Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 44 Hoenhiem Of Light
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
Wraths_Right_Arm
how do you think that Hoenhiem is going respond to the condition of his sons? last time he saw them they were nothing but flesh and bone now its pulled a 180. do you think he will be pissed off?
Colette
I don't think he'll be mad. I think Ed will >_>
ed's numbuh 1 fan
hey um... did you read this yet? here
that thread was made by a member named Tombow and it has in it a list of all the remaining episodes and who posted there and asked if they could open a topic thread and i asked for 44 and 45. could you next time read and maybe more observent? it saves much confusion. and this was originally suposed to be my thread unsure.gif
Wraths_Right_Arm
QUOTE(ed's numbuh 1 fan @ Jan 28 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]344318[/snapback]

that thread was made by a member named Tombow and it has in it a list of all the remaining episodes and who posted there and asked if they could open a topic thread and i asked for 44 and 45. could you next time read and maybe more observent? it saves much confusion. and this was originally suposed to be my thread unsure.gif

sorry **im new to the forum** i didnt know that someone had -claimed- the episodes as there own. if theres a way to delete threads i will. is there?
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
dang...thats messed up, ed's numbuh 1 fan was suppose to get this thread.....anyways, ONLY LESS THAN 4 HOURS TILL THE EPISODE AIRS ON ADULT SWIM!! WOOHOO!!....START THE COUNTDOWN PPL! lol ...if you all want to happy.gif
Sikiu-San
HAHA xD this is such a funny episode XXDDD It will be fun to see how the english voice actors did laugh.gif <33 only 4 more hours to go for me ph34r.gif
Full Metal Elf
Well....I guess this will be used as the official thread then??

Anyway...I can't wait to see this dubbed. I LOVE this episode! happy.gif....I hope Vic and guys do their job....they're good, so I'm sure this will be great! happy.gif
Shi-chan
This is the talk-back thread now huh...oh well. (Hopefully next week the peron who is suppose to make it is able to...)

Anyway! Wee, I get to see more of Hoho-san! Only 2 hour and 10 minutes to go!!! (>_<)
Ed-Al-Win Fan
Can't wait for the episode either, I'm pretty sure the dubbed version will do a excellent job, they always do in my opinion (lol)
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Wraths_Right_Arm @ Jan 28 2006, 08:17 PM) [snapback]344337[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed's numbuh 1 fan @ Jan 28 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]344318[/snapback]

sorry **im new to the forum** i didnt know that someone had -claimed- the episodes as there own. if theres a way to delete threads i will. is there?

um.. thats okay i did'nt mean to go off into a tangent like that ^^;; sorry if i offended you or anything...guess i did'nt make a very good first impresion to a newbie =_= my bad...well i guess i should be happy i get next saturdays smile.gif anyway...

yesh i really can't wait for this new episode to air even though i say that every saturday but they're just getting so intense now ^^ pluse i'm looking forward to seeing Hohenhiem agian rolleyes.gif and not only that how Edo-kun is going to react once he see's his own father after all these years and hearing Rewrite again laugh.gif
Shi-chan
I cannot wait to see Ed's reaction to his father! Not to mention sweet lil-Alphonse-chans's! Unfourtantly, thanks to the laws of time and space, I shall have too (>_<) ... Speeking of which, 1 hour an' 52 minutes!
vfdj42
AHAHAHAHA THEY FIXED THE OPENING. For some reason, I found it hilarious.
Wyrd_Raven
Told you they'd fix it. cool.gif

So anyone in the mood for LEAPING SALMON?

XD
Full Metal Elf
...OMG!........

The dubbing was GREAT!..Good episode..I have always loved this episode..was impressed!..happy.gif
FullMetalFan#1
man is Hoenhiem a humunculus cause it sounds like it
Full Metal Elf
No...Homunculi can't do alchemy....
Tombow
This was a great episode!!

But, first...

QUOTE(Wraths_Right_Arm @ Jan 28 2006, 07:17 PM) [snapback]344337[/snapback]

Yes, you could have posted here that you made this thread by mistake, and asked everyone to post on ed's numbuh 1 fan's new talk-back thread, then asked any of the mods to delete or close your thread (if you post here and ask mod in the post, then mod would have eventually closed, merged, or deleted this thread,) while giving ed's numbuh 1 fan a chance to open the proper talk-back thread for this episode.

(If you open the talk-back thread, at least please include episode number in the title, so that it is easy to know this is the thread for this week's episode. )

As a reference (to anyone,) here are couple of properly opened talk-back thread examples:
Episode 41 - Holy Mother, Talkback & discussion thread hosted by Nepharski
Episode 39 Discussion, Secret of Ishbal thread hosted by TheVileOne.

