Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Beauty Of Your Own Artwork
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
KiorujiXeroxGurl
QUOTE(MeLRizA @ May 5 2006, 09:14 PM) [snapback]390725[/snapback]

okiezz.. im new here... can someone tell me how to put pics on my signature and upload my (stupid/ugly) drawings like u guys? *puppy eyes* blink.gif

Oh, hye. Welcome to the board MeLRizA. You can always use this web to upload your pics.. Then pick the one with the show picture link. I hope this helps. ^^

I hope they like your pic Jinx-chan. Bcoz I like it! ^^

QUOTE(Ailuro @ May 5 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]390727[/snapback]

Kinda looks traced. I mean, who draws outlines of the shaded parts? No authentic artist I know does that. huh.gif
It also bears a striking resemblance to this particular newtype scan. What a coincidence.

Well.. Ailuro.. blink.gif That I dunno.. huh.gif But it doesn't matter.. At least Fayth has the will to draw it on her own. I use to do that a lot sometimes before.. But still, I think it's fine. ^^
edward-
Heres something i drew recently. Its Winry and her dog Den. I think i spoiled it in a way. dry.gif
But its possibly maybe one of the best winry pictures ive drawn.
IPB Image
Gawd the dog looks retarded... blink.gif
hope you like it! biggrin.gif
Keoni
QUOTE(Ailuro @ May 5 2006, 06:17 AM) [snapback]390727[/snapback]

Kinda looks traced. I mean, who draws outlines of the shaded parts? No authentic artist I know does that. huh.gif
It also bears a striking resemblance to this particular newtype scan. What a coincidence.

Agreed, it does. But if you look closer, you'll also see that there are some things that are different from the original. I think she just used it as referance, but I don't know... unsure.gif Anywayz, it's still areally cool pic!

@ Jinxmint: I love your drawing. I think you do a great job on expressions! You can almost feel the girl's happiness!

@ Edward-: Good job on the winrypic! I like the way you shade it and the highlighting of the hair is very good! happy.gif
KiorujiXeroxGurl
Wow edward- ! I love the colors! It's beautiful. I think it's fine! Good work! ^^
Fayth Prophecy
QUOTE("Keoni")
Agreed, it does. But if you look closer, you'll also see that there are some things that are different from the original. I think she just used it as referance, but I don't know...

I did actually. Only it was facing the way that I drew it, seeing as I found a wallpaper with Integra and Alucard on a red background and "Hellsing" in the back. I use a lot of pics as a reference. So yeah...

I'm still working on that Seras pic^^
Tombow
Ha, Ailuro-san knows all these sites!! biggrin.gif

@Jinxmint - So nice to see you again!! happy.gif
I love your hana and haku drawing!!
They are such sweet looking teenagers!!
And, I love the story, too!!

@MeLRizA - One way to post your pic is with File Attachments function, and if you use that you don't need to upload the pic to on-line image hosting account.
For that... Have your pic file in your computer, then click on the word Browse, highlight your pic file, click open, then click on Add This Attachment, wait for the file to be uploaded to the board, then click on Add into Post.
(When that gets posted the thumb-nail attchemnt will appear on your post.)
Or, as KiorujiXeroxGurl has kindly pointed out, you can use image hosting account, too. smile.gif

@edward- - That Winry is so cute and lovely!!
Nice outfit, too!!
And, I like the way Den is looking up Winry!! Cute!!
I like it very much!! happy.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Fayth Prophecy @ May 5 2006, 09:36 PM) [snapback]391047[/snapback]

QUOTE("Keoni")
Agreed, it does. But if you look closer, you'll also see that there are some things that are different from the original. I think she just used it as referance, but I don't know...

I did actually. Only it was facing the way that I drew it, seeing as I found a wallpaper with Integra and Alucard on a red background and "Hellsing" in the back. I use a lot of pics as a reference. So yeah...

