Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fate/Stay Night
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Carnal Malefactor
Fate/stay night (フェイト/ステイナイト Feito/sutei naito?) series created by Studio Deen aired in Japan between January 6, 2006, and June 16, 2006.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

This topic will probably die a lonely death like the one I made about Eureka Seven, but oh well.

4 episodes of the anime have been aired so far. It's based on a very popular graphic novel series, which in turn is based on an H-game [ blink.gif ]. It's kinda like a much more mature version of CCS. Here's a plot synopsis

Fate/stay night is about events in the life of a high-school boy, Emiya Shirō, who lives in Fuyuki City. At a young age his parents died in a fire and he was adopted by Emiya Kiritsugu, an enigmatic man who called himself a sorcerer. Eventually, Kiritsugu passed away as well.

Unknown to him and the rest of Fuyuki City, their city is the battleground for a secret war. When the time is right, sorcerers from near and far gather with their Servants - the summoned spirits of heroes so mighty they exist outside of time - and fight a war for possession of the Holy Grail, a relic said to grant its owner a wish. The true names of the Servants reveal their weaknesses, and so they are usually referred to by a classification of type instead; Saber, Archer, Rider, Berserker, Lancer, Caster, and Assassin.

When returning from cleaning his archery club's dojo one day, Shirō accidentally sees two of the Servants, Archer and Lancer, battling in the school yard. To preserve the secrecy of the war, Lancer mortally wounds him; but a girl who up until now seemed a normal classmate of his, Tōsaka Rin, saves his life using a magical pendant. As he continues home, bewildered, Lancer attacks him again. Just before he's about to die for good, the servant Saber appears before him, greeting him with the words "I ask of you, are you my master?"

Inexorably, he is drawn further and further into the Grail War...

Genres: action, drama, fantasy, romance, supernatural
Themes: harem, martial arts, war
Episodes: 24
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)
Slashrose1010
You made a thread for Eureka Seven? o-o

Anyway, that seems pretty interesting. Maybe I will DL some along with Gallery Fake as my two new ongoing anime series biggrin.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jan 31 2006, 05:45 PM) [snapback]345290[/snapback]

You made a thread for Eureka Seven? o-o

Yah, it's right here
mei_tenshi
It sounds intriguing. I've acquired the four episodes, so I'll probably watch them tonight and come back with my impression of it.

edit: So far so good. I like how it's proceeding, though I can't help but compare it to Zatch Bell, what with humans magic-users getting caught up in a war with champions to fight off other champions. Fate/stay Night is definitely much better, though. The characters are rounded, with lots of room for development, and the plot feels pretty solid. I like it. *thumbs up*
Ronaldo Rodregez
I started watching when it showed up, but I'm not that into it.
edsgirl
I'm not really all that into it yet. Like mei mei said, it reminds me too much of Zatch Bell. It also reminds me of Loveless too.
I do like how they have the seperate classes of sorcerers. So far I've only taken a liking to Archer and Rin.
Slashrose1010
I have never seen Zatch Bell or Loveless, but maybe I should...

As for Fate Stay Night, I think it is alright so far. I will watch it a bit to see how it develops.
Carnal Malefactor
I think it has a lot of potential as a story, but it's kind of going through the motions right now. Not many anime start off quickly nowadays.
Blitz
I was gonna make a thread on this anime but looks like someone beat me to it! biggrin.gif So far I've only seen the first episode but I heard it's very interesting. The animation quality is superb in my opinion.
kenderoth
I liked lovless but I don't like the more childrens zatch bell Anime and fate stay night was okay and i like the plot. It moved along well to me it was a good pick.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(kenderoth @ Feb 8 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]347847[/snapback]

I liked lovless but I don't like the more childrens zatch bell Anime and fate stay night was okay and i like the plot. It moved along well to me it was a good pick.

you might want to take a look at this.
Blitz
^ .... laugh.gif Hahahahaha... *wipes away a tear*
MasterKris
I watched Fate/stay Night and I say.... it's confusing until the 3rd episode.... I don't like the main character and like others had said, it's too much like Zatch Bell. The anime has a REALLY serious mood around and has a dark atmosphere. The animation is superb though, it's one of the best I've seen. I think I'll watch it more since I'm only around the beginning.
Blitz
Fate/Stay Night 6 and 7 are out. Heads up for everyone.
MasterKris
Geez... I watched the 3rd epi of Fate/stay NIght and I clearly do NOT like those confusing rules. Once they said, it is impossible to give up your positon as a Master. Now they said, yes, you can give up ur position as Master but that is the cowards way out.
ONE AT A TIME!! THESE RULES ARE CONFUSING!
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 19 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]352003[/snapback]

Geez... I watched the 3rd epi of Fate/stay NIght and I clearly do NOT like those confusing rules. Once they said, it is impossible to give up your positon as a Master. Now they said, yes, you can give up ur position as Master but that is the cowards way out.
ONE AT A TIME!! THESE RULES ARE CONFUSING!

