Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Beauty Of Your Own Artwork
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
MsLinn
Hello! I asked Broken Chouchou if I could colour EdxWin, and now he thinks I should post it here! I'm glad he likes it!
Click to view attachment
I used photoshop.
Changes to the lineart were made with permission.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (MsLinn @ Jan 10 2010, 07:18 AM) *
he thinks I should post it here! I'm glad he likes it!

Corrections; I thought you should totally post it here. And I love it wink.gif

Thanks so much for wanting to take it on and doing this awesome job with it!! It's really, really great! You brought it to life, yay, soo much better than my original!! biggrin.gif
MsLinn
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Jan 10 2010, 03:05 PM) *
QUOTE (MsLinn @ Jan 10 2010, 07:18 AM) *
he thinks I should post it here! I'm glad he likes it!

Corrections; I thought you should totally post it here. And I love it wink.gif

Thanks so much for wanting to take it on and doing this awesome job with it!! It's really, really great! You brought it to life, yay, soo much better than my original!! biggrin.gif

Aww, thanks again!! I would be glad to do it again sometime!
A Pierrot's Aria
Wow!! You both did a great job with it! =D The colouring is fantastic and the expression on Ed's face is priceless!
Hyperthia
Yay! EdWin! I love it X3
MsLinn
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jan 10 2010, 06:26 PM) *
Wow!! You both did a great job with it! =D The colouring is fantastic and the expression on Ed's face is priceless!

QUOTE (Hyperthia @ Jan 10 2010, 10:24 PM) *
Yay! EdWin! I love it X3

Waa!! Thank you! <3
I'm gonna post one more soon, but it's only be me...so no action, just...a portrait xD. It's Al...just standing there...
Thanks again!
Katya Martin
This one isn't really new (actually it's from that other time I was a freshman. Wow.) but it's held up fairly well, I think. http://chaosrampantkiryn.deviantart.com/ar...kbell-108869987
Broken Chouchou
I like your drawing of Winry, Katya Martin ^^

And looking forward to seeing your portrait, MsLinn. I'm eager to see what your hand-drawn stuff looks like =D
zonkiethegreat
Well...my favorite couple is NOT CANNON in any way, shape or form! LOL this is obvious from my signature!

However, since V-day approaches, I thought I would contribute to this thread, even though I'm one of the very few who loves this pairing!

The fanart is mine, and is inspired by Chapter 6: "The Kiss" from my ongoing fanfic "An Alchemic Reaction". I used markers, and pencil mostly, and then added a water-coloring effect through Pshop. I gave Winry a more retro look, for the feel of the chapter.

I was going to post a bit of the chapter on here, but.....it's a bit "detailed" and I don't wanna risk a wrench to the head!

My love for this pairing comes mostly from the ending of COS. (not the manga)

WARNING this fic is rated MATURE. (But this chapter is deemed suitable to link by the board. ^^)
Here is a link to my fanfic "An Alchemic Reaction": http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3926390/1/An_Alchemic_Reaction

ScarMySoul
These are my latest pieces...

Broken

30 Minute Avatar Sketch

lol The Avatar drawing isn't done, just a quick sketch until I can actually get to the details happy.gif
Rainshine
QUOTE (Hyperthia @ Dec 14 2009, 01:28 PM) *
Rain-Alchemist: Aww! What a cute dragon! Coffee is also my choice beverage while I draw or paint. It cleanses the soul smile.gif
I have some dragon pictures I did years ago. I should find them and post them, cuz some of them are way better than my current work...

Thanks! ^^
And I'd love to see your dragon pictures. biggrin.gif
shanryelric
hello everyone!! this is my fanart for ed. hehehe i cant draw arakawa style.. so this is my style.. enjoy! biggrin.gif
Hagaren_4ever
^Ahhh! That's so sad! You had me hanging on every word, just fantastic writing, you should be published!

