Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Opinions And Emotions After Watching The Cos Movie?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
FullMetal Shrimp
Also state your reasons here.

I felt happy and sad, mostly because it had to end and also I felt like there was just something missing. I also hope they make another movie or more to the series but it's not likely to happen, and that is a whole new topic itself.
Automne
Those who have seen the movie, rate it!

Here, you can rate the movie and give your opinion on it.
AA battery
I felt glad the way it ended, even if it wasn't perfect.

*cough* I thought the ending was great for my own reason. */cough* Even though the plotline was so-so.
Colette
Sadness [spoiler]Because Izumi died[/spoiler]

Disappointment, because I was hoping for something amazing.

Anger [spoiler] Hoho died[/spoiler]

Satisfaction [spoiler] Al was cute[/spoiler]

Confused. Too many plot holes

And a series of other emotions. I didn't like the movie all that much, no offense to fans of it =/

Winkle
I don't think it takes a genius to figure out how I felt after seeing the movie.
Taskinst
MY EMOTIONS WERE mad.gif AND dry.gif I WAS EXPECTING SOOOOO MUCH MORE THE WAY IT ENDED
Popogeejo
I never had high expectaions but I was plesently supprised.Some people were upset with soome things:

[spoiler]Gluttonys bizzare mutaion.

This can be explained.Remember that Dante did try and preform a transmutaion on him before she was eaten.[/spoiler]

The ending felt like a cheat though.I hope they do a sequal so I get a happy ending..maybe someone important getting killed aswell.That makes good emotional stuff.
Hana no Kuroi
Oy...The movie was unexpected...To be clear, it was good, but it also confused me...(For one thing, there weren't any subs) I liked it, but if I truly understood it, I'd get it...XP

But I was jumping around and squealing, bent on telling everyone how happy and how awesome that movie was...Even though I didn't ge it....
Jedi28
QUOTE(Hana no Kuroi @ Feb 22 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]353262[/snapback]

Oy...The movie was unexpected...To be clear, it was good, but it also confused me...(For one thing, there weren't any subs) I liked it, but if I truly understood it, I'd get it...XP

But I was jumping around and squealing, bent on telling everyone how happy and how awesome that movie was...Even though I didn't ge it....

Don't worry, those of us who've seen the subbed version didn't get it either. biggrin.gif
Mikage_Elric
I was really sad when Heiderich got killed. i was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! He was the hot one!!!!"

<Took our extra "O"s that's stretching the forum page. ^^ 07/29/07 ~Tombow>
Winkle
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 22 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]353346[/snapback]

QUOTE(Hana no Kuroi @ Feb 22 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]353262[/snapback]

Don't worry, those of us who've seen the subbed version didn't get it either. biggrin.gif

LOL. That isn't such a bad idea, I probably should've watched it without subs, might've made more sense that way.
Jedi28
Yeah, because then you could have made up your own lines that would have worked a lot better. biggrin.gif
Hana no Kuroi
XD That'd be interesting...But yeah, anyone know where a subbed version could be found?
Jedi28
Nope, only the limited release version (or special version or whatever the heck it was called) that they just released in Japan and that's pretty expensive.
The Great Asparagus
i cried from both happiness and sadness. well i was happy because ed finally got to reunite with his dear beloved brother and i felt sooo happy for them, especially after when i thought that they were gonna be seperated again. and then i felt sooooo sad because now they'll never see winry or mustang or other ppl like that again and i also mourned for alphonse heiderichblah. and i felt kinda empty inside cuz ed and al just had to be stuck on THAT side of the gate, cuz the whole anime is about them and their awesome alchemyness, but now they can't do anything. it's such a waste for both ed and al. they've become such amazing alchemists!! wahhhh T__T
MasterKris
I just cried out in emotion. I didn't really feel sadness and how the ending wasn't as good. I just cried cause it was heart-breaking. But then as days passed, I began to think, "Wow... why DID I cry out like that? BONES SUCK! The ending sucks! Geez! The movie sucked like crap!" and got very angry and threw a bottle of Gin at the computer screen. More days passed and I began to think, "Well, there wasn't really any way for that movie to end in a way so that it wasn't a happy happy ending, but I do feel sorry for Winry." More and motto days passed. "The movie's okay, just something that you only watch so you can see what happens at the end."

