Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Beauty Of Your Own Artwork
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Mercy_Alchemist94
Arianna, I really like how that turned out! It looks like you drew it on the computer, now for me I have trouble drawing with a mouse and so does the rest of my family, if it was on the computer then I am very impressed. It looks just like how it did in the movie...

As for a background, I thinking a surreal scene... Maybe like pale-green and pink looking smoke/fog/clouds? Just a suggestion. happy.gif

Keep it up!
asunder
QUOTE(karaisrad @ Dec 31 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]489954[/snapback]
for some reason, it wont let me upload ANY picture into the gallery. i want to post my pic in the alterations or w/e. is that okay? i just dont know why it uploaded here and it wont let me in the gallery? i already uploaded two in the gallery but it wont let me do anymore?? there all jpeg so thats not the issue and i am signed in. its just weird i get 2 error messages. and i cant contact anybody via email cus its not sending (i get a mailor daemon thing ; returned mail )sad.gif

anyways, does anyone have any ideas?

karaisrad You uploaded 49_27.jpg ( 62.91k ) 3 times and Full_Metal_Alchemist___01_062.jpg ( 52.06k ) 2 times....These 5 uploads of 2 pics are waiting approval by a gallery moderator. In the future, please be patient and only upload an image *once*.
arianna
thanks mercy happy.gif yea, the mouse is a little hard to use at first . thankfully i got a tablet for christmas, and it has maken everything much eaiser, though i'm still getting used to it.

i was thinking green for the background to... *goes to play with the background*

wait, i already submitted it withought a background to the gallery... i wounder if i will be able to update it...
Nekokitty
Hurrah, I have returned to spam the art thread, again! xD
Ling as a llama!!
Don't ask what was going through my head when I drew that.....
Ranfan realistically
Just to show ya how much I suck at drawing realistically.....
Keoni
Wow, so many new artworks!

seventh_sky yours looks awesome! I like the hair, very well done. Makes me want to go and watch the anime smile.gif The style reminds me of Gundam Seed... *is odd like that*

arianna, your Al is really beautiful! I like the way you shaded it, good job! Backgrounds always kill me. They take almost as long as the actual picture, in my case. Maybe you should add something blue-ish, like Mercy_Alchemist94 said surreal.. blue would go nice with the red in Al's coat

Ling_chan LlamaLing made me laugh laugh.gif And now I'm stuck with the Llama Song in my head XD.
Realistic RanFan is very pretty, she looks a bit shy happy.gif Great job.

My Turn biggrin.gif
ItachixDeidara
I still can't believe I've drawn shonen-ai.. rolleyes.gif But don't worry, the pic is not ewww and I've always thought Dei looks more like a girl anyway laugh.gif
Tell me what you think, okay? happy.gif
Mercy_Alchemist94
Keoni, That's cute! I don't think I could draw shonen-ai... I'm used to drawing Girl/Boy because if I were to draw other wise... Well, my parents would freak. So yeah.
I like it!
Tombow
Gahh, so many more posted in the last few days!! Great!! biggrin.gif

@Ling_chan - Love your Ling, Edo & Aru nekos!! Love the expression of Ed neko!! laugh.gif
And, Ling as a llama is so fitting!! I love it!! Nice RanFan, too!! biggrin.gif

@arianna That is a lovely Winry drawing!!
Beautiful eyes, and nice shading and highlighting of the hair and the head!!
I also like yur Al fanart, too!! biggrin.gif

@Mercy_Alchemist94 - Cute drawings by cute artists!! happy.gif

@seventh_sky - Wow, that's handsome looking Seth drawing!! Nice to see your drawing again!! happy.gif

@Keoni - You are getting so good!! Yeah, it reminds me of Roy and Riza!! (You know me!! >.<)
Wonderful work!! happy.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(arianna @ Jan 1 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]490138[/snapback]
i can't figure out how to start my own topic :/ i want to start my own fanart thread, but whenever i click 'new topic' everything goes blank when i try to type

QUOTE(karaisrad @ Jan 1 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]490191[/snapback]
yea its not working for me either...grrrrrrrr

@arianna and karaisrad - You two are using Internet Explorer as your browser, correct??
The board had gone through some upgrading recently, and ever since, people who are using IE as the browser are having that problem. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon... sad.gif
Mercy_Alchemist94
thanks mercy happy.gif yea, the mouse is a little hard to use at first . thankfully i got a tablet for christmas, and it has maken everything much eaiser, though i'm still getting used to it.

i was thinking green for the background to... *goes to play with the background*

wait, i already submitted it withought a background to the gallery... i wounder if i will be able to update it...

