Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A New Fan-made Fma Game
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Ed-Elric
Yo i am making a Fma internet game i not sure if it will be a mmorpg or a popular internet game of fame hopefully

you dont make a alchemist guy you play as a bunch of diffrent Charters i will list them becuase i think i should

they will be unlocked and playable in this order (Ed (3-50) and Al (3-50) will be open at the start of the game and the homocli will be unlocked all at the end at once)

Edward (3-50)
Alphones(3-50)
Mustang
Arm strong
Scar
Marcho
Izumi
hoenhime
Alphones (movie)
Edward (movie)
ya the game will have spoilers... Sorry

so tell me what you think i need ideas sorry
Dreakon
What kind of game is this planned to be? Some sort of graphical RPG, text-based maybe? Is it an RPG at all. tongue.gif
Ed-Elric
in a way there will be nothing realy like it

the only game i can think of that it will be like is gaunlte

kind of more action then rpg

should i add kimberlee
kenderoth
QUOTE(Ed-Elric @ Feb 3 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]346510[/snapback]

in a way there will be nothing realy like it

the only game i can think of that it will be like is gaunlte

kind of more action then rpg

should i add kimberlee

ill go with x-play (g4) I think the ps2 games sucked and i think they should stop taking advantage
of us f.m.a fans, I think somone besides bandai should make F.m.a games cuz they turn out sucking and all gay from third party developers. Sony should just get somone really good to do the game and make it good and imursive and just fun with good graphic plainly a good game. (point made)
Dreakon
QUOTE(kenderoth @ Feb 4 2006, 03:32 AM) [snapback]346539[/snapback]

ill go with x-play (g4) I think the ps2 games sucked and i think they should stop taking advantage
of us f.m.a fans, I think somone besides bandai should make F.m.a games cuz they turn out sucking and all gay from third party developers. Sony should just get somone really good to do the game and make it good and imursive and just fun with good graphic plainly a good game. (point made)

Didn't Square-Enix make the PS2 games (excluding Dream Carnival, which was Bandai)? And I dunno what this means, since the thread is about a fan game that this kind fellow is working on.
FullMetal Shrimp
I like this idea of making a FullMetal Alchemist game. biggrin.gif

But if you decide to make this an mmorpg, then I don't think it would be best to play as the characters from the series, because then lots of people would start to be looking the same. But then again, they would look the same even if they were just alchemy people, but at least they wouldn't look like Edward and have weird names. tongue.gif

But you said it will be like an action game, so maybe something like an action game with RPG features to it? Sounds fun. happy.gif

I'd be glad to help if you need anything.
Ed-Elric
it will be much more like gaunlte if you have played that you will know what i mean just a little less rpg then gauntle

i have finshed programming the charters exept for the homoculi

oh and on last thing does any one have good homoculi sprites cuase i do not realy like the ones i have you will have to say some thing by the end of today i want me to use them if no one will give better sprites i will think of not making them

oh i need to ask your all some thing should there be a close hand to hand attack and a alchemic attack or just a alchemic attack
ROY'S FRIEND
hmm...an online fullmetal alchemist game COOL! that would be awesome maybe doing an rpg and gauntle game very very good cool.gif
Ed-Elric
thanks

i finshed the charters and started the alchemic attacks in case you care i think i should tell you my progress
Dreakon
Thanks for keeping us updated, sounds good. Do you have any screens or something for us to drool over maybe? smile.gif
Ed-Elric
i have the sprite sheets no screen shots that you would like it is all program stuff for later like carters and alchemic attacks but here are the best sprites i had for the fma Charters also i need better homoculus sprites
here is izumi , mustang and scared one of ishbal ( i think it is cool to call scar that in the game) note: these are normal sprites i think best fit the fma carter becuase there are no realy good 4 way sprites

if you dont like them send me better ones i need homoculi sprites or i will no make the game with them
FullMetal Shrimp
I think it's great you keep us updated and show us your progress. biggrin.gif

Nice sprites, I'm getting psyched up to play the game right now. How do you make sprites like that? It must be very difficult. If you could tell me how I would be glad to make some for you. (As long as you give me some credit, of course. sleep.gif.)