A bit of a comedic relief for anyone who just read Chiyo's fantastic work, I've got some funny little drawings for you all to see.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XCnFw9Es08Q/S3cM...d+and+Winry.bmp

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XCnFw9Es08Q/S3cR...oy+and+Riza.bmp

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XCnFw9Es08Q/S3cS...+and+Lanfan.bmp

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XCnFw9Es08Q/S3cP.../Al+and+Mei.bmp

And hey, if anyone feels the uncontrollable urge to color these pictures and send them back to me, who am I stop ya? wink.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 13 2010, 02:48 AM) *
hello everyone!! this is my fanart for ed. hehehe i cant draw arakawa style.. so this is my style.. enjoy! biggrin.gif

Oh wow! I love your style and your line art is really clean! Would like to see it colored! happy.gif
Katya Martin
This class doodle isn't much, but the accompanying dialogue implies... things... happy.gif
(It's set maybe a year after the manga ends. I'm assuming Al's been sufficiently fed by then.)
I may post a cleaned-up/colored/speech-bubbled version later.

Dialogue:
Ed: Why did we have to come to this? Why do I have to wear a suit?
Al: Oh come on, Brother, it's nice that the Lieutenant-- I mean, whatever rank she is now-- invited us. And it could be worse, you could be wearing a dress uniform.
Winry: Doesn't she look pretty?
Ed: Ehh, it's only since she invited us. If it had been the Colonel--
Al: --you mean the President--
Ed: He's still that blasted Colonel to me. Anyway, if he'd done the inviting, I wouldn't have come.
Winry: Stop being grumpy, you would have come. Now shush! Watch!
Ed: ...I'm only in for the food at the reception.
shanryelric
QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Feb 14 2010, 05:45 AM) *
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 13 2010, 02:48 AM) *

Oh wow! I love your style and your line art is really clean! Would like to see it colored! happy.gif
thanks a lot!! i can't color yet T.T but when i'm able to do it i'll color it! biggrin.gif thanks!
MsLinn
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 13 2010, 09:48 AM) *

WOW! just, WOW! That is awesome! I love it!
*one more time:* WOW!
I love his hair, and your whole style, and his eyes! I'm so impressed with the clothes, they are fabolous!! I think it's so hard doing clothes so they look thick and folded, and this looks so real!!

*I wanna go and draw now, but I have to do homework...I'm gonna post more here soon, I promise!*
shanryelric
QUOTE (MsLinn @ Feb 14 2010, 04:33 PM) *
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 13 2010, 09:48 AM) *

WOW! just, WOW! That is awesome! I love it!
*one more time:* WOW!
I love his hair, and your whole style, and his eyes! I'm so impressed with the clothes, they are fabolous!! I think it's so hard doing clothes so they look thick and folded, and this looks so real!!

*I wanna go and draw now, but I have to do homework...I'm gonna post more here soon, I promise!*

thanks a lot for the comment!! i'll make another one too. tee hee smile.gif smile.gif looking forward for your pics!!
NineTails
here is my drawing >"< hope it won't be so ugly T_T ( I'm not good at drawing something ....)
A Pierrot's Aria
That's not ugly at all, NineTails! It's fantastic, you're really good at drawing Envy!
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (NineTails @ Feb 18 2010, 04:17 AM) *
here is my drawing >"< hope it won't be so ugly T_T ( I'm not good at drawing something ....)

I think it looks great! Are you going to color it at all? If you are I can't wait to see the outcome! happy.gif
NineTails
Thanks for your comments ^^
I think it looks great! Are you going to color it at all? If you are I can't wait to see the outcome! happy.gif

I think I won't color it .. because I haven't color any picture before ... I dunno
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (NineTails @ Feb 19 2010, 01:30 AM) *
Thanks for your comments ^^

I think I won't color it .. because I haven't color any picture before ... I dunno

Welll you wont know until you try at how the outcome will be! Either way its a great drawing! happy.gif
MsLinn
Well, I thought I posted a pic here a coule of moths ago, but I can't find it. Anyway, I think I promised in the post to show you a pic of Al I've done, so better late then never, eh?
Click to view attachment

And some bad-quality scans:
Dear Rudolph
Click to view attachment
lol...yeah...Tell me what Al should be dressed up as? (lol, a questionmark. I should get some sleep...). :/ I couldn't think of anything good that don't make me change too much...

Edward Elric, the parachuter
Click to view attachment
(It's Trishia down there.)

