Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's The Worst Injury You've Ever Gotten?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
lunneth
bit through my lower lip and pulled out the part that connected my gums to my lower lip flap
Kale Mustang
Sprained my left knee when I fell off a skateboard, which left me with my ACL barely intact. Jumped and landed on my left knee funny -> this led me to completely obliterate the rest of my ACL.

Ended up having ACL reconstruction a few months after I re-injured the previous injury.
Aether
Split my radius and ulna through the middle, from wrist to elbow.

I did it skateboarding and was almost overdosed on morphine.
sidekick.kep37
I've never had a really, really scary injury, but I've had multiple of the same kind...

4 Sprained ankles:
- 1 in 3rd grade
- 1 in 4th grade
- 1 in 7th grade
- and 1 I don't remember when....

I don't remember which sprains were for which ankles eother..... tongue.gif oh well

EDIT: Oh look, skateboarding injuries.... now I remember one.... I was 9 and was trying for me first nollie.... I landed in a rosebush and bled all over due to the thorn scratches... Not pretty. I still have a few scars too.
animechOcO24
The worst I got was when I was little. When me and my twin brother were fighting over a bag of chips, I accidentally kicked the glass cabinet and the glass broke. Then, my feet was full of blood D: And my relatives took me to the hospital. That's all. biggrin.gif
SaMaster14
While sparring in martial arts, my kneecap dislocated, and I fractured a big piece of my knee(about 1" by 1 1/2"). I had surgery and the piece was removed(not fixed or anything, just removed). I was told I may never do sports again. But, being the confident and determined person I am... i did well with the physical therapy and endured the pain and suffering and now, a few months later, its like nothing ever happened, and i'm back in martial arts and sports.
ordinarycoconut
Hmm, my worst injury is between when I fell off of an office chair and hit my head, and broke my nose and got a minor concussion, OR when I was a kid my sister knocked into me and I hit right next to my eye off of the corner of a table. Had to get stitches.
zombie
My worst injury was....
Snapped my teeth or broken arm.
Both were bad enough at the time.
Aribelle
When I was 10 or 11 I was climbing out of a pool, and fell backwards onto the lane line and the hook used to attach it to the wall cut into my leg and I needed some stitches. I think that was probably my worst.
luluseason
When I was 11 or 12. I crashed into a fence whilst on my bike, and i bent the wristbone on my left arm.
It was painful. though it seems to be nothing compared to others here O_o
kimonodragon88
My worst injury had to be caused by my back muscles suffering from the stress of my dancing class. One day we danced for two hours straight and I was exhausted afterwards! A week later I was going to class and I picked up my schoolbag and felt a twinge in my lower spine. It didn't hurt right away so I thought nothing of it. A couple days went by and then spine began to hurt worse and worse. By the third day I was in so much pain I couldn't even move! It took me half an hour to get dressed. I didn't go to my classes for a week until I was able to move freely without much pain. However, I think it took me nearly a whole month to fully recover. Today, I still feel the discs rolling around in my spine. Not good, I know. But the inflammation is gone!
I-luv-FMA
My worst injury was when my head collided with a chair whe I was 4, I've still got the scar to prove it.

kkg22104
I'm not much of a risk taker, nor do I skateboard, so I've never even gotten a broken bone. And the only sport I did was swimming, which isn't dangerous at all laugh.gif Anyway, my worst injury was probably from 1st grade-ish, playing tag on the blacktop when I tripped. I remember there was blood everywhere, and I still have a little scar on my knee. (It's like nothing compared to the others...)
angelstar2408
I sprained my left ankle when I was in 5th grade during PE class.... tongue.gif Clumsy me... laugh.gif
That One Dude
A boy tripped me in music class and I fell on my chin, which made it rip open.

I fell on a boy's head in a pool, the scar on my chin re-opened AND spread.

Dog bit me on the arm, I had to get it stitched. Weird thing is, the dog had all its rabies shots and all, it just bit me for no reason.
amestris_star
Broken leg when I was 11.
patience
Hi,
When I was three I cut my arm open on a metal fence. It was bad, I was rushed to the hospital, I had to get so many stitches, and I had to wear a full arm cast while it healed. Still have the scars.
kazare
The time that I hit a concrete wall then I got a big lump on my forehead that i still had until now. . . .
Thalogens
When I was 7 or 8 a boy punched me in my mouth, and my front teeth kind of.. died. I didn't eat properly until they fell out :/

Last year while playing basketball in P.E. the ball fell on my hand weirdly and sort of dislocated/jostled the joints of my fingers and they went all swollen and were bandaged. Thats the worst of it.

Oh yeah, when I was a baby my sister banged my head on the door as she was carrying me. I don't know how thats affected me D:
KwiatekAlchemist
I've had two really bad injuries.

When I was 11, I fell off my horse and broke my left arm. It hurt so bad. D< I still remember that as if it was yesterday.

Two years ago, I pulled a muscle in my neck and I couldn't move it for about two weeks.
EniviD EiraM
so far, falling into the manhole left me a painful and embarrasing injusy in my memory .. sad.gif

how desperate of me ?!

Taylor95
When I was 11, I was running in the kitchen because I wanted to watch something and I was missing it. We have this thing with nails on it that separates my kitchen and dining room floors. I had a shirt that was made out of slippery material in my hand. I dropped the shirt and slipped on it and got a HUGE chunk of my knee ripped out by the nails. It hurt! I was just sitting there staring at it though. I ended up missing most of the show because I was sitting there with a chunk out of my leg. I still have a huge scar from that.
A Pierrot's Aria
I've never suffered any life threatening injuries but...

