Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Beauty Of Your Own Artwork
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Qashqai
@ScarMySoul, I saw only a first movie of Spiderman, and few random episodes of cartoon, so I'm not really familiar with that villain XD
@Katya Martin, I love Father's unimpressed face with "foolish humans, you won't pass this exam" caption. XDDD
@Chouchou, thanks~! biggrin.gif I drew one random page - I couldn't hold myself when we thought about this scene with a friend who's planning this project with me. XD accidentaly, it's with this Heike... he's close to get owned with a vase. laugh.gif
Katya Martin
^Really cool stuff. smile.gif

...Man, the bit with Father taunting about failing the exam'd be a sight funnier if I had passed it...
Broken Chouchou
@Scar - Oh, Carnage! If you do him, please tell me you will be using colour? ohmy.gif

Your awesome drawing and all this talk have made me feel like attempting Spidey tongue.gif Loved Spider-man as a kid (TAS <3), he's definitely the coolest super hero of the ones out there, if you ask me.

Well, closely followed by Batman and Rorschach. But those dudes aren't really "super" heroes. (Which is also what makes them all the more badass.)
Katya Martin
On the subject of the most recent chapter, a quick doodle:
Qashqai
@Katya Martin

XDD
Katya Martin
Yeahhh!!! I was hoping more people would draw similar things biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
Carnage

OH MY GOD this guy was a son of a b*tch to draw!!! The position is so tedious it made me want to scream! lol... I did this in color because grey scale just wouldn't do him justice. Tooke me 2.5 hours to do. Oh and did i mention carnage is a b*tch to draw? laugh.gif
Broken Chouchou
Pretty cool carnage ^^ You definitely nailed the comic book feel, with the style and colours. Those black shaded areas look painful.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ May 13 2010, 03:01 PM) *
Pretty cool carnage ^^ You definitely nailed the comic book feel, with the style and colours. Those black shaded areas look painful.

laugh.gif you have no idea! I was sitting there after I"d color a small section and go, fetchin hate this drawing, then continue on with more lol....
MsLinn
I got inspired by chapter 107 and couln't sleep until I sketched the first two up. The next day I redrew them three times. The same with the third pic. But the arms are still too long ;_;
Two versions; one without blood, so you can see better, and one with my first faily try on blood and scratches 'cause Ed has them in the chapter. (Hm, the one with blood got kinda muted...)
NO references at all. So most likely he doesn't have a cut on his forehead, and I think his tank top is supposed to be torn, and I didn't know exactly where his bolts are supposed to sit. And their faces <.< But yeah yeah, I happy with it anyway. And I learned some new stuff on photoshop biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

EDIT: You may notice a hight difference between the pictures; I was imagining Ed running towards Al, throwing himself down on the big rock he was running on and climbs down it, almost falling into Al's arms. *sappy sappy*

@ScarMySoul: I don't know who that is, but it's an awesome pose! How big is the picture?
And cool page Qashqai, I think it's so difficult with perspective!
ScarMySoul
@ Ms Linn To answer your question its on a 8 x 10 page. smile.gif
MsLinn
QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ May 18 2010, 02:31 AM) *

*scratches head*....Oh, you must mean inches, right? We have meters in Sweden so I was confused there for a minute...That must be like...20 x 25 cm. Kinda like A4. Lots of detail! biggrin.gif Very nice!
Hyperthia
Grrr... deviantART just changed its layout, and it's awful >.<
Anyways...
Just did this today: Nina Tucker
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (MsLinn @ May 18 2010, 09:51 AM) *
QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ May 18 2010, 02:31 AM) *

*scratches head*....Oh, you must mean inches, right? We have meters in Sweden so I was confused there for a minute...That must be like...20 x 25 cm. Kinda like A4. Lots of detail! biggrin.gif Very nice!

ohmy.gif Sorry! I wasn't thinking about inches or meters! Thanks though smile.gif
Qashqai
MsLinn I love that scene, yay for brotherly!love between Al and Ed :3 and nice coloring~

QUOTE (Hyperthia @ May 19 2010, 02:34 AM) *
Grrr... deviantART just changed its layout, and it's awful >.<
Anyways...
Just did this today: Nina Tucker

Oh man, I know, right? I don't like how messages and deviations are mixed together, that's annoying >_<
Nice Nina! I like how you colored that :F man, I have soft spot for traditional coloring XD

I lately tried to color some stuff with Sai xD

But I still feel more conviced with Photoshop. I also drew this lately:

I like how hair is colored, gotta figure out how to color the rest in the same way. :F I'm little fed up with the cell shading I usually use, though yesterday I quickly colored one doodle in this style xD
MsLinn
@Hyperthia: Oh, I love her hair! That awesome!

