Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 48-- Good Bye
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
vfdj42
I haven't seen this episode in a while, but I've been waiting for it to be dubbed.
Full Metal Elf
OH!! I can't wait....this is one of my top 5 favorite episodes, just because it's filled with the right mix of laughter, sadness and some action. It's just done so well, and I'm so excited to see the Dub. I really hope it's good....especially a certian part at the end....which I'm anxious for. Can't wait!!! happy.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 25 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]354759[/snapback]

I really hope it's good....especially a certian part at the end....which I'm anxious for.

Ohhhhhhh...I know EXACTLY which part you mean....and I can't wait *jumps and clamps hands* I really can't wait!!!! I just need to find some way to occupy my time until midnite laugh.gif
Jedi28
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 25 2006, 01:07 PM) [snapback]354787[/snapback]

I really hope it's good....especially a certian part at the end....which I'm anxious for.

Ohhhhhhh...I know EXACTLY which part you mean....and I can't wait *jumps and clamps hands* I really can't wait!!!! I just need to find some way to occupy my time until midnite laugh.gif

Nah, it's the part at the end of episode 50 that I'm waiting for! smile.gif Though, yeah, 48 is good to. smile.gif
Alchemic Boom
Woo, less than nine hours till it shows I believe. I love this episode, good humor, action, drama...and of course everyone knows why I really like it, eh heh...

Though really I think the best parts of today's episode is in the very beginning and at the end. Can't wait to hear the dub!
vfdj42
I'm not the only one waiting for Roy? o.o
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
oh yeah!!! i CANT WAIT for this episode to air on adult swim!! lol YAY!!!....LETS START THE COUNTDOWN!!!!!! lol (if you all want to..) happy.gif only 7 hours and 28 minutes left for me!!!! lol
Mikage_Elric
I saw it and It was cool Russel and Fletcher are back!!!!
Nepharski
This episode should prove to be interesing.

[Spoiler]Archery Club on stand-by![/spoiler]
Automne
QUOTE(Nepharski Posted Today @ 04:58 PM)
This episode should prove to be interesing.

[Spoilers]Archery Club on stand-by![/spoilers]

Ah, yeah, by the way, add me XP

[spoiler]For the little amount of episodes remaining before teh fall of teh terminator...or something...[/spoiler]
Jedi28
I don't get why anyone would like Archer. He doesn't really DO anything but randomly try to kill people! biggrin.gif
Arkangel7
I've heard the last few episodes are incredible from friends so I'm really stoked for tonight and the others.
Shi-chan
*clenchs fist and waves them in excitement* (>_<) Ohhh! You guy are making this episode sound soooo good! Now I'm even more excited! [I wasn't even aware that was possible] Can't wait! Can't Wait!

Time until the treh' awesome Episode 48: 4 hours and 24 minutes!
vfdj42
Episode 48 is the episode before the show starts climaxing. It's like a warm up episode, from what I remember. And there's some RoyEd bonding.
Jedi28
Yes, the last few episodes are definitely something else. One in particular, I guarantee will have all non-spoiled people creating posts along the lines of "AHHHHH!!! WHY ISN'T IT NEXT WEEK YET!!" biggrin.gif
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 25 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]354787[/snapback]

*jumpsupdownjumps* Can't wait!!! Arrrgg...time go faster! I'm going to cry I know it....actually, I know I'm going to cry for sure when I see Ep 51 dubbed (since I cried seeing it subbed).....T_T. God! There's also some nice Izumi/Ed moments...happy.gif.

And yes! Russell and Fletcher! mwuahahahaha!!! Hehehe...can't wait for that....Man, there are so many reasons I love this episode and I've been waiting forever to see it dubbed....(siiiigh)
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 25 2006, 07:00 PM) [snapback]354967[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 25 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]354787[/snapback]

*jumpsupdownjumps* Can't wait!!! Arrrgg...time go faster! I'm going to cry I know it....actually, I know I'm going to cry for sure when I see Ep 51 dubbed (since I cried seeing it subbed).....T_T. God! There's also some nice Izumi/Ed moments...happy.gif.

