Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 45 : A Rotted Heart
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
ed's numbuh 1 fan
first off... "This is the designated talk-back thread for episode 45.
This thread will open officially on Friday. Please DO NOT POST untill then."
And All spoilers MUST be put in spoiler tags!! i have to thank Tombow for going though all this trouble and if you take the time to read this then it'll explain why this is a little bit early.

okay and now on with the talk-back thread...

The confrontation continues between Hohenheim and Dante. and meanwhile Alphonse recieves a mysterious phone call,
Edward proves he'll do whatever it takes to stop the Homunculi. And back at Central Roy decides to challange the entire military leadership on his own...
what good can come out of this! will the homunculi be stoped? What is Edward planning to do! all this will be awswered on saturday! be there or be...somewhere else!

tongue.gif

post your comments!! on saturday!!! w00t!
Tombow
@ed's numbuh 1 fan - Nice job on hosting the episode 45 thread!! happy.gif

Just as a reminder:
The following are designated talk-back thread hosts for the remaining FMA episodes (from "talk-back thread host list" thread):
Ep 45: ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ep 46: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 47: Nepharski
Ep 48: vfdj42
Ep 49: theothersin
Ep 50: Jen_Elric
Please honor these hosts, and refrain from opening talk-back threads for these episodes. smile.gif

Note: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, and Nepharski, and vfdj42, and Jen_Elric, if you see this note, would you kindly check the latest suggestion concerning opening of the talk-back thread, on the above mentioned "host list thread." Many thanks!! happy.gif

* Please wait for ed's numbuh 1 fan to officially open this thread sometime today for general posting. Thank you!!
TheToeTag
Only 38 hours to go smile.gif
Or 2,280 mins........or only just 136,800 secs smile.gif....HeHeHe...
Hurry up time i cant stand it
Sikiu-San
This is a really good episode >W< We finally get a look at hoho's past and a special guest makes an apperance ph34r.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 3 2006, 05:13 AM) [snapback]346193[/snapback]

@ed's numbuh 1 fan - Nice job on hosting the episode 45 thread!! happy.gif

aww thanks laugh.gif

* Please wait for ed's numbuh 1 fan to officially open this thread sometime today for general posting. Thank you!!

is this a good time? oh well, The talk back thread is officialy open!

i'm glad it's friday already, it's so close! XD

Full Metal Elf
YAY!..I like this episode and can't wait to see it dubbed!!...I'm excited...happy.gif

[spoiler]...hehe..black-haired Ed!..YIPPY!..[/spoiler]
Dreakon
Grr... I hate those spoiler tags. So badly I want to look at what it says, but I just can't! Lol, can't wait, sounds like a good ep. smile.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
YeS! i cant WAIT! for this episode dude!...lol...LETS START ANOTHER COUNTDOWN!! lol...only 26 and some odd minutes left for the episode to air on tv! WOOHOO!! LOL!! happy.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 3 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]346433[/snapback]

YAY!..I like this episode and can't wait to see it dubbed!!...I'm excited...happy.gif

really? oh yay! hee tongue.gif now i really can't wait now laugh.gif
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 3 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]346433[/snapback]

[spoiler]Black? XD I always saw it as dark green or maybe that was just the light...[/spoiler]

Woo, can't wait to hear the voices, especcially the whole "midget" part. Only a little over a day lift till' it airs! Then after that episode 46... now I really can't wait to see that one.
Nepharski
Hope it's as good as they say. I understand there's quite a bit of history linked with this episode. Should prove interesting.
Jen_Elric
Great job with opening this thread, ed's numbah 1 fan! Can't wait until it's my turn!
And can't wait until this episode airs!!!!!XDXD
Winry Elric
YAY! Only 8 and half hours till it comes on^^ I've never seen it but I already know how Hohenheim and Dante know each other b/c of spoilers........*sighs* oh well *shrugs* I can't wait anyway biggrin.gif

Good job opening the thread ed's numbuh 1 fan! ^^
FullMetalFan#1
yo winry elric do u mind sharing some of those spoilers LOL

just 8 hours and 22 minutes LOL
Shi-chan
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Feb 3 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]346433[/snapback]