@Qashqai: Woa! That first picture has awesome shading on the skin! I randomly love his glasses!*_*
And the last one!! *gasp* It's beautiful! His hair is amazing! And his eyes! And his jaw!! And his COAT!! And his lips! And awesome shading, with epic background!!
And a steam-automail-arm. >.< AWESOME
And thank you!

(I'm tired and running out on adjectives, ok... tongue.gif )
_Jelly
Whoa, havent been in this thead in a while.

@Qashqai
Your style is quite similar to Arakawa's. Must be all that manga reading tongue.gif Your third one actually reminds me of Havoc.

Anyway, here's something. First time posting in this thread... I think.
SPOILERS FOR CH 107

will colour if i have time

MsLinn
@_Jelly Holy Feaking S*** that's awesome! Mustang down there looks PERFECT and is it Al up to the right? Father looks so freakish! Ahh!! And Ed...his face is incredible. The look just makes me wanna throw myself on something (preferably the bed)!! Amazing amazing amazing!
Chiyo
That is an amazing piece of work Jelly, really I love the style you've gone for, can really feel Ed's raw emotion.

If I were to critique (I hope you don't mind) I would say the line of muscle across his shoulder looks odd, don't think it needs to run all the way round his arm. Otherwise, muscle lines and such are fantastic, would love to see more from you.
_Jelly
Thanks for the comments, MsLinn and Chiyo smile.gif I should probably explain why Ed's having a fit... I forgot to mention, I wanted to focus on the last few pages of 107 for this. Also, Ed's anger perhaps from the chaos Father has created, Al's self sacrifice, as well as Hoho sacrificing himself to protect him. Even the Truth's "fair" taking of Roy's eyesight. I guess, everything that was caused by Father and his determination to beat him. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Actually not really.

QUOTE (Chiyo @ May 23 2010, 11:32 PM) *
If I were to critique (I hope you don't mind) I would say the line of muscle across his shoulder looks odd, don't think it needs to run all the way round his arm. Otherwise, muscle lines and such are fantastic, would love to see more from you.

I dont mind. Hmmm, shoulder... shoulder... you mean near his pecs? Hmmm yeah, I dont know all the names of the arm muscles or even where they are exactly but the longer line of his delts kind of turn into the upper part of his biceps... however maybe that line seems like because his bicep is too wide. Was looking at this. http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/img/basics/h...rm-muscles.jpeg Actually with that picture, I think I'll go make improvements tomorrow... though... I've already started colouring it =\

But Chiyo, I do (sort of) get what you mean (unless it's completely off, then, fail).
Chiyo
It's only a little point Jelly, doesn't detract from the image at all. I'm not an artist so I'm only going by my personal opinion anyway. I can't wait to see it in colour though.
_Jelly
QUOTE (Chiyo @ May 24 2010, 12:02 AM) *
It's only a little point Jelly, doesn't detract from the image at all. I'm not an artist so I'm only going by my personal opinion anyway. I can't wait to see it in colour though.

Aaah, sorry ^^; Usually when people point things like that, it's the only thing I can look at. Anyway, when it comes to these things, I usually stop colouring half way through because I'm lazy or I'll get sick of tge one image. Hope I can get the rest finished tomorrow so I can post it tongue.gif
Chiyo
Sorry to sneak in Jelly, but I just saw the colour version on d.a. and thought I better tell you here (prior to our previous conversation) his arm looks great! The shading really shows off the effort you put in to muscle structure.
Broken Chouchou
Snap, that is pretty damn amazing, Jelly!! ohmy.gif I am continuesly baffled by the amount of talent people in this thread have. Could you perhaps link/upload the coloured version Chiyo is mentioning? It'd be awesome seeing it in colour =P
Hyperthia
Kya! Jelly, I came across the colored version of that on dA today biggrin.gif It looks amazing!
I posted this today. It's just lineart right now. I'll color it, like, later and stuff.
Here it is: Whoops!
_Jelly
@Hyperthia
LOL wasnt expecting that tongue.gif Looks so cute. "Bootyful" hahaha biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ May 26 2010, 05:12 AM) *
Snap, that is pretty damn amazing, Jelly!! ohmy.gif I am continuesly baffled by the amount of talent people in this thread have. Could you perhaps link/upload the coloured version Chiyo is mentioning? It'd be awesome seeing it in colour =P

Oh yeah, wasnt sure if I should post it here... I felt pushy because I would have posted too much in this thread at a time :S

Or if you want to fave it or leave a comment so I look like I'm loved, it's also here. sleep.gif
Broken Chouchou
Holy... effing... crap. Honestly, I'm speechless. That is so utterly fantastically awesome. Believe me, if I had a DA account, I would comment. I will be happy if the anime turns out half as epic as this tongue.gif
Jealous Rogo
O_O Jelly thats freaking epic O_O
Qashqai
MsLinn, thank you \^o^/

QUOTE (_Jelly @ May 23 2010, 10:49 AM) *
Your style is quite similar to Arakawa's. Must be all that manga reading tongue.gif Your third one actually reminds me of Havoc.

