Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gallery Posting Q & A Thread.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Technical Support & Questions
Edward Ikari
If you are encountering any problem, or having any questions on uploading images to the Gallery, please post here and ask us!!

<How to upload the image to the Gallery>

In the Gallery, click on the category you want to post the pic to, then clicking on NEW IMAGE button there.

Once on the "uploading" page, enter the name/title of your art piece into Caption part . If you don't put in any name for your submitted image, the system will automatically take the file name of submitted image and use that as the name of your submitted image.

Underneath "Caption" box is a big editing box for Image Description. You can leave this part blank, or if you'd like you can fill in this part with the description/explanation of your submitted image. You can type and edit just like when making posts in the forum.

Underneath big "Image Description" edit box is Copyright. If your submitted image is copy-right-protected, then please enter the information here. If not, you can leave this section blank, and the system will automatically fill in with the default copyright disclaimer.

Underneath "Copyright" is uploading file selection. For this, please have your image file stored in your computer and ready to be uploaded. Then, click on Browse.., and choose the file on your computer, then click Open, then click on Post Image button at the bottom.

Note: The image will NOT show up in the Gallery right away.
This is normal. (Also, some people may get the "error" message. Please don't let the error message scare you, and no, you do not need to do anything further. smile.gif

*The pic is now uploaded to the board, and the board stuff (Gallery Moderator) will then approve the image for Gallery posting, and then the image will get posted in the Gallery. This may take a while. Meantime, please go about enjoying other part of our board. biggrin.gif

*Sometimes it may take a while for the image to get approved. Meantime, please do not try to upload it again. Please wait for the image approval. smile.gif

(ETA: Last updated on Dec. 29, 2010, by Tombow)

<Thanks, Edward Ikari for letting me share your post space!! ^^ ~Tombow >

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start. First it says I have the wrong format of pictures, and now it just says "problem uploading, contact administrator" can someone help?
Ed-Al-Win Fan
I wish I could or someone tell me what the issue is...I'm actually having the exact same problem, and I think many others are too...
Edward Ikari
Well, I guess I can wait till someone can post the solution here. I might try contacting the admin. unsure.gif
bryantq
I am looking into this issue, i hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.
Edward Ikari
My most sincere thanks, I'm sure many will be happy when it is all worked out, including me.
biggrin.gif
E-N-V-Y
I have that problem too,and I thought I made a topic about that.........?!
bryantq
This has been fixed.
Edward Ikari
As long as I'm here, I'm also wondering about how u get animated avatars, and store them. Please help. Oh, and If there are hohenheim avatars, im looking around 4 them. Please help me find them if its not 2 much trouble.
Emi-chan
I was wondering can you only upload images from urls? Because when I tried to insert an image for my signature, it had to be from a url. And also, what format do pictures have to be in to allow them to be uploaded?
Hana no Kuroi
QUOTE(Emi-chan @ Feb 23 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]353858[/snapback]

And also, what format do pictures have to be in to allow them to be uploaded?

I believe, .PNG, .GIF, and .JPG
zombie
Emi-chan Just put all your avatars and sig pictures on photobcket.com. that way they will work
ed&spike
i want to know how to get an avatar to show up under my name it won't do anything,
i put in the name of the thing and then it's like 'ok' and then i'll post something and all it has is a little
'x' in a white box, and i know the 'x' means the picture won't show up, and i'm gussing it's to big, but they're from this website,
so, yeah, whatever
can someone like help me?
like a walkthrough or something?
or a link?
please? sad.gif
asunder
QUOTE(ed&spike @ Apr 14 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]380727[/snapback]

i want to know how to get an avatar to show up under my name it won't do anything,
i put in the name of the thing and then it's like 'ok' and then i'll post something and all it has is a little
'x' in a white box, and i know the 'x' means the picture won't show up, and i'm gussing it's to big, but they're from this website,
so, yeah, whatever
can someone like help me?
like a walkthrough or something?
or a link?
please? sad.gif

The file can't be found try saving the image to your harddisk and hosting it via imageshak....a few of the links were broken when the contents of the server was messed up a few months ago.
arianna
i can't get my gallery submissions to show up either sleep.gif
asunder
Your submission of "ed_dark2.jpg ( 67.56k ) Uploaded on Today, 07:57 PM " needs to approved by a gallery moderator before it can appear.
The random alchemist
<Merged the contents of "Question About Posting An Image In My Gallery" thread here, with the following four posts. 01/25/07 ~Tombow>

ok, I drew a nice piece of FMA fanart that I posted at deviantart of one of the characters being a steryotypical emo. I wanted to post it here but the image has some mild adult content (there's a bloody razor/ slit wrists). So my question is would that be too violent for this site?

I wouldn't think so since well... more disturbing things have happened in the anime/manga FMA but just being careful
Ailuro
Eh, s'fine. There are worse things on this site. wink.gif
The random alchemist
thanks for responding ^^ I'm happy to see that's its ok
~Kurenai~
I'm having a problems putting pictures in my signature. I did all the steps that were in the F.A.Q. and I still can't get it right. sad.gif An error always pops up saying "Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed." Um, what am I doing wrong?
Tombow
@ShiningAlchemist - Have you tried solutions suggested to you by those people here??
Popogeejo
Can you please paste the url you are putting between the [img] tags, please?

EDIT
Never mind.
~Kurenai~
^ I've tried that, and that error thingy comes up...oh ok Tombow, I'll go try that right now^_^

hm, ok I did what Tombow said...and instead of the picture, a weird square shows up...did I do something wrong again...or did I do it correctly and it won't show up to me but it does for everyone else..? Grr, I don't know.
ladykylie
oh i got it now. thank you! happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.