Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 47 - Sealing The Homunculus
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Nepharski
This is the official talkback and discussion thread for Episode 47. Posting is prohibited until no earlier than Friday 17, 2006. Please do not create duplicate threads of this. Thank you.

"Look, Sloth...your weakness is here."

Edward Elric is forced into an unlikely partnership with Lust, in order to retrieve the Philosopher's Stone and Al from the grasps of Sloth and Tucker. Meanwhile, Pride has sent Mustang and his subordants off to the front lines, and their pre-planned demise, contending with a revenge-crazed Envy and a very much alive and very much out of his mind Archer. Will Ed be able to face his own sin?
Dreakon
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Man, with the final episode countdown reaching the end these weeks are taking even longer then usual!
JoshP1389
This is going to be good stuff. With a nice cliffhanger at the end.
invision
Yess! I can't wait to be in awe for like 15 min, then weakass comercials and then another 15 min which ends in suspense and I get angry because now I have to wait a week to see the next episode.
Tombow
@Nepharski - (As always,) excellent job hosting the episode 47 thread!! happy.gif

Once again, a bit of public service announcement:

List of designated thread hosts to open talk-back thread for the remaining Fma episodes:
(From "Talk-back thread hosts" thread.)

Ep 47: Nepharski
Ep 48: vfdj42
Ep 49: theothersin
Ep 50: Jen_Elric

Note: This does not includes Final episode - episode 51.
Please do not post and ask to be designated as the thread host for the final episode.

If you are not one of these designated talk-back thread starters, PLEASE honor these designated hosts, and please refrain from opening talk-back threads for the remaining FMA epispodes. Thank you!!

BTW, @vfdj42 - Just in case you haven't read it yet, could you kindy check
latest suggestion on safegurding the talk-back threads on "talk-back thread host list" thread.
I'm suggesting opening the talk-back thread early to prevent any more "mishaps."
(If you'd already read it, sorry for being redundant, and please disregard this. Thank you!! smile.gif )
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
oh yeah! cant wait for tomorrow!! YeAhhhhhh!!!! lol...(if you all want..) LETS START THE COUNTDOWN!!!! LoL!....the time is 5:05 pm where i am right now, so 31 hours and 55 minutes left till the episode airs on adult swim!!!!..ithink,lol... YaY!! happy.gif
Shi-chan

I can't wait for this episode! Last weeks episode Trailer was short, but sweet. [Well not really sweet but...] And Lust and Ed team up! Dun Dun Dunh! [And of course more of Aru-chan!]

Time Remaining until Episode 47 "Sealing the Homunculus"--...Er lets see...29 hours...and 37 minutes...?
Melydragon
Man, it seems like the week is going slower than usual. I canīt think of anything but FMA!! (And the homework due Monday. Here I come scale factor problems!)

Yeiiii!!!! The countdown!!

27 hours ans 29 minutes!!! (I think so...)
Nepharski
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 17 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]351038[/snapback]

@Nepharski - (As always,) excellent job hosting the episode 47 thread!! happy.gif

Well, I do what I can, and kill the rest. ph34r.gif

I only wish the teaser line was...better. It just seemed so lacking this time around.
Full Metal Elf
OMG! This episode is AWESOME!...I'm so excited to see the Dub!

[spoiler]There's a LOT of action in this episode!!...[/spoiler]

Can't wait...happy.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 17 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]351263[/snapback]

Can't wait...happy.gif

Going to be a lot of emotional baggage in the trunk as well. Edward must face not just a monster, but one that bears likeness to his mother and, what's more, a beast of his own creation. How fiendishly twisted is that?
r315razor
this 1 looks awsomness!!!

as for a count down ... umm... i suck at math so umm: ##hours ##mins ###sec... wink.gif
Nepharski
It's about 25 hours and 40 minutes until my view the proceedings.
r315razor
I just did math!!! 22 hours 49 min till [adult swim] premere!
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 18 2006, 01:51 AM) [snapback]351337[/snapback]

Can't wait...happy.gif

Going to be a lot of emotional baggage in the trunk as well. Edward must face not just a monster, but one that bears likeness to his mother and, what's more, a beast of his own creation. How fiendishly twisted is that?

