Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 48-- Good Bye
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 26 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]355234[/snapback]

And Archer the terminator...bwuahaha. Hehehe....it's nuts...Go Izumi for taking him on!

YEAH!!! GO IZUMI!!! KICK HIS BUTT!!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 26 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]355244[/snapback]

They gave a preview! You see Hoho-papa in it and they talk about the twelve demons in the sky...
QUOTE(Sikiu-San @ Feb 26 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]355232[/snapback]
Archer is back with his "I must destroy everything because thats the twisted thing that i am* Dx Where is the group that wanted to take down Archer >_>?

There is no Anti-Archer group at the moment I believe, only Molecular Alchemist and Tombow. tongue.gif But there is the Archery Club...you know you want to join. ph34r.gif

we're an unofficial group....well, I can't speak for Tombow, but I still wanna take down mecha-Archer (mouth-gun still creeps me out though). You're welcome to join up if you want happy.gif

QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 26 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]355244[/snapback]

Offtopic Question- How come the site seems to go down after the new episode airs every Saturday/Sunday?

Because it likes to be annoying-ish dry.gif WEll, maybe it's because they have to do maintance, and the admins assume that if the site goes down over Sat/Sun...the odds of people being out is high...and everyone else can watch AS. At least, that's how I'm making sense of it.

QUOTE(Mikage_Elric @ Feb 26 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]355246[/snapback]

That sucks. where's my lighter!! I wanna kill Archer.

Erm....you're not gonna get far with a lighter, kiddo. You won't even get close enough to strike the flint.... laugh.gif Unless....oh, yo're talking about explosives, arn't you??? I like your style of thinking. But I'll just stick with my sulferic acid/bleach combo...i'll leave the blowing up to you smile.gif

Overall this was an AWSOME episode!!! Oh yeah, and Russell got what he deserved..talking someone else's identity dry.gif Jeez, I wouldn't do that for some stupid books. And how horrible was it that Sloth recognized Ed as her son after he turned her into EtOH..talk about morbid!
And I love how Izumi and Ed get along. Ed really has grown up in these last few episodes...he's not joking around anymore, and he has taken a more serious tone with everything. Not only that, but it was semi-sad that the final words of the episode were "Goodbye, Fullmetal"; "Goodbye, General"...and they both went off into the sunset sad.gif

AND WHY CAN'T EACH EPISODE BE LONGER....com'mon.....just 5 more minutes AS.....PLEEEAAASSSEEE...at least play the whole ending now......is that too much to ask sad.gif (I'm practically begging here....com'mon)
Tombow
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 26 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]355261[/snapback]

Overall this was an AWSOME episode!!! Oh yeah, and Russell got what he deserved..talking someone else's identity dry.gif Jeez, I wouldn't do that for some stupid books. And how horrible was it that Sloth recognized Ed as her son after he turned her into EtOH..talk about morbid!
And I love how Izumi and Ed get along. Ed really has grown up in these last few episodes...he's not joking around anymore, and he has taken a more serious tone with everything. Not only that, but it was semi-sad that the final words of the episode were "Goodbye, Fullmetal"; "Goodbye, General"...and they both went off into the sunset sad.gif

AND WHY CAN'T EACH EPISODE BE LONGER....com'mon.....just 5 more minutes AS.....PLEEEAAASSSEEE...at least play the whole ending now......is that too much to ask sad.gif (I'm practically begging here....com'mon)

I agree. Ed is totally growing up. He talks and acts like leap ahead of Ed in several episodes back. (I mean mentally. biggrin.gif )
I'm really starting to feel the begining of "end", and I'm excited, but sad at the same time....