This movie is messin' with my emotions.... ph34r.gif
It was heart-breaking at the scene of Al and Ed's reunion. One thing I'm surprised is that I like Al more in this movie than Ed. I like little boys and brats, I guessed Ed was too old now for me....

Francesca
I was happy because Ed and Al were together again ^^ but I didn't like the movie itself very much...Too many things told in too little time- it resulted in a lot of plot holes and things left unexplained.
And I didn't like Al cutting his hairs at the end- he was so much cooler with long hairs! XD
Mr.Falman
First of all I was sad. The movie was not as good as I had expected, it was confusing as heck, and the ending sucked. Then I was hopeful that they will make a sequel and please us with a happy ending. Then again, after watching what they did to the end of the series and the movie, I am not so sure they can make much better. sad.gif
SuperElricBros
Oh hellz no...

After watching the 50th ep last night on Adult Swim, I watched the fansubbed ep 51, and bawled my eyes out. How could they separate them like that?!

Then I watched the subbed movie, and bawled my eyes out. Just great. The Elrics, though reunited, are stuck in Germany just before WWII. They're as good as dead.

So my emotions? I feel empty, cheated, and dang depressed. I haven't stopped crying. They killed this series by doing what they did to end it.

The only thing that would make me feel better is if they made a sequel where they dropped the uranium bomb, there is a flash of light, nothing but white, and Ed wakes up at the point where he was resurected in ep 51. He looks up and sees Al's empty armor. It falls over, and out crawls Al in his human, 15 year old body.

What happened? When Dante sent Ed through the gate, she made the events of the end of ep 51 and CoS up and implanted them in Ed's memory so that he'd lose his mind while being in the gate. The alternate world, the separation from Al, the war with Hitler--all fake. Ed and Al fight the remaining sins and Dante, win, and emerge victorious.

They did it--Ed got his body parts back, and Al gets his body back. They hug greatfully and return to Rezembol to live the rest of their lives, happily together, helping people with their alchemy (which Al can do by clapping just like his brother now). After all the tragedies these two endured, they get the happy ending they deserved through equivalent exchange.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bawl my eyes out again because I know that all won't happen, and the Elrics are doomed to die in our world. *sob*
Jedi28
What I didn't get was supposedly they're going after this uranium bomb thing that was originally from Ametris right? Is that supposed to be the atomic bomb used in WWII? Ed saw it being used in episode 50 as part of his vision from the gate so he should have known that it meant even if he tried to go get it he'd fail because he was seeing it as part of the future. So he should have said to heck with it and gone home. I actually would have overlooked the MANY ENORMOUS plotholes if they had just ended the movie by having the boys go home.
FullMetal Shrimp
Hmmm... Actually, the thing I really think it was, is the song "Link" in the openning of the movie. It gets me every time... It just gets me so sad with the great music and all the past clips of the episodes... I think that made me think the series was twice as better than it really was, especially the movie too. And I think that's what really made me sad that there will most likely be no more Full Metal Alchemist. But that's just me... happy.gif
VnzlaKnight
I like The movie but the ending is bad, but of you think they maybe return to the other world when they finish their mision in the real world mayeb they make another movie when the elrics brothers help the allies in the 2nd war, but i dont like the end why winly stay alone in the wolrd of the alchimist wana gay final i hate it mad.gif
Chiyo-chan
i felt like i was unsettled, cuz it ended too sadly and too fastlyTToTT *sigh* will there ever be a real happy ending for FMA? *sigh* guess not... i just wished that they(ed and al) didn't have to [spoiler] get seperated from winry in d end[/spoiler]
_Jelly
Ok...*reads title of thread*
Well, personally, I hated this. Al's 13, Ed's whatever, Winry's alone, they dont get their mom, Sensei's dead, Wraths dead and Roy might as well be dead due to his EMOness and depression

Ranting is fun.