And yes! Russell and Fletcher! mwuahahahaha!!! Hehehe...can't wait for that....Man, there are so many reasons I love this episode and I've been waiting forever to see it dubbed....(siiiigh)

I agree!!!!! I'm gonna get teary-eyed...[spoiler] but 51's gonna be bad....I'm gonna cry again, just like with the subs sad.gif [/spoiler] Only 3hrs and 40 minutes!! happy.gif And I forgot about Russell and Fletcher..hehe...hahaha....MWAHAHAHA!!!
shadows_on_the_hills
I saw it and It was cool Russel and Fletcher are back!!!!

OMG i love this one!
Full Metal Elf
Oh God....ep 51.....it'll bad.....but, we still have a few weeks for that...(sigh)....Yes! There's like 3hrs and 20 minutes!!! *deep breath* happy.gif

Alchemic Boom
Just came back from a movie and just have to say during the whole of Final Destination 3 I could only think about tonight's episode. Only a few hours left.

Tringham brothers, wahoo. Bones brings back quite a few characters from the beginning of the anime around these episodes... Oh and also about this episode. Havoc and Fuery...I'll say more about this after it airs.

@SinLuxuria- Welcome to the Archery Club, SinLuxuria! Here's some complimentry items for joining. A can of Rust Bullet, a book on war and the lovely "Heil Archer" poster.
vfdj42
Yes, the last few episodes are definitely something else. One in particular, I guarantee will have all non-spoiled people creating posts along the lines of "AHHHHH!!! WHY ISN'T IT NEXT WEEK YET!!"

You mean the least one? q:
Nepharski
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 25 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]354985[/snapback]
@SinLuxuria- Welcome to the Archery Club, SinLuxuria! Here's some complimentry items for joining. A can of Rust Bullet, a book on war and the lovely "Heil Archer" poster.

As an added bonus, all Archery Club members are granted insurance, should their attempts to cosplay as Archer prover, err..."Successful."

Good to have you onboard SinLuxuria.

Why do we like Archer? Because he's just so good at being bad.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 25 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]355040[/snapback]

QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 25 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]354985[/snapback]

As an added bonus, all Archery Club members are granted insurance, should their attempts to cosplay as Archer prover, err..."Successful."

hahaha! Good one! laugh.gif

Only 1 hour 32 minutes to go.....arrr.... I just love how the whole series comes together in the end...and it doesn't become a confusing chaotic mess, which it could have been...concidering all of the characters introduced and plot twists brought onboard
Shi-chan
Oh yeah! We get to see Fletcher-chan again...not to mention Russel. This just keeps sounding better and better. *JumpsJumpsJumps* Oh! I can't wait!

Time left 'til episode 48: 1 hour 18 minutes!
Plscks
I can hardly remember this episode, but if it is the one with russel and fletcher, it's good
[spoiler]this isn't the episode with the zeplin is it, no i don't think so, that was really confusing though.[/spoiler]

and about episode 51
[spoiler]I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried. None of my friends thought that that was in the least bit sad as hell, It really got me when Ed is standing there and puts both of his hands over his heart, it was so damn sad. Lots of emotion.[/spoiler]
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(pslcks @ Feb 25 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]355087[/snapback]

I can hardly remember this episode, but if it is the one with russel and fletcher, it's good

and about episode 51
[spoiler]I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried. None of my friends thought that that was in the least bit sad as hell, It really got me when Ed is standing there and puts both of his hands over his heart, it was so damn sad. Lots of emotion.[/spoiler]

no, my dear pslcks..as far as ep 51 goes.... (for me)
[spoiler]you're not alone in the crying boat *jumps on*....it was sooo freaking depressing when he puts his hands over his heart and his head down *teary eyed just thinking about it*...it's just soo sad, yet touching to see such a strong bond between the two of them..and the desperation in his voice leading up to that part.... [/spoiler]

And in reference to your spoiler question, pslcks:
[spoiler]no, the confusing zepplin episode is next week....yeah...had to watch that one twice before i could watch the following epi...o_O[/spoiler]
Full Metal Elf
There's only like 15 minutes left!!!!!!!! YIPPY! *jumpjumpjump*....hehehehe...happy.gif
Jedi28
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 25 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]355099[/snapback]