Hard Work
Click to view attachment
This was one of those drawings you just couldn't get right, so you gave up, forget about it, found it again, gave it another try, and it turned out much, much better! (Ignore the single inked line...Ed is reflected in the window. I'm going to put small photos in the frames one day...Al's hand is way too small, though.)

Growing up
Click to view attachment
I like the last panel best smile.gif

So cute!
Click to view attachment
One of my utterly few serious attempts on Al's armor. And that's like an OC, or something...

Les Adorables
Click to view attachment
The upper one was when I imagined Ed without his antenna...He looks like an angry Tubbie-cookie (...you know...from Teletubbies...*dies of shame*)...(realises it should be spelled "L'adorable"...sowwie...)

Jingle Bells
Click to view attachment
I freaking love cats! (PS This one is not finished; the tail.)

Al on the beach
Click to view attachment
I think it was this picture that started my FMA-fanart-frenzy. It was after reading a gigant heap of doujinshi. Now it's almost the only thing I draw...

Click to view attachment
And some more computerart. Almost without any references; except the colours and how his bangs looks in the middle of his forehead.

Waa! So many, gomen gomen!

Can you only post fanart here? Only FMA-fanart?
mellulah
Tis not very good but here is a bit of fanart I did.

Link to it on deviant art if you prefer that:
http://ember10000.deviantart.com/art/FMA-Gate-153347336
MsLinn
QUOTE (mellulah @ Feb 21 2010, 10:10 PM) *
Tis not very good but here is a bit of fanart I did.

What?! I think it's really good! Especially the colouring! I rearly do colouring, and if I do (see my pics above) there really small and easy! I think Al turned out great, his armour is so hard to draw T_T
You did awesome with their hair, too.
smile.gif
mellulah
What?! I think it's really good! Especially the colouring! I rearly do colouring, and if I do (see my pics above) there really small and easy! I think Al turned out great, his armour is so hard to draw T_T
You did awesome with their hair, too.
smile.gif

Thankies. I have so many ideas for fanart but I can't draw them digitally cos my tablet decided to kick the bucket. T_T
shanryelric
this one i made not long ago.. hope u like it! smile.gif
MsLinn
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 23 2010, 05:02 AM) *

... ohmy.gif
My mouth went dry when I saw the feathers *-* I love the wings SO much! And the dress, I really can't draw clothes like that, all flowy! It is just wonderful, and sad, and glorious. I love her eyelashes...and neck, lol. And I really want that cage, it's pretty. I like the birds, I see four of them!
And the loose plait/braid (whats the difference?) in her hair!
Gah, it's wonderful, I love it!!! You're so good!
Is she from something? an anime?

Here's my friend's birthday card! I really didn't know what do draw, but then she said that the only thing she was gonna watch during OS was the skating, so...
Click to view attachment
(She also got cupcakes, she loves them!)

And here's one I gave to my bis sister last year, for her birthday! (it's watercolour! *gasp*)
Click to view attachment

If you're only supposed to upload fanart of FMA (as the name of the forum suggests...), then I'm sorry and here you have: Click to view attachment
(It's Ed's eye... huh.gif )
shanryelric
QUOTE (MsLinn @ Feb 24 2010, 03:36 AM) *
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 23 2010, 05:02 AM) *

... ohmy.gif
My mouth went dry when I saw the feathers *-* I love the wings SO much! And the dress, I really can't draw clothes like that, all flowy! It is just wonderful, and sad, and glorious. I love her eyelashes...and neck, lol. And I really want that cage, it's pretty. I like the birds, I see four of them!
And the loose plait/braid (whats the difference?) in her hair!
Gah, it's wonderful, I love it!!! You're so good!
Is she from something? an anime?

wow really?? o.O i never get that kind of comment before! thank you so much!! biggrin.gif <3 <3 <3 the pic i made when i'm in a good mood to draw so it ends up done pretty fast. smile.gif it's from the anime Code Geass, copy the concept from CLAMP with some difference i want.