Oh yea there will be....that's what makes this a good episode....there's a lot of action and emotional stuff......and some other stuff I won't mention..tongue.gif.....
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 18 2006, 12:26 AM) [snapback]351366[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 18 2006, 01:51 AM) [snapback]351337[/snapback]

Can't wait...happy.gif

Oh yea there will be....that's what makes this a good episode....there's a lot of action and emotional stuff......and some other stuff I won't mention..tongue.gif.....

IT's sooo hard to keep quiet...but this is one of the episodes that i've been waiting for to see dubbed!!!! OH, I can't wait!!!! I was raving about it at work with the token other FMA fan (who isn't this far into the series, so she''s gonna catch the fansub) smile.gif YES! but this is the begining of the end....it's all built up to these final edge-of-your-seat-episodes.....and i need to be careful with what i say, I don't wanna give anything away happy.gif *does tapdance with her Anti-Shao lead pipe* Only18hrs, 8min for me!!!!
Tombow
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 18 2006, 05:55 AM) [snapback]351443[/snapback]

this is the begining of the end....

Exactlly!! I'm so excited for this episode!! happy.gif
Jen_Elric
Oh, it's all coming down the rollercoaster hill now!!
Can't wait to see it!! about 12 hrs. and 15 minutes!! (Woo!)
Sikiu-San
SQUUEEE ^OO^ The end is near and the exictement in me is building back up ^O^ This was in a sence a sweet episode between mother and son but sad when you looked at it from sloth's side sad.gif but! 11 hours and 30 minutes for me ^O^!!
Winry Elric
I can't wait for this episode!!!!!^^ I actually went on this site and saw the first like 7 to 8 minutes in sub, but I was like," Must wait till AdultSwim shows it Saturday!" LOL

And it's getting closer and closer to the final episodes, I can't wait!^^

Yeah! Only 10 hrs and 51 mins to go! biggrin.gif
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 18 2006, 05:55 AM) [snapback]351443[/snapback]

*does tapdance with her Anti-Shao lead pipe*

*Blows french horn of Tucker...love and peace*

Only about five hours and fourty-six minutes left! I can't wait to see this episode, like everyone has said, emotion, action, and a ton of other good stuff. The only sad thing about all this is that the end is coming soon... well not really but yeah. Good job with hosting the thread Nepharski!

Also...after this episode is number 48. Which I have been waiting for most patiently. Ha ha...yeah. *Goes to sew a Tucker Protector flag*
Shi-chan
Ohhh I can't wait!!! These last few episodes are going to be so awesome!!! [Or...so I've heard...] And of course we get to see more of Tucker...*holds up Anti-tucker sign* Why is it that every Character I like in FMA dies...and everyone I dislike live on...despite the fact they should have been killed. [Ex #1: Tucker! Ex#2: Archer!]

Time Remaining til' Episode 47 [And Aru-chan!]: 5 hours 28 minutes
Nepharski
The Tucker in the anime, though undoubtably deserving of hatered, is more sympathetic. He's forced into, what HE deems, a no-win situation, and goes somewhat crazy. Does that justify what he did? No. But, you can see how a man could be pushed to the edge, especially with the likes of Basque Grand breathing down his neck.

In the Manga, however, Tucker is under no such scenario. He is perfectly sane when he transmutes Nina, and fully deserving of his fate at Scar's hands. However, after he is killed, he lives on in Ed's memory, seemingly taunting him for not being able to save Nina. As big a monster as he is in the Anime, his Manga counterpart is argueably worse, despite rather decreased screen time.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
its 6:48pm where i am...so theres 5 hours and 12 minutes left!!...NEED...TO....SEE....NEXT...EPISODE!!!!....COME ON!!!!...time NEEDS to come by fast!! *sigh*
kiori
3 1/2 hours!!! I can't wait!!! I want it to hurry so I can see the rest but at the same time... once the series is over Saturday's will seem uneventful. Oh well I'll just buy the dvd's and watch them over and over again. (and wait a year for the movie -_-cause I wont watch subtitles!!!!!)
Dreakon
QUOTE(kiori @ Feb 18 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]351727[/snapback]

(and wait a year for the movie -_-cause I wont watch subtitles!!!!!)

