Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Beauty Of Your Own Artwork
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
wateria
QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 3 2007, 10:37 PM) *
Wow, lots of awesome fanarts!! biggrin.gif

@Little Washu - That Kakashi is cute! Especially those pink cheeks!! biggrin.gif

@baKa-neKoh - Wow, you can draw!! That's very nice!! Please post more!! ^^

@jefe - I like that comical Kimbley!! The eyes, the smile!! The background matches mocely, too!! biggrin.gif

@Toby-Chan - Nice depiction of Winry and Rose as ordinary contemporary gals!! Awesome drawing, as usual!! ^^

@MIRANDAAA - Welcome, welcome!! Yap, this is the right thread! ^^
I love your style!! Those are so cute with big lovely eyes!!

@Nathaniel Very good pencil drawings!! I like those dramatic eyes!

@wateria - Wow, those are awesome!! All of them are so good, but especially like the first Al one, and Ed as pirate!! But, all of them are well done!! Thanks for sharing them with us!! ^^

@seventh_sky - Lovely Roy and Riza!! And, congratulations for 2000 page views!! happy.gif

@ed_drink_your_milk - You're very good!! Both look very nice!!

Hey thanks Tombow^^

I finally got my email revalidation form back so I can post again. Here is my most recent Edward I've done.

Tombow
@wateria - Glad you got revalidation done!! ^^
Wow, that Ed pic is beautifully done!!
I love the soft coloring you did, and the way you did Ed's hair, and eyes!! ^^
wateria
QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 6 2007, 03:04 AM) *
@wateria - Glad you got revalidation done!! ^^
Wow, that Ed pic is beautifully done!!
I love the soft coloring you did, and the way you did Ed's hair, and eyes!! ^^

Thanks^^
I drew him with a drawing tablet. My second attempt drawing him with it. Glad you liked it.
seventh_sky
Mah RP character lookin all purty XD
Tombow
@seventh_sky - She sure is purty!! She got such a classic beauty!
Gorgeous eyes, and you did great shading job with just pencil, too!!
Nicely done!! happy.gif
wateria
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Sep 8 2007, 12:59 PM) *
Mah RP character lookin all purty XD

Great drawing Seventh_sky.
Cheez_n_ Maeve
New piccie! yayZ! What do you guys think? ANy critique?
wateria
QUOTE(Cheez_n_ Maeve @ Sep 8 2007, 08:57 PM) *

Nice, whats it drawn with? It looks like it was drawn with a drawing tablet.
Tombow
@Cheez_n_ Maeve - That's a nice looking drawing!!
What her name? (I assume it is "her." ^^)
And, she is part dog?? Those eyes are dazzlingly pretty!!
And, it's is very nicely drawn!! Tell us more about her!! ^^
jefe
just something (kimblee/scar)

Click to view attachment
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c158/sir...carkimbleyb.jpg

<Switched to Attachment to stop stretching of the forum page. 09/09/07 ~Tombow>
Tombow
@jefe - That's a cool looking piece depicting these two very colorful characters.
I like the way you put the Kimbley with him seemingly casting his eye toward Scar.
Very cool. biggrin.gif
Chiyo
EdxWin - so sue me
Cheez_n_ Maeve
QUOTE(wateria @ Sep 9 2007, 07:47 AM) *

Yes. I drew it with a tablet. I'm curretly in the middle of coloring it. Wacom tablet and photoshop= loves of my life.

@Tombow~ No! You pitiful human FOOL! It is a man with long eyelashes and bOoBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... ok... i lied. it's a girl. Her name is Citra. This picture is a commission for a friend of mine. I don't know much about her except that she used to be a human pirate but became a fox person thingy. Now she's the goddess of nature, beauty, adventurers and what not. That's my horrible explanation of who she is.
katieluvsfma
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentumm hi u said post so art so heres mine biggrin.gif plz tell me what ya think
the frist one is of ed and winry bt u already knew that lol
and other one is my favroite it's alphonse heiderich ya know from the movie i just love this one!!
wateria
QUOTE(Cheez_n_ Maeve @ Sep 10 2007, 09:15 AM) *
QUOTE(wateria @ Sep 9 2007, 07:47 AM) *

Yes. I drew it with a tablet. I'm curretly in the middle of coloring it. Wacom tablet and photoshop= loves of my life.