(Man I'm late for quoting.)

Maybe I should ask for one.... I mean, pictures drawn on the computer look less scratchy and the colors look so good!

(Dude, I just notice, highlight the " happy.gif " smiley and it looks evil and/or mad! Well, for my computer anyway.)
seventh_sky
QUOTE(Keoni @ Jan 2 2007, 05:54 PM) [snapback]490524[/snapback]
seventh_sky yours looks awesome! I like the hair, very well done. Makes me want to go and watch the anime smile.gif The style reminds me of Gundam Seed... *is odd like that*

Shhhhhh.....

The reference picture I used for shading and pose was the Chairman guy from Gundam SEED Destiny, but it's not supposed to be really obvious XD
AA battery
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46625857/ <--- desu.
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
Desu? I think that's wrong. XD Anyway your fan art is quite cute.
Nikki Neko
@seventh_sky

Love the shading wink.gif

@Ariana

Saw your pics in the gallery,excellent work happy.gif

@Ling Chan

I adore the Ling Lama X3 RanFan's eyes are beautiful smile.gif

@Keoni

Your picture is kawaii,so sweet.I LOVE Deidara's hair happy.gif (I wonder why Masashi Kishimoto made a lot of the boys in Naruto look like girls)

btw,awsome signature you got there happy.gif

@AA Battery

That artwork is so adorable!I think the colouring is terrific!The eyes are so kawaii too happy.gif I think you did a great job on it!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alrighty,now its my turn smile.gif

This upcoming artworks (Which I'm going to submit into the fanart gallery soon) are my fma fanfic characters happy.gif Sorry,I have to use paint since I don't have photoshop >< Well,here are the names:

Sephina Cybel

Liesha Riley

and finally Yin Liang (sorry,I rushed on her)

And I'm going to put some of my other artwork thats already in the fanart gallery,but I'm just going to update them happy.gif

Scieska!

Alphonse x Mei Chang

Alphonse x my fanfic character Sephina Cybel (they're not paired in my fanfic,this was just for fun)

Winry,Rose,and Riza

Corniche R. Royce from the 4th fma video game Stray Rondo (shocking,isn't it?)
Tombow
@AA - That's the old one?? Yeah, I can still see your style!! Cute!! biggrin.gif

@Nikki Neko - Nice drawings!! I like your OCs!! Especially, Sephina Cybel!!
Those are your fanfic characters?? Nice!! happy.gif
Nikki Neko
@Tombow

Thanks! happy.gif I created them myself happy.gif and I have some more Ocs of the same fanfic,they're pretty good OCs I'll probably post them up later happy.gif I'm happy you like Sephina Cybel,she's one of the main characters besides Ed,Al,the Tringham brothers,and more happy.gif
ゆきえいり
here's one i drew of eiri yuki from gravitation.

original:

colorful:

please leave feedback.
Nekokitty
Thanks for all the compliements on my artwork. I didn't respond because I was feeling lazy.
@ Nikki Neko, I love your artstyle and coloring skills.
@Yuki Eiri: !I like the way you drew Eiri Yuki! biggrin.gif

--Edited this post, Thanks AABattery. I don't know how to read Japanese lettering.....
AA battery
QUOTE(Ling_chan @ Jan 23 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]496873[/snapback]
Thanks for all the compliements on my artwork. I didn't respond because I was feeling lazy.
@ Nikki Neko, I love your artstyle and coloring skills.
@Person above me: Sorry I can't type your username! But I like the way you drew Eiri Yuki! biggrin.gif

Her username spells Yuki Eiri.......
Tombow
@ゆきえいり - Nice drawing of eiri yuki!! happy.gif

@Ling_chan - If your computer suppoert it, you can "copy & paste" Yuki Eiri's Board ID as is. biggrin.gif
(But, that's right, I did not realize this till you mentioned it, but we do have several members with board IDs spelled in Japanese letters, and most of board members do not read Japanese, and that means most people have no idea what theier names are??!! ohmy.gif
...Or, they can always put their board ID in English in their sig, I guess... smile.gif )
ゆきえいり
hey! thanks for the feedback! i like alot of yours too. i''l be more specific when i have more time (i'm at school). i guess my user name thingy is confusing to you all, huh? sorry about that. i read and speak japanese (self taught), so i used it. happy.gif. and like AA Batery said, it does spell eiri yuki.