Oh! It's that Episode!?! YIPPY! I've been looking forward to that! Also we get to see more of Hoho-chan! (And of course Aru-chan!) Oh and 3 hours and 45 min!
JoshP1389
QUOTE(FullMetalFan#1 @ Feb 4 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]346648[/snapback]

yo winry elric do u mind sharing some of those spoilers LOL

just 8 hours and 22 minutes LOL

No.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Feb 4 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]346573[/snapback]

Great job with opening this thread, ed's numbah 1 fan! Can't wait until it's my turn!

hee thanks tongue.gif

yay! it's soooo close! 2 hours left happy.gif but i'm stuck watching Jurassic Park till then laugh.gif ;;
FullMetalFan#1
QUOTE(ed's numbuh 1 fan @ Feb 4 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]346789[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Feb 4 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]346573[/snapback]

hee thanks tongue.gif

yay! it's soooo close! 2 hours left happy.gif but i'm stuck watching Jurassic Park till then laugh.gif ;;

yeah me too im also watching jurassic park and we go about 1 hour and 14 minutes till FMA
Tombow
Getting ready for another exciting episode!!
Wyrd_Raven
Well the brothers are hiding things from another.

Though I must wonder if Bones was making a joke on Madhouse....
[spoiler]Ed looked like Alucard from Hellsing for a moment there x3[/spoiler]
ROY'S FRIEND
ahh..number 45 pretty cool episode!! smile.gif
Chopper Enthusiast
Its morning...And no one has written?

So Ho is gone. I was cheering when that baby transformed. I coulda sworn it was going to die...

Bradley got put on the spot. But kept a cool demeanor I guess.

And Al is meeting with Shao. I can't beleive it took him so long to remember who it was. Al must have alzheimers.

Oh, and Roy had a sex change.

Just kidding, Al can't have alzheimers, he doesn't have a physical brain.
Sikiu-San
The site was down for a while and i keep on trying but i could not get in ;-;

but here is what i had written before i had trouble with the site..
Hhmmmm, saw a few connections that could explain some stuff in the manga @_@ really good dubbing happy.gif I thought it was sad when hoho was having flashbacks and even through all the stuff he has done he still loved her.... but hoho is still a bastard in my book for my own reasons >3 the suppence builds and builds and builds, its just great xD
I also loved how furey hit the nail right on the head when roy was asking the reason why people would go after the PS xD Then poor havoc, cant get a girl once roy walks in the same room and ed should really learn to controll that temper when people call him midget xDD but he did a fairly good job XDD
So it seems we will see envy in the next episode. Still would love to know where he has been all this time >_>
Full Metal Elf
OMG!...The dubbing was GREAT!...^___^

And I loved it...this is a good episode, and it was funny, and at the same time so serious. Hahaha...black-haired Ed..we love it!..hehehe

And Al...idiot...why would you go to Tucker!?!..(sigh)...

And poor Hohenheim...he was sent through the Gate...T_T.
JoshP1389
Very good episode. What caught me on the most is when I saw Tucker cry. At first when Winry answered the phone, I thought he was faking it to get Al to come.

And I found it pretty funny with the conversation between Dante and Hohenheim.

"Your soul cannot sustain each body it goes through, casuing it to decay slowly."

"Then I'll just transfer to another body."

"Then that body will rot faster."

"Then I'll again transfer to another body."

"Then that will rot faster."

"Blah blah blah..."
Sydney
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Feb 5 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]346913[/snapback]

"Your soul cannot sustain each body it goes through, casuing it to decay slowly."

"Blah blah blah..."

Accurate summary of the gist of their conversation. (Lesson learned: Dante very stubborn when it comes to so-called eternity....)

Questions as of the moment, but expecting to be answered in the episodes themselves:
1. Is Hoho dead, or just trapped in the Gate?
2. Is Rose's baby dead, or was it able to survive that Gate transmutation? (I found there was no clear answer when watching it; after banishing Hoho to the Gate, Dante does return the baby to Rose, but we don't really get a decent look at the kid, or even see if it's moving, and I'm not sure Rose is a good indicator at all, since right now, it looks as if she's under some sort of spell....)

...My favorite part would have to be the whole thing between Sloth and Hoho and Trisha Elric in between. Fantastic moment, especially for me, considering I'm a fan of both Sloth and Trisha Elric. (Slightly disappointed though; had expected if Sloth ever saw Hoho again, there'd be a pause, then she'd began viciously attacking him. laugh.gif Little demented humor there....)
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Sydney @ Feb 5 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]346918[/snapback]

QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Feb 5 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]346913[/snapback]

"Blah blah blah..."

