Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's The Worst Injury You've Ever Gotten?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Tombow
When I was small, my left middle finger was caught in some machinary, and my middle finger got split lengthwise, up to about the length of the nail.
I got them sawn together, but I still have a visible big split at the fingertip of my middle finger. Yikes!! sad.gif
Chibka
A little over a year ago, I snapped two of my toe bones in half. Luckily enough, I didn't need surgery tongue.gif

They just healed all bent off to one side... dry.gif And now I can't wear sandals without getting stared at...
ed's numbuh 1 fan
hmm...the worst injury that i think i've had is when i got half of my toenail craked and slammed in a car door (the door did it) at ful swing too, i was about...9 or 8 or somthing it was really bleeding and my nail grew funny for like a year and then it straightend out (it had this bump on it sad.gif ) it was freaky! o_o

and they're was another, i think i mentioned this one other time on the forums here where i flew of a bike but i did'nt really get badly hurt exept that i almost broke my nose and my arm and mabye my neck O.o oh and i got a mouthfull of freash mud, mmmm =_=
Jo21
Well... when i was in my fourth grade, i went to a park and started cycling. suddenly, i fell down and my face hit the ground. I got a scar on my face but it is gone now.
I got a scar on my arm which is near the shoulder. i got it at febuary this year when cycling again and fell to a drain cover which had a + on it. in the end, i also had a + scar on my arm.
My dad got bitten by a dog when he was young. lol. biggrin.gif
kaizenyorii
i partially tore my stomach muscle in grade 11 somehow from playing soccer. when breathing hurts for like 3 months you know you fucked yourself up good and you need to lose weight
MeLRizA
hmmz, mine may be counted as not so bad to those really bad ones... got scalded by boiling water, it splashed all over me when i was 5; burned by hot iron on my hand at the same age; ran past a blade and got a deep cut on my leg (bled non-stop); fell down with 5 bruises; and fell on the pavement, nice huge sctratch on my left leg... laugh.gif guess not that bad ehz...
but i didn't cry a lot... jux sobbed...
Smoke Alchemist
yikes some of these are pretty bad...and i complain that I have a faint scare on my arm from where I accidently spilled boiling water on myself >.<
Carnal Malefactor
When I was 16 or 17, I hit my pinkie toe against the corner of my bed one night, turning it into a bloody mess. The nail got ripped right out, and I couldn't wear regular shoes for about 2 weeks.
Chiyo
QUOTE(Void @ May 5 2006, 09:42 PM) [snapback]390834[/snapback]

When I was 16 or 17, I hit my pinkie toe against the corner of my bed one night, turning it into a bloody mess. The nail got ripped right out, and I couldn't wear regular shoes for about 2 weeks.

Wow, a lot of people hit their toes against things but you certainly came out worse blink.gif
Migchao
Well, my friend fell while running around the house and she hit her head on a piece of REALLY hard furniture. She has a bump on her head...
I once got ran over by a dog before! I mean, really, it was a really big dog, too, my cousin's dog. I was playig fetch and the animal came at FULL force. My knee was scraped and my thigh had a paw mark on it. I was bleeding on my hand......and don't complain when YOU get run over by a stampede!
Carnal Malefactor
I think my right foot might fall off soon. I've tweaked that ankle a few too many times. unsure.gif
Keoni
Eeww! *shudders* That all sounds pretty nasty.

I got my worst injury when I was 17. I fell of a horse. It went left when I thought it went right. (stupid really dry.gif ) I broke 4 ribs. The worst part was that broken ribs hurt every time you breathe...
Water Achemist
EIther when I was really little stuck my hand in a garbage can full of cans and needed to get stitches on my pointer finger, or a couple years ago when I fractured my ancle playing tennis...
asunder
I've been irradiated....several times on different occasions.....by accident.
alchemist x
Um... Well, I stubbed my toe thismorning. Does that count? lol
JoshP1389
QUOTE(asu @ May 6 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]391348[/snapback]

I've been irradiated....several times on different occasions.....by accident.

were u live???? chenrobyl??? lolololo

Maybe you might have certain health defects that might be good. Have you seen your doctor? This kind of stuff interests me since in bio we're studying genetics.

