Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Beauty Of Your Own Artwork
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
ScarMySoul
Here are more of my InuYasha drawings. I have to say I love drawing this anime the most. smile.gif The Sesshoumaru one I copied from a computerized drawing so I take no credit as far as redoing it.

[attachmentid=5895][attachmentid=5893][attachmentid=5894]
Tombow
@KiorujiXeroxGurl - WAAAAA!!! You're going!!! I knew this will come since you told us about it, but regardless, it makes soooo sad to see you go!!! sad.gif
You've been such a wonderful force in the whole Fanart forum, and your will be greatly missed!!
I, as well as others will keep this thread going, in honor of your contribution to this forum, but I hope you can find little time in between your busy studying to stop by here now and then!!
Study well, and good luck with everything!! happy.gif

@Cheez_n_ Maeve - Congratulations!! And, that one came out so good!!
Younger you is sooo cute!! And you mom looks so beautiul!!
Nice drawing, and wonderful jobs on hers, and your lovely hairs!!
Such a nice and sweet drawing!! How sweet of you to flame it, and present it to your mom!!
I can imagine your mom's wonderful surprize!! happy.gif

@Lone Wolf - Oh, finally!! laugh.gif
And, I love your charcter for Avatar: The Last Airbender!!
Nice drawing, shadowing and highlighting, and I love the costume, and nice job with fire and water bending part, too!! (Yeah I like the show.) biggrin.gif

@ScarMySoul - Wow, all your Inuyasha drawings are amazingly good!!
You even got evil/full youkai Inuyasha dead-on right!!
Simply awsome!! biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jun 10 2006, 01:37 AM) [snapback]409591[/snapback]

Thanks!

I have artwork that isn't anime related too. I can post that if everyone would like.

ph34r.gif
Fayth Prophecy
Well, here's a new piccy for you all. It's from one of my own mangas called DEATH. -No longer a project. It kinda...died.-
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Fayth Prophecy @ Jun 10 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]410027[/snapback]

Well, here's a new piccy for you all. It's from one of my own mangas called DEATH. -No longer a project. It kinda...died.-

That's a very nice drawing.

smile.gif
alchemist x
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Jun 10 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]409734[/snapback]

Thanks!

I have artwork that isn't anime related too. I can post that if everyone would like.

ph34r.gif

Yes,

would like biggrin.gif

FMAlover^
My arts are all at my devart page.
PUKE
I like your drawings Fayth Prophecy. (:

Well, let's see. I'm afraid I got some stuff here to show off. Because I love attention like that, jk. ;p
NOTE: Click to enlarge.

Fullmetal Alchemist (Aru holding Edo plushie):
IPB Image

Azumanga Daioh! (Chiyo-madness):
IPB Image

Just those images because the rest are either: NC-17 or just too gross for your viewing pleasure. (:
ScarMySoul
[attachmentid=5940]
[attachmentid=5939]
[attachmentid=5938]

Well two aren't anime and the sesshoumaru obviously is lol.

Hope you like em.

ph34r.gif
Toby-Chan
Dude, that Hei/Noa pic?

S'like a bad rash. Just keeps on coming back. Not really complaining though; as I make major improvements with every silly little tinker I feel the need to make.

But you're probably bored of it already.

Which is why I have... *drumroll*

Alphonse Elric!
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 11 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]410621[/snapback]

Dude, that Hei/Noa pic?

S'like a bad rash. Just keeps on coming back. Not really complaining though; as I make major improvements with every silly little tinker I feel the need to make.

But you're probably bored of it already.

Which is why I have... *drumroll*

Alphonse Elric!

wow those are really nice!!!

I like the Hei/Noa picture the best.

wink.gif
Keoni
Wow! You go away for a few days and this is what happends! blink.gif
I better start catching up than!

@Cheez_n_ Maeve Aww! That present for your mum is really pretty! I bet she was pretty happy with it. It's such a great gift!

@Lone Wolf Wow, that's really cool. Is that from Avatar? unsure.gif I like it a lot! You have great skillz with photoshop!

@ScarMySoul Wah! That is so cool *speechless* I really don't know what to say. I'm really impressed!

@ Fayth Prophecy: Oh I love it! I like evrything about it! Too bad youyr prodject 'died' It looks interesting

@ PUKE: Pretty! i love the one with Ed and Al! You really good with expressions! NC-17 huh? LOL, better not show them here then laugh.gif

@ Toby-chan: I don't think I'll ever grow tired of that one! I really like it a lot! I think it's really good you aim to improve it. I usually finish them and then leave them to die ^^
I like your Alphonse to. Your really good with complicated positions, it looks really great!
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Keoni @ Jun 12 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]410835[/snapback]

Wow! You go away for a few days and this is what happends! blink.gif
I better start catching up than!