If I were Arakawa (creator of FMA) I would shoot someone...supposably BONES and co.. Really, they kinda drifted away, far, far away from the series and the main story. and as SuperElricBros said..they're as good as dead. They are reunited, that's one good thing. But Winrys now alone, whilst her best/childhood friends are dancing around in Germany. Roy has this giant eyepatch bigger than his brain...yes his brain. So emo to even think about. Well, he comes back and uses his alchemy...even after saying he's never used it after "that day"...I wonder..what day WAS that?! anyway, balloon scene comes. Riza's there (YAY!!) but ..what? This is the moment the Royai fans have been waiting for! At least Winry glomps Ed..I mean...that was sweet, cute, and pretty much made sense. But..did he HAVE to fly away in a balloon after Riza telling him they've been waiting so LONG!! (now im pissed, duck for cover everyone, please) Anyway, Roy helps Ed...Ed leaves...Al cries...so Roy lets Al chase Ed back yada yada. End.
One more thing...Why is there no special ending scene for the military...adn Roy? and his uber eyepatch?!
Btw...Roy closes the gate yes? So...he's seen it? It doesnt show the scene but Al says "The Colonel is closing the gate from the other side, whilst we close this one from here." ....hmm....
if BONES didnt create the manga, and were simply normal average people, they'd be yaoi fans, Im show
Keoni
Well, I was like Jeeeej Movie! biggrin.gif
And as watched I went from: Jeeej He's back! to WTF??!! to Noooooo!!!. Thats my feelings in a nutshell. (Am I making sense here?)
I don't like EmoRoy sad.gif

QUOTE(Jelly_Belly @ Apr 17 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]382779[/snapback]

Roy has this giant eyepatch bigger than his brain...yes his brain. So emo to even think about. Well, he comes back and uses his alchemy...even after saying he's never used it after "that day"...I wonder..what day WAS that?!

LOL I hate the eyepatch
I think THAT day refers to him fighting Bradley.
Reika
I felt more disappointed than expected, decieved in many ways, as if they thought we were stupid and I thought it was the worst thing they had done untill I saw the "live "action"" OVA.
Bahamut Zero
i definitely didn't like the OAV at all. it was much like the first episodes of the series with mostly unrelated adventures during Ed and Al's journey in search of the stone. a partially sad ending put after an inconcludent and predictable battle against some crazy-nazi woman....

they could have made a perfect movie to continue from the anime ending, with, i think, a more in depth look at Honeim/Dante affair, for example, but tansferring the whole thing to the 2WW real world has mocked both the spirit of unexpressed sadness of FMa and the mysteries related to Hitler and Hess's reaserches about god, alchemy and magic...

The End of Evangelion... that was an OAV.
_Jelly
Aaah! Evas so sad ... and Shinjis screaming voice haunted me for endless nights.

Yeah, it went to Germany and WW2...which really had nothing to do with the Series...at all...thats why its so weird, ya know?

Reika
What happens in the live action OVA?
I am the Only sister Elric
i was happy but sad because Hidrich died. I cried hrad and long.. But I cant talk about the movie in front of my family, because we have it on the computer and they are just gits and dont want to unless so and so are home ( wich they never are!) MAKEs ME MAD!
Reika
What happens in the live action OVA?

[spoiler] Appears a nonmoving Al supposedly real in the middle of a park, saying he's in the real world, then he appears in a strees still not moving saying he wants to be with his brother and then he appears at Bones doors, he says that's the truth's door and that he may find his brother there, he repeats that that's the truth's knowledge door many times and then we see his nonmoving form on the door frame and says "I hit my head on the doorframe". Finish. [/spoiler]

And yes, it's worse than what it seems. And it's supposed to be a "live" and "action" OVA.
I am the Only sister Elric
OVA? Did i miss something? blink.gif Where is this "live action ova" ?!?!??!? I wana see it... blink.gif unsure.gif
Reika
you can find it on youtube. There are 4, ant the 4th is the worst thing ever, it's even supposed to have a plot.
Tombow
QUOTE(Reika @ Apr 20 2006, 03:12 AM) [snapback]383729[/snapback]
And yes, it's worse than what it seems. And it's supposed to be a "live" and "action" OVA.
Gahaha!! Reika!! laugh.gif
(At the begining of the movie, it says, "Live action!!" then it turns to different letter that's saying... "is it??" XDDD ...it's a clever pan in Japanese language, and it's also sort of foretelling viewers that this is a gag movie... biggrin.gif )

Live action OVA is a joke, a gag. Really.
Don't take me wrong, I ENJOYED it. I laughed all through!!
Luckily, I read the comment by the director, and knew it was "playful" piece beforehand, and not to be taken seriously, so I didn't have high expectations to begin with for this piece.
And, as a gag, it's really funny.
Granted, it's hard to believe that its's from the same people that made FMA movie!! laugh.gif
It looks more like some amatures made it with couple of hundred dollor budget. XDDD
But, it's funny. It has all the serious FMA music and narration, but visually it's a gag, and I enjoyed the silliness of it very much!! laugh.gif

But, we are digressing...
For all the new FMA OVA info and discussions on all of four OVA pieces, please join this
New FMA OVA thread. smile.gif

Now, please resume FMA "Shambara" movie discussions... biggrin.gif
Reika
@Tombow: hahah thanks for the explanation XD (anyways I don't find it funny lol)
Keoni
@ Reika: OMG that sounds really really really bad!