Today I got hit straight on the forehead with a baseball. Sure, it hurt, but the pain's gone now. There's a big read spot left though. :/ Just hope it's gone before Monday.
ed_drink_your_milk
I've had little luck with pavement. The first time was in about 2nd grade. We were playing soccer and another kid tripped me. I hit my head on the pavement and had to be carried inside, butluckily it wasn't much more than an annoying lump.
The second time was in 5th grade where we were playing football. I went to a tiny Charter school from kindergarten until 5th grade and we couldn't afford to have a gym so we had to play everything on pavement, so we decided to play touch football. My friend, forgetting how much smaller I was than him, touched a little too hard and ripped open my knee.
Lysander
My worst was when I was 3 and I jumped from the top of the stairs, my parents rushed me to the hospital. Luckily I didn't get hurt, not even a scratch. tongue.gif
Grave_Alchemist
A broken arm while snowboarding
Vash_the_Gunslinger
When I was in the 3rd grade, we were playing kickball and I was the pitcher. We were playing with the 4th graders because they missed half of their recess that morning. Anyway, there was this huge fat kid. I pitched the ball and he kicked it straight in the air. I started running to the ball and this fat kid was slow. I was in between home plate and first base when the fat kid ran into me. I broke my collar bone.

Another injury was by my friend in high school. We were in a tournament far away from our city so we stayed at a hotel. When my friend woke up he walked to the door to go down and get breakfast. He then opened the door and tried to walk out. His left foot it the wall that's right next to the door. He broke his big toe and made a hole in the wall.
Bolt
I've been injuried many times! I have scars all over my body... from the little one on my face, and the huge ones on my chest... The worst was probably the one I got on my left foot when I was 5. I was stupid enough to walk across a glass door that was laying on the ground. huh.gif Anyway, I cut my foot wide open and could see the bone and everything... I had to get stiches... sad.gif Just the other month I ran across some broken glass and cut the same foot open... more stiches... sad.gif
Colette
Probably a tie between the time I slammed my hand in my dad's truck door (broke my hand) and the time I tripped over a sprinkler head and fell down a hill. (Broke my ankle)

I'm not the most graceful person in the world.
Satori Seiji-Elemental Alchemist
I broke my arm once in preK, once in 3rd grade...and I broke my own heart when I broke up with my BF.
Popogeejo
I mangaed to brake my arm while I was asleep. I was two and in daycare. Being the livly lad I was, I was sleeping in the middle of a rooms. Some dumb kid apprently stepped on my arm.
Good times...If only I could remeber them....
Sharingan Serpent
I guess we all get injuries when we're younger too...when I was five I was playing with my dad in the garden, he swung me round until I dislocated my arm...I screamed my head off and had to be rushed to hospital...they had to relocate it...I remembered the pain...My parents said that they were almost deaf...
Packy
Once when I was about 6 or 7 I was bit in the arm by a german shepherd mix... Thankfully I didnt need stitches or anything from it, but I still have a scar... And then a few days after that I got smacked in the face with a volleyball and had one of my front teeth knocked out... And in 5th grade during the winter I was walking around in circles in the snow and slipped on a big huge ice chunk and cracked my tailbone. Since then i've bruised it a few times in 6th and 7th... Oh, and another one when I was little. When I was 3, I ran right into one of those stone pillars that some Target stores have, and in 3rd grade I ran into a wall...
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Pack Lackey @ Aug 29 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]438568[/snapback]

Once when I was about 6 or 7 I was bit in the arm by a german shepherd mix... Thankfully I didnt need stitches or anything from it, but I still have a scar... And then a few days after that I got smacked in the face with a volleyball and had one of my front teeth knocked out... And in 5th grade during the winter I was walking around in circles in the snow and slipped on a big huge ice chunk and cracked my tailbone. Since then i've bruised it a few times in 6th and 7th... Oh, and another one when I was little. When I was 3, I ran right into one of those stone pillars that some Target stores have, and in 3rd grade I ran into a wall...

Your a klutz. Or just uncordinated tongue.gif
bananaphone
My worst injury was definatly the time I had a small firework go off in my hands when I was 6. I was holding on to it too hard and since I always have a ton of static electricity in me it caused a reacation. It completely burnt the palms of my hands and I wasn't able to hold things properly for quite a long time. Ever since that I have had to use a grounding wristband when I handle things that can do that.
Matt Perry
Worst thing..

Fell off a cliff, in a car, got wedged between two trees however half way down the cliff. As a cliff I mean a very steep hill that was quite a ways down in the forest. Dumbo me had no seat belt on, rammed right into the window (Only broke the glass did not go through it(luckily))

Concussion. No serious brain damage.
Roy Jr.
Simple. My bunjee cord snapped while we were in Indonesia on vacation.
The jump was little bit low so I didn't die.