Accurate summary of the gist of their conversation. (Lesson learned: Dante very stubborn when it comes to so-called eternity....)

That's because Dante's a spoiled, lustful brat and too scared to die. cool.gif
Singhay
Dante said that everyone has a little gate inside them or w/e. So I think why Dante used the baby was because..

1: She can't just walk up to Hohenheim and Alchemize him through the gate.
2: If I was dante, I wouldn't use Lyra's body as a gate "opener"
3: I don't think Humunculus would work since they have no soul
4: I wouldn't use Rose since thats the body I'd be tranfering my soul too

and the only person left around is the baby.
Tombow
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Feb 5 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]346845[/snapback]

Its morning...And no one has written?

Yeah, the site went down right after the episode finished airing, and the board was down all night. (Seriously hopeing the same would not happen for the final episode. ph34r.gif )

QUOTE(Singhay @ Feb 5 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]346924[/snapback]

Dante said that everyone has a little gate inside them or w/e. So I think why Dante used the baby was because..

Because... (serious spoiler: please read at your own risk.)
[spoiler]With adult humans, like Dante herself and Ho-ho and others, even Ed, the gate within themselves is not easily reacheable, like only when in near-deth stage, or something of that sort.[/spoiler]
primus diddy
I was hoping for a big fight between Ho-ho and Dante, or for Lust to kill Dante when she wasn't looking. That would've been sweet. Or ya know, more action. I have a feeling the next episode will make for for it though.

On a side note, Ed is quite the stoic.

On another side note, I can't help but feel bad for Tucker.
Chopper Enthusiast
Tucker turned Nina into a furry! wink.gif
Jen_Elric
Well, I just have to say is that there was some great fanservice in this episode!! (both Ed and Hoho shirtless AND hair down!! *drool*)

Well, we find out that the first PS was created by using those people dying from the plague. I thought that was really interesting. And Hoho is gone!! The flashbacks of his family were sweet and sad.
Al went to see Tucker. Why? Well, we'll find out, but I'm not a Tucker fan at all, so I'm not happy that Al's there.
And poor Havoc! the look on his face when the nurse was staring at Roy reminded me on episode 37. So funny!
We need as many funny moments in these episodes. I'm glad to see them.
And we got to see Izumi!! IT's great to see her, even for a moment.
That's all I got for now. Can't wait until the next episode!! We're getting closer and closer to the end. *snif*
Ed-Al-Win Fan
This episode was really funny and yet again suspenseful and mixed in with sadness (lol)...I thought the whole dwarf thing was too funny...It was just how the way the two men were talking about Ed right when he was in front of their faces...He look like he seriously couldn't hold in his anger anymore...Poor Ed he such a little one (lol)...Anyways I thought also the part with Hoho and Trisha was sad and also yet cute...because Ed looked adorable as a baby, and so did Al (lol), thats when the whole family was there...You could tell Hoho really did loved Trisha, it showed all through the memories...And I wondered about Rose too, something seemed odd, but I'm not too sure what... And Ed and Al hiding things from each other, I too didn't like the idea of Al going over to Tucker, and he still is trying to recreate that fake Nina...:sigh: lol

I also was wondering why Al was having such a hard time remembering 'Shou'...Or maybe they are use to hearing Tucker...so that could be the reason (lol)

Anyways the whole episode was awesome, and the dubbing was good as usual...I can't wait for the next episode, seems from the looks of previews, Wrath and Ed are going at another duel again lol:)
Nepharski
"There's a giant and a dwarf. Look hard, cause the other guy is small and it will be harder to notice him. He's supposed to be like, you know, and ant or someting. Can't be that guy...too tall."

Poor Edward.

Good episode. Uncovered a lot of stuff.

And Tucker, you horrible person. What are you doing now.

Or, in any case anyone was wondering, Envy finally appears again in the next episode, and totally flips out.
Melydragon
[attachmentid=3489][size=3]Great episode. I liked it a lot. But that is what I always say about every episode, so...

The flashbacks that Hohenheim was having were kind of sad, but yet he did seem that he really loved Trisha. And Ed and Al babies were so cute!!

Even though I don´t like Tucker at all, I couldn´t feel but sorry for him. Okay, he is insane for what he did to Nina but still. And why was ´Fake Nina´s body rotting just like Dante´s?