WHOA u're really good in digital art!! since i don't know how to digitally draw somethong or even using photoshop TTT.TTT i love ed's eye u made!! and i love the winry (it's winry rite?) with an angel wing. it's really cute and beautiful!!
Tombow
QUOTE (MsLinn @ Feb 23 2010, 04:36 PM) *
If you're only supposed to upload fanart of FMA (as the name of the forum suggests...), then I'm sorry and here you have:....

@MsLinn - The general guideline is that each thread contains at least some FMA fanarts. Therefore, if you open your own "My Fanart Collection" type thread, then we ask you to include at least some FMA fanarts on your thread as a part of the display of your fanart collection on your thread.

And, since this "Beauty of..." thread is an "open-artists" thread, to be posted by many artists, and the thread already contains some FMA fanarts, hence future postings can be either FMA or non-FMA fanarts. Although, of course we welcome and encourage as many FMA fanarts to be posted on this thread and on any other threads in our Fanart forum.. smile.gif
Qashqai
Hmm~ time for me to show off, because I like to show off. XD
I make a loooot of FMA fanart lately (for, like, last 4 or 5 months...).
My personal favourite is this :'D especially since Arakawa used a similar concept in chapter 104 happy.gif (my fanart was done in November). You can find works like that on my deviantART, but actually I make a lot of crap which I think isn't worth of uploading on dA :'D like this or this (AL/RANFAN IS HAWT, YO. |D), and a lot of sketches which obviously aren't worth of it XD like these:
Scar and his bro
young Royai
one of the sketches I made after reading chapter 104... I'm father's fangirl since then, actually
And just a moment ago I sketched this. XD just because I saw a picture of movie!Al in military uniform... XD XD
Ah, and before anyone asks - I'm using mouse (no tablet~ well, sometimes I'm using touchpad, ahaha) and Photoshop CS3. : P
MsLinn
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 24 2010, 09:55 AM) *
and i love the winry (it's winry rite?) with an angel wing. it's really cute and beautiful!!

Oh, thank you! I'm only a beginner, though!
And, no, it was not supposed to be Winry, wrong eyecolour ^^ Just something I made for my sister. smile.gif

QUOTE (Qashqai @ Feb 24 2010, 06:55 PM) *
Hmm~ time for me to show off, because I like to show off. XD

...you know, Qashqai...you are my hero...You may show off all you want! Please come to Sweden and show off!
You truly made epic win with that five sacrifices pic. Great minds think alike, indeed.
And you make the hottest Al there is, and I will forever love you for that. Positivly droolworthy. *whiping of the desk after the coloured longhaired Al with EXACTLY THE RIGHT COLOURS! Even the Arakawa-orange in his eyes!!*

AND KITTEN! arg! love them!

biggrin.gif Thank you for...eh...being so talanted!

And with a mouse?! Now I adore your talent (and you) even more!
Qashqai
QUOTE (MsLinn @ Feb 24 2010, 08:16 PM) *
...you know, Qashqai...you are my hero...You may show off all you want! Please come to Sweden and show off!

I will think about it. XD XD
You truly made epic win with that five sacrifices pic. Great minds think alike, indeed.
And you make the hottest Al there is, and I will forever love you for that. Positivly droolworthy.

AND KITTEN! arg! love them!

biggrin.gif Thank you for...eh...being so talanted!

XD XD thank you for such a nice words~! XD
Kittens are love~ :3 talking about kittens; I absolutely love your sketch with Al and one BIG kitten (one of these posted on the previous page). XD XD

And with a mouse?! Now I adore your talent (and you) even more!

Apparently, I'm better with a mouse than with a pencil (about contraptions like copic markers - I didn't ever have one in my hand, unfortunately). XD I guess it's matter of practice, I mean, I draw with pencil only when someone asks me to. I have one photo of the pic I drew for my cousin; it was a long time ago, though~ XD when I have any concept, I'm trying to sketch it with mouse firstly XD

Anyway, I'll post karaoke sketches, too, doing these was fun. XD five 4komas, characters sings their character songs on karaoke. :3
part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5 XD
Thalogens
This is just a random scribble I jotted down when I was supposed to be revising (hence the lined revision card) but then it turned into... a mediocre sketch of what I suspect Riza was like as a child (I'm thinking that shes looking into her father's study?) Mmm, I don't often draw anime/manga, so its a little stiff.