Broke my neck, left forearm and my right ankle.
That was a year ago.
000_neji
When I was young,I got hit by a motorcycle,I almost lost my right feet but luckily it didn't.
ScarMySoul
I'd have to say, when I was seven I was playing on a brick wall about 2 feet high. I lost my balance and fell off and hit my left knee on the edge of the bricks and sliced it open down to the knee cap. What's ironic is that it happened at a friends house who was a doctor and my uncle is a nurse and they sewed my knee up in the bathroom.

hahaha random.... laugh.gif
DarkHaze
i had surgery on my head. stitches i remember vividly about the blood and stuff *shievers
Packy
I almost forgot too. When I had my first dog, Penny, I was playing with her and then she bit me on the ear blink.gif It hurt... It was a pure accident though since both of us were gettin' a lil rough... What can I say? I'm gonna die young if these injuries keep up...

And i'm not sure if this counts, but my friend in school punched the glass of one of those old gas pumps out and had deep cuts on his right hand which went down to the bone...
Dark-Shadow
a broken arm, leg, and wrist....it hurt
The Lightnig Emperor
Whoa!! for me my first worst injury is being hit by a car, accedentaly i broke my arm,fracktured a rib bone, and i stumble to the ground hard. my nose was bleeding and i think that i was going to die, but i was lucky.
i spend 2 month on the hospital.. that day to me was unforgettable moments and i can still remember it...
Freya_Elric
when i'm playing football then i fell down then

i broke my leg

a big scar too.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Freya_Elric @ Sep 26 2006, 06:33 AM) [snapback]451567[/snapback]

when i'm playing football then i fell down then

i broke my leg

a big scar too.

That's discouraging. sad.gif
link182
Well I was really good at ceramics (It was going to be my major). The ceramics class had just fired the wood kiln, and I had some pots and odd stuff in there.(we normally use a gas kiln, once a semester we fire the wood kiln.) so we get all of the stuff out of the kiln just fine, up the ice covered hill, down the long hall way, and up the stairs without breaking anything. the I grab all of my pieces (some 20 odd). And then I take them out to my car. Witch was on the complete other side of the school. So I drive home. (I still live with my family.) I get home and my mom starts to look at all of them and, see one that was from the beginning of the semester and it was ugly and miss shapened. (and pink!) So I get this really stupid idea the break the pot. I punch it (I'm in martial arts) nothing happens. so then I use a palm heal strike. That works. BUT!, I when I hit it only part of it broke, the other part became a sharp edge of hurtfulness. My wrist hit the edge of hurtfulness, and it slice open my wrist and then blood goes every where. My mom takes me to the ER. (on the way there I had passed out due to lack of blood.) So I wake up and look around and think "where am I?" the I remember what had happened. I look at my wrist witch is covered. There is a 3 & 1/2 inch long gash on my wrist and when I tried to move it nothing happened. So I try to think rationally. They would of had to use some Novocain or something, and they did. Some of the nurses thought that I had tried to kill myself. (but I didn't. Hence all of the words before this point.) but after talking to me for awhile they said that I was good to go and the Novocain should wear off with in a few hours so I go home and go to bed, I wake up the next morning and look at my wrist and think it wasn't a dream. so I try to move my hand and I can't move it. We go back to the Er and the doctors take a look and do some tests and they find out that I had cut my nerves. So I can no longer use my right hand or, do ceramics. I can move it a little bit now, but I still cant feel anything. So now I have switch over to using computers for a major.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(link182 @ Sep 26 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]451613[/snapback]

Well I was really good at ceramics (It was going to be my major). The ceramics class had just fired the wood kiln, and I had some pots and odd stuff in there.(we normally use a gas kiln, once a semester we fire the wood kiln.) so we get all of the stuff out of the kiln just fine, up the ice covered hill, down the long hall way, and up the stairs without breaking anything. the I grab all of my pieces (some 20 odd). And then I take them out to my car. Witch was on the complete other side of the school. So I drive home. (I still live with my family.) I get home and my mom starts to look at all of them and, see one that was from the beginning of the semester and it was ugly and miss shapened. (and pink!) So I get this really stupid idea the break the pot. I punch it (I'm in martial arts) nothing happens. so then I use a palm heal strike. That works. BUT!, I when I hit it only part of it broke, the other part became a sharp edge of hurtfulness. My wrist hit the edge of hurtfulness, and it slice open my wrist and then blood goes every where. My mom takes me to the ER. (on the way there I had passed out due to lack of blood.) So I wake up and look around and think "where am I?" the I remember what had happened. I look at my wrist witch is covered. There is a 3 & 1/2 inch long gash on my wrist and when I tried to move it nothing happened. So I try to think rationally. They would of had to use some Novocain or something, and they did. Some of the nurses thought that I had tried to kill myself. (but I didn't. Hence all of the words before this point.) but after talking to me for awhile they said that I was good to go and the Novocain should wear off with in a few hours so I go home and go to bed, I wake up the next morning and look at my wrist and think it wasn't a dream. so I try to move my hand and I can't move it. We go back to the Er and the doctors take a look and do some tests and they find out that I had cut my nerves. So I can no longer use my right hand or, do ceramics. I can move it a little bit now, but I still cant feel anything. So now I have switch over to using computers for a major.