Not to offend you but there is one thing about this game I'm worried about, and that's the text and spelling in the game, if there even is any text in the game, which there probably will be. Your grammar doesn't seem to be fantastic, and you mention calling Scar the "scared one of ishbal." Cool name, but you had scared in there, not scarred, and that's one of the things I'm kind of worried about. I can't imagine playing a scared scar. unsure.gif

But overall, I think you're doing pretty good with this game, so keep it up. happy.gif
Ed-Elric
i take time to spell stuff right in the game just not on the forums i am trying to type fast to get my ideas out here

and the progress thing i have done the alchemic attacks for all the guy exeot for marcho and armstrong

oh ya i never realy think about this untill the last stage of making a game but i have both OST of fma music so there will be Fma music in it
Frozen Ice Alchemist
Cool~ I luv the sprites you make!! >.< I only have a really bad looking Envy if you need it... And also
Izumi and Mustang looks.....um... quite different... happy.gif; But their pretty good I have to say!! biggrin.gif
I'd like to post some better sprites for some of the FMA characters if you don't mind...

I have a question... What about Black Hayate?? Can he be included in the game too?? smile.gif
Ed-Elric
thanks they look better then mine but if you post sprites i need like a sprite sheet like the animation of walking and things i can still probly use them for statonary poeple but i am not there yet

oh i finshed the normal alchemic attacks and starting on higher stronger alchemic attacks for when you level up

here are the normal alchemic attacks
Frozen Ice Alchemist
QUOTE(Ed-Elric @ Feb 6 2006, 02:24 AM) [snapback]346886[/snapback]

thanks they look better then mine but if you post sprites i need like a sprite sheet like the animation of walking and things.

Umm...But I just found these off google in the images section and I don't have the sprite sheet for them... happy.gif; Perhaps maybe you can make sprites similar to those that I posted before... But I'll try and find a sprite sheet for those if there is one around on the internet.
Ed-Elric
ok ( i am tried of animation)

i am working on leveling things like higher health and better alchemy
Frozen Ice Alchemist
I tried searching for the sprite sheets for those sprites that I posted... But all I could find was the sprite sheet for the GBA version of Ed when he was 15 and when he was 10, at the bit that his left leg disappeared. And I only have Al as when he was 9 or something at the section where his body disappeared.

I found this screenshot on the web when browsing, its a screenshot from Ragnarok Online. But I have no idea why Edward is following the player;Victor. Maybe you can some how make something similar from that screenshot...

EDIT: I just remembered! I found some sprites of metal walls, brick walls, metal boxes, machine rocks, ice and etc.
I hope it'll come in handy~ biggrin.gif
And also, they have 2 different sizes; Big and normal. But the walls, the machine and the canon dosen't have different sizes.
Ed-Elric
thanks i all ready had the edward (15) but the objects will be useful thanks
i am working on alchemy again not much defrent then what i was doing yester day i should start maping friday or satarday

the broken building will be good for ishbal and lior

i will use these but you dont need to keep giving me sprites dont worry i can make and find them on my own
Frozen Ice Alchemist
QUOTE(Ed-Elric @ Feb 8 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]347710[/snapback]

i will use these but you dont need to keep giving me sprites dont worry i can make and find them on my own

Sure~
Ed-Elric
sorry if i sounded bitchy i dont mean to i just dont want you to spend 2 days looking for animations when i may end up using 2 or 3

i have started programing loading and pass codes
Frozen Ice Alchemist
QUOTE(Ed-Elric @ Feb 9 2006, 07:28 AM) [snapback]347860[/snapback]

sorry if i sounded bitchy i dont mean to i just dont want you to spend 2 days looking for animations when i may end up using 2 or 3

Nah...It's fine. After all, your the one making the game. You don't want to be like Vans and just sit there just programming; it does sometimes get boring...
Dreakon
Lol, i find it funny how thats going to be a running insult now.

"At least your not like Vans..."
"You don't want to be like Vans..."
"Where Vans gave up, I will continue..."
"I won't let you down like Vans..."
"Your such a Vans!" (ouch)