I'm still working on that Seras pic^^

Meh, it's just a huge pet peeve of mine for a person to show artwork without saying if it was traced or if a reference was used. mellow.gif
Keoni
^^ fair enough. happy.gif I can understand where you're coming from. Maybe to you it seems like claiming skills that aren't your own? unsure.gif

Very well then, everybody, I would like to state that I use referance for all my artwork. I'm deadhopeless when it comes to proportion, so I need referance pics to make it clearer for me. I don't trace because I think I'm really to old for that wink.gif It makes me feel uncomfortable and I know I can do it myself if I put time and effort in it. I don't mean disrepect to anyone who does, don't get me wrong, but it's just not for me.
Maybe one day I will be skilled enough not to need referance either anymore, but that day is yet to come. sad.gif

With that said, I think it's time we moved back to artwork showing. happy.gif Fayth, I hope you finish your Seras soon. I'd love to see it.
Fayth Prophecy
I will^^ And just so you all know, here's the link for reference pic of Seras: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/Miy...ng/victoria.jpg
Tombow
^^ @Keoni - Yeah, very good idea. happy.gif

Maybe Ailuro-san can write "fanart posting guidelines" kind of thingy, with reference, and stuff like that, and pin/sticky it somewhere?? biggrin.gif
Enya Ddraig
Well. I do a lot of Edo fanart tongue.gif

I can't say I post it all on DA, but yo may find some gems here ;D

http://azzaowner.deviantart.com

That's my account ^^

I'd appreciate any comments and stuff <3

More specifically- Fanart Links tongue.gif

http://www.deviantart.com/view/32938410/

http://www.deviantart.com/view/30689093/

http://www.deviantart.com/view/30817926/

http://www.deviantart.com/view/32062225/ < my scanner killed his hair in this one. ><'

http://www.deviantart.com/view/31977419/ < this is an older one tongue.gif

Okay - I'm done spamming you now <3 byeeeee
Tombow
@Enya Ddraig _ Welcome to the board, and welcome to the Fanart forum!! smile.gif
Very nice Ed drawings!! So far, I like the last one best!!
Hope you'll post more!! smile.gif
Fayth Prophecy
Well, I'm done^^ -And I think this is my worst ever...But that's my opinion I guess...-
Ailuro
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 7 2006, 03:03 AM) [snapback]391748[/snapback]

Maybe Ailuro-san can write "fanart posting guidelines" kind of thingy, with reference, and stuff like that, and pin/sticky it somewhere?? biggrin.gif

Oh, but there's already something like that.

QUOTE(Fanart Forum Rules And Guidelines)
- Try to state/credit your references, if you have any. This especially goes for those who directly copy (as in re-draw) official art or someone else's fanart. It's almost like false advertising if you copy a picture but don't state that anywhere in your post, as it's a re-drawing of someone else's work and not your own completely original piece. It's not a rule that will be adamantly enforced; but it'd just be nice if people properly credited references.

And this has been here for almost a year already.
KiorujiXeroxGurl
Yeah, welcome to the board Enya Ddraig _ ! Hee.. I love doggy-elric! ^^ Lovely drawings of Ed you got there. Cute! I like it! ^^

Wow! That Seras you draw looks exactly like the Seras you use for reference! I love it! How can you say it's worst ever Fayth! I love it!

I know people use reference sometimes to draw somethin'.. I guess it's okay. You see, I used reference as well. tongue.gif Yeah it's true. Sometimes we need to use it. Even the comic artist uses reference, so.. Why can't we right??^^
Fayth Prophecy
Heh^^; I think it's the hair and eyes...I meant to origianally draw it in pencil, then add the pen, but seeing as I did it in pen..bleh.
Ailuro
QUOTE(KiorujiXeroxGurl @ May 7 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]392198[/snapback]

I know people use reference sometimes to draw somethin'.. I guess it's okay. You see, I used reference as well. tongue.gif Yeah it's true. Sometimes we need to use it. Even the comic artist uses reference, so.. Why can't we right??^^

I never said it was bad to use references. Heck, I use references sometimes. I would just appreciate it if these references were named.
KiorujiXeroxGurl
QUOTE(Ailuro @ May 8 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]392201[/snapback]

I never said it was bad to use references. Heck, I use references sometimes. I would just appreciate it if these references were named.

