Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Beauty Of Your Own Artwork
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Hyperthia
Oh, no! I dont have an DA-account and it's set as Mature Art. You couldn't possible post it as an attachment? *puppy eyes* I love Al and Ed brotherly fluff! wub.gif

I only have it as mature because of Al's body (you can see part of his nonexistent-butt in the corner, though it's more implied than anything). Plus he's super thin, like, he needs a burger pronto!
I considered taking the mature tag off, but apparently some people are offended by images like... a grotesquely skinny kid... XD

Here you go:
Click to view attachment

Also, this is for a contest on http://equivalentxexchange.deviantart.com/. We're supposed to predict an end. This is what I want for the brothers. To get their bodies back, man!
A Pierrot's Aria
@Hyperthia That's absolutely fantastic and so heartfelt! The style is lovely and I really love the texture of the image! biggrin.gif
Hyperthia
@A Pierrot's Aria Wow, thank you! I'm glad you like it biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
This is what I'm currently working on.... its a japanese butterfly cross stitch... I've never done this stuff before either laugh.gif

Butterfly Cross Stitch

@ Hyperthia ohmy.gif Very lovely work! You're style is amazing and the detail is stunning! Great job!
Broken Chouchou
@Hyperthia - That's really good =P I like the style and shading a lot. Out of curiosity/stupidity, what are those things in the background? Am I just being blind here, not seeing it? XD

@ScarMySoul - Looks very nice ^^

Here are my aquarelle (water colour) paintings I made prettey recently. Actually, they're more coloured drawings than actual paintings. Anyway, in my defense, it WAS the first time I attempted any kind of paint in years XD

This first one is the one I mentioned earlier.
Click to view attachment

And in this second one I made a pretty big mistake, I learned. A nickle of you can spot it.
Click to view attachment

(Sorry for the size of the damn things. Any smaller and the quality would be a lot worse than it already is.)
Hyperthia
@Broken Chouchou: I have epique background skillz, don't I? wink.gif Actually, it's supposed to be rubble but... yeah... I hate backgrounds. tongue.gif
BTW, I like your art. Your backgrounds look excellent! XD

@Scarmysoul: Thanks for the complement biggrin.gif I also like your butterfly! I wish I had the patience for stuff like that.
Tian Ai
Broken Chouchou - Hey, I love the coloring! The second one almost reminds me of a Garden of Eden ish... vivid colors and birdies biggrin.gif

ScarmySoul - Great stitching job smile.gif It looks really complex, I know I can't do that kinda stuff for my life. Can't wait to see it finished ^^

Click to view attachment
Caution! Slight spoilers for Chap. 102 onwards!
Translation of text:
It'll be okay. I will become your eyes, Colonel!
... thank you, Lieutenant.
MsLinn
QUOTE (Hyperthia @ Apr 13 2010, 10:51 PM) *
Here you go:

Also, this is for a contest on http://equivalentxexchange.deviantart.com/. We're supposed to predict an end. This is what I want for the brothers. To get their bodies back, man!

Thank you! It was great! And I agree ^^

@ Broken Chouchou: Ugh, watercolour/aquarelle! I hate it! It's so difficult! But you did a great job! I absolutely LOVE Hohenheim! He looks so good there! How did you do the outlines, are they also watercolour!? ohmy.gif

I have fallen into temptation...I'm working on a couple of OCs...Yes, Al and Eds' children. *sigh* Overdone and all, but it was so tempting! :[
I always thought OCs that you only draw lack personality and depth. But since I can't write long fullflilling fanfiction, I've never tried the whole OC-thing.
But. One day I drew this guy and I thought he would look really good in Riza's colours, and her son was born. I drew a couple on more pictures, wrote a short short fic to go with it (about how Roy never aknowleged his son because he isn't very bright, with oh so subtle spoilers for Roy's condition, but don't worry, they figure it out), but then I kinda left it hanging.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
THEN, recently, I had a small artist's block and couldn't draw what I wanted, ending up with an angrylooking, too narrow-jawed Al. It left me uneasy, because I can't stand Al looking angry for a long time, so I turned him into another OC, and it spured on.

