Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Black Blood Alchemist's Art
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
The Black Blood Alchemist
I've been contemplating on starting my own thread for some of my artwork and finally decided to go through with it. I don't have a lot of FMA fan art just yet, but I've got one other picture in the works right now sitting next to me and a few other ideas. I don't draw a lot of fan art, though.

Anyway, I draw in my spare time most of the time and I have this whole storyline and a ton of characters and blah, blah, blah, but anyway, here's my second piece of FMA fan art I've done (I'll post my first pic later):

Drawing

The story behind this... Well, God knows Ed has a ton of fan girls, so I always call him a pimp. I formed this image of a Pimp Daddy Edward in my mind over a few months. At a Boy Scout/ Venture Crew meeting (I'm in Venture Crew along with Anime-Ka2002 and it's a branch of the Boy Scouts that girls can be in), and doodled this. I never really planned on inking and coloring it and I wasn't too worried about the crappy anatomy and didn't use any references save for the eye shape, so I apologize for that (Gawd, the arms! X_X;;), so I dressed Ed in this ridiculous outfit with a pimp hat, pimp shades, pimp cane---the works.

He be blingin'. XD

And I actually drew this last month and wasn't used to putting '06 just yet. happy.gif;;

Okay, here was the first FMA fan art I ever did of me stealing Roy's gloves. :3

IPB Image

There's this little inside joke thing... I'm a pyromaniac and my character persona, Ryoko, can use fire powers and she/I stole Roy's gloves just to annoy him. I did this in my doodle pad and ended up coloring it and I didn't worry too much about shading. I wish Roy's anatomy turned out a little better (chicken neck. XD), but I think it's okay considering no references were used except to get Roy's gloves, hair, and face right.

Stuck him in a hideous random shirt, too. tongue.gif
Hana no Kuroi
Cute art! But you double-posted...*wags finger*

But still...I like the second one. I want to steal Roy's gloves...>.>
QUOTE(Hana no Kuroi @ Feb 18 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]351761[/snapback]

Cute art! But you double-posted...*wags finger*

But still...I like the second one. I want to steal Roy's gloves...>.>

I did, didn't I? X_X;; Gomen nasai, wasn't thinking. 'Tis been a hard day but that's no excuse... Won't happen again.
maiden_cross
wow, nice pics smile.gif
the second one is cute
Tombow
Haha, that Ed is so pimped!! laugh.gif
Nice job!! biggrin.gif
Taskinst
I...I..... LOVE IT! laugh.gif ED IN PURPLE! WHOA SON BACK IT ! BOTH OF THEM IS MAD HOT
Ed-Al-Win Fan
LOL @Ed pimped, that is definitely true...he has alot of girls after him lol...But the ideas and drawings are very neat, keep up the good work smile.gif
Thanks for all of the comments! I had no idea I'd get so many! o0;; Yesh, Ed's such a pimp. XDD "His Pimpness" has such a nice ring to it...

Anyway, I have another FMA picture in the works, until then I hope y'all don't mind if I post artwork of a few of my original characters:

IPB Image

The main character in my main storyline I'm working on, Ryoko, can turn into this, her half-demon form. I haven't drown canines a lot, so I did have to use a reference for the pose from a cool werewolf tattoo I found on an image search made my someone called Jaime Sidor; even then I still messed up on the paws. -.-;; Ryoko can't fly with the wings (thus why they're kinda small and it would be hard to fly with all of those holes in the membrane, anyway); they're for a distraction and especially for fighting (hence the spikes). BTW, the half-demon form is about a little over half the size of a small horse.

And Ms. Ryoko Imaad transforms into this form when she's really mad. In this form she can't control her actions (of course it's the same situation when she turns into her full demon form, but at least in the half-demon form there's is an itty bitty slim chance of her being able to gain some momentary control). She's out for blood and will even kill those she cares for. Your only hope for survival is to keep out of her sight because she attacks pretty much anything she sees (even inanimate objects at times). Once she targets you, she'll attack and won't leave you alone until you're dead---then she'll keep mauling your dead body until there's nothing left. ^.^;; The only powers she can use in this form are any sort of fire attacks. Believe me, she loves to explode random things when she transforms into this.

IPB Image

This is a biogenetically created/enhanced, bad-tempered, foul-mouthed guy by the name of Nanashi.