Oh, and Archer... I'm gonna sit back, and let others fight him. (hehe, bit spoilerish) laugh.gif
Elemental/Alchemist
if anyone paid attention to the preview of next week's episode, it's extremely important history, especially for those posters who live in England...
(this is not a spoiler, it's just an explanation of the preview, since i'm sure those of u who haven't seen the next episode yet are probably wondering what Al meant when he said "demons over London...," maybe this little explanation will make u guys more eager to watch next week's episode happy.gif ) --

Al said [not exact quote] "on the night of September 2nd, 1916, 16 demons flew over london"
--this is reffering to the night of September 2nd, 1916, when 16 german zeppelins flew over london and attempted to attack the city, as they have raided England with bombs countless times beforehand...
This attack was one of many that preceded september 2nd and continued after september 2nd (like September 24, 1916, and more raids in the early stages of WWII)

more info. can be found here http://www.firstworldwar.com/airwar/bombers_zeppelins.htm
or here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeppelin#Bombers_and_scouts
Nepharski
AWESOME episode.

Armstrong freaked me out a little bit. I mean, I know it's his nature, but still...bet he'd make a great lawyer.

"The jury has concluded, and we find the defendant guilty."
"What!?"
*Rips of shirt.*
"Do these look like the muscles that would defend a traitor? DO THEY!?"
"But, Mr. Armstrong, your case has no evidence."
"HERE's you evidence! Flex, and believe!"

And I totally didn't know that wasn't Mustang or Riza. That was some good posturing.

Wrath struck me as very believable; sure he's a little whiney, but he has every reason to be whiney.
Envy, you bastard.
Izumi's back! biggrin.gif
Tucker's mad as a hatter.
Fletcher and Russle are back. Rus hasn't learned his lesson.

I love how calm Bradley is. "Can I punch out for the day? Oh, you found the Elric brothers. Sure, you can execute them. Gotta go. It's my son's birthday."

Edward and Roy's exchange was very thoughtful and realistic, I thought. They stayed true to their characters, yet still let some subtle emotion flow. Very well direction scene.

Am I forgetting anything? Oh, yeah...

IPB Image

Prepare to be assimilated!
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 26 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]355273[/snapback]

I agree. Ed is totally growing up. He talks and acts like leap ahead of Ed in several episodes back. (I mean mentally. biggrin.gif )
I'm really starting to feel the begining of "end", and I'm excited, but sad at the same time....

Yes...i feel the end comming too....well, concidering that it's only...like...3 episodes away....hahaha! But there's this overtone of growing sadness and desperation that's throughout the series now...even the arguements that are supposed to be funny, arn't really funny anymore....it kinda gives me the creeps ph34r.gif Or...maybe that's just me...hehehe
Melydragon
I jumped out of emotion when they finished airing the previous for the next episode. I swer. I jumped.

Was really Trisha the one talking to Ed when Sloth was, well, dying? Her words and herself seemed pretty motherly for me. And was she actually kind of releaved of dying? Well, she said that Ed had done a good job or something like that. It made me really sad seeing her like that. And Edīs face when Wrath said that Sloth was his mom too. I think it was a vulnerable (however you spell it) moment for Ed if you ask me. I will never, ever forget his face. It was like he was kind of sorry for what happed to Sloth. Poor Edward. Is like he had to watch his motherīs death all over again.

Wrath pissed me off. He is getting on my nerves.

I liked Izumiīs appearance. Even though she couldnīt go with Ed to that place they were talking about. It was relly hard for her listening to Wrath when he said that she wasnīt his mother. Poor Izumi.

It was kind fo funny the part with Havoc and Fury. They really fooled me. And Armstrong showing off his muscles again. I never get tired of that.

And Ed and Mustang finally have a civiliced conversation! (Iīm so proud of them! laugh.gif ) I think it was one of those moments in the story are are meant to never be forgotten. It was such a deep moment between Ed and Mustang. They both are going to give up everything to reach their goals. Mustang to avenge Hughesīs death and Edward for Al. I wish I could have a big brother like Ed!

I canīt believe Archer survived. He freaked me out.

What was on the diary entry that Fletcher gave Ed? I think is the location where Dante is hiding or something like that.

And what about Al? I wanted to go after Envy to get Al back. What is Dante going to do to him? Donīt answer that, please! Or put it on spoiler tags. I wanto to figure it out by myself. (Or at least wait until next week)

I wish it could be Saturday already!
r315razor
ECELLENT EPISODE! I loved it so much i stayed up till 3:00 to watch it again.

A few people said that the last episode was short... THIS episode ended WAY too fast.