Back on topic: I'm rewachting Shambala now, and for some odd reason, it doesn't seem as bad the second time. Can't really put my finger on it, perhaps it's growing on me.
* only just noticed Ed's grown LOL about time he gained some height! laugh.gif
Toby-Chan
Ahem;

"Waaaaaaaah! Lyke, ever'one diiiiieeeed!"

^ That was more or less it.
The Great Asparagus
you know, just on a sorta random note about the movie, the things that greatly saddened me was how ed and al are now stuck in this random world (well actually, it's not really random) and can't even use alchemy. it's like, what happened to fullmetal alchemist? alchemy, the whole understanding, deconstructing, and reconstructing process on which both ed and al worked so hard to master and become such an important part of their life is now useless to them. and ed worked so hard to become a state alchemist and he did so many things with alchemy and now it's all gooooneee!!! NOOOOO!!! it's like, such a waste of their existence. they were meant for so much more!!

and i actually do feel rather sad that all the evil homonculi and hohenheim and dante and gone too. it makes things a little too peaceful and boring. well, peace is good, but it's so eventless.

therefore!!! the movie is sad!!
InsaneFangirl
Too many people died, Ed changed SOOO much, the whole thing was rushed....but in the end, everything was alright.
Kel
I liked the movie, but was unhappy with the way it ended. I dun know...I also didnt like how there was a lack of romance. I suppose I'm just too used to things like fruits basket and love hina lol.

oh. and people want a fansubbed version? I like this one but beware, near the end (when Ed's plane crashes <--if you've seen the movie you'll know what I mean) the subtitles start repeating the previous scene, but it corrects itself later on. so it's not that big a problem. there are some typos, but it's better than the official subbing lol.
MeLRizA
happy for the brothers as they end up together after being seperated (such a sweet brotherhood-ly bond... sobs...)
sad as there is no "clear/defined" ending for Roy and Riza... the movie is moving as fast as shinkansen yet it covered all important points of the story, yet a little too short. if other characters' ending were included (im referirng to Roy and Riza here), i think it would be muchXXX better laugh.gif
yoko0217
I was sad when Izumi died... sad.gif
paca
The problem showed in the begining of the anime ..... is.....resoluted when the movie ends . Al got his body back, AL and Ed are together. For the anime we can't expect any more than that. The anime is focus in Ed and Ed since the begining to the end has got an only one thing in mind : recover Al's body, he never said he want to return "home" (well, he burnt it). He said he would do even the impossible to get his brother's body, not matter the cost. The movie isn't focus in the characters and at the same time it is. The character ( in the anime, of course) are only two: Ed and Al. All that happens in the movie brings them to their metting, and all what happens, blablabla..........The other characters are only, secondary, minor..... The end, is happy: our "characters" get what they want, they catch their dream..... and they are also together to face the future. Of course, Ed wants to be in his world -hagaren- ( haven't you read the letters he and al write to the others; pinako, winry, roy) ..... but it seems he would never try to return, maybe because he thinks he would bring to much problems.........

Despite telling you all that, I don't like the movie to much. But it's like the anime. The movie suits the anime, they "go together........

rolleyes.gif That's my opinion.
Sashima
I'm just glad that they didn't go for the ending: "OMG! EVERYONE DIES! THE END!" laugh.gif

It was a bittersweet ending to me.
The Regal Tigress
*spoilers*

Thoughts from a filmmaker... (my degree has to come in useful somewhere...right?)

Random FMA Movie Thoughts: *spoilers*

So in addition to all the work I've been doing the last few days, I've spent some time tracking down rumors of a second FMA movie (thanks guys!)... of which there seems to be none planned. "Officially" the director of both the anime and movie has said he will not direct anymore FMA anime, so... that doesn't necessarily mean the concept is out, only that if anything ever pops up, it would likely be directed by someone else. Now, maybe they use the manga as inspiration (since midway through the two diverged in story/characters), but, well, while the manga moves on, the anime seems it might very well have ended.