Now, Ed (and Winry biggrin.gif) have one son (that looks exactly like Urly Uley Winry's father) and one daughter (that looks like Ed but with Winry's hair colour). Al and an OC ('cause I can't imagine him with anyone from the show >.< Not even May) have one daughter (that looks like Trisha), the identical Al-son (but NOT his personality) and one more daughter (...she looks like a mix). Al also has a secret son *Oooohh...*, dedicated to the dear Qashqai!
And, because I wanted to give them personalities, I wrote small notes on the back of the drawings, with ages, quirkes, relation to their parents, anecdotes etc.. And then I continued to make the mandantory row of photo's! biggrin.gif I'm having so much fun with this!!

I'll just post some half-a$$ed photos (very big one's, sorry :/ ) because I'm to lazy to scan right now. And the "photos" aren't finished. And, doh!, I haven't named the characters. *fail*

Al's kids to the left, Ed's to the right. (Alternative Trisha-lookalike smile in the middle! She may be the mature, calm one, but that doesn't mean she don't have any humor!) Notice that Ed's son has a earring-hole, because he's in the military now and can't have long hair and piercings like he used too (see picture below).
Click to view attachment

Yes, I cut Ed's hair!! Blaphesmy! How dare I?! On another note, they look too old to be in their 40-ies sad.gif (They're all supposed to take place on Al's youngest daughter's birthday, except Al's wife (she looks too young).)
And that's Al's wife. She worked at the hospital were Al was taken to recover form his faminity (or whatever you should call it), as a trainee. Everyone was called in because of all the people that *chp 104 spoiler*got a heartattack and she was the only one who took the time to show some compassion towards the brothers. The other doctors were even suspicious of Ed (and whomever was with him. I'm thinking Roy, or Hoho.) and what had happened to Al. She ain't gorgeous but Al fell like a clubbed seal. (<= swedish expression, lol)
(Don't mind the fail-sketch in the corner...Yes, I plan on making Al have a beard...Shoot me.)
Click to view attachment

"Someone got tricked by sneaky, manipulative parents..." or "I haz teh ebils on u". This is 6 years before the ones above.
Click to view attachment

This is another two years earlier. It's the Trisha- and Al-lookalikes.
Click to view attachment

I'm taking a genetics-course now in university. Beware of the nerdyness!
I've decided that the gene for hair colour and the one that gives you golden eyes are on the same chromsome, very close to each other. This makes the traits inherit together. I do not think the genes for eye- and haircolour are located near eachother in real life, so I solved that by saying that the golden eyes are a mutation on the iris and not an eyecolor. Well, it is an eyecolour but it isn't controlled by the same gene as normal people's eyecolour. This means that Ed has another eyecolour under his Xerxes-mutation. So, this makes Ed's daughter very unusual, as she got Ed's eyes and Winry's haircolour (by crossover), and Ed's nickname for her when she was little was "His little mutant". happy.gif What no one knows though, is that Al's secret son also shows this ohmy.gif, but in the faraway place he is in, it makes people think he's a demon! (except his mother and psuedo-father, of course.)

The style is mostly inspired from the manga, I think.

EDIT: @Tian Ai Wow, it's beautiful!! I love how you draw Roy, and Riza's shirt <3__<3 I'm really bad at drawing clothes...
Tian Ai
MsLinn - I'm glad you liked it! I admire how much research is behind your work as well. I really love the way you color their hair. I can't color for my life... it always ruins the work >.<;
Maybe you should create a short doujin out of your characters ^^ I'd love to read it.

Another Royai work:
Still Going to Shoot?
Click to view attachment

Translation of text:
Colonel! Wh-what are you doing?!
Jeez. Still going to shoot me at a time like this, Lieutenant?
ScarMySoul
@ ChouChou ohmy.gif more of your art! I love it! The colors are great! happy.gif My favorite one is the first one...

@ Tian Ai Thanks very much! When I get more done I shall post more.... its very time consuming and takes a lot of patience.... happy.gif

@ MsLinn Lovely work! Can't wait to see more! biggrin.gif
Thalogens
I scribbled down a few things recently, they're a little stiff

'Tis Riza, I think. (Sort of like a cross between Riza and Olivier)

And this. Ignore the hands. IGNORE. THE. HANDS.

Ja-jaa. His face is a little off, ahaha o.o
NineTails

^^ I like drawing Envy biggrin.gif ~
Qashqai
QUOTE (MsLinn @ Apr 17 2010, 05:24 PM) *
Al also has a secret son *Oooohh...*, dedicated to the dear Qashqai!