Please note that they didn't just sloppily hit the New Topic button with these threads.
They were the "designated hosts" for these threads, and they did justice by preparing nice "opening posts", making sure the thread title included episode number, proper episode title, etc., etc., IMO. smile.gif
Sikiu-San
No hoho is not a humunculus in the anime. In the manga we are not sure yet laugh.gif lots of stuff that does not mesh together but alot of other stuff does not make scence *cough* ANYWAY AWSOME dub ^O^ they did a really good job with all the emotions ^O^ the only thing that threw me was wraths voice. Im use to hearing his japanese voice ^^;;
Ooo did anyone notice Arakawa's little snip in this episode xD?
FullMetalFan#1
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 29 2006, 01:14 AM) [snapback]344422[/snapback]

This was agreat episode!!

But, first...

Yes, you could have posted here that you made this thread by mistake, and asked everyone to post on ed's numbuh 1 fan's proper talk-back thread, then asked any of the mods to delete your thread, while giving ed's numbuh 1 fan a chance to open the proper talk-back thread for this episode.
What do u mean, only ed's numbuh 1 fan can do threads like these wink.gif
the_lightning_alchemist10
GOOD EPISODE!!!! damn i didn't except Ho-ho to be able to make Al minions. and i saw the part with Arakawa's little cow version of her in the famous "fighting panties" from Vol. 1!! laugh.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(FullMetalFan#1 @ Jan 29 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]344413[/snapback]

man is Hoenhiem a humunculus cause it sounds like it

no, he's not a homunculus smile.gif

QUOTE(FullMetalFan#1 @ Jan 29 2006, 02:18 AM) [snapback]344426[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 29 2006, 01:14 AM) [snapback]344422[/snapback]

This was agreat episode!!

But, first...

Yes, you could have posted here that you made this thread by mistake, and asked everyone to post on ed's numbuh 1 fan's proper talk-back thread, then asked any of the mods to delete your thread, while giving ed's numbuh 1 fan a chance to open the proper talk-back thread for this episode.

he/she means that i asked to be able to make this thread because alot of people would want the 'dibs' on the next episode and to make it all fair Tombow made a thread so people could post and ask if they could open a talk-back thread for the new episode so we would'nt post a thread reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally early wanting 'dibs' on it smile.gif

yay! i was hoping this episode would be good and i got my wish! oh joy!! haha poor Hoho getting beat up by Edo-kun X3 for some reason when Alphonse called him 'Dad' it just made say 'awwwwwwwww' i just found it sooooo cute laugh.gif . and Ross having a short lived crush on Hohenheim tongue.gif heehee poor Denny XDD the look on his face was priceless! laugh.gif and now we know that 'Lyra' is actually Dante!! who would have though wink.gif kinda disgusting that Dante's like a living corpes now though O_O and man she must wear some pretty strong perfume to cover up that smell O_< eck . and when Alphonse jumped out of the water like that... that was really...odd it was all sparkly ph34r.gif oh oh and don't forget Edo-kun and Aru-kun finally learn about Hughes's death, and Roy finds out that the Fuhrer is actually a Homunculus!! ohmy.gif

and for the inner-fangirl of me:
yay i see that Edo-kun is finally in new clothes biggrin.gif my avatar is from this episode when he's eating that bread! he looks soooo cute i love his face! XD and yay for when his hair is down! you gotta love when his hair is down biggrin.gif
as you can see i adore fan-service =3
Full Metal Elf
(nods)...a LOT happened in this episode!:

[spoiler]-Roy and gang find out Bradley is a Homunculus
-Ed and Al find out Hughes died..T_T
-Ed and Al meet Hohenheim after 10 years
-Lyra is revealed as Dante...well..actually Dante's soul in Lyra's body.
-We find out that Hohenheim is also truly a powerful alchemist
-Ed digs up Trisha's remains...to use against Sloth...alone... [/spoiler]
Tombow
QUOTE(FullMetalFan#1 @ Jan 29 2006, 01:18 AM) [snapback]344426[/snapback]

@FullMetalFan#1 -

We have a voluntary list of designated "thread hosts" for the talk-back threads for the remaining FMA episodes. On the list, each episode got the designated thread host to open the talk-back thread for that episode, and ed's numbuh 1 fan has been designated to host (open) the talk-back thread for episode 44, and I believe, she had been quite looking forward to hosting the talk-back thread for this episode!!

The "list" of these designated hosts was made by rather a lengthy process in this sub-forum, among members who visit this sub-forum, BEFORE you became member of this board, as a possible solution to some problems we had regarding the opening of talk-back threads (and, the list making process has been kept open to any members who visit this sub-forum, throughout the process.)
Also, it has been useful (that is, when everyone honors designated thread openers on the list,) to prevent situations, such as we are having right now, like, having TWO threads running for the episode 44 simultaneously in this sub-forum, among others. huh.gif

The thread for "the list" is located on the same page with this thread (it has always been there for anyone to see, throughout the list making process, and thereafter,) and the list itself was again posted on the talk-back thread for last week's episode as a reminder for everyone, of the existence of those designated talk-back thread openers.

