I was nine. In math class, I screamed, "OOOOOW!" and grabbed my eye. Red ants hurt! I had to get an ice pack and eat in the main office because I was teased like I had a disease in fourth grade, I was pulled out of the cafeteria and kids would ask: 'Can I see?' 'Ooh, I'm happy it wasn't me!' and sTuFfZ like that and I couldn't eat my empanada. The P.E teacher got in trouble and the school got all of the ant piles exterminated and the whole school refrained from P.E. She hated me after the ant thing because she got in trouble for not caring properly of a child blink.gif. If I was in sixth grade, (which I am now) all the kids are nice and they would be coming and saying 'Omigosh, are you OK?' 'I would have cried!' 'Can I see? Oh, that must hurt.' 'I'll help with carrying your things to class, all right?' sTuFfZ like that. They're great.
Another time, I was in like fifth grade and I got home from shopping on Saturday. I decided to skate in the backyard with my brother and my friends. Well, I had my skates on when I went inside to drink some water, and I came out and put it on the table. But I forgot about the two steps leading into the huge part. I fell and twisted my arm. I was screaming so much.
Another time, I was playing with knives. I threw one in the air (I was eight) and it fell...AND STABBED ME ON THE ARM. It was so bad I didn't even cry, it was numb. I pulled it out and the feeling came back, but I cried so much. No stitches, though. The doctors couldn't because I squirmed aroun so much and they decided bandaging was more efficient. But really, it hurt...
And again, I was ten and riding with my dad on his motorcycle. I was getting off, and I got the ugliest scar you will ever see because my ankle connected with the engine. I didn't even cry...it was like a second or third degree burn. The scar was brown and all shriveled up...then it turned greenish...and bubbly green boils and poop-colored brown...and started to peel...and fell off while I was taking a shower! I picked it up and flushed it down the toilet. But I still have a barely-visible scar, and boy, do I hate motors.
hayley_beth
I broke my nose 3 times. It has a flat spot now and bleeds if I barely bump it sad.gif I also had my front teeth kicked out by a donkey.
I think the nose was worse in long term.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.