I totally made ">: D" face. XD XD XD is this that cool-looking guy with black hair and golden eyes? >8D anyway, looking at him makes me wanna draw him. XD
You have some awesome story, OCs and drawings (I like how you color especially XD)~ I'm seconding the thought about doujinshi. Or fanfiction with some illustrations if you're too lazy to draw it *thinks of everyone with her own measure, lol* XD XD by the way, I drew Al in his 40s with beard once (...or twice) before, too, so no shots. XD XD
I lately tried to draw something NOT related to FMA and without a light colors XD so, this:

It's a fanart of newest book of one Polish author, Jacek Piekara. XD the scene of examination one guy named Tomas. XD
Of course, I've been doing lots of FMA crap lately, too... Like always. XD like, an animation with Al, elegant Greeling or Fullmetal High School pic with first graders. Besides of FMA characters, there is Laila from Juushin Enbu in their class XD they're, like, BFFs. XD it looks little Al/Ranfan there (AND OMG there's Ranfan's pantsu xD), but she's tsundere on him (he tries to hit on her since he's a rather ladies man in FMHigh School XD XD), so no. XD
AA battery
Pins I made! http://hoshisora.deviantart.com/art/FMA-Ed...adges-161130287
Katya Martin
^The "Useless" one kind of just made my day.
MsLinn
@AA battery *_* That is so cute!! Amazing!
@Thalogens You do shadows very good! Like, the hair of the little Riza(?), that's awesome!! It looks really soft!

And thank you, eveyone!
I've already changed the story to merge with a daydream I've been spinning on for...like a year! XD Which made Al's secret son have a bigger and not so secret part!
The problem is I'm not very good at writing them down, my daydreams...
Doujinshi...hm...It sounds difficult! I have already made a couple of short fics with illustrations to go (or pictures with long captions), but to draw the people again and again and again :S

Later!
Qashqai
Doujinshi requires a lot of work, but if I - teh super lazy girl -managed to draw something which had around 50 pages, then you should at least give a try~ XD from my own experience - I reccomend writing down a rough scenario before drawing and starting with rougly sketching a page, and then redrawing it cleaner xD
By the way. I drew this guy yesterday, after all. Practiced with BG a little, too, I guess it made it more like screenshot. >: D
Hyperthia
Awesome artwork, everyone!

Did this today:
Edward Elric
He is a shirtless bishie wink.gif
MsLinn
QUOTE (Qashqai @ Apr 21 2010, 08:37 PM) *
Doujinshi requires a lot of work, but if I - teh super lazy girl -managed to draw something which had around 50 pages, then you should at least give a try~ XD from my own experience - I reccomend writing down a rough scenario before drawing and starting with rougly sketching a page, and then redrawing it cleaner xD
By the way. I drew this guy yesterday, after all. Practiced with BG a little, too, I guess it made it more like screenshot. >: D

Holy COW!! That's awesome! I feel so special ph34r.gif And OF COURSE he loves cats!! We didn't I think of that?! He's so cute! I LOVE his smile! And EYES! And HAIR! Waa!! It's like-- It's like...noo...nooooooo... Fanart *_* ohmy.gif *is speechless*

Arrg, school is killing me right now! I don't think I will even have time to think of making a doujinshi untill the end of May sad.gif
I did finish Al and his wife doodle up there, though. He still has the beard...I don't like beard or stubble in real life, but it kinda looks good on him >.< Sorry for big file again...
Click to view attachment

*contiunes to stare at Qashqai's drawing for a while, before realising it's midnight and school tomorrow*

@Hyperthia Oh my God!! What?! Charcoal? But it's so awesome! The HAIR! I'm so weak for silky-looking hair! Just wow...*blow away*...good night...