Oh, I know is totally obvious, I think Dante wants to use Rose´s body for her inmortality thingy.

We finaly know about Hoho and Dante. Were they together? We´ll have to wait for the new episode next week to know it. But Hoho said that he had only loved Trisha. That is confusing.

And we saw Izumi again. She is such a great character.

And Al wants to learn how to use the Filosopher´s Stone. Ed is so sweet by rather have his brother than anything.

Anyways, we still have a week to wait for the new episode.
Aldebaran135
I doubt that Tucker is working for the government to bring Al in. The first time, he was working with them in the hopes of restoring Nina. The second time, it seemed as if he was basically forced into by Archer. With Archer now half a man, and Al possibly providing the means to help him with Nina, I don't think he has anymore loyalties to the government.

In fact, I wonder if he even went back with the military after the Lior incident. I was curious as to how the heck he'd gotten to the southern city so fast after Al's call. I then wondered if he had actually been hiding out in that city with Nina, and perhaps had called the Rockbell house from there.

QUOTE(Melydragon @ Feb 5 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]347047[/snapback]
And why was ´Fake Nina´s body rotting just like Dante´s?

I don't think that was rot. I think that was just fur. Remember, Fake Nina is currently a chimera.
Lt. Misha Mustang
I think it was fur to me it was. it was sad that Hohenheim had to find out what happed to Trisha I wonder if Ed and Al are going to find out too.
RayAllen
Another great episode. Apparently babies are not just for crying anymore.
Wait, did Dante set this whole thing up just for the baby? Because if she did orchestrate the 'occurences' that led it's birth...then that is a new kind of evil right there. ohmy.gif

Wait, is Hohenheim dead? He was just kicking ass too.

It's NINA! Holy crap!

It looks like the stage is set for the final battle. As well it should.
TheToeTag
OMG this ep was crazy......
HoHos back story...
Ed setting up to fgiht the them all....(wish he keep hes hair green,was awsome)
Roy confronting Bradly..
Al going to TUCKER!!**grrrr i hate tucker***
AND OMG OMG OMG
did none of you see what dante is going to do to ROSE!!!
NO NOT ROSE, not poor poor ROSE!

Say it every time i see a fma CANT WAIT TILL THE NEXT ONE!
Tombow
QUOTE(Melydragon @ Feb 5 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]347047[/snapback]

We finaly know about Hoho and Dante. Were they together? We´ll have to wait for the new episode next week to know it. But Hoho said that he had only loved Trisha. That is confusing.

I think Dante said in this episode that they were lovers. I mean, whoever is in Lyra's body now and whoever is in Ho-ho's body now, were lovers at one time, and when who's in Ho-o-'s body now finally made the P-Stone, whoever was in Ho-ho's boady died, but before he died whoever was in Lyra's body used the stone to attatch his soul to the body of nearby male, and that's how they discovered they can switch the bodies using the P. stone. Whew!!

Ho-ho telling that Trisha was the only one he married to, and telling Sloth "I love you" as he was sent to the gate was kind of touching.
(Tho, I was hoping more Lyra-Hoho fighting scenes using alchemy.)

I don't think what Mustang did, going to the Generals and Bradley's meeting and confronting Bradley, was very smart, and so as Al going to meet Tucker.
Last week Mustang got mad because Ed didn't trust him and didn't come to him when Ed needed help, yet this week Mustang does not trust Ed and Al enough to take their words that Bradley and Sloth are Homuncli. Ed not teling Al what he's doing, Al not telling Ed what he's doing....
Makes me wish they would have trusted each other's ability, judegement, etc., and talk to each other more while they are still together, and made plans for better strategy against their common enemy.

Speaking of Al... he's meeting Tucker, and he has that lab created girl in his arm!! That's sad.
If Tucker misses Nina (the original one) that much, he shouldn't have used her for his alchemy work to begin with!!

Lyra's is eying for her new "home"!! Chilling!!

On the funny scenes, yay to Winry for inventing the modern oven!! And, the Havoc scene was funny, too. smile.gif
Aldebaran135
QUOTE(RayAllen @ Feb 6 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]347141[/snapback]

I don't know, but I think he might be gone for good. Sometimes it's better for the story for a "good" character that is overwhelmly more powerful than the main protagonist to die. Otherwise, he might overshadow the main hero during the climax.