That's a very detailed account. Nice sig too. smile.gif
Ana~Banana~bel
The worst injury i ever had was when i got a chicken bone stuck in my throat for a half hour. THAT was weird. It occured to noone to do the heimlich manuever on me and i couldn't speak for about a good 2-3 days afterwards. It popped out after I did the heimlich manuever on myself by accident lol.

Getting a large rusted nail through the center of my foot isn't far behind either or the time i slipped and nearly did a split, pulling thigh muscles and banging my knee, my weight falling full force on it, which causes till this day for me to be able to stretch my leg out only to a certain point.

Yea...good times.
Hanozo
Hmm when I fell down a Hill while riding down it on my bike.........I think my breaks were broken at one time and I just fell off and skidded on my right arm and leg down the hill for awhile. next thing i realize a puddle a blood (not that big) is where my right arm and leg are >.< I had trouble getting back home but luckly I had my friend with me so he hauled his and my bike while I had to struggle to stand <____<.

Yea and so on so on I had to wear bandages for like 3 weeks and it was in the begining of summer vacation too.
link182
QUOTE(Vash_the_Gunslinger @ Sep 26 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]451828[/snapback]

That's a very detailed account. Nice sig too. smile.gif

Thanks. (For the sig)
unknown teen
When i was younger me and my cousins were climbing a tree; i jumped to another branch but slipped and fell out and i have a big scar on my back from something scraping down it, it was really high and i didnt break any bones so i was lucky. Also getting hit in the head with one of the baseball bats, cause someone threw it behind them and it hit me in the face.
GREEDisGOOD
My worst injury sucks. I can't flip anyone the bird with my left hand anymore, as when I was five I got my middle finger cut off in a tractor engine.
Edsrhimp
lol I think the worst was when my hand got ran over by the sharp thing that moves the gate, cut right through my hand and I don't remember anything after that except waking up in the hospital lol.

Uhh

when I was looking for some tapes in the garage, it was really dark, I got stabbed by a nail barefooted, and something also fell on my head when I fell over, I don't even remember how I got out of the garage, but it happend a lonng time ago...

Uhhmm,

there's too much XD...

Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(GREEDisGOOD @ Jan 22 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]496555[/snapback]
My worst injury sucks. I can't flip anyone the bird with my left hand anymore, as when I was five I got my middle finger cut off in a tractor engine.

Wow....ummm....i.....don't think i can beat that..... sad.gif

The worst one that i ever had was when i knocked my perminant two front teeth out with a playschool scooter. Thank God for caps tongue.gif
Razzy
Ow... sad.gif

The worst one that i ever had was when i knocked my perminant two front teeth out with a playschool scooter. Thank God for caps

That happened to my uncle, except replace "playschool scooter" with "sidewalk"

I've never had any BIG injuries, but once,(when I was about 9) I fell out of my mom's car (it was parked, though) and I fell out of the trunk. I fell on my head (on the driveway), and I had a huge cut on my head and a black eye. (People called me "Harry Potter's cousin" all week because of the cut on my head laugh.gif)
Naivete
@unknown teen- Oooh the baseball thing happened to one of my classmates; during P.E, my friend was up batting for baseball and the girl just happened to be standing behind the bat as my friend swung the bat behind... Poor girl had a red-eye (literally) for a few weeks tongue.gif

Oh wait that's not exactly the same thing.. -__-

Biggest injury I've had was when I was playing with fire and accidently burnt myself T__T . A few days after that, some random boy ran from behind me and pushed me over with full force. Needless to say, I still have scars from both incidents biggrin.gif
Stealth
Well there was this time when me and my older sister had a big fight, I was trying to catch her and while going through a door way my toe got stuck somehow and I broke it.
But my sister and I are pretty much even now, because less then a month after that I broke her nose.
Itís ok now though, that was 5 years ago and we are the best of friends and only play fight sometimes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.