Well, it is similar to Arakawa's XD. It's because for, like, half of year I was drawing mostly FMA fanart and imitating the Cow's style, and lately switched back to OCs again, and I just can't go back to the shojo-ish style I had before. XDD

Your style, on other hand, is awesome. XD and the coloring looks great, too. Whole artwork is indeed freaking epic. XD I faved it on dA~
Now I thought about it, but isn't Ed's right arm supposed to be more pale than the rest of body or something? Since it's thinner, too :F after all, it spent 5 years in a place where there is no sun XD I wonder if they'll take that into account in the anime? :F

Today, I wanted to make something with tones. xD

Hyperthia
@Jelly: Yeah, my lil chibi Ed is quite... a contrast to your epic RAEG!Ed.
_Jelly
QUOTE (Qashqai @ May 27 2010, 05:07 AM) *
Now I thought about it, but isn't Ed's right arm supposed to be more pale than the rest of body or something? Since it's thinner, too :F after all, it spent 5 years in a place where there is no sun XD I wonder if they'll take that into account in the anime? :F

Oh CRAP I didnt even think about that once... not even when I first read 107 o_o on the weekend I might fix it up ohmy.gif

Also, nice artssss. It's good to draw OCs... actually I dont think it's good when people only ever draw fanart. It can become a bit of a worry.

EDIT: Naaahz decided to fix it now. Is this whatcha meant? smile.gif

http://jellycakes.deviantart.com/art/Finale-165242760

changes are in the description.
MsLinn
@_Jelly I'm not lying to you. I. Got. Tears. In. My. Effing. Eyes! They prickled!!
Just, the structure and shine of Ed's skin! I can stare at it forever! That's what I noticed first: the glow and shape of the muscles! And the blood looks awesome!
And Father!! --!!--- High Octane Nighmare fuel, right there! His hand! It looks like 3D, like he really is charging forward, ready to jump after Ed!
And Roy....I'm not even one of his fangirls, but he just stands out to me in this pic! He looks perfect! The shadows, hair, eye, nose, month!
And Al *sqee*! Not much of him there though! (noticed the sixth time I looked at it that he is by the Gates, with the white light...)
Even more epic when you changed his colours!
And Hoho gives Father the Evil Eyes! *shudder*
I love it!
Although, I suddenly feel less happy about my watercoloured picture with Al and Ed now... *sweatdrop*
shanryelric
OH MAAAAAAN you guys did so many artworks.. ; A ; awesome!! and _Jelly THAT IS JUST SOOO FRIGGIN EPIC!!!! =A= awesome coloring!! maann!

did this, because I re-read the 15th tankoubon of ishval memories biggrin.gif
Envy-chan
@ Jelly - That is amazing. D: I wish I could color like that. Hell. I wish I could make LINES as beautiful as yours. Does this happen in the manga? (I haven't been reading the scans. I've been buying FMA mangas, so I'm a bit behind everyone else...)

@ Shanry - Another gorgeous piece! ASLIDFHALAHSD. I'm getting so jealous over here. D: I am always super jealous of people who can work with graphite. The emotion in this picture is amazing. Riza's eyes are gorgeous~

And mine-
Click to view attachment
His Name is Unknown

My main man Hughes in classic form. I made him a little more serious in this picture in an attempt to show both sides of his character, although looking back on it, his expression looks a bit like he suffered a stroke to the right side of his face. XD

Still, very pleased with how this turned out. Draw time: 4 hours (Yeah, yeah, I'm slow)
shanryelric
thank you so much, Envy-chan AND I ENVY YOU FOR THOSE EFFING COLORS!! OAO'' AWESOME!!
@ His Name is Unknown : awesome art! hmm.. I guess I'll make Hughes too.. OWo
Qashqai
@shanryelric, that's cool! I like their expressions. Riza looks so sad :F
@ Envy-chan, some cool style you have thar :'D
@ His Name is Unknown, yay Hughes :3 I especially like the hand xD
From me this time:

And because I'm posting only OCs lately, a found a link to lineart with Al I did for the prize XD:
shanryelric
^thanks!!

WOW. WAWAWA. awesome works as usual you have there =A= i envy those people who can do colors.. ((YESSHH I CANT COLOR ANYTHIIING)) so maybe I'll stick to graphite? TTATT
His Name is Unknown
This is an older bit of fan art completed during the Conqueror of Shamballa pre-release buzz.