Good for you! Down with subs, yay for dubs! smile.gif

3 hours and 12 minutes till new FMA!!!
Shi-chan
Well...I will agree with the 'Manga-Tucker' is worse than the 'Anime-Tucker'...I honestly think I pity him ['Anime-Tucker' I mean]. Still...I think It would be better if he just died [Argo the anti-Tucker-sign.] As for Archer...Well... mellow.gif... I just don't like him (XP)

Anyways...Only 1 hour and 38 minutes until Episode 47!!!
Melydragon
Canīt wait any longer!!!!

1 hour and 19 minutes for FMA!!
Iaido
Yeah, I know you guys don't know me......but I need to vent my "Geeezzzzz come on, I can't wait any longer. Only one hour five minutes to go."
Dreakon
I'm getting this, "this video will be awesome for my AMV's", feeling! smile.gif Only about an hour left.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Shi-chan @ Feb 18 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]351637[/snapback]

And of course we get to see more of Tucker...*holds up Anti-tucker sign* Why is it that every Character I like in FMA dies...and everyone I dislike live on...despite the fact they should have been killed. [Ex #1: Tucker! Ex#2: Archer!]

Time Remaining til' Episode 47 [And Aru-chan!]: 5 hours 28 minutes

AH-HA!!!! Another recruit for the Anti-Shao Movment!!!! Come join us, my dear shi-chan....choose your weapon and help give Tucker the beating he deserves happy.gif I think that our number is officially...like...6 or something....i dunno...i lost count in the Episode 46 thread...and I'm too lazy to go back and count laugh.gif WE all know who we are!!!! *jumps on overturned crate and holds lead pipe up in the air as a rallying cry* UNITE ONCE AGAIN, MY PEOPLE, HERE..IN THIS THREAD...WE WILL CONTINUE TO SEEK OUT VENGENGE!!!!!!

only 50minutes until ep47...YAY!!!
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
46 minutes left!!....CANT...WAIT!!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
this episode is going to be so bittersweet T_T [spoiler] Edward is going to have to see his mother die yet again right before his eyes sad.gif [/spoiler] ;_;

31 more minutes!!!!!! yay! happy.gif
Shi-chan
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 18 2006, 11:13 PM) [snapback]351843[/snapback]

AH-HA!!!! Another recruit for the Anti-Shao Movment!!!! Come join us, my dear shi-chan....choose your weapon and help give Tucker the beating he deserves happy.gif I think that our number is officially...like...6 or something....i dunno...i lost count in the Episode 46 thread...and I'm too lazy to go back and count laugh.gif WE all know who we are!!!! *jumps on overturned crate and holds lead pipe up in the air as a rallying cry* UNITE ONCE AGAIN, MY PEOPLE, HERE..IN THIS THREAD...WE WILL CONTINUE TO SEEK OUT VENGENGE!!!!!!

only 50minutes until ep47...YAY!!!

'Anti-Shou-movement' Eh...Well I suppose I would rather enjoy beating him to a pulp. (XP) He deserves it for what he did to poor Nina-chan! Alrightie! 'Molecular Alchemist'-san *picks up sign* I shall beat him with this! My Anti-Tucker sign!!!

And on a more positive note [Not that beating Tucker isn't positive (>_<)]. Only 11 more minutes til the episode!!!
Sikiu-San
its starting here and it already looks really good =O!! <<33333333
kaizenyorii
first commercial - if id heard of fma and was watching it for the first time today, id think al is a 6-8 year old trapped in armor
Alchemic Boom
As for the countdown...well it's on right now.

*Builds a hut around Tucker* He's not completely bad in the anime... and you can't really hate Archer! Or maybe that's just if you're me...