EDIT: Oh, yes, I forgot! Qashqai, that animation with Al made me wanna animate sooo much! It was AMAZING! Not extremly complecated, I guess, but since it's anime, that's enough to bring life into it!!
And the comic biggrin.gif Poor Al...It defenetly had an Arakawa-feeling!
Forsaken Love
I wrote a short comic, 29 pages, and I thought I might aswell post it

http://mei-chans-panda.deviantart.com/art/...ath-1-161488677

Click 'back' XD to go to the next page, I know it's annoing but blame DA ;___; also for some reason the back/next buttons dont allways appear if that happens, please take your time to go to my gallery, and click on a page from there and then they should appear

http://mei-chans-panda.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured--2 (click on the boy who befriended death 1, for the first page)
shanryelric
@ Hyperthia : OH MY GOD THAT IS JUST SO AWESOME!!!!! (the edward one) AWESOMEEE *squee*
@ Ms Linn : wow great pictures!! you did a hard job though, but it turns out great~!!
@ Forsaken Love : WOW also! nice comic! biggrin.gif
@ Thalogens : ignored the hands. biggrin.gif great roy mustang and riza-olivier!
@ NineTails : I love Envy, but I can't draw him ; A ; huwaa that is a real cute envy!! biggrin.gif

nice drawings, everyone!! i did this thing, girl with curly hair is a self portrait (???), Grow up May Chang (YES I copy her outfit from Kuro....suji), sailor fuku lanfan and winry, and a random girl! biggrin.gif I hope u like it though I did no good in pencilling -,-
shanryelric
@ LooneyLolita : awesome works! happy.gif i love the first pic! the color done nicely smile.gif i like it!
MsLinn
@ Forsaken Love ...I worship thee!! That is something I will never be able to do! It baffles me thinking of it! You just made up a whole, complete story, with your own creatures, background, comedy and depth! (like everyone else who have ever written a book, a manus, a play etc, but somehow this feels much more real, I have seen you around here, I can acctually understand that one, ordinary person has made all of it!!)
The whole thing had such an wide range of emotions! I love the concept that they know when they're going to die, it made me so sad! I was really confused first, but then I got it, and WOW! And when you go againt your fate and stop your own death, you become a Thanatos and the one sent after you go to Hell, and finally dies! (But what happens if you stop your fate before anyone have you in their book? Or maybe you're listed in one of the books the moment you were born? Or (if you're put in a book right before you're going to die) you only know who's gonna be responsible for your death (unless you die from natural causes) close to it acctually happening, and not util then can you try and stop it?)
My favorite panel is when the Thanatos reads from his book in the begining with the glasses!! (you accidently put an 's' instead of an 'd' in 'descent', tough...) Or when he steps out of the room where he help the old lady to the afterlife! He looks so sad...
The first pages was coloured AMAZINGLY!! Just, BAM, in your face!
And "Jack Francis Penningstar" is so full of win. *_* Acctually, everyone seems to have awesome names! XD
You even maganged to squeeze in an woobie (beside the big one) when the boy's mother couldn't love him 'cause she knew he was going to die soon :'(
Needless to say, I'm impressed.

@shanryelric -- O.O I wanna be able to draw like that! It looks so fragile, flowing, clean and pretty! The hair in the self portrait is so amazing! The curls! I wanna eat them :X
(oh, smack me, please! I was irritated that I could only see the pictures in two sizes; so small it got grainy or so big I couldn't get a general impression. So I tried to press Ctrl and move the mouse wheel 'cause that had worked on...whatever it was, maybe GIMP...and yes, it worked... >.> I feel like I should have been able to figure this out earlier...)
Grown-up Mei looks awesome! *randomly loves the folds on her right sleeve*
I also like the random girl, despite the non-FMA-ness tongue.gif That's one pose I don't think I can draw. I love her arm and hair!
Also, Thank you very much, I'm glad you like my pics!

@LooneyLolita Holy Cow, that's sooo pretty!! I LOVE Winry's eyes and eyelashes in the one with her working outfit! And '104', WOW! Ed's face is...just...(dangit can't find the right word...a mix between 'flawless', 'spot on', 'jarringly emotional' and 'in character')!! (...my only concern is highly personal, and it's the eyebrows on top of the hair tongue.gif Before I read FMA, I didn't have a problem with it, but Arakwa's drawing-style has set a sort of standard for me happy.gif )
But my favorit is definetly 'Cold winter'...I love their eyes to death! Winry's mouth (lol), the misty breath and Ed furry, glowing coat-line-thingy are also so beautiful!!