I agree, Fate/Stay is quite confusing at some parts... o_O
Carnal Malefactor
GACK... I just saw a major spoiler that I really didn't want to see.

Don't go looking for the servants' true names. ph34r.gif
Slashrose1010
They have true names? huh.gif

[spoiler]I read that someone was like, Julius Caesar or something like that in a past life, but I don't know if that is what you mean. I forget if that was even the right historical person and I forget which servant it was for[/spoiler]

I did see all the servants though biggrin.gif They seem pretty cool. I am interested to see Caster and I think I read/spoiler a spoiler for her sad.gif

Oi, and I am not sure if anyone else has seen something special pertaining to Assassin and Saber, yet.

But all of this cool stuff that I shouldn't have seen has wet my appetite, so I shall continue watching I guess :3
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 6 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]359488[/snapback]

Are you talking about Assassin? mei only saw looked up who he actually was in history, but she hasn't done any serious research...But if it'll be spoilerish, she'd rather not.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Mar 7 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]360043[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ Mar 6 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]359488[/snapback]

Are you talking about Assassin? mei only saw looked up who he actually was in history, but she hasn't done any serious research...But if it'll be spoilerish, she'd rather not.

No, I'm talking about Archer. That's something I'm pretty sure people who haven't read the VN/played the game weren't supposed to know.
edsgirl
I think I know what your talking about, Bacon, but I'm not going to spoil it here. Even if I put spoiler tags, they'd probably look anyway.
MasterKris
Wha?? I'm confused.... how far behind AM I?
I need to start downloadin' again....
mei_tenshi
What's the most recent episode, anyway? mei's not sure how updated her "source" is.
edsgirl
I just saw episode 9 a couple of hours ago. I don't know if that's the most current or not.
Carnal Malefactor
Yah, it's 9. The last part of the episode is pretty stupid, but the Caster/Rider fight is pretty intense.

I'm still kicking myself for reading that friggin' spoiler. mad.gif
Slashrose1010
Ep 9? I wonder what subber your guys get it from. I get mine from AonE *I think*. I haven't checked for updates in awhile, though. I must wait for my either anime to finish, which is taking forever. Why are older, english voiced animes always in OGM format, damnit...
Blitz
^I get Fate/stay from Mahou...

Episode 10 should come out soon...
MasterKris
^Me too!

Anyone finds Sakura REALLY annoying?? She pisses me off everytime she appears!
Carnal Malefactor
Episode 10 was pretty much a filler. dry.gif
Zarpia
uhm! Since I have nothing better to download I might see this one. were do you all get this from?
Carnal Malefactor
For those who have been getting this series from Mahou... I have no idea what their hang-up is, but Eclipse is still subbing it. I'm downloading #11 right now.
Alchemic Boom
Ah, I love this anime. It's actually got a great story and character development, the only thing I don't really like about it is that some parts tend to be very slow. But the great fight scenes make up for that. Kind of like the game, though I can't fully say that since I've only played the demo. I don't exactly want to play the game itself due to the fact that it is a H-Game...

I've only seen up to episode 11 which is at the moment I believe the latest one subbed. I have a question but I'm not sure if it should be a spoiler or not so I'll just go on the safe side...

[spoiler]I've been wondering this for a while but how is Shinji Matou a master? I thought he couldn't perform magic since it had died out in his family line but he summoned Rider somehow which takes quite a bit of magic skill. [/spoiler]
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Mar 19 2006, 11:53 PM) [snapback]366047[/snapback]

Ah, I love this anime. It's actually got a great story and character development, the only thing I don't really like about it is that some parts tend to be very slow. But the great fight scenes make up for that. Kind of like the game, though I can't fully say that since I've only played the demo. I don't exactly want to play the game itself due to the fact that it is a H-Game...

I've only seen up to episode 11 which is at the moment I believe the latest one subbed. I have a question but I'm not sure if it should be a spoiler or not so I'll just go on the safe side...

[spoiler]I've been wondering this for a while but how is Shinji Matou a master? I thought he couldn't perform magic since it had died out in his family line but he summoned Rider somehow which takes quite a bit of magic skill. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]His family still has a madou tome, which he uses for his conjurations.[/spoiler]

Whooo! Ep. 11 is awesome! Shirou finally stops acting like a n00b... and Rider is just the hottest thing ever. ohmy.gif
Blitz
WTF...? Mahou better do some kinda mass release or something... Better get Eclipse's version...