O well, im gunna go get the torrent, if scedual is right, the guy should have it out by now. biggrin.gif

OO BTW, quick question. Is Dante concidered a humunculi? Ed seems to think so, yet he doesn't really know about her. So yes or no?
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(r315razor @ Feb 26 2006, 02:59 PM) [snapback]355337[/snapback]

ECELLENT EPISODE! I loved it so much i stayed up till 3:00 to watch it again.

A few people said that the last episode was short... THIS episode ended WAY too fast.

O well, im gunna go get the torrent, if scedual is right, the guy should have it out by now. biggrin.gif

OO BTW, quick question. Is Dante concidered a humunculi? Ed seems to think so, yet he doesn't really know about her. So yes or no?

Yup..the episodes are going waaayyy too quickly...they should make FMA an hour. No, that would make the ending come too fast. Oh, the horror, the horror! It's just..there soo captivating that time doesn't apply to them anymore...wierd. huh.gif

And as for your Dante question..well, you'll find that out soon enough, won't you laugh.gif I mean, you;re soo close to the end...do you REALLY want someone to give anything away????
Kraven Hughes
Everytime an episode ends its a huge cliff hanger! I agree to having the episodes longer, and mabey one night have a FMA marithon....since i dont have all the DVDs.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Kraven Hughes @ Feb 26 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]355346[/snapback]

Everytime an episode ends its a huge cliff hanger! I agree to having the episodes longer, and mabey one night have a FMA marithon....since i dont have all the DVDs.

Yeah, but the cliffhagers are AWSOME!!! Where would we be if every episode had a solid ending? But An FMA marithon on AS would be fun...I did that once, err.....by the end of it my head was killing me, and i was dead tired...but that was after a 12hour marithon that i decided to start at 7pm....i HAD to finish the series rolleyes.gif

And I feel soo bad for Izumi...it seems that throughout the show, all that she wanted was Wrath to love her, and here she is..getting shunned again... sad.gif That kid's got problems
Kraven Hughes
the cliff hangers ARE awsome. I wish i had all the FMA dvds, so i could watch them all over again. I cant wait until the next episode, the fuhrer is going down!
Plscks
These last episodes in english are so damn good. I really enjoyed Armstrong's proof that Bradley is evil *rips off shirt and does strange poses* and Ed and Roys little talk was nice and deep also. God bless Roy for Dropping everything and avenging Hughes, Roy is such a good friend.

And by the way anti-archer people, mouth gun rules all, go Robo-Archer or Mecha-Archer, or whatever you want to call him, he's so cool and so so very evil.

[spoiler]Yes, Ninja/Solid Snake Roy is coming up, He freaking rules![/spoiler]

edit-oh yeah, did the board go down last night and this morning, or does my connection at home just really bite?
Nepharski
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 26 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]355341[/snapback]
Yup..the episodes are going waaayyy too quickly...they should make FMA an hour. No, that would make the ending come too fast. Oh, the horror, the horror!

I've got a simple and relatively realistic solution to this problem: Let's say we build a time machine, and force the creators to make FMA a half-hour show. We can also bring in what we know of the Manga, to make it a closer resemblance.

Wonder what Ling would sound like...
theothersin
Am I the only one that realized that Mustang didn't quite look like Mustang in the beginning? I noticed right away that Mustang's face wasn't really round ... then Havoc takes off the wig.

Great episode. Wrath has issues no doctor can fix. Envy is a evil-cold hearted but still awsome bastard. Mecha-Archer...Well I can't make up my mind on him yet- besides the fact he creeps me out. Did anyone notice how wierd Izumi's face looked when she yelled at Ed? Tucker....also has issues....he thinks Nina is alive......that's even more creepy then Mecha-Archer.

And they didn't show us what happened to Al! No! The Kitty-Lover Commune will miss it's president! (Don't question, it's a inside joke.)

I can't wait for next week! I get to host the talk-back thread! I need to see what will happen!
Full Metal Elf
T_T...I'm still emotional over this episode. The last 3 are worse....we'll all be crying.

Yes, Ed really has grown-up these last few episodes, especially the last 2. Like in the Manga, I do love seeing Ed grow-up, and mature.