(...I feel like my karma went up a thousand points...)
Forsaken Love
@ MsLinn thanks so much for your feedback!!! I'm really glad you liked it! Really appreciate the comments, thankyouuu! happy.gif I worked really hard, doing it all single handedly is a ridculous amount of work, I know now why artists have assistants XD hee hee it doesnt surprise me there are spelling mistakes and typos, its not my forte, a little annoied I missed one though! grrrr! I'll have to be more careful in future =3 To awnser your question, a person's name is listed into a Thanatos's book at birth, unless the person chooses to reveal their death date to someone else, only them and the Thanatos who has them listed will know it, however, the Thanatos who has the name listed also knows how the human can avoid their death. To avoid the fate is a choice that the human would never think of, or have the oppotunity to choose unless the Thanatos revealed the infomation to them
LooneyLolita
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Apr 24 2010, 08:08 AM) *
@ LooneyLolita : awesome works! happy.gif i love the first pic! the color done nicely smile.gif i like it!

Thank you so much! C:

QUOTE (MsLinn @ Apr 24 2010, 10:42 AM) *
@LooneyLolita Holy Cow, that's sooo pretty!! I LOVE Winry's eyes and eyelashes in the one with her working outfit! And '104', WOW! Ed's face is...just...(dangit can't find the right word...a mix between 'flawless', 'spot on', 'jarringly emotional' and 'in character')!! (...my only concern is highly personal, and it's the eyebrows on top of the hair tongue.gif Before I read FMA, I didn't have a problem with it, but Arakwa's drawing-style has set a sort of standard for me happy.gif )
But my favorit is definetly 'Cold winter'...I love their eyes to death! Winry's mouth (lol), the misty breath and Ed furry, glowing coat-line-thingy are also so beautiful!!

(...I feel like my karma went up a thousand points...)

Thank you!! ;A;
I also have high standard for myself. Because I want my art to be my living. I take every criticism as learning, so thanks! C:
Arakawa is also a fantastic mangaka, and she's one of my role models. Since I want be a mangaka myself. biggrin.gif
Broken Chouchou
Thanks for the comments, everyone biggrin.gif (I noticed two huge mistakes in retrospective, but whatever. Live and learn.)

@MsLinn - Whoa, I'm impressed by your hand drawn stuff. Didn't know you were that good ohmy.gif

@Forsaken Love - Guess I already told you, but that's such a great little big story (XD). I have to re-read it. You know I'd comment if I had DA tongue.gif

And I must say that everyone's art here is really amazing!! Honestly, you guys are so good! happy.gif
Jealous Rogo
@ForesakenLove

Some nice work there, you've got a lot of potential and a good eye for space and iconography and stuff like that. I'm interested to see what other work you've produced biggrin.gif

@LooneyLolita

Some nice drawings there, I especially like one of Lust and the one at the bottom with Ed and WInry. The bottom one has this quirky quality that I can't really define. Some great potential there I see.

In fact I see alot of great potential on this thread, I raelly need to spend more time on here.

Oh and Idon't know if I've mentioned this before, I know I've linked my deviantart before, but in my spare time, what little I have these days, I work on a webcomic/manga that I post on deviantart every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's called Gravston and it's about... well you'll see. If you like Fantasy you'll probably find something to enjoy. I hope anyway.

If your interested, check it out from teh first page here; http://rogo-the-golden-boy.deviantart.com/...-Pg-1-152524685 you can also find all my other artwork on my Deviantart as well.

Keep up the good arting peoples biggrin.gif
MsLinn
QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Apr 26 2010, 05:16 PM) *
Oh and I don't know if I've mentioned this before, I know I've linked my deviantart before, but in my spare time, what little I have these days, I work on a webcomic/manga that I post on deviantart every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's called Gravston and it's about... well you'll see. If you like Fantasy you'll probably find something to enjoy. I hope anyway.

Yes, omg, I can't believe I haven't told you yet! God!! >.< I found it like a week ago, and I was blown away! After I read some ten pages, I spent about 20 min trying to find this James Roy and his manga Gravstone that you've made doujinshi for! >.< When I figured it out, that you've done it all by your self, I was like "no...no...uh-uh...impossible!" I went into denial for ten minutes, before I realised that you are just that amesome.
And it is amazing! I'm drawn in! My biggest concern, and it torches me, is that Anton's parents only were concerned for him because he is important to the evil guys!! ohmy.gif His dad DID sound worried though, when Anton got his memory taken!
My alltime favorite panel that makes me so happy and mushy is when Sam....uel tongue.gif pats Anton's head when they are in the woods! Right before the one where Anton pats his own head! Samuel looks just so freaking adorable!!!
But as a whole page , this one stand out to me. It is so....much love!!! I LOVE it!!! It's adorable and character developing!!! And fantastic! Tha last panel with Samuel is so....awesome...(starting to lack adjectives). It's really...It makes my heart react.

