Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 46 Human Transmutation
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
This is the designated talk-back thread for episode 46. This thread will open officially on Friday. Please DO NOT POST untill then. And All spoilers MUST be put in spoiler tags!!

YOU SEE THE RULE! DO NOT! POST UNTIL ITS (THIS-)FRIDAY! lol ...oh when its friday, you all can start the countdown!(if you all want to start the countdown) lol happy.gif....oh i just realized that thread is spelled wrong in the title...opps! SORRY ABOUT THAT!
Tombow
@FullMetalAlchemist01FAN - Thank you for hosting the episode 46 thread!! happy.gif

Just as a reminder:
The following are designated talk-back thread hosts for the remaining FMA episodes (from "talk-back thread host list" thread):
Ep 46: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 47: Nepharski
Ep 48: vfdj42
Ep 49: theothersin
Ep 50: Jen_Elric
Please honor these hosts, and refrain from opening talk-back threads for these episodes. smile.gif

* Please wait for FullMetalAlchemist01FAN to officially open this thread on Friday for general posting. Thank you!!
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY OPEN! you can now start the countdown, lol (if you all want to)...and make comments or w/e happy.gif
kenderoth
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Feb 10 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]348468[/snapback]

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY OPEN! you can now start the countdown, lol (if you all want to)...and make comments or w/e happy.gif

This was a good episode for those who havn't seen it you'll probally like it.
Full Metal Elf
YAY! It's open....so..all I want to say is this is a GOOD episode......and I can't wait to see the dub.

Actually, all the rest of the episodes are good....so, I'm excited to see all of them dubbed.

But yes, about this one...ahhh..I can't wait!
Melydragon
Oh, my God! Iīm so excited!! I canīt wait any longer!!

Come on! Only 28 hours and 31 minutes of more waiting!!
Nepharski
This episode should prove to be interesting. I eagerly await it air time.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
ohh yay! *claps hands* i can't wait to see this episode! i hate fridays because of the suspence but love them because i'm out of school laugh.gif ; so...hurry up and get here saturday! but then again i would'nt want to rush it because *sniff* then it'll be over *sniff* ;__; sad.gif
Dreakon
Ugh, gotta get through Saturday morning work, then I'm clear for my FMA night! biggrin.gif
Jen_Elric
I can't wait!! Saturday night couldn't come quicker!! I gotta keep myself busy so the time will go by quicker!!!
Tombow
Yay!! Countdown!!
I agree with everyone! I bet this is going to be another "wow" episode!! biggrin.gif
Molecular Alchemist
Huzzah! I can't wait! Only..uhh...19hrs and 49 minutes remaining until I get to watch the dub! YAY! I'm really glad that they decided to leave Rewrite alone (after they screwed around with it a few weeks ago). Of course, now that I said that the opening's going to be messed up... Too bad they can't leave the ending in-tact, but I guess we can't have it all, can we....or can we? We shall see in 19 hours and 47 minutes laugh.gif
The Fuzzy Alchemist
13 hours 57 Minutes And 35 Seconds Left
FullMetalFan#1
Cant wait any longer just 11 hours and 5 minutes!!!!
Dreakon
6 hours and 35 minutes!

Yay, work is over and now its nothin' but relaxin' and waitin' for FMA!!! biggrin.gif
Molecular Alchemist
My turn again to update the countdown (yay)!!!! Only 5hrs 15minutes until FMA!!! HUZZAH!!!!! *back to my presentation* happy.gif
DJ_Zephyr
Current time- 7:14 est.

Show time- 12:00 est.

Patience left- NONE!!! I only wish I could speed up time for 4 hours and 46 min!
Shi-chan
Oh I can't wait to see this Episode. Although I know almost nothing about it. (I've decieded to watch the Dubs first and then move on the the Japanese w/subtitles.) But still!

Time-left until Episode 46 (And my beloved Alphonse!) : 4 hours 11 minutes
Sikiu-San
Yay! its finally time to see envy freak out laugh.gif This was a good episode. Basicly after this episode everything from here on out is going get more intense, more "O_O holy tomatoes that happened!!", and you will be tearing your hair out while your waiting for the next week to come so you can see what happens xD

Time... 8:17
Hours left till fma shows.. 4 hours and 9ish minutes
Wacthing a great episode that still leaves you wanted more... Priceless

Some things in life are priceless, for everything else theres fma fan service.
Alchemic Boom
Only three hours and fifteen minutes left!

I love this episode for a few certain moments, especially when Envy has his little tantrum-like frenzy. That and a crazy scream from everyone's favorite (puts a penny in the "Lie Jar") colonel.
DJ_Zephyr
Hmm, I've only seen the previews from last week's episode. Looks like we get to see a little action tonight.