Once I flew over the handlebars of my bike when I rode through a puddle (stupidly) and now I have 3 scars on my knee. xD And the only thing I've broken in my life was my big toe just over a year ago. I'd like to say it was in an heroic act, saving a small child from being run over, but the truth is...I stubbed my toe rather hard on a loose cobble stone on the road. >.>
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Feb 16 2010, 12:47 PM) *
I've never suffered any life threatening injuries but...

Once I flew over the handlebars of my bike when I rode through a puddle (stupidly) and now I have 3 scars on my knee. xD And the only thing I've broken in my life was my big toe just over a year ago. I'd like to say it was in an heroic act, saving a small child from being run over, but the truth is...I stubbed my tow rather hard on a loose cobble stone on the road. >.>

Ouch that sounds terrible! I've done what you've done, flew over my handlebars, but instead of my knees being scraped it was my face that hit the pavement... wacko.gif

I think the worst one I"ve had is getting a rivett machine through the tip of my index finger shattering the tip..... yikes...
A Pierrot's Aria
QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Feb 16 2010, 08:07 PM) *
Ouch that sounds terrible! I've done what you've done, flew over my handlebars, but instead of my knees being scraped it was my face that hit the pavement... wacko.gif

I think the worst one I"ve had is getting a rivett machine through the tip of my index finger shattering the tip..... yikes...

Ouch!! That's awful! I'd have a total cow if something impaled my finger!

Thankfully, with the bike incident, I sort of managed to land on my hands and knees rather than my face...But you have just reminded me of another horrible injury I got. I was sat on a fence and I fell forward and my face hit the pavement. My nose was bleeding and I had cuts and bruises all over my face.

Also, when I was in a lesson of wood-works at school I was using the buffer. I just happened to be buffing a sharp piece of aluminium, and the buffer dragged it out of my hands, it span the metal round with it and it chucked it back out into my face. I've never used a buffer since, I actually felt and still feel more confident using a hegna saw. xD
Katya Martin
Despite being a total klutz and somewhat reckless (and having fallen off a horse many times) the worst I've ever got's been combinations of nasty scrapes and bruises. Kind of like a cartoon character, I guess-- not completely indestructible, but enough that life doesn't feel bad about beating me up, because I'll get better. tongue.gif
Billea_the_Turtle
When I was about 4 years old, I climbed up top my dresser. It fell on me and left a dent in my right ankle and scar on the other. Jeez, my ankles were almost crushed.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Feb 20 2010, 11:50 AM) *
[size=3][font="Book Antiqua"]Ouch!! That's awful! I'd have a total cow if something impaled my finger!

In all actuallity, it shocked me when it happened, it mostly felt like my finger got slammed in the car door but never came out lol.... The worse of it was when I got home and was trying to take my shirt off and the index finger got caught on the collar and straighted out.... I cried for an hour straight..... wacko.gif

Back to topic...... I've also broken my collar bone. Like a clean break and it healed in such an odd way, for example if you take your two index fingers and put one on top of the other, that's how it broke and eventually healed.... still gives me a bit of trouble in the winter happy.gif
phoenix dying
Simple Story from a few years back:

Truck into Tree

Busted My Guts

Two Surgeries

Months of Recovery

A few large Scars

______

But this is old news sleep.gif
I-luv-FMA
Recently, I had a nasty accident: I was hit by a car while riding my bike. Nothing too serious, just some stitches and I was back on my feet within 4 hours.
Envy's Lady
My dad accidently broke my arm when I was a kid...the break was near the elbow and really bad....and then the doctor didn't even fix it properly. Some nerves got pinched between the bone and I couldn't use my arm and it was extremely painful. And my parents trusted the doctor and didn't take me to a different doctor until it was too late and the nerves died. I had like no feeling in my arm and couldn't use it. I did stuff with just one arm for a while. They eventually did a nerve transplant surgery on me where a nerve I didn't need as much in my leg was put into my arm.
Lunar_Crescent_45
one of mine was when i was young and i tripped and some how got my tooth side ways through my lip i cant remember what it felt like but i think it was pain full

i have never broken an arm or a leg
EdokunEdo
I have never broken a bone, i have chipped my front tooth tho
Envy's Lady
QUOTE (EdokunEdo @ Dec 8 2010, 05:45 PM) *

I actually chipped one of my back teeth before by biting into a candy. It was a circular red candy I was given. It was hard like a rock. :S

I don't bite into hard candy anymore.
EdokunEdo
QUOTE (Green Eyed Envy @ Dec 10 2010, 05:08 AM) *

I actually chipped one of my back teeth before by biting into a candy. It was a circular red candy I was given. It was hard like a rock. :S

I was a little kid and running in the house before we had carpet, i tripped and hit my chin on the floor, then my tooth was chipped.
Oh also i had a tooth pulled out, they numbed it and it still hurt
Envy's Lady
QUOTE (EdokunEdo @ Dec 9 2010, 05:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Green Eyed Envy @ Dec 10 2010, 05:08 AM) *

I was a little kid and running in the house before we had carpet, i tripped and hit my chin on the floor, then my tooth was chipped.
Oh also i had a tooth pulled out, they numbed it and it still hurt

I actually chipped a tooth that way too but it was when I was a kid so it was just a temporary tooth anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.