The one problem, that you can't help me with, is that I read manga-style, right to left, all the effing time!! It's driving me crazy, because stuff doesn't make sense! :X And I have to read it again!...Well, how did that turn into a bad thing?!

And I drew this. Not very good, and I didn't even try to do your style, but yeah yeah! He's was just to cute to resist!
Click to view attachment

@ Broken Chouchou ńsch! blush.gif I was just lucky!
Jealous Rogo
QUOTE (MsLinn @ Apr 26 2010, 02:03 PM) *
QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Apr 26 2010, 05:16 PM) *
Oh and I don't know if I've mentioned this before, I know I've linked my deviantart before, but in my spare time, what little I have these days, I work on a webcomic/manga that I post on deviantart every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's called Gravston and it's about... well you'll see. If you like Fantasy you'll probably find something to enjoy. I hope anyway.

Yes, omg, I can't believe I haven't told you yet! God!! >.< I found it like a week ago, and I was blown away! After I read some ten pages, I spent about 20 min trying to find this James Roy and his manga Gravstone that you've made doujinshi for! >.< When I figured it out, that you've done it all by your self, I was like "no...no...uh-uh...impossible!" I went into denial for ten minutes, before I realised that you are just that amesome.
And it is amazing! I'm drawn in! My biggest concern, and it torches me, is that Anton's parents only were concerned for him because he is important to the evil guys!! ohmy.gif His dad DID sound worried though, when Anton got his memory taken!
My alltime favorite panel that makes me so happy and mushy is when Sam....uel tongue.gif pats Anton's head when they are in the woods! Right before the one where Anton pats his own head! Samuel looks just so freaking adorable!!!
But as a whole page , this one stand out to me. It is so....much love!!! I LOVE it!!! It's adorable and character developing!!! And fantastic! Tha last panel with Samuel is so....awesome...(starting to lack adjectives). It's really...It makes my heart react.

The one problem, that you can't help me with, is that I read manga-style, right to left, all the effing time!! It's driving me crazy, because stuff doesn't make sense! :X And I have to read it again!...Well, how did that turn into a bad thing?!

And I drew this. Not very good, and I didn't even try to do your style, but yeah yeah! He's was just to cute to resist!
Click to view attachment

@ Broken Chouchou ńsch! blush.gif I was just lucky!

Wow that's a weird coincidence! Yeah I came up with the idea a few years back, onlu just got around to making it. I'm aware it has some familiar cliches here and there and isn't the most original idea in the world but... It's kind of a personal project for me that I really, really can't abandon even if I tried haha. So glad your enjoying it, I promsie that things will be getting better from here on in... well I hope anyway haha.

And ohmy.gif

Is that a fanart of... ohmy.gif

WOW! Thank you so much I am so honored!!!! Having my characters fanarted is probably one of the greatest and sureallest experiences I've ever had! You did a great job with him I should add. Hell even I have trouble drawing the kid and he's MY character. Hence why he looks alittle off in Chapter 2.

Anyway, yeah... I'm all embarrassed now...
ScarMySoul
Hi everyone! This is my newest FMA piece. I've not done FMA OR color in a long time, I'm more so a pencil user but I thought I'd give it a go.

Peeking Around The Door

biggrin.gif
Envy-chan
I haven't been here for a long time. DDD: I need to stop my on-and-off appearances here. This place is too awesome.

@ shanryelric - I LOVE the curls in your fist picture. -sucks at drawing curls- The second drawing is also very cute, and I love the soft curves of the pencil in the third one. My favorite out of them all, though, would have to be the fourth, although the torso seems a bit long. Might just be me, though.

@ LoonyLolita - I LOVE THAT FIRST ONE. It is super adorable. DDD:

@ MsLinn - That is a very cute picture! I love the warm colors a lot. C:

@ ScarMySoul - CCC: Little Edo-kun~ socute. You did really good!

But, here is what I've worked on while I was gone. Note- I did not draw any of these. I just colored them, so please only critique the coloring job, not the lineart (although, who would bash the beautiful lines? @_@ ).