First half of episode seen and the dubbing is great as usual. I love the part in the beginning where Wrath has his spasm and believes that Sloth is his mother now. Now to wait for the dang commercals to be done with and see the second half...
Nepharski
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 18 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]351898[/snapback]

*Builds a hut around Tucker* He's not completely bad in the anime... and you can't really hate Archer! Or maybe that's just if you're me...

First half of episode seen and the dubbing is great as usual. I love the part in the beginning where Wrath has his spasm and believes that Sloth is his mother now. Now to wait for the dang commercals to be done with and see the second half...

Archer's the kind of guy you love to hate. That's why we need to protect him, from angry fans and rust.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 18 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]351898[/snapback]

*Gets flame thrower out*...BACK AWAY FROM THE HUT, BOOM..I KNOW HE"S IN THERE!!!

Yup..another wonderous episode...teaches you that you can ever get enough chemistry! ohh yeah...re-arranging all of the carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen bonds to ethanol....that was an awsome idea happy.gif although...there was sulfer in that reaction too...that had to smell...somewhat laugh.gif

And way to go Lust, for beating Wrath's butt! And, let's not forget Sloth, who...even though she may be a wiff of air now...she DID attempt to drown Tucker!!! (yay) but...she tried to kill Ed...bad Sloth...BAD!! mad.gif

Edit:
You know, i forgot that this is the end of Lust. She got a bad wrap throughout this show. She was the first of them to be haunted by memories of past lives, the first to be near the philospher's stone and have to let it get away because her locket was attached, the first humunculi to get crucified for like..4 episodes, first to actually understand what dante was planing on doing with the stone... sad.gif But...in the end, she did become a "human" so to speak...she lost all of her stones and got to die....just like she wanted...kinda just like Greed...o_O
DJ_Zephyr
Another exceptional episode, tho they've all been very good lately.

Lust is fun as hell to watch, when she swings out with a handful of those claws. Hated to watch her die at the hands of that twerp Wraith.

I give Sloth points for trying to drown Tucker. 'Bout time someone tried to kill 'im! But I take those points back for trying to kill her own children. Hell, she even tried to USE one of her own children to do it! But those two had some clever tricks this time around- shoving the split transmutation circles together was brilliant, and turning her to ethanol is more proof of Ed's genious.

The worst part? The ending- IT CAME TOO EARLY!!! Is it just me, or are these episodes getting shorter?
Dreakon
QUOTE(DJ_Zephyr @ Feb 19 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]351968[/snapback]

The worst part? The ending- IT CAME TOO EARLY!!! Is it just me, or are these episodes getting shorter?

No kidding, I have no idea how I'm gonna make it to next week! Guess I would start working on my AMV's again. biggrin.gif
Sikiu-San
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 19 2006, 04:06 AM) [snapback]351919[/snapback]

She got a bad wrap throughout this show. She was the first of them to be haunted by memories of past lives, the first to be near the philospher's stone and have to let it get away because her locket was attached, the first humunculi to get crucified for like..4 episodes, first to actually understand what dante was planing on doing with the stone... sad.gif But...in the end, she did become a "human" so to speak...she lost all of her stones and got to die....just like she wanted...kinda just like Greed...o_O

Crucified haha xD but yeah i know what you mean. In a yeah she did become human because she was able to make choices on her own and she had feelings like a human. She fels somthing for Scar's brother and for Scar and she embraced that instead of pushing it away like sloth tried to do.

Now im slightly confused, did they ever show Archer yet o_O? NOO wait! thats next week xD k i got it. Everything is running together for me @_x I really dont like Archer sleep.gif He is a war hungry *insert bad word here* I mean the man had half of his body blown off and he STILL lives! mad.gif I swear i dont understand what it is with this bringing back the bad guys in the anime xD first tucker, who was killed by scar in the manga, then archer... who in a way was inured by scar..haha xD ironic. Is there anyone i forgot who was bad but they brought back to life?
And yes i know the manga and anime are different i was just pointing stuff out.
Jen_Elric
Awesome episode! Kinda sad to see Lust die, esp. by Wrath!
And Sloth using one of her own sons as a shield. Very wrong.
Oh! And Tucker actually had the gall to ask Al if he can try again! Sloth should have just killed him.