QUOTE(pslcks @ Feb 25 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]355087[/snapback]

and about episode 51

no, my dear pslcks..as far as ep 51 goes.... (for me)
[spoiler]you're not alone in the crying boat *jumps on*....it was sooo freaking depressing when he puts his hands over his heart and his head down *teary eyed just thinking about it*...it's just soo sad, yet touching to see such a strong bond between the two of them..and the desperation in his voice leading up to that part.... [/spoiler]

And in reference to your spoiler question, pslcks:
[spoiler]no, the confusing zepplin episode is next week....yeah...had to watch that one twice before i could watch the following epi...o_O[/spoiler]

No, 51 wasn't complete without [spoiler] the end of 50. The end of 50 combined with the beginning of 51 up to about the halfway mark, I thought, was the strongest part. The most powerful scene I thought was actually just the flat out schocked look on Ed's face at the end of 50. That same shock carried over to Al, he doesn't even react much until the next episode. [/spoiler] Well, I didn't really give anything away in that spoiler but I don't even want to hint things away! biggrin.gif Okay, enough about 50 and 51, that's not for a couple more weeks! biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 25 2006, 08:00 PM) [snapback]354967[/snapback]

Oh yeah, forgot about that. It's gonna be another exciting epiosde!!
In about 15 minutes!!! smile.gif

BTW, this is OT to pslcks/Plscks: I guess you didn't see it in my last post, so...
I noticed your sig saying the following...
Please note that the name appearing is a typo, it should in actuallity appear as Plscks not pslcks, you may not see a big difference, untill you stop accepting it as just letters and actually try to read it for example, Plscks(Pul-scks) pslcks(piss-licks), damn typo. So to recap, as stated please note the note untill I figure out how to change it.

You can try posting on changing ID name thread, and see if Admins can change it for you. smile.gif
Full Metal Elf
Now I'm going to cry just thinking about it...T_T....man....*sobs*....Ep 51 is airing the 18th, right?...at least it should if I counted right...lol
Melydragon
Oh, for Kami-sama! It is so here!

Russell and Fletcher are back?! Yei!!! I love Fletcher! He is just do cute! And Russell reminds me of Jack from Titanic, jeje.

Only 8 minutes until they show the next episode! Better go make the popcorn! And get the tissues!
Tombow
I hope the board will stay on tonigh!!
(Crossing my fingers!!)
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 25 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]355110[/snapback]

No, 51 wasn't complete without [spoiler] the end of 50. The end of 50 combined with the beginning of 51 up to about the halfway mark, I thought, was the strongest part. The most powerful scene I thought was actually just the flat out schocked look on Ed's face at the end of 50. That same shock carried over to Al, he doesn't even react much until the next episode. [/spoiler] Well, I didn't really give anything away in that spoiler but I don't even want to hint things away! biggrin.gif Okay, enough about 50 and 51, that's not for a couple more weeks! biggrin.gif

Totally in agreement with the spoiler, and yeah, I hear ya.....before someone slips (like me), we should all calm down with the sp 51 chat.....we're too close to give anything away happy.gif

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 25 2006, 10:51 PM) [snapback]355112[/snapback]

Now I'm going to cry just thinking about it...T_T....man....*sobs*....Ep 51 is airing the 18th, right?...at least it should if I counted right...lol

yep....that's right after St Patty's day...[spoiler]we can all get drunk after gettin depressed from ep 51[/spoiler] CRAP, it's on!
Shi-chan
It's starting...in like 30 seconds... *.*
Wyrd_Raven
FEEEEEEEL!
Alchemic Boom
Opening is playing right now, the time has come! I'd usually be glued to the screen but yeah...thank whoever came up with recording. Anyhow Armstrong sounded really monotone and dead until he ripped his shirt off in my opinion. Then again I'm used to hearing the sub...
Jedi28
Is there anything to cry about in episode 48? I don't remember. I do remember that it's pretty poignant though. I can't believe you guys are posting and watching at the same time. I don't have the channel so I can't watch the dub until it comes out on DVD. Fortunately, I can watch the subbed version though! smile.gif

Tombow
Yeah, I'm watching and posting at the same time, in case the board goes off line in the middle of broadcasting, like the last couple of weeks. smile.gif
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 26 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]355128[/snapback]

Is there anything to cry about in episode 48? I don't remember. I can't believe you guys are posting and watching at the same time. I don't have the channel so I can't watch the dub until it comes out on DVD. Fortunately, I can watch the subbed version though! smile.gif

I cry tears of joy once the second half shows? Anyhow to comment on the first half...