I heard from Vic that the last few are INCREDIBLE...as he put it, lol. So I'm excited!!! The dubbing must be great!!! happy.gif
Jedi28
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 26 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]355354[/snapback]

QUOTE(Kraven Hughes @ Feb 26 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]355346[/snapback]

Yeah, but the cliffhagers are AWSOME!!! Where would we be if every episode had a solid ending? But An FMA marithon on AS would be fun...I did that once, err.....by the end of it my head was killing me, and i was dead tired...but that was after a 12hour marithon that i decided to start at 7pm....i HAD to finish the series rolleyes.gif

And I feel soo bad for Izumi...it seems that throughout the show, all that she wanted was Wrath to love her, and here she is..getting shunned again... sad.gif That kid's got problems

Man oh man, if you thought this episode was a cliffhanger then just wait a while. There's one episode coming up that is truly the MOTHER of all freaking cliffhagers. You will all be building time machines in your basements to get to the next week! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And to some other posters, I don't think it was Trisha Elric talking to Ed right before Sloth died. Sloth DID have memories of Trisha that were implanted (inadvertantly) by Ed and Al at the moment of her creation. She acknowledged having these memories and wanted to get rid of them by killing Ed. I think she knew what would most hurt Ed and did it (acting like Mom) as a last ditch way to get at him. You'll notice he doesn't buy it based on what he says to Izumi about not even being able to cry over it.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 26 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]355379[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 26 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]355341[/snapback]
Yup..the episodes are going waaayyy too quickly...they should make FMA an hour. No, that would make the ending come too fast. Oh, the horror, the horror!

I've got a simple and relatively realistic solution to this problem: Let's say we build a time machine, and force the creators to make FMA a half-hour show. We can also bring in what we know of the Manga, to make it a closer resemblance.

Wonder what Ling would sound like...

AHHH!!! that's an awsome episode....lucky for you guys, I'm well versed in physics, as well as loads of other scientific crap...*rummages through piles of old textbooks* Ok...I'm working on drawing up the blueprints....assuming that the string theory is correct, this shouldn't be that hard...we just need to rip a hole....yesss..... laugh.gif Ling would be AWSOME!!! And so would the series....just think...10 more minutes of FMA....JOY!!!

@jedi28: yeah...[spoiler]the motherload is coming....i was screaming at the tv when i saw it....[/spoiler] LONG LIVE CLIFFHANGERS!!!!! laugh.gif
Full Metal Elf
Oh yea....I too wonder what Ling would sound like. They should make some FMA OVAs with Ling, just for fun! happy.gif Or like, make a mini series based more off the Manga....just because I want to see what Ling would be like animated!! Love live Ling!! Mwuahahaha!!! hehehe

Oh yes...Cliffhangers..........wait until Ep. 50.....That cliffhanger is a KILLER!!!

Oh yea and the next episode has that spinny moment (those who have seen it know what I'm talking about: [spoiler]i.e. Ed meets Dante and they talk for a while, and while they're talking......it spins and spins..and after a while....i'm just like" STOP!"...lol...(sigh)....yes...it's the spinning Dante/Ed episde! happy.gif[/spoiler]
Aleclom
Just having you guys talk about cliffhangers is making me impatient!
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 26 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]355444[/snapback]

Oh yes...Cliffhangers..........wait until Ep. 50.....That cliffhanger is a KILLER!!!

Oh yea and the next episode has that spinny moment (those who have seen it know what I'm talking about: [spoiler]i.e. Ed meets Dante and they talk for a while, and while they're talking......it spins and spins..and after a while....i'm just like" STOP!"...lol...(sigh)....yes...it's the spinning Dante/Ed episde! happy.gif[/spoiler]

Oh yeah...I forgot about that spinny moment.....hahaha!!! Weee!!!! But i can save that for next week laugh.gif

And Ling IS awsome...if they make OVA's or a miniseries based on the Manga, they should put that panda in too..what't it's name..Xio-ma, or something like that. I find that little thing soo entertaining smile.gif
Full Metal Elf
Mwuahaha...yea, it's like Xie-mei or something like that....Haha! I'd love to see the panda...and Mai-Chen....and Ran Fan...Ok, now I want them to make something with them in it so bad!! And while they're at it....Animate the Roy killing Lust scene!! I want to see it animated!!!! hehehehe happy.gif

Yes, the spinny moment...Everyone better hold on to their seat-belts for that one...wink.gif
vfdj42
How come no one mentioned the Winry/Envy quote: "Alphonse, you're the one I always loved!"
Jedi28
ya just HAD to bring up that DANGED spinny thing!!! That was SO irritating!