Ling Chan I like your lamma pic. lol. and really like the drawing of ran fan as a real person. it's really great!!!!
AA Batery I love that graphic of Ed and Al. Nicely done!!!!

ok. here's two more. one of yuki and riku, one of ed.
ed:
Click to view attachment

yuki and riku:
Click to view attachment

whatcha think???? happy.gif_^

<Merged another double posting, posted after Asu-san's initial editing. Also edited and changed two oversized pic images to attachments. 01/24/07 ~Tombow>
Tombow
@ゆきえいり - Nice drawings!! I like the Ed one very much!! biggrin.gif
And, you self-taught reading Japanese?? That's awesome!!

Oh, and the reason your three posts were all merged is.. posting consecutively on the same thread, even in the case of there's time period between them, is called "double posting," and it is a big no-no on our board.
If you are the last person who had posted on the thread, instead of making another post, please edit your last post and add the mew content onto your last post. smile.gif

Also, I did change two pics in your post above to attachments, because they were causing the forum page to stretch out sideways humongously. biggrin.gif
In the future, (if you can post with regular ADDREPLY,) please use attachment function to post oversized pics.

To use "Attachment" function:
Have you pic saved on your computer.
Look right under the reply post composing box, and find Select a file, then click on Browse..., select the pic file on your computer, then click OPEN, then click UPLOAD.
When uploading is done (when the going round and round thing stops) click on Manage Current Attachments (1), then click on the icon of "paper with Green cross," and attachment thumbnail will be inserted to where you placed the cursor at that time.

If you are using FastReply to post because you can not use regular ADDREPLY button, then if you have large sized pic, instead of using IMAGE function, simply post the link. smile.gif
ゆきえいり
ooookkkkk. thanks! gomen, wakaranai! (srry, i had no clue). and thanks for the help! happy.gif also, arigatou for the the compliments on the new pix. i'm gonna put another one up when i get home. lol. i'm not just self taught in reading it. also speaking it.
AA battery
x_X Can you just use English only, please? Not everyone can read Japanese here, and English is the universal language in this forum. It's confusing to be reading all these Japanese mixed into English sentences when people don't understand the slightest bit of Japanese.

And this is an art thread. I don't think constantly reminding us that you taught yourself Japanese, and that you speak Japanese all the time, is related to drawing itself at all.

And just so that I don't go off-topic, here is a pic that I did at least a year ago.

Edamame
AA Battery: Cute artwork! I really like the little cat with the milk bottle.
Tombow
@AA battery - I tink remember some of them.. maybe your ava or sig or somewhere. Cute!! biggrin.gif
Tho I don't think I have seen the kittie before, and I agree with Edamame, it's cuuute!! happy.gif

OT:
@ゆきえいり - Maybe you can put a note in your sig saying "My board ID is in Japanese, and it's Yuki Eiri" or something so that non-Japanese speaking/reading members will clearly know how to call you when responding to your posts?? Just a thought!! biggrin.gif
Oh, and we have Teach Japanese thread. Maybe you can show us some Japanese there?? happy.gif
ゆきえいり
thanks. i think i'll do that. sorry for using japanese on this thread and getting off topic.
AA Bateryi like your drawing. really cute!
Ailuro

No rules against oekaki, are there? :p

I was too lazy to shade it.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 26 2007, 08:58 PM) [snapback]497667[/snapback]

No rules against oekaki, are there? tongue.gif

laugh.gif I love it! It looks very playful and I love the coloring. Very nice.
Tombow
@Airulo-san - I like it, I like it!! I agree with ScarMySoul, very playful and fun!! happy.gif
Could you post more of your oekaki?? biggrin.gif
Edamame
Ailuro: Your fox picture is so cute! (It could be in a Miyazaki film)
Ailuro
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 26 2007, 09:41 PM) [snapback]497750[/snapback]
@Airulo-san - I like it, I like it!! I agree with ScarMySoul, very playful and fun!! happy.gif
Could you post more of your oekaki?? biggrin.gif

Okay, but you asked for it.