Oh.. okay. Understood. smile.gif
Tombow
@Fayth Prophecy - I like your Seras!!
I'd love to see it colored, too!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Ailuro @ May 7 2006, 10:17 PM) [snapback]392197[/snapback]
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 7 2006, 03:03 AM) [snapback]391748[/snapback]
Oh, but there already something like that.
Ummm, I know we have Fanart Forum Rules And Guidelines, which are very "administrative" guidelines, and surely very important ones, but could you make another one with more practical "artist's" posting guidelines, such as, posting so if using the reference pic, etc. and, amybe reminder to use attachment, or post just links, for oversized pics, etc., and maybe, pin/sticy it next to the other guideline?? (Only if you feel like it, tho. happy.gif )
Fayth Prophecy
I might do it in color...But I don't really know right now^^ And it may be awhile before you all see the Alucard pic, since I have to find some good pics^^ And KiorujiXeroxGurl, I'm working on your pic right now^^

But here's something that I did on Gaia for someone...

IPB Image

Hope you enjoy this^^
KiorujiXeroxGurl
Thanks Fayth! biggrin.gif I'll be waiting! ^^ *cough..* At least that's somethin' good to hear instead of my coughs.. tongue.gif Hehe.. laugh.gif *cough..* BTW, I love the picture for some GAIAN person you made! It's cute! ^^ I was wondering.. Did you do that for free? huh.gif I did.. tongue.gif *cough..* Man I hate these coughs..

Fayth Prophecy
Yeah^^ I do a lot of Avi art for free there. Altough one time I got paid for drawing someone...Eh. Glad you like it though^^
Tombow
^^ @Fayth Prophecy - Nice drawing!! happy.gif

@KiorujiXeroxGurl - Your coughs do not sound good!! Please take care!! sad.gif
Fayth Prophecy
Thanks^^ And here's something I recently did in my Geometry class...and just so you all know, I got it out of the KH2 Strategy guide that someone had.

And Now I present, the greatest ninja ever, Yuffie!
Tombow
^^ Awww, that Yuffie is so pretty!!
I love it!! happy.gif
Toby-Chan
This is the only clay piece I've done recently that I was somewhat pleased with. (That didn't explode in the kiln, at least. dry.gif *Has horrible luck with clay*)
Fayth Prophecy
Thanks, Tombow^^
Toby-chan, I used to have that problem too^^ But it's so lovely^^ Mind if I add it to my faves on DA?

EDIT: New piccy. Another Avi peice from Gaia:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/Miy...rs/Ryomiart.jpg
Tombow
@Fayth Prophecy - That's a charming avi pic!!
I love those cute bunny ears!! happy.gif

@(Brigadier General) Toby-Chan - That clay piece is awsome!!
I totally dig that band-aid!! biggrin.gif
And, the other side one, I love that face & hiar color combination!!
Really nice & exprressive piece!! happy.gif
KiorujiXeroxGurl
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 9 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]392733[/snapback]

@KiorujiXeroxGurl - Your coughs do not sound good!! Please take care!! sad.gif

^^ Thanks 4 your concern Tombow! After two days of rest, I'm fine now.. I take my medicine as well.. Though I hate it.. dry.gif laugh.gif

Awh! Yuffie! I love it! I like the way you draw her! Cool Fayth! I also love the gaia avatar! I LOVE the colors! ^^

Toby-chan! That's a fine work! I love the way you mould the faces from clay! It looks real! Pretty way in mixing the colors as well! Such a fine doll clay! I love it! ^^ I can never do that myself.. tongue.gif

[attachmentid=5572]
Kel
agh. this sucks...a lot. I'm getting a hold of my new tablet ^^;;

OMGLOOKIT'SALINK

(I have a buttload of fma art but I havnt scanned it yet!) I have fruits basket stuff there...but sadly only that is fma related ;-;
Tombow
@KiorujiXeroxGurl - That's another lovely drawing!! The one on the left is a girl, right?? Nice!!
All your drawings have nice sweetness to them. I really love them!! happy.gif

@Kel - Welcome to the thread!! That's a nice movie Al!!
I'd love to see more posts with your artworks!! happy.gif
(You can post your fruits basket artworks, too. biggrin.gif )
MeLRizA
i believe those who posts in the "Riza and Roy fans only" forum have seen this... just 'advertising' my artwork laugh.gif please comment...