I think Ed should've kept his hair dark for at least a few episodes longer. Even after the train incident, the disguise would still be useful. And it's just a cool change of pace.
Tombow
^^Yeah, I liked seeing Ed with different hair-color!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(RayAllen @ Feb 6 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]347141[/snapback]

He's gone, but not forgotton, I think. smile.gif
Sikiu-San
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 5 2006, 07:13 PM) [snapback]347035[/snapback]

Or, in any case anyone was wondering, Envy finally appears again in the next episode, and totally flips out.

Flipping out is an understatment laugh.gif He has a mental break down and panic attack all in one XD

Another thing i remembered was in the dub ross said something when dante handed her baby back to her and it seems they cut it out..
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
interesting episode and also GOOD! of course...i like the moment between ed and winry, lol THEY BOTH BLUSHED!! AHHH!! happy.gif lol...nina, nina, nina...*sigh* im thinking, im hoping, im wishing, AND im praying that nina will come back. I got the next episode's thread! i cant wait for that episode. happy.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Feb 6 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]347198[/snapback]

I got the next episode's thread! i cant wait for that episode. happy.gif

Ahem, what FullMetalAlchemist01FAN meant by that is, he/she is the designated member to open the talk-back thread for episode 46, designated as the host for the episode 45 talk-back thread on the "talk-back thread hosts list" thread.
As the public service announcement, (at the risk of flying tomatoes,) please allow me to insert this public service announcement...

List of designated thread hosts to open talk-back thread for the remaining Fma episodes:

Ep 45: ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ep 46: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 47: Nepharski
Ep 48: vfdj42
Ep 49: theothersin
Ep 50: Jen_Elric

(Note: This does not includes Final episode - episode 51. Please do not post and ask to be designated as the thread host for the final episode.)

If you are not the designated talk-back thread starter, PLEASE honor these designated hosts, and please refrain from opening talk-back threads for the remaining FMA epispodes. Thank you!!

Ahem... Sorry for the digression!!

And now, please continue with the episode 45 discussions...
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
oh opps...im sry if i did something wrong...ahehe happy.gif dry.gif
Tombow
^^ Oh, no, no, I was trying to help, and making sure that nobody gonna "by mistake" open talk-back thread for your episode 46. biggrin.gif
I'm looking forward to your ep 46 thread. happy.gif

ETA: Yeah, I loved that Winry-Ed moment. smile.gif
Ed-Al-Win Fan
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Feb 6 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]347198[/snapback]

interesting episode and also GOOD! of course...i like the moment between ed and winry, lol THEY BOTH BLUSHED!! AHHH!! happy.gif lol...nina, nina, nina...*sigh* im thinking, im hoping, im wishing, AND im praying that nina will come back. I got the next episode's thread! i cant wait for that episode. happy.gif

^ lol I noticed that part too between Ed and Winry, I thought it was a different moment between the two of them...How cute (lol)...That part was also funny because she grabbed his hair, saying she wanted to braid it...Poor Winry, she gets sad most of the time when the Elrics leave, I noticed she mostly asking where are they off too or what are they doing. And I think this may have turned into one of my fav episodes as well lol:)
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(Ed-Al-Win Fan @ Feb 6 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]347226[/snapback]

QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Feb 6 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]347198[/snapback]

^ lol I noticed that part too between Ed and Winry, I thought it was a different moment between the two of them...How cute (lol)...That part was also funny because she grabbed his hair, saying she wanted to braid it...Poor Winry, she gets sad most of the time when the Elrics leave, I noticed she mostly asking where are they off too or what are they doing. And I think this may have turned into one of my fav episodes as well lol:)

lol..yeah..do you think winry actually likes edward in the show?
Melydragon
QUOTE(Ed-Al-Win Fan @ Feb 6 2006, 06:32 PM)

QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Feb 6 2006, 03:55 PM)

interesting episode and also GOOD! of course...i like the moment between ed and winry, lol THEY BOTH BLUSHED!! AHHH!! lol...nina, nina, nina...*sigh* im thinking, im hoping, im wishing, AND im praying that nina will come back. I got the next episode's thread! i cant wait for that episode.

lol..yeah..do you think winry actually likes edward in the show?

Well, I really doubt that they are going to really be something in the anime, but in the manga is seems that Ed & Winry´s friendship is much more than that. I don´t want to spoil it to anyone but in chapter 49 Winry starts noticing something about Ed...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.