I think the only problem with this series is the waiting between episodes. It's just TORTURE!!!

Time left- 2 hours, 29 minutes.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
1 hour and 27 minutes left!.... come on!! .....COME ON!!!...need...to...watch...EPISODE!!!
The Fuzzy Alchemist
that episode was a bit of a let down in my opinion
Dreakon
Whys that? I rather enjoyed it. smile.gif
Molecular Alchemist
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode...although...it reminded me why i only watched the last couple episodes once.....Tucker. ARGH!!! I just.....I want to KILL him! What a disgrace to scientist/alchemists everywhere! Freaking jerk....tricks Al like that! Ohhhh...he makes me soo mad...I just...I want to beat him with a stick or throw rocks at him or something!!!! mad.gif ROAR!

Aside from that...uhh...yeah...it's good to see that the humunculi have alot of dimensions to their characters, and that the storyline just keeps complicating itself...at least that makes me happy. Well, that and the fact that Fury has Athlete's foot that spread to his brain.... rolleyes.gif
Alchemic Boom
Eh, I'm slightly fuming just because of the fact that they cut Archer's three seconds down to a tenth of a second. Did that have to be cut out? Useless.

Still, loved Envy's tantrum and Fuery's athlete's foot. Effects the brain, yep.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 12 2006, 03:23 AM) [snapback]349050[/snapback]

Eh, I'm slightly fuming just because of the fact that they cut Archer's three seconds down to a tenth of a second. Did that have to be cut out? Useless.

I thought there should have been a close-up and a scream inserted somewhere in this episode! Erm...I guess they didn't want to scare any remaining kiddies that were watching.....maybe. Or they needed the time to have the whole themesong...it really seems like they're skimming here and there to make these last epis fit into the half-hr time slot. I wonder if it would be too much for them to just let our "FMA cup-runneth-over" and indulge us for the last few eps and give us the complete, unedited kit-and-kaboodle (language, violence...like in the fansubs)....but i think that's asking too much from them rolleyes.gif I should watch what i say....AS people might be reading and take their vengence out on us next week....and it will all be my fault
Tombow
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 12 2006, 03:59 AM) [snapback]349047[/snapback]

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode...although...it reminded me why i only watched the last couple episodes once.....Tucker. ARGH!!! I just.....I want to KILL him! What a disgrace to scientist/alchemists everywhere! Freaking jerk....tricks Al like that! Ohhhh...he makes me soo mad...I just...I want to beat him with a stick or throw rocks at him or something!!!! mad.gif ROAR!

Aside from that...uhh...yeah...it's good to see that the humunculi have alot of dimensions to their characters, and that the storyline just keeps complicating itself...at least that makes me happy. Well, that and the fact that Fury has Athlete's foot that spread to his brain.... rolleyes.gif

I agree. I enjoyed this episode also, except, getting mad at Tucker (and Al for being so naive,) and them editing the Archer scene. rolleyes.gif
But, Lust turning to Ed's side was nice.
Alnd, Mustang saving his subordinates from being shipped to North was good, too.
Also, I liked the scene where Ed was saying good-by to Izumi, probably both knowing what Ed's going to do next.
DJ_Zephyr
Yeah, that part with Fury made me laugh. Didn't know Athlete's Foot could get that bad! Seeing Lust fighting Wraith was unexpected, at least for me (my first time watching the series through, and I missed most of season 1), but it was nice to see the little brat get slapped up by her and Ed. Envy's tantrum was cool, too.

Can't say anything concerning what got edited out. I've never seen the fansub versions. The biggest problem for me? The countdown to the NEXT episode... mad.gif
Full Metal Elf
Great episode...Great dubbing!! I was once again impressed with it! happy.gif

Yes, a lot happens in this episode. Though one thing they forgot to mention!!! MUSTANG WAS PROMOTED TO BRIGADIER GENERAL!!!....Ok...lol. At the scene where Fuhrer is talking to Armstrong and Mustang as they prepare to leave to the North, I did hear him call Armstrong Lt. Colonel, but not address Mustang as Brigadier General, which he should have to indicate he'd been promoted.

Anyway, the Lust/Wrath moment...I thought was awesome....hehehe

......and........Tucker......must........DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok...I hate him, always have, and always will.....POOR AL! T_T

And...hahaha....the hospital moment was funny happy.gif.
Chopper Enthusiast
Some of you forget that Tucker has lost a child. He may have been the reason for that, but it Nina was lost nonetheless. I don't blame him at all for being a little tricky in order to bring his daughter back.

Liked finally seeing Mecha-Archer. Lets hope he lasts more than three episodes.

Pride is the best homunculus! You all heard Dante! She said it!