Did Envy's voice always sound that feminine? No wonder a lot of people who've seen the dubs think he's a girl... Wrath's VA did awesome though, great emotion. Oh and of course I jumped for joy...well smiled when I saw Tucker. Forgot he was in this episode... He talks sorta bad about Alexander though. I don't remember that from the sub...

Ah second half is on- Hey look at that Havoc.
Jedi28
Actually, people may think Envy is a girl from the Manga. There's a point where Greed calls Envy a B---h, a word generally reserved for a woman, and Envy looks shocked and then gets really angry.

And yeah, okay, I can totally understand crying for joy just cause the episode is ON. biggrin.gif
Alchemic Boom
*Salutes* OUR LEADER IS BACK! Or...more of who we protect. Whichever way, Archery Club rejoice!

On the episode, I like how they changed Mustang's line. In the dub I believe he just says "Fullmetal" when Ed comes up. Maybe it's just the way of how he says "I'll be damned" now that makes it so great...
vfdj42
[spoiler] So I'm the only person who has never cried? I forgot what I did, actually. I think the closest I've come is during the movie, any one of the Roy scenes. But I'm not sure. [/spoiler]

Riza got all jealous in this episode. Heheh. And OMG IT'S ARCHER.
shorak
xD I think the last few episodes are the most intense, archer seemed to die really easily xD a few shots by whats her face. sad.gif too bad there wont be more episodes
Taskinst
How was it. Am mean i've seen it but not in english. I fell asleep waiting for it to come on.... come on people i need someone to tell me.
Was it good?
Sikiu-San
Come on guys, dont start giving little hints about epsidoe 51 DX 1. Its way too early 2. Your only making it torture to the people who have not seen it tongue.gif 3. somene might slip or others will start to make a connection with what happend. we want thoes who have not seen the subs to have their eyes bulging ot of their heads XDD
*cough* yeah i like this episode, the calm before the storm xD The Tringham brothers have given Ed a piece of paper that seems to have something very interesting on it, wonder what it could be ph34r.gif I always loved the Roy/Havoc switch and Furey as Riza! xDD Archer is back with his "I must destroy everything because thats the twisted thing that i am* Dx Where is the group that wanted to take down Archer >_>?
Oo wait a second xD did they show a preivew for next weeks episode? I cant remember >_>
Full Metal Elf
T_T...OMG!....The dubbing was amazing!! I was so impressed, and this episode kept me on the edge of my seat as usual.

The moment in the car at the end between Ed and Roy was just....incredible. I loved the fact that they were finally having a real conversation for the first time tongue.gif. But then I got so depressed and sad when they said Good-bye to each other T_T. I've watched this episode a million times in Japanese, but I still LOVED the English.

And Russell and Fletcher....mwuahahaha....Oh, I loved seeing them again. There was some funny moments between them happy.gif.

And Archer the terminator...bwuahaha. Hehehe....it's nuts...Go Izumi for taking him on!
Taskinst
Thanks I knew it would have sucked....
Anyway, nah they dont give preview for the last few episodes. They want u to be on the edge of your seat dry.gif those bastards!
Alchemic Boom
They gave a preview! You see Hoho-papa in it and they talk about the twelve demons in the sky...
QUOTE(Sikiu-San @ Feb 26 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]355232[/snapback]
Archer is back with his "I must destroy everything because thats the twisted thing that i am* Dx Where is the group that wanted to take down Archer >_>?

There is no Anti-Archer group at the moment I believe, only Molecular Alchemist and Tombow. tongue.gif But there is the Archery Club...you know you want to join. ph34r.gif

Offtopic Question- How come the site seems to go down after the new episode airs every Saturday/Sunday?
Mikage_Elric
That sucks. where's my lighter!! I wanna kill Archer.
Automne
You won't kill him with a lighter, duh! XP

And yes, Archer is back but I'm disgusted because of...what is gonna happen in the future and because of who! <o< Okay...no more spoilers or hints laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.