ScarMySoul
@ Envy~Chan ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Welcome back!!!!!! You're art is amazing!!! As usual.... happy.gif Thanks for the compliment!

Okay so I spent a bit of time on this drawing, took me about 2 and half hours:

Rogue
MsLinn
@ScarMySoul Eee!! Good perspective! I'm really having GREAT trouble with nonstraight-on perspectives...I need a model or something...Those wooden-dolls with joints can't bend and stay like that like a human can... sad.gif
Also, LOVE her gloves, they look awesome!
And cute chibi!Edo!!

@Envy-chan
Wooow! That first one...I would have lost the patience to colour that straigh away! I love the shiny stuff :3 Especially the fish-tank!

Here's a doodle I did in class that got overdone... I was gonna erase the lines and colour with quick, light colours...But, alas (>.< I like that word), I changed a few things here and a few things there, and ended up re-tracing it all in Photoshop and adding a "background" and fiddling a lot with light...But as you can see, I have absolutely no idea how to make flyffy stuff, like the cover. :/
I'll add the original from my notebook.

In the aftermath of the battle, Al can finally get a good night's sleep, and he's slightly nervous.
-Can you stay here until I've fallen asleep, Brother?
-...Don't worry, I'll stay here all night.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Broken Chouchou
@Envy-chan - Indeed that is some awesome colouring job! Despite the incredible detail of the first one, I have to say the character ones are my favourites. That's Yuna from Final Fantasy, right? Both the drawing of her and Ed are really beautiful. The lineart proabbly looks good on it's own, but it undoubtedly couldn't compare with this, sprung alive by your fantastic, vibrant colouring. I really like the bright lighting effects on the third image, the way everything is affected by the reflection on Ed's automail. Looks really cool. Shading is also fair, and the colours are awesome. I guess I'm biased since it's Ed, but Yuna looks very good too ^^

@MsLinn - I like it! You're good with that PS of yours wink.gif And you did the original sketch in class? Without reference? ohmy.gif
MsLinn
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ May 3 2010, 07:33 PM) *
@MsLinn - I like it! You're good with that PS of yours wink.gif And you did the original sketch in class? Without reference? ohmy.gif

Thank you! biggrin.gif
and
Yepp ^^ Al and Ed is the only characters ever, I can draw somewhat accurately without references. I remember when I got into FMA and was really frustrated when I couldn't make them look anything like they should without major peeking! I thought to myself that I have to practice to get better, and you've just made me realise that maybe I have now, to some extent! :'D
Envy-chan
@ ScarMySoul - Thanks for the welcome back! I'm going to try and stay as active as I can here, so there aren't any long absences and 'Welcome Back's directed towards me. :3

Anyway, is that done in graphite and tonal markers? If so, Me = JEALOUS. I suck with graphite. And only two and a half hours?! It would've taken me two and a half days to do that. It very gorgeous. I love all the contrast. C:

@ MsLinn - Thank you for the compliment! I actually almost ran out of patience while coloring that. xD In fact, I took breaks that lasted several days while working on that one.

I love how soft your coloring is! It looks very peaceful, and is making me sleepy. My favorite part, though, would have to be Ed's hair. It looks like liquid gold. C: I can't make my hair look like that when coloring, which is why I tend to go for a more natural look. But you did a great job with that!

And same with what Broken Chouchou said - I can't believe you sketched that in class! I always have to look at references of anime characters when sketching, otherwise they end up looking funny. (Example? Edward- looked too manly. Envy- face too narrow. Olivier Marie- Looked like a soft, cute little girl. Roy- looked like Maria Ross, etc. etc.) So kudos to you!

@ Broken Chouchou - Thank you for the nice compliments! C: Yes, that is Yuna. I love her so much. But yeah, I have to agree with you. Even though I like my first one, Yuna and Ed are my favorites, simply because they are simple and elegant looking. That, and it's just more relaxing coloring them and not worrying about the background at all.
ScarMySoul
@ Envy Chan No actually the whole thing is done with graphite pencils. I used, F, 4b, 6b and 8b. The darkest black color was done with the 8b pencil since that's the softest lead.