And Lust is a good guy now.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Feb 12 2006, 09:42 AM) [snapback]349138[/snapback]

Some of you forget that Tucker has lost a child. He may have been the reason for that, but it Nina was lost nonetheless. I don't blame him at all for being a little tricky in order to bring his daughter back.

I didn't forget...and I still hate him for what he did to Al. The fact that he basically destroyed his own daughter in the name of science and then uses people (knowing full well what will happen to them once he uses the philosopher's stone) shows that he is just a heartless, evil, manical crackpot that needs to have the crap kicked out of him...and a nice roundhouse kick to the face...preferably by Ed or yours truly. I mean, you heard him when he said that he wanted his payment now, rather than later...knowing that the stone would erode once he used it....and he didn't care that Al would erode with it! ARGH! and the fact that he didnt have the will to bind a soul to Nina meant that not only was he not as good of an alchemist as he let on, but also that (IMO) he was only doing it again to see if he COULD do it..(as Sloth said "you need a strong will to attach a soul").
Nepharski
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Feb 12 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]349138[/snapback]
Pride is the best homunculus! You all heard Dante! She said it!

Bwhahahaha!

Pretty good episode. Tucker's role added something this episode would have otherwise lacked, making it grade A. Wish we could have seen mad-as-a-hatter Archer, though.

Also, did anyone else notice the historical mistake? They said B.C. (Before Christ), but Christ wasn't born in the Haragen world, was he?

Oh, and for those who hate Tucker...
[spoiler]His inability to bring Nina back shatters his reality. He spends the rest of his life trapped underground, scribbling away furiously at dubious alchemic circles, unable to comprehend the world around him. It's like a lobotomy without the surgery.[/spoiler]
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 12 2006, 01:07 PM) [snapback]349179[/snapback]

Also, did anyone else notice the historical mistake? They said B.C. (Before Christ), but Christ wasn't born in the Haragen world, was he?

Well. Izumi did say that it was based on an ancient religion that no one practiced anymore...and remember a few episodes back, Dante took Rose to the building that leads to the place where she and the humunculi were hiding out...which looked remarkably alot like the reminants of an old Cathloc-type church. So it DOES make you wonder.... ph34r.gif

[spoiler]His inability to bring Nina back shatters his reality. He spends the rest of his life trapped underground, scribbling away furiously at dubious alchemic circles, unable to comprehend the world around him. It's like a lobotomy without the surgery.[/spoiler]

Yeah...but I still want to beat him with a stick laugh.gif
EDIT: Actually...a stick may not hurt him enough, concidering that he's a chimera now...hmm...must improvise my plan here
Dreakon
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 12 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]349189[/snapback]

Well. Izumi did say that it was based on an ancient religion that no one practiced anymore...and remember a few episodes back, Dante took Rose to the building that leads to the place where she and the humunculi were hiding out...which looked remarkably alot like the reminants of an old Cathloc-type church. So it DOES make you wonder.... ph34r.gif

I was talking to a friend about this after the episode, what about Psiren in Episode 10? Wasn't she a nun of a church in one of her many different jobs? wink.gif

I loved the episode! Being a dub fan, and a fan of ONLY the dub, even I was impressed with the dubbing this time. Sure in some episodes there are times where the dub sounds corny and/or out of place but I thought this episode was exceptional... for some reason. As for the content of the episode, as usual, questions were answered and even more questions are being asked. Just the reason I love FMA! smile.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Dreakon @ Feb 12 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]349196[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 12 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]349189[/snapback]

I was talking to a friend about this after the episode, what about Psiren in Episode 10? Wasn't she a nun of a church in one of her many different jobs? wink.gif

Ah, that's a good point, Dreakon...I completely forgot about that. Although there could be other religions that have nuns (esp since we are talking about the Haragen world), generally Christian-based ones have crosses, and (now that I think about it) when they knocked down her church, there was a cross amungst the pile of debris, wasn't there? Oh, and in the last episode, Dante and Hoho were talking about how they used the souls of those from the witch-hunts to make the original phil-stone; a witch-hunt would imply some sort of organized religion that people went against...uhh...yeah, so i think that a B.C. dating system may be kinda legit in this case...umm...maybe.........*scratches head*
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
i love it! awesome episode! cant wait for the next episode....whats wrong with Al!? NINAS BACK!! but with no soul...d*mn it! *sigh*...envy was PISSED! he really wants to kill hohenhiem, lol. Why does envy want to kill him so much? i mean i know that envy is pissed that hohenhiem created him or w/e but still why would he get pissed about that? If the answer was in the episode, i basically missed it, lol. So anyways, yeah, i cant wait for the next episode! happy.gif lol
Melydragon
Oh, for Kammi-sama!!! I was so scared for Al. I donīt know why but I thought that he was going to die. When Tucker used him to revive Nina, Edīs words came to my mind. The part when he said that what couldīve happen to Al if they use the Philosopherīs Stone. And now Al is starting to erode all thanks to Tucker!! I actually felt sorry for him the last episode but now I hate him with all my soul again. How could he do that to Al? And he knew what was going to happen to Al! He is just so.... insane! And his alchemy didnīt even work!