And he carries a bazooka and drinks tequila. >____> Long story behind him that I won't go into.

IPB Image

My main villain, Nemesis. He's a demon who was turned into a vampire and is basically Satan's incarnate. Really evil, twisted, psychotic, scary, nasty guy. His blood's black and it's like acid and kills anyone it comes in contact with within an agonizing thirteen minutes. It doesn't harm him since he can't feel any pain and since he's masocistic, he cuts and rips himself open constantly just to see his blood melt his flesh and then regenerate; gets a twisted kick out of it. 9.9 ||| Yeah, and he can't die. I just drew him in some spiffy pants and a wrist band thingy, usually he just wears plain black leather pants, black boots, an amulet (yet another story there with that thing), and a black tattered trench coat lined in red.

And he's 7 ft. tall. ^w^0

IPB Image

Horses used to be the ONLY thing I would draw, I only started drawing human-ish things about three or four years ago and now I draw them the most. But this mare (yes, it's a girl) goes by the name of Mirage. She's 18 hands high (6'6'' at the shoulder), and is a carnivore. It's quite a sight to see her flying across the sky with a cow... OoO||| She drools blood, which she seems to do a lot of the time. Unlike most equine related creatures, Mirage has sharp carnivorous teeth, which she uses for fighting and eating. Her bite is powerful enough to effortlessly rip through steel without causing any damage to her incisors. Her build may be feminine, but she is stronger that most stallions. Not only is her anatomy unique, but so is her biography. She has a bit of a hormone imbalance. The female hormone, estrogen, is highly outnumbered by the male hormone, testosterone. This also explains her aggressive nature.

And for the last picture... Not all things I draw are scary and violent (decided not to upload anything bloody in case I get in trouble) :

IPB Image

I call him Wooly Wonka and he's going on a t-shirt. XD

Yeah, that's all for now. Sorry for the mess of images and if some of them are sorta big. ;_;
Zarpia
O.O Oh my! your work is really REALLY good^^
Carnal Malefactor
You're talented, sure, but I wish you'd use your powers for good instead of evil.

[translation: I HATE furries.]
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 11 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]361937[/snapback]

You're talented, sure, but I wish you'd use your powers for good instead of evil.

Awwwww, you don't like animals? ;^; XDD Well, Ryoko's half-demon form isn't really anthro/furry, its just like a werewollf, only it's a werefox. I'd like to try some furry art, though; I've been planning on it, so look forward to some furry art torture one day (sorry, had to pick on you). XDDD

...Once I improve on my colored pencils first that is. I don't like the way I color, it always looks sloppy; all I have is PSP 9 and I've only used that on Wooly Wonka, it's just complicated and doesn't get around the lineart too well and leaves little white specks along the black lines and I can't afford Photoshop 7 or anything unless my old PS 3 Elements will help me out, I haven't tried that yet. But thank you for the comment!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(The Black Blood Alchemist @ Mar 11 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]361944[/snapback]

Awwwww, you don't like animals? ;^; XDD Well, Ryoko's half-demon form isn't really anthro/furry, its just like a werewollf, only it's a werefox. I'd like to try some furry art, though; I've been planning on it, so look forward to some furry art torture one day (sorry, had to pick on you). XDDD

I like animals... I hate anthropomorphs.
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 12 2006, 12:02 AM) [snapback]361946[/snapback]

QUOTE(The Black Blood Alchemist @ Mar 11 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]361944[/snapback]

I like animals... I hate anthropomorphs.

Each to his own. X3 Thanks again for commenting!
Galorfilinde
OMG your drawings are amazing! Very beautiful. The pimped Ed made me laugh, a very good job! Maybe you can draw a woman sometime, I'm sure that'll be awesome too! Do you make up your characters all by yourself? No examples? I think that's very cool
QUOTE(Galorfilinde @ Mar 12 2006, 06:10 PM) [snapback]362328[/snapback]

OMG your drawings are amazing! Very beautiful. The pimped Ed made me laugh, a very good job! Maybe you can draw a woman sometime, I'm sure that'll be awesome too! Do you make up your characters all by yourself? No examples? I think that's very cool

Why thank you very much! ^/////////^ I do draw females, I actually drew them more than the males but now I draw males more to help me improve on their anatomy since I'm pretty good with females already. I know you're not supposed to advertise art galleries, but here's a link to the latest female picture in my gallery since you asked:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28997402/

But there's plenty of other pictures in my gallery to browse through, I just have them saved as PNGs so not even I can save them, helps break down art theft just in case. I may not be a so-called "popular artist" or use Photoshop or anything, but I'd rather not even give theft a chance to start.