Hee, hee, hee...episode 50....cliffhanger....much amusement awaits....I can't wait to see the reactions of those who are the "non-spoiled," biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Sadly, though, I don't think it will have the same impact as it had [spoiler] before the movie came out. I mean, even the non-spoiled know there's a movie and even if they don't know whose in it, it's pretty obvious who has to be there, so that'll make it less of a cliffhanger I think. To bad for those who are seeing it now, they lose half the impact. [/spoiler]

Wait a minute, in the English dub Envy/Winry tells Al he was the one she always loved? In the Japanese Envy/Winry says, "I lov..." and Al stops in his tracks. Then Ed does his little Ahh, kill the evil! thing and the show moves on. In the Japanese they set it up like it could have been just a familial thing "Al don't kill me, I love you like a sister" and that stopped Al or it could have been implied that Al was in love with Winry and stopped because he thought she was about to say she loved him back. Speculation though, they never do anything with it on Al's part.
Ultimate_Hughes_fan
QUOTE(Arkangel7 @ Feb 25 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]354918[/snapback]

I've heard the last few episodes are incredible from friends so I'm really stoked for tonight and the others.

Were in the same boat. This is a good episode. My favorite still stands as The Bachlor Liutennet/The Mystery of Werehouse 13 huh.gif
Wyrd_Raven
You know with this series ending coming up in a couple episodes I had a very VERY bad thought... what would happen if AS accidentally pulls a BIG O on us? Where instead of the last episode we got a few episodes back, by either mistake or intent, man that would REALLY drive the viewers crazy.

and make them want to watch the episode more
Ultimate_Hughes_fan
QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Feb 26 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]355467[/snapback]

How come no one mentioned the Winry/Envy quote: "Alphonse, you're the one I always loved!"

Really I don't see an importance in it. huh.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 26 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]355465[/snapback]

Yes, the spinny moment...Everyone better hold on to their seat-belts for that one...wink.gif

*hands out airplane sickness bags* yeah, these might come in handy...i should start passing them out now, so we don't have any messes come next week...happy.gif

As for the Winry/Envy quote....are you sure it just wasn't Envy pushing Ed's buttons?? He's soo good at it, after all.
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 26 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]355504[/snapback]

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 26 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]355465[/snapback]

*hands out airplane sickness bags* yeah, these might come in handy...i should start passing them out now, so we don't have any messes come next week...happy.gif

As for the Winry/Envy quote....are you sure it just wasn't Envy pushing Ed's buttons?? He's soo good at it, after all.

*grabs bag*....hehehe...happy.gif

And yes....we know who really loves Ed...hehehehe....happy.gif. Envy...(sigh)....
Fayth Prophecy
I loved this episode. I almost, that's almost, cried when Sloth said what she did to Ed before she "died". The only part that I thought was stupid was Russel doing what he did, by saying that he was Edward. But all in all, it was a good episode.
Plscks
QUOTE(Winry Rockbell Elric @ Feb 26 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]355516[/snapback]

I loved this episode. I almost, that's almost, cried when Sloth said what she did to Ed before she "died". The only part that I thought was stupid was Russel doing what he did, by saying that he was Edward. But all in all, it was a good episode.

I loved the part with Russel and Fletcher, I love how the military just storms the place and arrests Russel and Fletch. That was a good FMA moment in my eyes.

So for all of you who have not seen all the episodes, what are your thoughts on next weeks preview, come on I know you've got some crazy theories, so lets hear them.