About the movie, more closely...

And to be honest, that leaves a little empty spot in my heart because I enjoyed it SO much, and I'm such an audio/visual person, that while I am enjoying the manga, and am happy it's going to continue for awhile yet, it's still not the same thing, and I sort of feel that now, having read the manga, I can see part of the anime director's emphasis on the story, and.... it fascinates me.

See, I saw the end of the FMA series and I was ... very disheartened.&nbsp; I mean, yes, it was sweet the two of them were alive and human, but I felt so CHEATED. I firmly believed the two of them would have been happier together: even with Alphonse as a suit of armor.&nbsp; And it just ...arg. It felt so unsatisfying.

Then I watched the FMA movie (read: watched the horrible fan subs by various translators a few times before I finally, REALLY understood what was going on, and what people were saying).&nbsp;&nbsp; And you know, from what I can tell about 80% of fans HATE the movie. Like, outright hate.&nbsp; And part of me used to be that way (mainly because the whole London/Munich subplot was so "WTF?" at the end of the series, and in the movie of course), but.... these last few days particularly I've been thinking about it, and while the storyteller in me still wants to see some loose ends ties up (Roy/Riza, The "Uranium Bomb" etc.), I think I have a new appreciation for the ending.

See.&nbsp; For me it felt "GOOD" the boys were together again. Undoubtedly I was MUCH happier with that ending than the series' ending, but I realized the other night that it was not a "perfect" ending.&nbsp; That's what my mind wanted: it wanted the "perfect" ending. The "we are wrapped up in a tiny bow and everything is wonderful now!" ending.... and that's not FMA. Bad people die.&nbsp; Good people die. Everything comes with a price. The world is imperfect.

THAT is why the ending fits.&nbsp; I mean, it sucks where they are, and that Ed still has his auto-mail, but _BUT_ the arc of brotherly love has been completed. And THAT is what the anime was about from the start! No: not Winry, not "mother," not anything like that, but sacrifice, true sacrifice and the amazingly strong bond between two brothers. And that is exactly what the end of the movie showcased. The two of them had to pay a price for all that's happened.

And they did! And THAT is why it can't be wrapped up in a pretty bow! They can no longer go home (at least... assuming the Colonel put the other side of the gate down, and even then... details details...), but even when they had a resemblence of a "home," it's not as if they went there often anyways. No: being around eachother is the key. That is the great, big, lesson in all of this. That all along they were searching to revive their mother, and to help themselves, and in the end all that matters is eachother.

...isn't that just amazing? I mean, after all that, that IS an ending. That is such an amazingly heartening, beautiful thing, that it brings me to tears! (And mind you, I'm glad Alphonse got his body back. Poor boy deserved it, but if they BOTH came out entirely human and back in their home world...doesn't that seem the faintest bit contrived? Doesn't it seem like unequal trade?).

Or, to think of it another way: both brothers sacrifice themselves for the other (see: the last few episodes of the series), so even through that, by all accounts shouldn't one or both be dead? And instead we get to see them both alive, together? Isn't that an amazing journey, and wasn't it worth the cost? Just think of the journey they've gone on, and somehow, not only have they both matured, but they have finally sort of met in the middle with how they think/act (though that is more towards the end of the series than the film, admittedly).

So... it might not have been the way I would have told the story, but... it's a story that needs told, I feel. And that makes it even more powerful. It's tragic, but not at the same time. It's a different sort of "closure" than I'm accustomed to.

And I'm thankful for the journey the director has taken me on, because I feel more "awake" because of it.

The ending is not perfectly happy, since it is imperfect, but I "feel" it more now.