@Tombow~ No! You pitiful human FOOL! It is a man with long eyelashes and bOoBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... ok... i lied. it's a girl. Her name is Citra. This picture is a commission for a friend of mine. I don't know much about her except that she used to be a human pirate but became a fox person thingy. Now she's the goddess of nature, beauty, adventurers and what not. That's my horrible explanation of who she is.

I thought as much. I draw with a tablet also. The Edward that I posted before you posted her was drawn with it. Can't wait to see her colored.
Tombow
@Chiyo - I love the soft flowing feel of that drawing!
I like the way you did coloring and shadowing.
It came out beautiful, IMO!! ^^

@Cheez_n_ Maeve - Ah, then my initial thought was correct!!
I thought that lady looked like fox, but I thought it was less likely than being a part dog. biggrin.gif
I agree with wateria, I would love to see that one colored!! ^^

@katieluvsfma - WELCOME to our board, and welcome to the fanart forum!! biggrin.gif
Those are very nice hand drawings of Ed, Winry, and Alphonse!!
I'd love to see more of your posts with your drawings!! happy.gif
Oh and, if you'd like, please stop by on Newcomers thread and post your "hi"!!
Or, post about Alphonse on Alphonse thread, or join discussions in our FMA movie forum!! ^^
PUKE
wow, i see some nice work around here, guys. <3

if you link to a DA page then i will comment there, that way i won't have to post my comment twice here. lol

katieluvsfma - nice, i'm glad to see that there are peeps around here that work with good 'ol pencils. (: the first pic is nice overall. however, the shirt wrinkles could be a bit smoother. but it really is no biggie. i like the second pic better, the only thing i would change is his face. it is a bit 'blown' up. (:

waterlia - ooh anthro. she looks pretty. (: i am no good at anthro so i cannot offer a thoughtful comment. XD; the only thing i will have to pick on is her boobline, it's a bit too high. good job. :D
Cheez_n_ Maeve
QUOTE(PUKE @ Sep 10 2007, 11:12 PM) *
waterlia - ooh anthro. she looks pretty. (: i am no good at anthro so i cannot offer a thoughtful comment. XD; the only thing i will have to pick on is her boobline, it's a bit too high. good job. biggrin.gif

Hahaha. That's actually my picture. ^^;;
But thanks for the critique.

Well for Wateria and Tombow, your wish is my command!
wateria
QUOTE(Cheez_n_ Maeve @ Sep 11 2007, 01:00 PM) *
QUOTE(PUKE @ Sep 10 2007, 11:12 PM) *
waterlia - ooh anthro. she looks pretty. (: i am no good at anthro so i cannot offer a thoughtful comment. XD; the only thing i will have to pick on is her boobline, it's a bit too high. good job. biggrin.gif

Hahaha. That's actually my picture. ^^;;
But thanks for the critique.

Well for Wateria and Tombow, your wish is my command!

Looks nice. I like your coloring technique. And Puke, my username is Wateria not Waterlia happy.gif. Keep it up Cheez_n_Maeve. Look forward to seeing more of your artwork soon. So is this an original character? I'm just a little curious because I'm doing my own manga now using manga studio and I was wondering if that was what you were doing. I wish there was a way to post it, but I'd have to post over 50 pages on here and that's way to many. But I really don't see anything wrong with her boobline like they said, it all depends on the art style. Heck some make them look like they have mellons.
katieluvsfma
hi i don't know who drew the fox lady but i love it that looks so cool and ever better with color biggrin.gif just whanted to say that ^.^
seventh_sky
Will steal Wateria's art skills

she looks so pretty colored! <3
PUKE
@ cheez_n_maeve - hahahaha my bad! the in that case, the critique goes to you. lol. By the way, nice colors. (:

QUOTE(waterlia)
But I really don't see anything wrong with her boobline like they said, it all depends on the art style. Heck some make them look like they have mellons.

actually, if you were to look at the artwork of professional artists such as ARUNI and falcoon, you would see that it is anatomically incorrect to draw the boobline dangerously near the collar bone. it has nothing to do with art style. if you don't believe me, take a look at their females below:

Example one - ARUNI
Example two - FALCOON

Cheez_n_ Maeve
TO EVERYBODY: (just to clear a few things up for everyone)
1~ I drew the fox lady!! wink.gif (lol- the confusion... it amuses me muchly)
2~ I PURPOSELY put the boob line that high. That is compressed cleavage... she is a goddess who was once a pirate- thus the vest is tight (i got a little lazy on the detail so it's not clear) and her boobs are rather huge (magic). Normally i would not put it that high, however, PUKE, your critique did point out a problem with a different boob line that if done right would've made the boobline you mentioned look correct. However i botched it due to lack of sight. Also- professionals dont ALWAYS draw anatomically correct. They do make mistakes due to rush to deadline. Take a good look and dear Arakawa's stuff- there are little mistakes here and there but she's so awesome nobody really gives a damn. laugh.gif

@ Katieluvsfma~ Thank you very much! <3<3<3

@ Puke~ thanx about ze colors, btw. I try but I have yet to develop my coloring skills as well as Shilin (blackbird.ashen-ray.com -for anyone who's curious), thus i must work harder till they are that good. XP

@ wateria~ yes she is an original character, but she's not my original character. The foxgirl is a commission for a friend. He was going to pay me but i told him just to buy me several lunches since i would most likely forget mine at home. He has another already ready for me to do and wants even more than that. My first client, YAY!!
I suggest getting your own website for your comic. There are free places to put your comics but they're not very nice and often do nothing to attract readers. A beautiful, well organized web site is much more appealing. I'm currently working on learning how to make one at school so soon people can come to my site to view my art. I myself am developing a manga of my own but i'm just starting so i don't have much yet. (Also, my cowriter is currently away from any computer contact and is very busy so we haven't had much time to plot)
So, whatever you choose to do, i wish you luck and many fans. When you do put it up somewhere, let me know so that i can check it out!! biggrin.gif

I have now one more picture to post. She is actually MY original character that i created for a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. She's an Elven Aleax (she's not really an elf at all but simply looks like one- kinda like an android but no metal- and is basically vengence in physical form) spellthief (rather self explanitory- spellthiefs rule). Once she becomes more powerful she will be quite a horribly scary opponent. Scary is cool.

Click to view attachment
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/Nat...aelynenight.jpg

<Edited to switch Image posting to Attachment to stop stretching of the forum page. ^^ 09/11/07 Tombow>
Tombow
@Cheez_n_ Maeve - Wow, that Foxgirl came out great!!
I love your color choices, and the way you colored it!! With the illuminating vines and the way she is holding the white illuminating flower is so dreamy and pretty!!
The color scheme draws out the beauty of her gorgeous and lively green eyes!!
I think that dark green background is working very well, too!!
It came out as such a beautiful painting, and I like it very much!! ^^

And, Elven Aleax is a scary character?? So far she looks very quiet character, but beautiful.
Again, gorgeous eyes!! I like the way you colored her, too, with soft shadings.. very nice.
And, I love the dark sky background and the forest. Works very well for this, IMO.

Beautiful works!! Can't wait to see more!! ^^

@wateria - For manga/doujin, if it is based on FMA, such as your Fullmetal meets Inuyasha, then it can have own thread here. I would love to have that one posted here. ^^
Beside the thread for your FMA manga, you can have one thread to post all your fanart collection also, if you can include some FMA fanart on the thread. That would be nice, too. ^^
Chiyo
White Winry - effective white on black, effective as it may not be all that good but it look impressive.
PUKE
ooohhhh it's compressed cleavage! okay then i totally see what you meant to do. in that case, compressed cleavage usually means circle-like boob lines. take a look at the example below. XD i thought it'd be better if i showed an example rather than jumble you up with my bad vocabulary. XD

Click to view attachment
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5937/boobsyd7.png
not the best example i know, but hopefully you know what i mean. lol.

as for the pic with the girl wearing a hood, i don't have any real critique to give since there doesn't seem to be anything that really nags me. (: great job.
Tombow
@Chiyo - White on black background makes that Winry looks very mysterious and beautiful!! ^^
Cheez_n_ Maeve
QUOTE(PUKE @ Sep 12 2007, 06:54 AM) *
ooohhhh it's compressed cleavage! okay then i totally see what you meant to do. in that case, compressed cleavage usually means circle-like boob lines. take a look at the example below. XD i thought it'd be better if i showed an example rather than jumble you up with my bad vocabulary. XD

Click to view attachment
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5937/boobsyd7.png
not the best example i know, but hopefully you know what i mean. lol.

as for the pic with the girl wearing a hood, i don't have any real critique to give since there doesn't seem to be anything that really nags me. (: great job.