So anyways, if you need any help with the site or forum or anything, I could probably help out (so long as it doesnt involve any graphics or anything... not good w/ photoshop). I always like updating/maintaining/working on a good forum. smile.gif
Zarpia
ohmy.gif I am so glad you are making a game^^ and so far everything looks great too happy.gif
Ed-Elric
thanks

the only forum for this game is only this thread i dont know much about website stuff

i am working out glitches witht the camara movement on the charters

sorry if i was a bit of a vans

i have to write a paper for school for today so i might not get much work done
winry-rockbell
I don't know what to do? ..but the least that i can say is Good Luck XD
for you and for everyone ^ ^
Frozen Ice Alchemist
Yup, Good Luck is all we can say! But I'd like to help with anything and I mean by ANYTHING that I can.
Since your doing the other things, we can organize other things like the name of the game, login screen, etc. etc. If you don't mind us doing that.. tongue.gif
Ed-Elric
i dont know i thing i would like you to do is write the instrutions for it but you need to see it to do that you could umm... i could give you the backdrops i need

normal house
broken house
curch
office buillding
warehouse
train station
Ed-Elric
yo i am esaly half way done but i need a (spoiler)i need a kind of sprite thing of gluttony from the movie i dont think i can draw him to the level i need
Ed-Elric
i got tired of people for no real reson so i am going to post the Fma Game so far it has 4 levels none of witch are complelte and fully working but i have nothing eles to do so here load bu7 to play as most of the charters so if you want to play the unfished crap verson send me you email adress becuase i am not alowed to post the game it is to big or some thing
Dreakon
If you want, you can send it to me. smile.gif Dreakon13@yahoo.com

What are you using to make it anyways?
Ed-Elric
i sent it to you
Dreakon
Cool, thank you. But I am having some trouble. When I tried running the exe it asked for CNCS32.dll, which I ended up getting online. However, now when I run it, it says "Error while opening file.". I also sent a reply email with this info. Any ideas? smile.gif
Ed-Elric
only to try installing the program i used and useing a newwer version sorry about the troubole i should of checked better first

oh ya at the start you uses your mouse to enter a code or press new game then click you charter ed al or endter bu7 quikly in the load part
Ed-Elric
i have started work on dublith
Dreakon
Interesting, looks like a nice setup you got working here. smile.gif Nice work!
ROY'S FRIEND
very nice progress ed-elric im impressed! cool.gif keep up the good work! I will await the day we get to play ur game!^^
Ed-Elric
wait dreakon it worked al right
oh ya thanks to the thread with the map of the fma world i used it for level transporting stuff

i am working on dublith and al little more then 1 week it shoul.d be done on sunday it would be satarday but i have drivers trainning sorry

1 more post and i will be at 100 i felt that was cool
Frozen Ice Alchemist
I'd like to try it out too. My email is frozenicealchemist@yahoo.com.hk
Ed's handblade
Send it to me to pls!My email is luqman_fullmetal@hotmail.com
Ed-Elric
i will send it to you but mind you it did not work on deakons computer so i am not sure if it will and mind you it is the crap verson to show you the game style

i am working on rush valley , dublith and south city

hey look i am apprentice now i think the little things are cool
Aleesha Elric
Ohhh your game sounds sooo cool. Must pm me when its up and running! I'd advertise it for ya too happy.gif
eaglemn1697
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=5][b] this sounds AWSOME not to be critical but i hope the attacks are better than they look on the picks the look kind of low tech btw r u going to let us know when it comes outIPB Image unsure.gif

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=5][b]this sounds AWSOME not to be critical but i hope the attacks are better than they look on the picks the look kind of low tech btw r u going to let us know when it comes out sorry about my last post still trying to get use to posts IPB Image
eaglemn1697
[b][size=5][font=Franklin Gothic Medium]i am still new to this i forgot to read page 2 and i'm sooooooooooooooo sorry about my last post i did not realize how much work went into it sorry sorry sorry my bad but btw i would like to try the one u have close to done my e-mail is eaglemn1697@hotmail.com sorry again thanx
eaglemn1697
o and by the way how do u raise your level like ed elrik is an apprentice and then there's the citizen state alchemist how do u raise that?
Ed-Elric
dont worry we were all new once ok i am sending to you right now but mind you i do not know if it works on other computers that is the main reason of the test and so you can get a feel for the game

oh ya ihave bin thinking it may take a little less sleep but should i ad rock blockers ( things to but cover between you and an enemy)
Ed-Elric
oh to get a better state thing ever 100 post you get a better title
winry-rockbell
Can i try the game too? IPB Image
If i can try it please send it to miko_no_uta@yahoo.com
FMA-Freak
Can I please try the game too? It sounds so cool!!!! I love any kind of FMA game! My email is teeney12@hotmail.com
Mikage_Elric
I love Al H. what's his sprite looks like?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.