And on a Mecha-Archer note, I could have sworn that in the subs he said something with the mouth gun out, I really wanted to see that. And him talking with his mouth shut does not count. I think very soon the Archery Club is going to get a very big beating, every one will hate us. Tucker rules you all!
fMa_nv92
this episode was great and kinda sad cuz ed and roy........
never mind.....oh yeah and russel and fletcher got caught cuz russel
lied he was ed...hahahahaa.....
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(pslcks @ Feb 26 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]355525[/snapback]

And on a Mecha-Archer note, I could have sworn that in the subs he said something with the mouth gun out, I really wanted to see that. And him talking with his mouth shut does not count. I think very soon the Archery Club is going to get a very big beating, every one will hate us. Tucker rules you all!

I don't think Archer ever said anything with the mouthgun out...but he could if he wanted too. And of course the Archery Club is gonna get beat. Pummeled, flamed, stoned, heck we might get veggies thrown at us.
[spoiler]Every hardcore Roy fangirl who doesn't know about what happens to him in Episode 51 is going to killlll.[/spoiler]
Kraven Hughes
Acher is gonna go down one way or another.
Koneko_chan
QUOTE(Elemental/Alchemist @ Feb 26 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]355276[/snapback]

if anyone paid attention to the preview of next week's episode, it's extremely important history, especially for those posters who live in England...
(this is not a spoiler, it's just an explanation of the preview, since i'm sure those of u who haven't seen the next episode yet are probably wondering what Al meant when he said "demons over London...," maybe this little explanation will make u guys more eager to watch next week's episode happy.gif ) --

Al said [not exact quote] "on the night of September 2nd, 1916, 16 demons flew over london"
--this is reffering to the night of September 2nd, 1916, when 16 german zeppelins flew over london and attempted to attack the city, as they have raided England with bombs countless times beforehand...
This attack was one of many that preceded september 2nd and continued after september 2nd (like September 24, 1916, and more raids in the early stages of WWII)

more info. can be found here http://www.firstworldwar.com/airwar/bombers_zeppelins.htm
or here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeppelin#Bombers_and_scouts

One problem. It's 1915. Ed's 16. He was born in 1899. ARGH! HOHENHIEM IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UGLY!!!

I don't think I'll survive the zepplin part. I CRIED THE FIRST TIME I SAW IT!!! NOOOOOOOO EDO!!!
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 26 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]355537[/snapback]

QUOTE(pslcks @ Feb 26 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]355525[/snapback]

I don't think Archer ever said anything with the mouthgun out...but he could if he wanted too. And of course the Archery Club is gonna get beat. Pummeled, flamed, stoned, heck we might get veggies thrown at us.
[spoiler]Every hardcore Roy fangirl who doesn't know about what happens to him in Episode 51 is going to killlll.[/spoiler]

Hey, Archery Club....[spoiler]I'm a Roy fangirl...granted I'm not a psychotic one.... i just know what happens to him in ep51, which is why i want to dump crap on mecha-archer and destroy what's left of him[/spoiler] But I swear that i won't hurt you people...it's just...mecha-archer that i want a piece of mad.gif though if things get out of control, a food fight might be in order..and i have been known to chase people with sticks laugh.gif
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 26 2006, 09:14 PM) [snapback]355567[/snapback]

Hey, Archery Club....[spoiler]I'm a Roy fangirl...granted I'm not a psychotic one.... i just know what happens to him in ep51, which is why i want to dump crap on mecha-archer and destroy what's left of him[/spoiler] But I swear that i won't hurt you people...it's just...mecha-archer that i want a piece of mad.gif though if things get out of control, a food fight might be in order..and i have been known to chase people with sticks laugh.gif

Well it won't be so easy to get a piece of Archer with the Archery Club protecting him... Why did I just know we'd be getting hit by food sometime during these last few episodes?

Central's police/military was really tough on the Tringham brothers. Poor Fletcher. I found it amusing though how the Fuhrer was so calm about having them executed.

Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 26 2006, 08:53 PM) [snapback]355600[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 26 2006, 09:14 PM) [snapback]355567[/snapback]

Well it won't be so easy to get a piece of Archer with the Archery Club protecting him... Why did I just know we'd be getting hit by food sometime during these last few episodes?

hmmm..yeah....you're right..*grabs wrench and looks at time machine blueprints* that's why I've got this baby! And the food's a given..... rolleyes.gif everyone likes a food fight *eyes apple sitting on desk*

I wonder what the furher got his son for his birthday... blink.gif and I love how Armstrong validates everything by flexing his muscles....it's just too funny laugh.gif
Jen_Elric
OMG!! This episode was too good!!!
Wrath is such a little brat. I think he deserved getting burnt (when Sloth died). And Damn Envy!! I knew there was a reason that Winry being there was out of place and not right. I realized Winry was realy Envy before he revealed himself.
i loved seeing the Tringham brothers again! Haha! Russ used Ed's name and got busted!! that was funny!
The scene at the end was sad.
Can't wait until next episode when we see
[SPOILER] Ed on the other side of the gate!! [/SPOILER]

And I REALLY can't wait until ep. 50!! Not only cuz I'm hosting that thread, but cuz of the HUGE cliffhanger!
Oh yeah! Mecha-Archer is creepy! Almost forgot to mention him. hehe
Jedi28
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Feb 26 2006, 07:46 PM) [snapback]355495[/snapback]

You know with this series ending coming up in a couple episodes I had a very VERY bad thought... what would happen if AS accidentally pulls a BIG O on us? Where instead of the last episode we got a few episodes back, by either mistake or intent, man that would REALLY drive the viewers crazy.

and make them want to watch the episode more

Well, you could always go on YouTube.com and watch the subbed versions. Yeah, the last few episodes ARE incredible. I can pretty much guarantee the boards will crash on the night of episode 50 because of the sheer volume of people who will be logging on all at the same time to create posts which will ALL start out something like this:

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH?!?!?!?!?!"

Oh yeah, and don't be so hard on Wrath [spoiler] he gets his pretty quick and then you'll feel sorry for him.[/spoiler] Not really a spoiler but again, don't want to hint the plot away. biggrin.gif

Never fear fans, you will NOT be disappointed in the final episodes! Oops, I take back what I said. It's not episode 49 that I dislike, it's part of 49 and part of 50. Basically anything having to do with [spoiler] zepplins[/spoiler] The rest of 49 (sans that blasted spinny thing which WILL annoy the heck out of everyone) and the rest of 50 are FANTASTIC! biggrin.gif
Full Metal Elf
Hahaha!! The spinny thing will annoy all....I was annoyed too..I was like..."Stop already!"...hehehe...(sigh)
Jedi28
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 27 2006, 12:53 AM) [snapback]355673[/snapback]

Hahaha!! The spinny thing will annoy all....I was annoyed too..I was like..."Stop already!"...hehehe...(sigh)

Maybe if we all sat in chairs and spun around and around and around it would make it better? It'll be like the episode "That Which is Lost" (when Al and Ed were going home after the Scar incident and Al got put off the train by accident) and Ed and that one legged guy sat across the table for nearly 30 seconds (I timed it!) and stared at each other before Ed finally said something. I had nothing to do to pass the time during that one. This time I suggest spinning in chairs. Yes, that should do it. biggrin.gif
Joe J
Well, from all the spoiler tags, I get the impression that some big surprises are ahead. And, considering that this show has always been a dangerous place for characters, I'm guessing some big deaths are on the way. (A few have already come.) I don't even want to try making predictions. I just want to see my favorite characters fight hard and win if they can or die bravely with honor if they must.

It's funny. This show has never been exactly realistic. (Oh yeah, there have been moments. Barry the Chopper in the flesh was a little too real.) Honestly, it's been pretty silly at times. But, I really care about these characters. Is that silly? Of course, they represent so much symbolic meaning. The search for redemption. The loyalty of friendship and family. The duty of honor. The evil in us all... These are important things. It matters to me that Roy is heading off to do the right thing even thought it is dangerous. It matters to me that Ed will risk it all to save his brother. None of these people are real, but what they stand for is important. That is, afterall, the heart of good storytelling, taking something that is only an idea and making it real in a way that matters.

Um, I suppose that's getting a little too deep here.