Now, what's the deal with Winry at the end? Seemed out of place.
theothersin
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Feb 19 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]352011[/snapback]

I think she watched Ed kill Sloth or something. The setting looked like the warehouse.........

This episode was great...wonder how the military will react when 'Juliet Douglas' isn't there anymore. Still hate Tucker....he got very desperate. Can't believe he asked Al to try again! *Holds up mauling book* I'm here for the Anti-Shao movement!
Joe J
This episode has my new all-time favorite FMA quote.

Ed: "Damn it! There's so many idiots whose asses I have to kick. I'll have to start carrying a list to keep track of them all."

laugh.gif

So, awesome!

Peace,
Joe J.
Automne
QUOTE(theothersin Posted Today @ 11:23 AM)
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Feb 19 2006 @ 11:12 AM)

I think she watched Ed kill Sloth or something. The setting looked like the warehouse.........

Haha, you have know idea of who it really was? biggrin.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(theothersin @ Feb 19 2006, 11:23 AM) [snapback]352015[/snapback]

This episode was great...wonder how the military will react when 'Juliet Douglas' isn't there anymore. Still hate Tucker....he got very desperate. Can't believe he asked Al to try again! *Holds up mauling book* I'm here for the Anti-Shao movement!

Mwahahaha!! Welcome aboard! *shakes hand* Now, choose a weapon and you make number 8, I believe happy.gif Ohhh, a mauling book, that will come in handy...yes, indeed..hahahaha!

QUOTE(Joe J @ Feb 19 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]352024[/snapback]

Ed: "Damn it! There's so many idiots whose asses I have to kick. I'll have to start carrying a list to keep track of them all."

laugh.gif

So, awesome!

Oh I know....It's like one of my fav's too (i didn't know whether to laugh or cheer the first time that i heard it) GO ED!!! laugh.gif
Full Metal Elf
OMG!! The dubbing was awesome!!!!! I was so happy! And this episode is nuts! happy.gif.....

But....RIP Lust...RIP Sloth...lol...Lust will be missed.

And I can't wait for the next one..the next one is one of my favorites!!
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(Joe J @ Feb 19 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]352024[/snapback]

laugh.gif

So, awesome!

XD Who didn't love that quote? I'm trying to remember if that was in the original sub...

Now since I never got to fully talk about the episode I think I'll finish off. Poor Lust, died to soon it seems...But did she have to die from Wrath? I mean reallly. Oh something interesting. How come when Lust died she basically just well...died? Greed had his spasm and died like a bug. Well, going on anyhow this episode increased my dislike for Sloth and Wrath quite a bit. But now I appreciate Ed's genious more.

The ending with Winry seems like a cute/good thing with her seeing that Ed and Al finally overcame Sloth but...we have to remember Winry's in Resembool. Well you'll see. wink.gif

Oh and yes Archer will be back very soon. For anyone who's seen the whole series, I find it ironic what happens to him in the end.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 19 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]352036[/snapback]

QUOTE(Joe J @ Feb 19 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]352024[/snapback]

laugh.gif

So, awesome!

XD Who didn't love that quote? I'm trying to remember if that was in the original sub...

Yup, it's in the original sub...well, at least a varient of it is in the sub. Somehow, i remember this episode having a bit more cursing, as well as some use of the almighty "F-word"...but....hey...that's what happens when the dubbers get their hands on it. *sigh* still, it's a good quote...made me happy.

And long live alchemists/scientists that can think on their feet! The surface tension of water + salt = sloth exploding was another good trick! laugh.gif

and as for all the Winry talk.......now i remember...well, that answers a question that i had about 2 weeks ago...and i couldnt answer because my subs were loaned out. (i guess i could have just popped the dvd in again now that i have them back, but i'm lazy ) rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.