Ms Linn ohmy.gif You did an amazing job for having no refrence! The colors are really nice as well. Also thanks for the kind compliments! happy.gif
MsLinn
QUOTE (Envy-chan @ May 3 2010, 09:25 PM) *
@ MsLinn - Thank you for the compliment! I actually almost ran out of patience while coloring that. xD In fact, I took breaks that lasted several days while working on that one.

I love how soft your coloring is! It looks very peaceful, and is making me sleepy. My favorite part, though, would have to be Ed's hair. It looks like liquid gold. C: I can't make my hair look like that when coloring, which is why I tend to go for a more natural look. But you did a great job with that!

And same with what Broken Chouchou said - I can't believe you sketched that in class! I always have to look at references of anime characters when sketching, otherwise they end up looking funny. So kudos to you!

Yeah, when I'm working on colouring big pictures, it takes a while...ask ChouChou >.>

And thank you ^^ But...it's Al >.< When he get his body back, and is going to sleep for the first time! smile.gif
Envy-chan
@ ScarMySoul - SLDKURYFSHRFSUF. All pencils?! O_O

@ MsLinn - Ah! Sorry! >.< It does say Al, I was reading too fast and mistook "Al" for "Ed."
ScarMySoul
@ Envy Chan laugh.gif yes just pencils... I"ve had a lot of practice over the years with pencils, but sadly my COLOR pencil skills are somewhat lacking... I'm surprised this drawing I posted here came out as well as it did... I think its the time I spent on it lol.

I'm on an X-Men kick! laugh.gif

Here's a drawing I just finished, took me about two hours:

Classic Wolverine

Tools:

Crayola color pencils, Micron Archival Pens size 01 & 05

Logan

This is a portrait of my friends son smile.gif Took me about 2 hours to finish! smile.gif
shanryelric
Owo EVERYONE's art is STUNNING!!! awsome works, MsLinn, ScarMySoul, Envy-Chan (THE COLORINGSS!!!), and Broken Chouchou!

anyway I got vocaloid fever and decided to draw Hatsune Miku. here's the sketch and the final biggrin.gif
Qashqai
Wow, that final Miku looks cool. XD you have some skills with b&w don't ya 8D
Lately, I've been making a story for own comic and OCs. Still in phase of planning, but, well, I drew the main cast. You can see sheets and read about the story, universe and characters here XD
I also drew two main characters in b&w with tones and all tongue.gif

Looks lame, I know. :<
lunneth
@LooneyLolita

OMG I'VE SEEN YOUR DEVIANTART GALLERY BEFORE IT'S AMAZING biggrin.gif
AND YOUR EDXWIN ONES ARE INCRDIBLE I LOVE THEM XD
ScarMySoul
@ shanryelric ohmy.gif Amazing work! love the finished product!

@ Qashqai Wow your style is so neat! Looks great! Can't wait to see more!

------------

I drew this last night with graphite pencils.... took me 3.5 hours...

Venom

I'm so pleased with the outcome of this smile.gif
Qashqai
ScarMySoul, thanks~! And wow, here we have some scary looking dude. Looks cool, I like how hands are easily visible in the bottom even though they're black like it's surrounding xD you know what I mean rite? xD

Okay, here are two other characters I drew today in the same way as previous ones XD:

ScarMySoul
@ Qashqai Thanks so much! If you're familiar with Spiderman, he's one of the villains called Venom. smile.gif Your new works looks amazing by the way! happy.gif
Katya Martin
Sketchdump from the notes I took at a review session (arg blarg lined paper):

...Nobody would be surprised if my professor turned out to be Envy...
Broken Chouchou
@shanryelric - You're amazing. The sketches on the previous page are gorgeous, and the inked black and white drawing here is really great too!!

@Qashqai - I like your characters. Especially the guy with glasses, Heike Totumo, really looks taken right out from a professional manga biggrin.gif

@ScarMySoul - I absolutely love your Venom! Awesome job with the shading. You have every right to be pleased happy.gif Only thing missing would be a long, dripping tongue tongue.gif You have to include that in your next one!

@Katya Martin - Nice sketches! I like Lust the best ^^

@MsLinn - The wait was worth it XD
ScarMySoul
@ Chouchou I was debating on whether I should add that in myself but I didn't want to risk it, the refrence for this pic of Venom was the cover of the Venom comic book #1 and he didn't have his tongue out lol... but maybe next time! Everyone is suggesting I draw Carnage next... so I just might do that biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.