@ScarMySoul Wah! That is so cool *speechless* I really don't know what to say. I'm really impressed!

LOL thanks. I'm quite proud of my Skull drawing. Took me three months to finish that.

cool.gif

By the way I love your siggy.
Fayth Prophecy
IPB Image

Talho from Eureka 7.

I've still got a few more art peices, but I'll upload those later
Fontine_the_crazy_alchemist
@ Fayth Prophecy Nice Job on Talho!! i love Eureka 7.
PUKE
@ Fayth Prophecy: Thank you~ <3

BTW, I love how you draw girls. (: I am pretty unskilled in the art of women anatomy. XD,
Lone Wolf
I like your piece, Fayth Prophecy. Very simplistic, but also very clean lines (I have a very sketchy style, so I envy those who can get by with clean, thin, nice lines...)! happy.gif

Meh... I'm on a what I call a "lazy-bum" streak. A few days ago I was whipping up art right and left, but now I'm in a daze and don't really want to work on anything... *sweatdrop* Thus is why I call it a "lazy-bum" streak... Anyways, I don't think I'll be posting any artwork for a while... But I will still write encouraging messages to my fellow artists! ^^
PUKE
@ Lone Wolf - Same here. I barely get in the mood to draw nowadays, or maybe its just because I don't have the time for it. Oh well.
Keoni
@ Fayth prophesy: Aww! She looks really cute! Great job! ^^
@ PUKE and Lone Wolf: Get off those lazy bums of yours and draw something!
The only slow, lazy person allowed around here is me! (LOL just kidding laugh.gif) I symphatise with both of you! I get let that every once in a while

Well, I got two ^^ The fist one is my fanart contest entry (third place jeej!) And the second one is yet another one of my lousy attempts to master Photoshop. (evil program, I swear dry.gif)
Ailuro
Does no one here use guidelines? mellow.gif
Keoni
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jun 14 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]411842[/snapback]

Does no one here use guidelines? mellow.gif

What do you mean by those? *confused* Guidelines?
Lone Wolf
^Yeah. What are we doing wrong now?
Ailuro
QUOTE(Lone Wolf @ Jun 14 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]411917[/snapback]

^Yeah. What are we doing wrong now?

Your sentence implies that I've pointed out things you've done wrong before. I fail to remember when this was. Enlighten me, please.

And by guidelines I mean these. I say this because many drawings here, while they aren't bad, don't seem to flow and seem stiff. I find that using guidelines before drawing the final works wonders to remedy this. I'm just trying to help y'all improve your art talent.
Fayth Prophecy
I've tried using guidelines like your's, Ailuro-san, but it tends to mess up my creativity^^;
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jun 14 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]411932[/snapback]

And by guidelines I mean these. I say this because many drawings here, while they aren't bad, don't seem to flow and seem stiff. I find that using guidelines before drawing the final works wonders to rememdy this. I'm just trying to help y'all improve your art talent.

I don't see why people have to follow guidelines. Everyone has a unique way a drawing and if it comes out lopsided, crooked or off, oh well. Not everyone is perfect.

That's just me though.

mellow.gif
Toby-Chan
It depends entirely on what I am drawing. Some sketches need guidelines and others don't.

Here's another picture, of some original characters of mine. I drew it in the car, so it's all crookedy and stuff, and I wish I had better charcoal, coz it looks all scratchy. Oh yeah, and, uh, warning for there being half of a female nipple visible. Boobies!
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 14 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]412038[/snapback]

It depends entirely on what I am drawing. Some sketches need guidelines and others don't.

Here's another picture, of some original characters of mine. I drew it in the car, so it's all crookedy and stuff, and I wish I had better charcoal, coz it looks all scratchy. Oh yeah, and, uh, warning for there being half of a female nipple visible. Boobies!

Wow those are beautiful and look amazing for being drawn in a car.

smile.gif
Ailuro
Bah, I feel like the enemy.
Keoni
@ Ailuro: I didn't mean to attack you, I really didn't know what you were talking about. ^^
As for the guidelines (aha! guidelines! thanks for posting that!) I always try to use them, ('cause I'm no good with 3D) but it never seems to come out the way I intend. Guess I need a whole lot of practice ^^

@ Toby: Wow! I love the way you shaded those! It looks so real. The body definitions are really good, too. They don't seem to happy about being naked though biggrin.gif
You did this in a car? I'm impressed
Galorfilinde
@ Ailuro - You're anything but the enemy. You're just trying to help, and artists need criticism to grow. I always appreciate it ^^

Wow, there are so many new drawings. Have some catching up to do.

@ Cheez_n_ Maeve - I know I'm late, but I love the drawing for your mom! The coloring turned out very good! I love the colors, and it's just so cute! The shading of her hair is great!