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mel...yaiartwork2.jpg
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mel...yaiartwork1.jpg

they are chibis... so i made them as kawaii as i can X3
Tombow
@MeLRizA - I can't write enought how cute they are!!
And, their faces actually look very much like Roy and Riza!!
I like both drawings.
Roy and Riza in han-bok (traditional Korean costume) is uniquely cute, and I love Roy's expression!!
But, the first drawing is sooo cute, and I love Riza's smile!! happy.gif

Hope you can post more of your fanarts!!
MeLRizA
thank you ^^ どもぅ ありかとぉ laugh.gif

i draw as much as i can especially after my exams.. dry.gif .
Enya Ddraig

Yeah, welcome to the board Enya Ddraig _ ! Hee.. I love doggy-elric! ^^ Lovely drawings of Ed you got there. Cute! I like it! ^^

Thanks! I just bought the maga, so expect some manga Ed fanarts next!
Fayth Prophecy
MelRiza- I love the art^^ So cute!!

Well, I failed at drawing Alucard for all of you, but I did draw Hayate from Dead Or Alive, so I hope you enjoy it more^^
Tombow
@Fayth Prophecy - Yes, yes, that one makes up, and more!! biggrin.gif
Very nice Hayate!! I love that look on his eyes!! happy.gif
MeLRizA
@ Fayth Prophecy wooo~ great picture of hayate!!! i love the way you draw it... XD thanks for liking mine too laugh.gif
Cheez_n_ Maeve
MeLRiza ~ those are so kawaii! Your style is adorable. I love it.
Fayth Prophecy~ I truthfully don't know who that is but I like the picture anywho. biggrin.gif
Keoni
@ MelRizA: I believe i told you allready, but your Roy and Riza are too kawaii for words! biggrin.gif I really like you're style!
@ Fayth: Great Jjob on Hayate! I love the way you did his expression really cool! happy.gif

Okay, My turn. For the first time in my lfe, I have tried out Photoshop, and this is the result. Roy and Riza kiddy-style (Definatelly not chibi wink.gif ) I'm not to glad with the shading, but a lot of practice might make it better happy.gif
But maybe I should stick to my trusty pencils
Fayth Prophecy
Keoni-It's cute!!! Just keep practicing PhotoShop and you'll get better.

Here's a little something that I did in Biology. (FYI, that is supposed to be me listening to a MP3 player, and the thing on my head was a book cover. That's right. A Book Cover^^)

Also, a Kasumi pic. I kinda suck at drawing her...heh^^
KiorujiXeroxGurl
QUOTE(Enya Ddraig @ May 14 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]395086[/snapback]

Thanks! I just bought the maga, so expect some manga Ed fanarts next!

Okay, lookin' forward to see it! ^^

Yeah, it's a girl Tombow! ^^ It's actually meh picture when I'm going out for a walk.. ^^

Welcome to the board Kel! Lovely Ed! I like it! ^^

OM Lord! ^^ They're really cute! MeLRizA, it's soo cutorable! ^^ I LOVE your chibi Roy and Riza! XD Wonderful! laugh.gif

Fayth! I love your Hayate, Kasumi and the pic of you listening to mp3! It's really beautiful! ^^ I totally love it! XXXDDD

Oh, the modern Roy and Riza looks very cute Keoni! Love the colors as well! ^^ Awesome work!

Heya Cheez_n_ Maeve! I wanna see your artwork as well! Waitn' 4 it! ^^

Uhh.. I was wonderin' Tombow.. Who throw away the quote I made 4 voting ya in meh siggeh? I'm really cross about it.. >_>
Lone Wolf
I've done a lot of pieces, but only a select few make it onto my computer... (for lack of better software...). My gryphon avatar is one of them.

I've scanned in one of my many pencil drawings and enhanced it so it would look like the original. Here it is:

[attachmentid=5627]