I was looking through my school sketchbook and I saw that one of my sketches looked like it could be Lust in real life, but its not anime/manga... plus its on A3 paper and doesn't fit my scanner :/ Oh yeah, and a random coloured drawing of riza as a child again, but this time its more of a cartoonishy thingy... ahem...
Katya Martin
That's really good. Reminds me of the scene with little Ed looking into Hohenheim's study.
Thalogens
QUOTE (Katya Martin @ Feb 24 2010, 11:33 PM) *
That's really good. Reminds me of the scene with little Ed looking into Hohenheim's study.

Thats the exact scene I was thinking of too, I tried to find it ...but I couldn't... :/ and thanks c:
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (DoxyWings @ Feb 24 2010, 05:07 PM) *
This is just a random scribble I jotted down when I was supposed to be revising (hence the lined revision card) but then it turned into... a mediocre sketch of what I suspect Riza was like as a child (I'm thinking that shes looking into her father's study?) Mmm, I don't often draw anime/manga, so its a little stiff.

I was looking through my school sketchbook and I saw that one of my sketches looked like it could be Lust in real life, but its not anime/manga... plus its on A3 paper and doesn't fit my scanner :/ Oh yeah, and a random coloured drawing of riza as a child again, but this time its more of a cartoonishy thingy... ahem...

Wow that looks great for a quick sketch! ohmy.gif You're style is very nice and clean! Lovely work!
Broken Chouchou
Indeed, that looks great, DoxyWings. I am worthless with sketching with pencils, I can't get the shading to look that awesomely awesome as you did, really nice job happy.gif Love your style, too. Envy your skills.
Qashqai
Big "wow" at shading, DoxyWings :3 I wish I could do that. xD
Still, I'm sticking with my digitals. XD XD

Yay for cracks.
ScarMySoul
@ Qashqai You're digital work is really nice! The details are very clear. The only thing I was looking at her face, its seems a tad off... but then again I could just be seeing things... tongue.gif

Cling To The Past

This took me about two hours to make. Its my RECREATION of the art book picture. happy.gif Was a beast to draw because of the how long it took. I kept having to stop and come back to it lol.
Katya Martin
Lol, I loved the car comic... your style is really cute!
shanryelric
these are some of mine.
the first ed is the one I posted not long ago, but i made it clearer to see. and then the 2 girls is the the thing i drew LOOONG ago, and the last one is me trying arakawa's style ed. biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Mar 2 2010, 07:58 AM) *
these are some of mine.
the first ed is the one I posted not long ago, but i made it clearer to see. and then the 2 girls is the the thing i drew LOOONG ago, and the last one is me trying arakawa's style ed. biggrin.gif

Your art is great! As well as the style! I bet they'd look wicked in color. happy.gif
shanryelric
QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Mar 2 2010, 11:59 PM) *
Your art is great! As well as the style! I bet they'd look wicked in color. happy.gif

waaa thank you!! '__' color, eh? ok i'll try!
AA battery
@KM: Thanks~ ;3
Qashqai
AA battery, I loved these comics. XD Especially the one with little sister thing XD XD also, your style is cute~ 8D
shanryelric, I like that Ed in your style best :3 it looks good as it is, but I'd love to see it in colors, too 8D
Well, from me, this time... Another cracky pairing, PridexMay XDD

(...I have some kind of artblock xDD)
mellulah
Something I did for my class work.
Not particularily good, I need to work on the head so that the lines and the colour doesn't look completely seperate. Also I think I need to make the spray a little more 'harsh' if you get me.
Deviantart link:
http://ember10000.deviantart.com/art/Metal...hingy-156141309
shanryelric
QUOTE (Qashqai @ Mar 4 2010, 07:50 AM) *
shanryelric, I like that Ed in your style best :3 it looks good as it is, but I'd love to see it in colors, too 8D
Well, from me, this time... Another cracky pairing, PridexMay XDD

(...I have some kind of artblock xDD)

thank youuuu :3
omg!!! those are so cutee! am i the only one who think that pride fits well to be roy and riza's son?? biggrin.gif and I love the coloring!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.