@ ScarMySoul - Wow, your drawings are awesome! I love them! I also like the non-anime drawings. Great work!

@ Puke - Wow, your drawings are amazing! The eyes are so shiny ^^ And the lines so clean! I love them!

@ Toby-chan - I love your drawings, too! Especially the last one you posted. The shading is so good, it looks very realistic. The shapes are very beautiful. You drew that in a car? I agree with Keoni, that's impressive.

@ Lone Wolf - I love the drawing of that character from Avatar: the last airbender. The fire and water turned out good, must've been hard. And I like the shading on the clothes ^^ Great picture!

Sorry if I forgot someone, it's just too much to comment on everything. Keep it up!
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jun 14 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]412082[/snapback]

Oh, I know the feeling; saying something that might have come off a little wrong so you feel like crap because of it. Don't you worry, you're only one kind of nemesis to me. <3

Did these two things yesterday; I feel I got lazy on them. My method of airbrushing is not the way painting is supposedly meant to be done, so that makes adding background tough. Anyway.

Doodle of Rose and Baby (Baby looks deformed)

And, demonstration on the proper way to bathe in the desert. (SCARBUTT!)
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jun 14 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]412082[/snapback]

I'm sorry if I sounded like an ass.... I didn't mean to come off that way.

QUOTE(Galorfilinde @ Jun 15 2006, 12:32 AM) [snapback]412091[/snapback]

@ ScarMySoul - Wow, your drawings are awesome! I love them! I also like the non-anime drawings. Great work!

Thanks! cool.gif
MeLRizA
@ Ailuro : Thanks for the link!! Actually, I do find guidelines useful, especially while drawing poses.. I'm still struggling with them and as my drawings are stiffer than a tree trunk.. Once again, thank you for the link!!

@ everyone who posted their pics : They're darn NICE!! *jealous*

I've been busy with Semester 1 exams and I'm free today!!

Somehow I feel guilty when visiting this thread few days ago, I haven't been putting any artwork.. mellow.gif
Here's 2 weird and crappy ones with colour.. I just drew them for the past 2hrs while listening to "メリ クリ by BoA"..

She's crying!! <- I love her hair.. XD
little angel~ <- red-heads are pretty cute too!

The last time I used my colour pencils was almost 3 yrs ago.. I miss them very much and they're being quite nice today biggrin.gif!! Do tell me how I can improve my drawing^^, it would be very much appreciated!!
Nia
I draw somewhere from 4 years...and still think that my work scary to look at...not all the time but often..
I love to draw randomly. ph34r.gif

Her name is Julia...a sad picture...
Galorfilinde
@ Toby-chan - I really like your style. The drawing of Roze and the baby is cute ^^ How do you make them?

@ MeLRizA - I totally love your drawings! The first one is so beautiful, and great job on the sad expression! I love her hair too ^^ The second one is so cute. I love it. You're good with color pencils! And BTW, good luck on all your exams!

@ Nia - Welcome to the fanart thread! That's a nice drawing you got there. I like her clothes.
MeLRizA
Ahh! My laptop has gone crazy.. I had to re-type my post.. Grr.. Wait, what did I type just now?

QUOTE(Galorfilinde @ Jun 18 2006, 02:21 AM) [snapback]413000[/snapback]

@ MeLRizA - I totally love your drawings! The first one is so beautiful, and great job on the sad expression! I love her hair too ^^ The second one is so cute. I love it. You're good with color pencils! And BTW, good luck on all your exams!
Uwaaa~ Thank you very much for such a flattering comment *flushes* I should rape my colour pencils more often now since I have the time.. Ooh, my exams have just ended. Thanks for the good luck wish, I shall save it for my results next month!! biggrin.gif
Now, I have time to do crappy stuffs.. XP

@ Nia : Nice artwork you've got there!! Her clothes are very interesting and you did pretty well with the body proportioning!!
Nia
@ Galorfilinde,MeLRizA
thanks.)

made it for my friend.me,my mind and twin babygirls.
Toby-Chan
IPB Image
Robo-Mechanic
QUOTE(~*Aiko*~ @ Feb 15 2006, 01:29 AM) [snapback]350220[/snapback]

These are some of my quick sketches of Edward that I have done...

Drawing
IPB Image

This is a drawing of one the puppies I use to have...

IPB Image

thats really good
PUKE
@ Ailuro - To be frank with you, I think the reason why people defied your guidelines was because of your way you introduced them in your first post which you said:

QUOTE(Ailuro)
Does no one here use guidelines?

You came off as arrogant, to be honest. =/ I follow those guidelines, but it would probably have come off better without that mean-sounding post. :p

@ Toby-chan HA! I love the NOT-Father's day pic!That made my day. <3

Anyway, here's a pic for you all. So far some peeps at DA ad LJ liked it.