Featured: Alphonse Heidrich; If I recall correctly, I lifted this pose from some promotional artwork for COS...it's been so long, I honestly don't remember. laugh.gif

Currently working on a 'beauty and the beast' themed fanart of Mr. and Mrs. Bradley dancing together in the presidential mansion. It's progressing nicely, and I'm looking forward to posting it very soon!

shanryelric
^ wow I love your lines! smile.gif

hmm. I have some drawing projects, the one I'll make soon is a pic of shamballa ed and winry in a black paper biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
@ Everyone ohmy.gif You're art pieces are amazing! I was gone for four days and didn't see any of this but I come back and I'm simply speechless! Great works!

-------------

This is an old one I did, I just rescanned it because my piece I put on the comp a while ago was taken with a digital.... So here's the scanned product:

Cling To The Past

Graphite Pencil....

I was debating on posting my other FMA pics here, I have quite a collection.... What do you think? huh.gif
Qashqai
@ScarMySoul, yess, post moar if you have :'D

@shanry, maybe try to color something digitally with Sai? It's very fun and pretty easy to use. I colored the last artwork with it, and it's only my... third? try with this program, so... XD If you want, I can send you the full version of it in e-mail or something. XD

From me, only sketches this time XD:
OC
more OCs
random page lol
FMAAAAA.

Envy-chan
@ His Name - Huuuuuuuuughessssssssss. TT_TT I miss him still. You did a great job on the lines. Same with Alphons- it looks official.

@ Qashqai - Your art is so gorgeous. D: I wish I could make my drawings look like yours/Arakawa's. (You did get your drawing style from her, right?)

Anyway, fantastic work, both of you. I wish I was that good at drawing. DX I'm really only good at coloring. Speaking of which, I'm spamming you guys with more Gorillaz lines that I colored. DX

Click to view attachment
ScarMySoul
Here are ALL my FMA art pieces...

Dogs of the Military

Hughes & Mustang
Roy and Ed
Hughes Water Color
Mustang
Royai
Mustang

Cereal Mascots

Smacks: Envy
Rice Crispies: Roy
Sprinkle Spangles: Ed & Armstrong
Lucky Charms: Ed & Al

Shamballa

Al & Winry
Ed

Homunculus

Gluttony
Lust
Lust
Lust
Lust
Envy
Greed

Ed and Al

Ed & Al
Ed End of First Anime
Ed
Ed & Al
Ed
Ed & Al

Other Characters

Scar
Winry

ohmy.gif Sorry if this is too much for you lol but I thought I'd share tongue.gif
Broken Chouchou
Out of all those drawings, there are four in particular that I love and find especially amazing. Those follows: Roy and Ed (!), 2nd Mustang (!), Greed (!), and the last Ed and Al (!). Gorgeous artwork, they are all really well done. If I had to pick a favourite out of these it would probably be the last one, from the sheer awesomeness of it :D
Envy-chan
@ ScarMySoul - SO MANY PICTURES. I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.
Well, maybe I do. The first one labeled Mustang = HNNNNNNNNNNG. SERIOUSLY.
You have a lot of talent. C:
ScarMySoul
@ Chouchou ohmy.gif Thanks a lot! My favorite one is the cereal on of Ed and Armstrong laugh.gif Mostly because THAT would be Ed's luck XD Thank you very much!

@ Envy Thank you very much! I've noticed over the years my art has gotten better and better, I can tell especially with the coloring and pencil work.... cool.gif
Qashqai
@ScarMySoul, cool stuff (and omg so much of it XD) :'D I like the Ed&Armstrong picture the best XD
I'll post two manga pages this time :'D

That would be a first page for my story. xP man, drawing BGs with mouse sucks! xD it takes much of time and still, the outcome isn't satisfying ^^,

And that's a random page :'D
MsLinn
Ahh! I'm gone for a couple of days and what happens!? So many!!
@shanryelric Oh, it looks awesome! I love Roy's gloves, they look very hard to draw and very well drawn! Love their hair, and Roy's chin O.o
@Envy-chan Wow!! They are so pretty, even though I think thoose characters are scary ^^'
@His name is unknown (Hughes:) Oooh, very nice! Especially the shading and his hair! (Alfons:) It makes my mouth dry *_* I can't draw a shirt even HALF as good as that! And his hair looks perfect, so pretty!
@Qashqai T_T You make good anatomy and movement so effortless! If I'm gonna draw a fullbodyshot, I have to so painstakingly careful for it to look even remotly human...And the backgrounds: *dies*
@ScarMySoul *dies again* Did you use references for all? Well, not the cereal ones :'D, but I recognize some of the others.
The one with Roy in a shirt, I really like the shirt ^^', I think they are really hard to draw!
I think the Scar one is fabulous!
ScarMySoul
@ MsLinn Yes I used refreneces for most, a lot were in the art books and from the manga as well as screen caps. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.