I would like to note that the girl in pic 1 has boobs that are triple- NO!- QUADruple the size of boobs of the girl in pic two.... ok maybe not that big of a difference but it was fun to say. But there is a significant difference. Also, i would like to note, that that is only slightly compressed cleavage for boobs of that size. It was not the kind of compressed cleavage i was going for (it also looks too close to hentai and i refuse to draw that stuff). wink.gif

Anywho, thanks for the compliment on the other one! biggrin.gif

Speaking of that girl, i did few design sketches of her.
PUKE
hahahahaha, okay whatever you say. ( :
Cheez_n_ Maeve
QUOTE(PUKE @ Sep 18 2007, 01:30 PM) *
hahahahaha, okay whatever you say. ( :

Basically, yes, i did botch it but i still wasn't going for the look that you thought i was. I wanted the shirt to be too tight. When things are too tight it squishes the breasteses in a different and sometimes quite unflattering way. It's an awkward look to be truthful.
Sadly, i still botched it. However I'm glad that its that and not something really bad with the face or eyes (which are more important than her boobs)
Tombow
@Cheez_n_ Maeve - I like the design sketches!! I would love to see those expanded to colored drawings!! ^^
PUKE
naw naw, it was just the boobs i pointed out. XD i'm sure there wasn't anything wrong with her face. honestly, i wouldn't know, i am not experienced at critiquing anthro. XD;
Cheez_n_ Maeve
QUOTE(PUKE @ Sep 20 2007, 06:44 AM) *
naw naw, it was just the boobs i pointed out. XD i'm sure there wasn't anything wrong with her face. honestly, i wouldn't know, i am not experienced at critiquing anthro. XD;

hahaha. I'd rather have boob problems then face problems..... *cough* artistically, that is.

@Tombow~ Well, those won't be colored. They are finished as they are. They weren't meant to be anything more than sketches. However, you'll still get to see a bunch of colored fantasyish art from me. I have two commissions that i'm working on at the moment, and more to come. One of my friends has become quite a reliable client. I'm very happy about that. XP
katieluvsfma
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmenthi all it's me again lol heres some more of my art well if u can call it that the frist one is a cute pic i did of ed and al and the other one id al duh lol but i like this one is looks soooo much better then the last one don't ya think? oh and im workin on one of edward i'll post it when it's done biggrin.gif
Tombow
@katieluvsfma - Nice drawings!!
They are both good, but I like that Ed with happy Alfonse very much!! ^^
I'm looking forward to your next drawing of Ed!! happy.gif
wateria
QUOTE(katieluvsfma @ Sep 22 2007, 03:05 PM) *
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmenthi all it's me again lol heres some more of my art well if u can call it that the frist one is a cute pic i did of ed and al and the other one id al duh lol but i like this one is looks soooo much better then the last one don't ya think? oh and im workin on one of edward i'll post it when it's done biggrin.gif

Not bad, you're pretty good at drawing Heidrick. I've only drawn him maybe twice at the most. Can't wait to see the next one.
katieluvsfma
yeah lol he's my favorite as if u couldn't tell biggrin.gif
Cheez_n_ Maeve
katieluvsfma~ Great job on Alfonse

I got bored in class and in an hour and a half, approximately, produce this amazing wonder (haha):

ME! AS AN IRKEN!! WAAAHAHAHAHA!
katieluvsfma
QUOTE(Cheez_n_ Maeve @ Sep 26 2007, 08:09 AM) *

I got bored in class and in an hour and a half, approximately, produce this amazing wonder (haha):

thanks but i spelled alphonse wronge on the one with ed in it DARN! but anywho ur drawing is so cute great job that only toke u a hour and a half,what did u do it with? happy.gif oh yeah andi also like ur sketches there awesome!
~Kurenai~
darn I finally drew something nice to show you all and I can't upload it properly.

wow, nice job Cheez_n_ Maeve
Cheez_n_ Maeve
QUOTE(katieluvsfma @ Sep 26 2007, 08:21 AM) *

thanks but i spelled alphonse wronge on the one with ed in it DARN! but anywho ur drawing is so cute great job that only toke u a hour and a half,what did u do it with? happy.gif oh yeah andi also like ur sketches there awesome!