~Wolves Fighting and Gryphon Avatar are copyrighted to me.~
KiorujiXeroxGurl
WOOT! That's really awesomely, outrageously cool Lonewolf! cool.gif biggrin.gif I love it! =o0o= So realistic! ^^ I LOVE it soo much! It's really beutiful! ^^ wub.gif XD
Cheez_n_ Maeve
Keoni ~ Very, very cute!! I love your style. Keep working on photoshop. Personally I prefer GIMP, which is not quite as powerful as photoshop but its WAY more user friendly. If you want to get good at photoshop I suggest taking a class on it. It's a very difficult program to do anything but the basics as far as drawing goes. Of course there's also practice, practice, practice. Me, I'm sticking to GIMP mostly. I can just do so much more stuff on it without taking a class or reading a manual in a shorter period of time. 3 hours to figure the basics on photoshop compared to a half hour on the GIMP. Also GIMP has alchemy~ which they need to put more options under.
KiorujiXeroxGurl~ I'm working on it. I was on a week vacation. I did some ink sketches while I was there. Maybe I'll scan it. Personally, I miss my tablet. It's so much fun to use and I love coloring on GIMP. I don't know when I'll be able to finish the little comic I was working on. I have my Confirmation this Sunday to prepare for. Hehehe. I'm so excited! Bwahahaha. But, anyways, that includes actually filling out and sending in my Saint Report. @.@
So the point of all those words would be, I will post them as soon as I can. lol.
KiorujiXeroxGurl
QUOTE(Cheez_n_ Maeve @ May 16 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]395962[/snapback]

KiorujiXeroxGurl~ I'm working on it. I was on a week vacation. I did some ink sketches while I was there. Maybe I'll scan it. Personally, I miss my tablet. It's so much fun to use and I love coloring on GIMP. I don't know when I'll be able to finish the little comic I was working on. I have my Confirmation this Sunday to prepare for. Hehehe. I'm so excited! Bwahahaha. But, anyways, that includes actually filling out and sending in my Saint Report. @.@
So the point of all those words would be, I will post them as soon as I can. lol.

Haha.. laugh.gif Okay Cheez_n_Maeve. ^^ biggrin.gif
Tombow
@Keoni - They are so cute!! And, they look very much like Roy and Riza!! I love it!! Please make some more!! happy.gif

@Fayth Prophecy - That is lovely Kasumi!! And, your self-portrait makes me smile!! The bookcover on the head!! laugh.gif

@Lone Wolf - Wow, that one is awsome!! What a drawing skill you have!! Very imressive!!
And, I love your avatr also!!

QUOTE(KiorujiXeroxGurl @ May 15 2006, 10:07 PM) [snapback]395933[/snapback]
Yeah, it's a girl Tombow! ^^ It's actually meh picture when I'm going out for a walk.. ^^
Awww, KiorujiXeroxGurl - You're so lovely!! And, soooo the guy next to you is your bf?? biggrin.gif
And, about the sig... ummm, I don't know ... I swear I didn't do anything... unsure.gif
KiorujiXeroxGurl
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 16 2006, 05:06 PM) [snapback]396031[/snapback]

QUOTE(KiorujiXeroxGurl @ May 15 2006, 10:07 PM) [snapback]395933[/snapback]
Awww, KiorujiXeroxGurl - You're so lovely!! And, soooo the guy next to you is your bf?? biggrin.gif
And, about the sig... ummm, I don't know ... I swear I didn't do anything... unsure.gif

Uhh.. I don't think I'm as cute as that picture.. Heh.. tongue.gif *scratches head* About the boy..

ACK! NYO! His not my bf.. It's just a friend.. tongue.gif Eheheh.. Oh, and about the sig..

No.. I don't blame ya.. Must be the mods doing.. Don't worry kay? ^^
Keoni
Thanks for the kind words everyone! biggrin.gif I will kepp practicing with photoshop in the hope my skills will improve. I'm glad you like it!

@ Fayth: Great job on Kasumi! I like to way you added your own style to her! Your pic of you made me laugh! It's really cool! Great job on both! happy.gif

@ Cheez_n_ Maeve: GIMP you say? Is that the actual name or is it short for something? Thanks for the advice! If it's easier I will definitely try it! smile.gif

@ Tombow: Glad you like it. When I perfect my technique, those two will be the stars of my very first Doujinshi happy.gif

@ Lone Wolf: Wow! You're really good with the pencil! That pic looks very realistic! Great job!

OT: Now that you guys mention it... Where's my Tombow for Mod-siggy part?
Fayth Prophecy
Awesome artwork everyone^^

And thank you for all your comments!! I appriciate it^^

Tombow Yeah...The book cover..I was bored^^ Plus, it reminded me of cat ears^^

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.