And yeah, I do come up with characters on my own, more or less "accidentally on purpose" more than half of the time as a result of boredom, they just pop into my head and I weave a background story around each of them for months on end. I have at least 100 characters, though most of them are horses in an RPG of mine. :3
Tombow
Wow, those are so beautiful!!
Great design and excellent details, awsome color schemes, and wonderful drawing and coloring skills!!
Great job!!
Galorfilinde
I took a look at your deviant art site, and the drawings are just so beautiful! The women are great too, just as I thought ^.^ and I thought I could draw horses! How did you learn drawing like that? You followed a course, or just practiced a lot? I hope I can become as good as you someday
QUOTE(Galorfilinde @ Mar 13 2006, 07:46 AM) [snapback]362638[/snapback]

I took a look at your deviant art site, and the drawings are just so beautiful! The women are great too, just as I thought ^.^ and I thought I could draw horses! How did you learn drawing like that? You followed a course, or just practiced a lot? I hope I can become as good as you someday

Wow, I never expected a compliment like that! O/////O Thank you all!

I've always loved drawing pictures even when I was little. The earliest time I remember drawing was when I was 4-years old. 99% of the time I drew horses, occasionally a dog or person every now and then. I just love drawing and coming up with awesome characters and ideas. Most of the time I listen to a song and get this image of an awesome picture in my head or an idea for a character and then I draw it, there's just a joy in expanding on my creativity to come up with different things (and, of course, boredom helps). I did take some art classes in school, but that was more or less just a hobby and occasionally I learned new techniques, but I didn't really use the class to improve on anatomy or anything, I did that on my own by studying other pictures. I'm lucky enough to own two Arabian horses of my own and even now I study them in person and watch them run in the field. It's because of observations like that where I learn how things move and improve on anatomy.

And the movie "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" helped me out a lot, too. ^_< I love that movie!

But whenever I draw a picture and I'm stuck on something like a hand (happens all the time, but with practice I've gotten a lot better), I turn to one of my "How to Draw Manga" books (or just manga), or other pictures and find a picture of a hand that looks similar and study it and see what I'm doing wrong and also look at my own hand.

One day I hope to hit the Virginia Lottery and then I can buy Photoshop 7.0 or whatever so I can attempt to color them better on the computer. XDDD

But my advice is to practice a lot. Doodles even help, I sometimes make doodle pages and draw different expressions and poses and stuff to practice. When you have trouble drawing something that's your weakness, like hands, draw pictures that show them or even focus on them, don't hide them or you won't get any better. Use references to help you when you're having trouble (but always try to draw something without using a reference first), and eventually you won't need them anymore. I keep my closet door covered in anime pictures that show a wide variety of things from poses, expressions, and the way hair moves to clothing folds. Keeping a folder of pictures like that to help you is handy. Just keep trying no matter how frustrated you get.

Right now I'm taking an on-line watercolor class in my college. I hate taking on-line classes (they always seem to give more homework than regular classes and I always manage to get behind and worry about it constantly), but I needed the credits and it was my only option. I've never done watercolor before in my life, but this picture believe it or not is the second watercolor I've EVER done and it's of the Tree of the Dead from the "Sleepy Hollow" movie:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28305962/

My scanner's not big enough, so I have to use a digital camera, but trust me when I say that my watercolors look a lot better in person. happy.gif0 The colors looks washed out in the pictures, but they're really a lot brighter/darker...

Here's a more recent one I did of a wheat field; I've discovered that I paint clouds the best out of anything. X3

IPB Image

I wasn't crazy with how the wheat turned out, but my teacher really liked it so as long as she likes it, then I'm happy because I'll get a good grade. XD At least I get them done in time even with as much as I stress about it.
Tombow
Wow, that watercolor is very good!!
And, that's the only second water you've done in your life???!!! Impressive!!
You're right that the clouds came out awsome, but I think the wheat field is good, too, in a expressionist kind of way!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us!! happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.