And I felt so sorry for Lust. She is right. They wonīt have any more anemies if Ed turns them into humans. And when she asked Ed why he and Al wanted to be human again... well, Lust wants the same thing. It is just my opinion but if Ed CAN turn her into human then he should. And she really wants to be human. You can tell. She is practicly immortal now, and she wants to give all that up. That has to say something, right?

The part of the hospital as funny but I didnīt laugh. I couldnīt because of the circumstances.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Melydragon @ Feb 12 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]349217[/snapback]

And now Al is starting to erode all thanks to Tucker!! I actually felt sorry for him the last episode but now I hate him with all my soul again. How could he do that to Al? And he knew what was going to happen to Al! He is just so.... insane! And his alchemy didnīt even work!

Huzzah! someome who shares my sentiments! Umm...I'm going to start a mob to beat up Tucker....I have dibs on the lead pipe, but you're free to have a stick laugh.gif
Mikage_Elric
I think about what Izumi said. Frankly, That can't be right. I mean If the letter was from 400 years ago, Should it be somewhere in the 1400's?
Nepharski
Actually, I had a theory as to why all the similarities, but last time I posted big theory, everyone was like, "Nah, couldn't be."

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 12 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]349189[/snapback]

EDIT: Actually...a stick may not hurt him enough, concidering that he's a chimera now...hmm...must improvise my plan here

Maybe you should just read the manga.
[spoiler]Tucker gets a face full of bolt 2![/spoiler]
Melydragon
Yessss, letīs start a angry mob against Tucker together, Mulecular Alchemist!!

I want the stick!!

Alchemic Boom
I find it ironic how Adult Swim has to edit out some things. Isn't Adult Swim for adults? ...Even though everyone knows a ton of children also watch it. I say they cut down the commercial time and show everything. Though I know the commercials kinda have to be there... it'd be nice to see the original episode.

-Grabs a twig- Join the Shou/Shao Tucker Protectors Today. We have cookies.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 12 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]349223[/snapback]

Actually, I had a theory as to why all the similarities, but last time I posted big theory, everyone was like, "Nah, couldn't be."

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 12 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]349189[/snapback]

Maybe you should just read the manga.
[spoiler]Tucker gets a face full of bolt 2![/spoiler]

OOOhhhh...I like that spoiler...mwahahahahaha <my evil laugh>
QUOTE(Melydragon @ Feb 12 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]349225[/snapback]

Yessss, letīs start a angry mob against Tucker together, Mulecular Alchemist!!

I want the stick!!

And a stick you shall have, Mely! TO WAR! KILL THE BEAST!!!!

QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Feb 12 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]349233[/snapback]

I find it ironic how Adult Swim has to edit out some things. Isn't Adult Swim for adults? ...Even though everyone knows a ton of children also watch it. I say they cut down the commercial time and show everything. Though I know the commercials kinda have to be there... it'd be nice to see the original episode.

-Grabs a twig- Join the Shou/Shao Tucker Protectors Today. We have cookies.

I agree with the AS comment..we're all adults here....give us our entertainment unedited...that's all i ask for....oh, and...

NO! DON'T JOIN THEM! join the Anti-Shao Movement... if you join now, I'll give you your own choice of weapon!
Nepharski
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 12 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]349238[/snapback]

Spoilers
"Are you Shou Tucker?"
"Alchemists who have turned from the path of God..."
Bolt 2!
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 12 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]349241[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Feb 12 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]349238[/snapback]

Spoilers
"Are you Shou Tucker?"
"Alchemists who have turned from the path of God..."
Bolt 2!

[spoiler]OMG!!! *clentches fists* Mwahahaha That makes me soo happy! [/spoiler]

*hugs Nepharski*
DJ_Zephyr
Sweet! I seriously gotta start reading the manga!
Full Metal Elf
Ahhh...yes.....Tucker dying in the manga by Scar...priceless..happy.gif....now, if only Scar was still alive........................................wink.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 12 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]349368[/snapback]

Ahhh...yes.....Tucker dying in the manga by Scar...priceless..happy.gif....now, if only Scar was still alive........................................wink.gif

True..so very true...*hangs head* sad.gif I bet he'd join the Anti-Shao Movement hahaha laugh.gif
Full Metal Elf
Hahaha....I'll join it!..Let's start it now...and Scar can be our President...happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.