My brother and I are speculating about Saber's real name. We think it's [spoiler] Joan of Arc [/spoiler]
Carnal Malefactor
That's not it. Good guess, though.
Blitz
^ >.<;; D'oh!
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I just watched the first episode. I thought it was confusing, but hopefully it will clear up soon. I have a question if someone could answer

it. Who owns rights to Fate/Stay Night? And what are the chances of Adult Swim picking it up? With Fullmetal Alchemist ending sad.gif and

Samurai Champloo also ending, what anime will there be to watch. I don't watch Inuyasha, but I heard it's on it's last season as well. And

with Neon Genesis Evangelion with only a few episodes left, what will Adult Swim do?
Alchemic Boom
Just thought if anyone wanted to know Fate/Stay Night Episode 12 is now out on YouTube.

@Vash_the_Gunslinger- I doubt we'll be seeing Fate/Stay Night on Adult Swim anytime soon but possibly later in the future. I believe Geneon and Type-Moon own the rights.
MasterKris
^You watch it on YouTube??

Man, how far behind am I?? From up to the episodes I seen, is when Rider and Saber fights
Blitz
Episode 13 is out by Eclipse. Mahou seriously needs to get its ass in gear...
mei_tenshi
[spoiler]After seeing Saber whip out Excalibur during the fight with Rider on the rooftop, mei had a feeling that she has some connection with King Arthur, but for her to be King Arthur?! As a girl, mei finds that totally awesome. =D It's somewhat sad to see Rider go, though. She was interesting.[/spoiler]
MasterKris
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Apr 2 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]373566[/snapback]

[spoiler]After seeing Saber whip out Excalibur during the fight with Rider on the rooftop, mei had a feeling that she has some connection with King Arthur, but for her to be King Arthur?! As a girl, mei finds that totally awesome. =D It's somewhat sad to see Rider go, though. She was interesting.[/spoiler]

Ummm... umm.... K*N* *R**UR?????? blink.gif
[SPOILER]Yeah, it was disappointing to see Rider go. But in my case, not b/c I miss her. SHE'S GONE ALREADY???? Wow that was fast. I think Shinji will make a comeback in the Holy Grail War somenow.[/spoiler]
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 3 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]374013[/snapback]
Ummm... umm.... K*N* *R**UR?????? blink.gif
Ah, sorry! That was in Episode 13--probably should've indicated that. >_<

More on the above:
[spoiler]It's not 100% certain that she is, since that side of Saber is shown through Shirou's dream, and for the sake of weird twists the army might've meant a different "King Arthur" rather than Saber as Arturia...but that seems a little far-fetched. Then again, KingArthur!Saber is pretty off the wall, too.[/spoiler]
Slashrose1010
[spoiler]Yeah, it was kind of odd and surprising to see Saber as King Arthur or close to such a figure. I was surprised that Rider was wiped out already, but I am not so sure she is gone for good. It is true that Servants can't act without Masters and that Shinji was killed by Ilya, but I don't know... Maybe I am just refusing to see her leave. Oh well, I want to see some more of Assassin, even though he doesn't seem that interesting... He seems to be very flat charactered and kind of cliche so far, but that was only one episode.[/spoiler]
Blitz
Episode fourteen out by Eclipse.

[spoiler] Wahhh! Archer dies... *sob*[/spoiler]
MasterKris
QUOTE(Blitz @ Apr 8 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]376391[/snapback]

Episode fourteen out by Eclipse.

[spoiler] Wahhh! Archer dies... *sob*[/spoiler]

Okay, I shouldn't have read that...
Quistis88
Ok, I think I'm finally caught up with this one. I have refrained from spoiling myself by not searching for any fansites that might give anything away.

[spoiler]Though with Saber's case, it was kind of obvious that the sword would be Excalibur, because there really isn't anything else in history that can involve such a special sword.[/spoiler]
Also, has anyone figured out Rider's identity? Based on how Berserker is apparently Heracles, I have deduced that:

[spoiler]Greek/Roman mythological characters will probably be used more than once. Rider must then be Medusa, as many pieces of evidence point to it, like the cover on her eyes, and how her Noble Phantasm is a winged horse. Pegasus sprung from the blood of Medusa's neck after Perseus decapitated her, and Rider needed to get some stabby action going on with her neck before she uses her Noble Phantasm.[/spoiler]
Blitz
Mahou finally did a mass release. Up to epi 13. Still a bit behind, though.
Carnal Malefactor
They gave away way too many clues about Archer's identity in the last episode. This series is beginning to disappoint me.
Blitz
Fate/stay night epi 15 out. ^Anyhoo, I didn't realize who Archer was until my brother told me. Then the clues added up... Very o_O
New opening. More upbeat than the previous one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.