I certainly welcome thoughts from others. smile.gif

-Kymba
pickledevil
^Yes, that's really true... that's just the way FMA is. A happy ending wouldn't really suit them. But in a way it is a happy ending don't you think? The brothers reunited and as Al said, they can go on another journey again. I think they'll do just fine with the support of each other.
sachiko hyuuchi
QUOTE(The Great Asparagus @ Mar 5 2006, 12:31 AM) [snapback]358732[/snapback]

i cried from both happiness and sadness. well i was happy because ed finally got to reunite with his dear beloved brother and i felt sooo happy for them, especially after when i thought that they were gonna be seperated again. and then i felt sooooo sad because now they'll never see winry or mustang or other ppl like that again and i also mourned for alphonse heiderichblah. and i felt kinda empty inside cuz ed and al just had to be stuck on THAT side of the gate, cuz the whole anime is about them and their awesome alchemyness, but now they can't do anything. it's such a waste for both ed and al. they've become such amazing alchemists!! wahhhh T__T

I know! It just doesn't really seem like "fullmetal ALCHEMIST" anymore... and well ED still has his automail =\

I was pretty confused when ed actually WANTED to go back to the other world (the munich one), all the time he was trying to get back and saying he's living in that dream that's never real.

Like the majority of a LOT of people, I was sad when Ed left and could never see his friends and ESPECIALLY winry again.

The ending was pretty unexpected... I still don't really undestand it though, it's probably too complicated since i'm still .. not their age -.- but I'll probably understand in three to five years' time lol

Culinary_Alchemist
OMG when Ed and Al were almost separated i was crying like nooooooooooooooooo they HAVE to be together other wise the movie was a waist and then when Al came out of the armor i was like *sigh of happiness*......the end was bitter sweet, i liked it... could have been worst atleats Ed saw Winry and some of the other before he left for good.....
nihilist
The movie was good up until the ending. I mean it could have had a bit more action...didnt really seem like i was wathcing the same full metal alchemist. i was happy to see mustang actually do some alchemy...alphonse became too much of an ed wanabe whichwas kind of lame in my opinion. the ending and how the story concluded...was pretty terrible. THey practically ruined the entire series..Hoheinheim's sacrifice was basically useless, (in fact it did more harm than good) And i really wanted to see Envy vs. Ed in a proper fight without Envy's cheap tactics like in the last episdoes of the series...helpless dragon envy was way too anticlimatic...the way the series ended it would have fit perfeclty if envy became the main villain of the movie because of how the series last showed him. He was also the most evil out of the 7 homonculi and was defiant as well...they couldve done so much more with envy's character.i mean he also had the dramatic history as well. But no..they had to turn him into a helpless dragon instead! (not to mention it doesnt show what hapend to him) He couldve been using the nazi ppl to open a gate and then go in it himself and become a homonculi again and fight ed and al thereby nullyfing their reason to return to the crappy world. Ed and Al shouldve stayed in their Shamballa world because the other world sucked and it seemed out of place that htey stayed there.. it seemed unsatisfactory that he just left all the subplots unanswered in that world (ie, winry) i mean winry and ed have that chemistry thing (like when she was braiding hsi hair) it seemed neglectful on teh creators part to just ignore all that. Mustangs story was left incomplete as well. Anyway, movie was ok..the way the entire plot was solved was stupid, and that lady was easily the worst anime villain ive ever seen...in the sub i saw, she kept calling transmutation circles 'magic circles' and she fought ed for like 2 secs before getting beaten. Gluttony wuldve been a better main villain! Another sequel is necessary.
Kynikos
I clicked "Happy yet sad because it wasn't a happy ending and there probably won't be any more to FMA." Well, it was the end of the anime and manga is still going strong. I was happy Edward and Alphonse were reunited in the end but the rest of the characters seemed to be forgotten. Main characters are important but supporting characters are a good addition to the storyline.
Although, three years have passed I still have this sense that Edward didn't "grow up" until the ending. He had a strong focus on his past and made the storyline awkward in our world. Either this was intentional or I'm missing character development wink.gif .
gryphenix
Ok, let me reiterate this. This series was never about Ed and Winry hooking up, falling in love, getting married, or even having a happy ending. Heck, it is barely implied throughout the entire series. The series was about Ed and Al returning their bodies to normal, which they accomplished, and equivalence. The point is that you can't have your cake and eat it too. Al wanted to be with Ed, so he had to give up his world. As a result, he gets his memories, but no more alchemy. Ed loses Winry, but he gets his brother. If the movie had ended with the brothers separated again, that would have been the letdown. It would have left the series with the wide open hole of the brothers being apart. The way it was ended, there is closure. They can't go back. Winry knows this and seemed to accept it. Mustang came back, and you know by the way Hawkeye acted that that will turn out all right. Just let the WinryxEd thing go. She was more a sister than a romantic intrest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.