His initials are L.S.D. so that is what I'll refer to him as. Just a quick doodle thing, so the shading and coloring aren't too grand. The anatomy needs work as well. Also, I tend tilt my head when I draw, so my drawings sometimes come out sideways, like this one.

No stealing, even if it is only a doodle. :x
Popogeejo
...*Seething envy*
Very nice, Aily. The eyes are really good.
This forum is crawling with far to many talented artists... tongue.gif
Tian Ai
I was going to make a topic, but it's being evil and the page is all screwed up... o__o

This was one of my first FMA pieces...One of the only ones, too XD The others are too embarrassing to show because they were done a year ago, but I'm planning on drawing a lot more...tongue.gif

I tried a different style and it came out kind of...weird...

Sorry about the smudges, it's something I don't think I'll ever draw without. ><

Flames/critique welcomed!
Tombow
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Jan 27 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]497883[/snapback]
This forum is crawling with far to many talented artists... tongue.gif
@Popo - I agree!! And, I think it's awesome!! biggrin.gif

Airulo-san - Wow, such a nice crisp drawing!!
Simple yet sophisticated, and it catches your attention right away, and doesn't let go!!
Beautiful works on those eyes!! Very, very nice!! happy.gif

@Tian Ai - Welcome to the forums!! biggrin.gif
I'm a big fan of Riza, so I'm thrilled to see your drawing!!
I like that you added those phrases in English and Chinese!! Very nice!! happy.gif
And, in case your are having problems with opening a new thread, and you are using Internet Explorer, maybe this might help you explain what's happening??
Ailuro
QUOTE(Tian Ai @ Jan 27 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]497957[/snapback]
Flames/critique welcomed!

Mkay.

First of all, the hips are too small. Even if it is a skinny girl, there will always be fat around the hips.

Second, the ear is too far down. The top of the ear should be about halfway between the eyebrow and the top of the eye, if not, at the top of the eye. How else do you think glasses work?

The eyebrows are too far down, even if she's somber, the eyebrows should be about an eye length higher. In the case of anime, I'd say perhaps half than that because the eyes are huge. View the image below for an example.

Her left arm looks bent... like rubber. Must be painful.

The folds don't look natural. It'd be too hard to explain how this works, so my advice is just look at real life examples.

Though I must say you did a lovely job on the hair. The only qualm I'd have about that is that it's too detailed. You don't have to draw every individual hair. For a smoother look, try just drawing the body of the hair in clumps. View the image below for an example.
seventh_sky
@AA battery: That is sooooo cute!

@Yuki Eiri: Your art is very pretty!

@Ailuro: The eyes on the second picture! HOW DO YOU DO THEM????

@Tian Ai: Yeah, fix the things that Ailuro pointed out. It's a good drawing tho, I can't draw full bodies to save my life XD

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I didn't put this one up before...

Chrono from Chrono Crusade....a basic sketch of him I did on my computer in about 3 hours. A greyscale version is in the works, and I do hope to color him someday...

Tian Ai
Tombow: Yeah I guess you could say I have this habit of writing phrases in, mostly just to fill up the space...XS Thanks for the link! I never read those threads, so I never know what's going on and someone always has to tell me...makes me feel like an idiot tongue.gif

Ailuro: Thanks, the pictures really helped too biggrin.gif There's always something I'll do that will look extremely awkward or just not right, and the body is usually what I mess up on... well, time for more practice!

seventh_sky: I'm really bad at drawing bodies too @@" I'll try fixing it over and over again but all it does is make an ugly gray blob in the end...:sigh: Ahh I loved Chrono Crusade biggrin.gif I like the way you did the eyes and the marks (are they marks?) on his forehead...
Ailuro
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Jan 27 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]497983[/snapback]
@Ailuro: The eyes on the second picture! HOW DO YOU DO THEM????

Hehe. I'm glad everyone likes the eyes, I wanted them to be the attention grabber of the picture, since eyes are so sexy. <3

I just... did them? Hard to explain. Practice!
AA battery
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 26 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]497559[/snapback]
@AA battery - I tink remember some of them.. maybe your ava or sig or somewhere. Cute!! biggrin.gif
Tho I don't think I have seen the kittie before, and I agree with Edamame, it's cuuute!! happy.gif

hmm really? That's strange... Unless someone decided to outline and color my crappy pic when I first posted the draft version 1.5 year ago. =\

Personally I did not do any finalizing for this pic since I don't really like it... It's in the same condition as 1.5 years ago, lol. And probably still stay in this draft condition forever, heh.