Thanks! I drew and colored it with photoshop: the love of my life, and my pen tablet: other love of my life. I never have to worry about media or scanners again. *sobs with joy*

Kurenai~ Thank you very much! I hope you get your picture uploaded. Sucks when those things happen, ney?
katieluvsfma
QUOTE(Cheez_n_ Maeve @ Sep 26 2007, 06:43 PM) *
QUOTE(katieluvsfma @ Sep 26 2007, 08:21 AM) *

Thanks! I drew and colored it with photoshop: the love of my life, and my pen tablet: other love of my life. I never have to worry about media or scanners again. *sobs with joy*

Kurenai~ Thank you very much! I hope you get your picture uploaded. Sucks when those things happen, ney?

lucky! tongue.gif i don't have photoshop i still got to draw it all out and color it with whatever crapy art supples i can find in this little freckin TOWN! (theres nothin here i mite aswell be drawin with crayons!) *sighs* lol biggrin.gif
PUKE
cheez_n_maeve - how cute XDD I really like the shading. came out really nice :D

i assume most of you guys go to deviantart, so you must be aware of this "fighter pixel ID" trend going on. well me and my friend are working on this ID so i want it to be adequate on my part. the pic is not finished, but i want to know if there is anything i can improve on? lol

[image removed mwahahaha]
katieluvsfma
Click to view attachmentthis is my newest one it's not all that good but i wanted somethin with a little color (as u can see i suck with color!) but anyway it's still cute it the first one i'v done of alphonse elric and i had to put heiderich in there caues it's what i do lol but i like how it looks like heiderich is watching over al happy.gif
wateria
QUOTE(katieluvsfma @ Sep 28 2007, 10:54 AM) *
Click to view attachmentthis is my newest one it's not all that good but i wanted somethin with a little color (as u can see i suck with color!) but anyway it's still cute it the first one i'v done of alphonse elric and i had to put heiderich in there caues it's what i do lol but i like how it looks like heiderich is watching over al happy.gif

I'm not to good at color yet either. But you did pretty well I think with Alphonse. The rest does look kind of light. Neat drawing biggrin.gif
katieluvsfma
QUOTE(wateria @ Sep 28 2007, 11:28 AM) *
QUOTE(katieluvsfma @ Sep 28 2007, 10:54 AM) *

I'm not to good at color yet either. But you did pretty well I think with Alphonse. The rest does look kind of light. Neat drawing biggrin.gif

thanks biggrin.gif yeah im pretty good with a pencil but i suck with a coloring pencil isn't that werid! but anyway oh i kinda made it a little liighter on heiderich ya know to make is look kinda ghostly but i don't think it worked all that well dry.gif lol
seventh_sky
People on here like Trinity Blood right?

Right?

I was bored and decided to draw Abel. It turned out fairly well, actually.
~Kurenai~
seventh
Right when I clicked the link, I went "ooooh"..

I've never watched Trinity Blood but that picture looks really cool!
Toby-Chan

Both of those are copied. The first from Hime1999's fanart(I'm fairly certain it was Hime, but I know for sure that it's somebody else's art), the second directly from the movie. (FYI, Alfons Heiderich is not Al.)

Not impressive.
wateria
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 29 2007, 01:01 AM) *

Both of those are copied. The first from Hime1999's fanart(I'm fairly certain it was Hime, but I know for sure that it's somebody else's art), the second directly from the movie. (FYI, Alfons Heiderich is not Al.)

Not impressive.

I don't think that this was all that considerate. Some artists copy artwork, right at first, just to learn the characters or just to learn the techiniques. Katieluvsfma's stuff is still in the learning stages from what I can tell, you shouldn't pick it apart just because its copyart. Most artist copyart stuff at one point, heck there are alot of doujinshi artist that do it. There are alot of people that learn from doing it, especially if they haven't had art lessons. Even one of my how to draw manga books stated that it was okay to copy artwork if you were using it to learn from, as long as you give credit to the original artist. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.