IPB Image

EDIT: @ ~*Aiko*~ Indeed, those are VERY good. Great job, I admire you. (:
ScarMySoul
This is the first time I've ever done water color but here it is.

I copied a picture of InuYasha I found and made a water color out of it.

I like how it turned out.

[attachmentid=6376]
ScarMySoul
IPB Image

IPB Image

These are my newest water colors. I know the hand on the Jin one is funky looking but that's the point. The whole thing is supposed to look that way lol.
Toby-Chan
IPB Image

Aside from that, Doctor Toby prescribes a healthy dose of real anatomy study. (Or at least guidelines, As 'art nazi' Aily suggested previously) It seems most of your clean pieces were copied from an anime reference.
Nia
My charas... rolleyes.gif Scarier that they need to be...
http://static.diary.ru/userdir/8/8/8/1/88817/9681689.jpg
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 20 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]414085[/snapback]

IPB Image

Aside from that, Doctor Toby prescribes a healthy dose of real anatomy study. (Or at least guidelines, As 'art nazi' Aily suggested previously) It seems most of your clean pieces were copied from an anime reference.

Yes they were copied from a reference. Almost all of them were. As far as anatomy goes with the water color, they are purposly drawn that way. Like the Jin one. Therefore anatomy lessons aren't needed.

Thanks for the critique though.
PUKE
LMFAO @ Toby-chan - Art nazi, I so got to write that down. <3

@ ScarMySoul - The anatomy is okay, but the watercolor is good. =)
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(PUKE @ Jun 20 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]414408[/snapback]

LMFAO @ Toby-chan - Art nazi, I so got to write that down. <3

@ ScarMySoul - The anatomy is okay, but the watercolor is good. =)

Thanks?

wink.gif
Toby-Chan
I can't believe it took me this long to realize you can make a GIF animation so easily just with layers as frames. I made a cute animation already with photos of my cousin blowing on a dandelion.

But anyway. I was working on this rose pic a while ago, then something happened which made me lose work, which discouraged me (Because I suck and get moody and timid over crap like that.) Ayway, I picked it back up tonight, and, lyke voila. It's sort of cel-shaded, but sort of not. The cel shades make it look more cartoon/manga-ish, which is good, because all the airbrushing isn't helping me break the uber-realism. I like the realism, but there are certain styles of coloring that look better with certain drawings.

IPB Image

And, I screwed around and implemented the gif functions to give you an idea of how it's painted. Of course this isn't chronological; just a tour of layer-by-layer color, lineart last, but I thought it looked cool, at least.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jun 20 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]414526[/snapback]

I can't believe it took me this long to realize you can make a GIF animation so easily just with layers as frames. I made a cute animation already with photos of my cousin blowing on a dandelion.

But anyway. I was working on this rose pic a while ago, then something happened which made me lose work, which discouraged me (Because I suck and get moody and timid over crap like that.) Ayway, I picked it back up tonight, and, lyke voila. It's sort of cel-shaded, but sort of not. The cel shades make it look more cartoon/manga-ish, which is good, because all the airbrushing isn't helping me break the uber-realism. I like the realism, but there are certain styles of coloring that look better with certain drawings.

IPB Image

And, I screwed around and implemented the gif functions to give you an idea of how it's painted. Of course this isn't chronological; just a tour of layer-by-layer color, lineart last, but I thought it looked cool, at least.

That's really nice, I like the facial features.

IPB Image

That's my newest water color. The original picture is from ponderosa.com

I liked the picture so I made it into a water color. That's it.
Cheez_n_ Maeve

@Cheez_n_ Maeve - Congratulations!! And, that one came out so good!!
Younger you is sooo cute!! And you mom looks so beautiul!!
Nice drawing, and wonderful jobs on hers, and your lovely hairs!!
Such a nice and sweet drawing!! How sweet of you to flame it, and present it to your mom!!
I can imagine your mom's wonderful surprize!! happy.gif

Thanks, yer so sweet Tombow. Sadly I forgot to give it to her after the graduation and I forgot to bring it up with me. *Sigh* I'm really hopeless sometimes.

Galorfilinde~ It's ok, really, and thanks.

Keoni~ Aww! THanks.

PUKE~ That pic is awsome man!!

Toby-chan~ I love yer Not Father's day thing. Very amusing.

Ailuro~ guidelines help in only the tiniest way. To create movement you need alot more than anatomy guidelines, as they can only take you so far. To draw a beautiful moving picture, one doesn't even have to draw the actual guidelines. After some practice, you just need to keep them in mind. Guidelines don't help you with hair movement, and hardly help with fabric movement. Well, that's my two cents worth. Felt like spouting it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.