Tombow
@AA battery -Yap, I remember seeing them!! biggrin.gif
1.5 years ago, huh?? (Hmmm... Do you have something more recent you'd like to share?? laugh.gif )

@seventh_sky - Nice Chrono sketch!! (Color it, color it!! biggrin.gif )

@Tian Ai - Ailuro-san is the expert critic for drawings/paintings on our board.. listen to her, and you wouldn't go wrong!! biggrin.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 27 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]498157[/snapback]
@AA battery -Yap, I remember seeing them!! biggrin.gif
1.5 years ago, huh?? (Hmmm... Do you have something more recent you'd like to share?? laugh.gif )

Nope, the child Ed and Al pic and the random comics that I posted earlier were the most recent ones, since I am not really into drawing anymore.

or maybe this, which is where my avatar comes from, but then it's not THAT recent either... moreover, it's not a FMA fanart, but then many people here don't post FMA fanarts, despite that it's a FMA forum... oh well, I haven't drawn any good pics in teh past 9 months, so I guess that will do. ._.

ok... should I be happy that someone might be stealing my crappy drawing, or should I try to find out who they are and shoot them, or maybe it just so happens that someone has a really similar drawing style as I do...?
Tombow
@AA battery - Nop, not that one. I remember seeing the FMA ones long time ago.
If I remember where, and turned out that was somebody-else taking yours, I'll let you know, then you can cook the person anyway you want!! tongue.gif

And, it's too bad you are not into drawings lately. I really like your chibi style.. unsure.gif

BTW, yeah, it's ok that people post non-FMA artworks here, as long as the person also posts FMA fanarts. .. according to Fanart posting Guidelines. biggrin.gif
I guess it's sort of like the same way we are FMA board but it also contains non-FMA forums. smile.gif
Dagger
Wow everyone is so good
Well here is one of mine, this would be one of the 1st FMA drawings I've done I know I stuffed up his hair T_T and his face O.o
Alphonse Elric everyone
Tombow
@Dagger - Welcome to the Fanart forum!!
That is a cute looking Alphonse Elric!!
Nice to see your drawing here!! happy.gif
Tian Ai
Hi Dagger biggrin.gif I like your shading, maybe because I've NEVER shaded good in my life...X(
AA battery
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 28 2007, 12:38 AM) [snapback]498164[/snapback]
@AA battery - Nop, not that one. I remember seeing the FMA ones long time ago.
If I remember where, and turned out that was somebody-else taking yours, I'll let you know, then you can cook the person anyway you want!! tongue.gif

And, it's too bad you are not into drawings lately. I really like your chibi style.. unsure.gif

BTW, yeah, it's ok that people post non-FMA artworks here, as long as the person also posts FMA fanarts. .. according to Fanart posting Guidelines. biggrin.gif
I guess it's sort of like the same way we are FMA board but it also contains non-FMA forums. smile.gif

Yea, I know that you meant the drawing with 11 FMA characters... uh I mean 10, since the cat doesn't count XD

Since you asked if I have a more recent one to share, I posted the one where my avatar is from, that's all (the only good recent pic I did, lol)
seventh_sky
@Dagger: The shading is good- work on your proportions a little more happy.gif

ahh..the shaded Chrono picture...

rather messy, but I did kinda rush on it >_>
ed_drink_your_milk
Saff-That's really good!! And if you hadn't told that you rushed, I would have thought you were just drawing it sketchy on purpose. XD
Ailuro
She worked on the lines for three hours. But the shading was rushed. wink.gif
seventh_sky
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Jan 28 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]498354[/snapback]
Saff-That's really good!! And if you hadn't told that you rushed, I would have thought you were just drawing it sketchy on purpose. XD

Ailuro knows everything XD But yeah, it's drawn sketchy partly cuz of the rushing and partly because I just can't draw straight lines on the computer. Hey, Ailuro give me some criticism *wails*

And coloring it proved to be a pain in the butt. Will it get colored? I don't know >_> If anyone wants to try, let me know and I can send you the .xcf.....
AA battery
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/32307379/ <-- Don't think I have posted this here.... slightly roy/ed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.