Let's just say I'm a sucker for a good story, and this is one hell of a good story.

I'll be there at the end with them all.

Peace,
Joe J.
JoshP1389
This...

This episode was probably the most climatic episode I've ever seen, but not all the conflicts are finished though. So much amazing stuff happens here that it seperates the otakus from the intellects if watched.

Eventually while fixing his auto-mail, Izumi tells Ed that he's grown up. This relieves her trust in Ed and makes herself believe that she was successful in being his and Alphonse's teacher. Also, his conversation with Roy Mustang proves Edward's adulthood when he finally understands that the recent wars are fueled out of the desires of those they try to bring back from the dead, and sets a goal to destroy the stories and rumors of the Philosopher's Stone...

Something they had been searching for the past 3 years, something they had set their life goal on. Gone.

As the series ends, the symbolism of Edward and Roy shaking hands means that they're equals, but Edward refuses and decides to part ways.

---

Shit, I know I could've wrote a better analysis on this episode. I did this in 30 minutes. wacko.gif
Jedi28
QUOTE(Joe J @ Feb 27 2006, 01:25 AM) [snapback]355686[/snapback]

Well, from all the spoiler tags, I get the impression that some big surprises are ahead. And, considering that this show has always been a dangerous place for characters, I'm guessing some big deaths are on the way. (A few have already come.) I don't even want to try making predictions. I just want to see my favorite characters fight hard and win if they can or die bravely with honor if they must.

It's funny. This show has never been exactly realistic. (Oh yeah, there have been moments. Barry the Chopper in the flesh was a little too real.) Honestly, it's been pretty silly at times. But, I really care about these characters. Is that silly? Of course, they represent so much symbolic meaning. The search for redemption. The loyalty of friendship and family. The duty of honor. The evil in us all... These are important things. It matters to me that Roy is heading off to do the right thing even thought it is dangerous. It matters to me that Ed will risk it all to save his brother. None of these people are real, but what they stand for is important. That is, afterall, the heart of good storytelling, taking something that is only an idea and making it real in a way that matters.

Um, I suppose that's getting a little too deep here.

Let's just say I'm a sucker for a good story, and this is one hell of a good story.

I'll be there at the end with them all.

Peace,
Joe J.

Actually, I don't think any of the spoiler tags actually give away the BIG stuff. People on this forum are really nice about that. Other forums for other shows will have people spouting huge spoilers all over the place, tagged and not. Here they seem more respectful of people that don't want to be spoiled like that. And yeah, I get what you're saying. This is definitely a show that makes you care about the characters. biggrin.gif
Kraven Hughes
the Furher doesnt care about anyone but who he self.
Jedi28
QUOTE(Kraven Hughes @ Feb 27 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]355825[/snapback]

the Furher doesnt care about anyone but who he self.

in the Manga, he does seem to genuinely care about his son. In the anime, I guess he at least acts like he cares about his son but ultimately I think you're right, he only cares about himself.
vfdj42
[spoiler] I lovelovelove Roy, but Archernator is too cool to get too mad at. I still love Roy more than anyone, though. As for the spinny episode, and the moment of silence, wtf was with that? XD [/spoiler]

The talkback thread for episodes 50 and 51 will go from 0 to 500 pages in about 5 minutes.
Jedi28
QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Feb 27 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]355848[/snapback]

The talkback thread for episodes 50 and 51 will go from 0 to 500 pages in about 5 minutes.

You really think it'll take that long? biggrin.gif
Kraven Hughes
I wonder want is going to happen to the military when the fuhrer gets taken down.
Chopper Enthusiast
Well, you bastards finally got what you wanted. Tucker has got his reward in full. Poor Tucker. When he absently wondered where Alexander was...I began to tear up...

Then Mecha-Archer came along and Tucker was forgotten.

However I find it strange that the state has the technology to make a cyborg, but they can't manufacture a decent car or more advanced weaponry.
We are talking about the oven being invented, and at the same time a cyborg blasting a wall down with a mouth cannon.

Now I must choose between supporting Izumi or Archer.

Archer may be an ass-hole. But he IS an uber-cool cyborg...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.