It is, however, a completely voluntary system, and if anyone decide not to honor the list (and not to honor the wishes of members designated as the talk-back thread hosts,) then that is up to the individual members, but I personally hope that people here can honor the members on the list as the designated hosts/talk-back thread opener, (or, have some other means,) to have ordery talk-back discussions for the remaining FMA episodes. smile.gif

ETA: For your info, (or in case anyone is too lazy to even click on the link, laugh.gif ) copying part of the first page of "the list thread." smile.gif

Well, the list is all filled now, and here is the final list of designated talk-back thread starters. smile.gif
(For all those who volunteered to be the talk-back thread hosts, thank you!! )

List of designated thread hosts to open talk-back thread for the remaining Fma episodes:

Ep 37: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 38: TheVileOne
Ep 39: TheVileOne
Ep 40: Nepharski
Ep 41: Nepharski
Ep 42: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 43: vfdj42
Ep 44: ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ep 45: ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ep 46: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 47: Nepharski
Ep 48: vfdj42
Ep 49: theothersin
Ep 50: Jen_Elric

Note: I'm intentionally omitting the Final episode (episode 51) from the list, in case too many people would express their interests to open the thread for the final episode.
Please decide democratically for the Final episode (episode 51.) in some other way. sleep.gif

Hopefully, everyone will honor the designated thread host each week. smile.gif

Singhay
When Ed was screaming for Al because Al fell into the water... It was very good voice acting. LOL and Hohenheim's Light Alchemy = wish there was more in the series. If Ed picked that up... that'd be so sweet.
Tombow
I'm watching the episode second time. This episode is awsome!! happy.gif

Gahaha, that "milk" sccene with Ho-ho and Ed is so funny!! laugh.gif

Oh, yes, the "colon" again!! unsure.gif

And, Ed and Al finally found out about Houghes!! ohmy.gif
Full Metal Elf
Hahaha! The milk part was great! Vic did a good job with it...happy.gif...
Tombow
I liked the little father-son conversation time Al had with Ho-ho. smile.gif
Ho-ho (to Al): "With the Philosophers' Stone, you can attach your soul to other body..."

But, I'm also glad Ed punched Hoho!! He deserves it!! smile.gif
anubism
do you guys no where i could get that new symbol on the opening credtis of the new episodes.
E-N-V-Y
QUOTE(anubism @ Jan 29 2006, 06:03 AM) [snapback]344500[/snapback]

do you guys no where i could get that new symbol on the opening credtis of the new episodes.

Just tell me from which openning and I'll try to get it for you...
Tombow
QUOTE(anubism @ Jan 29 2006, 07:03 AM) [snapback]344500[/snapback]

You mean this one?
[attachmentid=3384]
Jen_Elric
I just need to say that when it's my time to open a talk-back thread, NO NEWBIE BETTER STEAL IT!! I WANT episode 50!!!

Ok...now that that's off my chest...
TOTALLY AWESOME EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it! When Ed punched Hoho, so priceless! And they finally found out about Hughes. It was so sad when ed said, "He was my friend.". And I was almost in tears when Ed was digging up his mother's remains, by himself! And we finally find out that Lyra is Dante. Awesome alchemy by Hoho! I loved the Als he created to fight Dante's stone men.
Oh yeah! And we also find out Bloch really likes Ross! He was so cute.
And no one mentioned Armstrong keeping those other guys at bay by showing them what his muscles could do. XD
And I saw the little cow thing and I was like, "Arakawa-sensei's cow! From the manga! XDXD".

Can't wait!! These episode are definetely getting scarier.
Paige
I know biggrin.gif Ed punching his Dad was totally priceless, lmao! I snorted with laughter... Hehehe... happy.gif
I haven't quite figured out why Ed was digging up his Mother's remains... X_x

Yeah.. Poor Ed and Al sad.gif I can't believe they just found out about it...

Anyways, I thought this episode was totally frawesome. I hate AdultSwim for not playing it every night at midnight! I use to stay up and watch it dry.gif Grrr... Well can't wait 'till next weekend! happy.gif
Chopper Enthusiast
A boring, yet informative episode.

You can see Armstrong isn't so keen on accepting that Bradley is Pride.

We now know that Dante killed Greed, and not Lyra. So Lyra was the one on the floor all massacred-like.

Gluttony is scared of just about everything nowadays.

And Ed has decided to stop being a puss and accept that he has to kill Sloth.

I wonder which part of his mom he pulled out. I mean if the bacteria has broken down all the flesh, it shouldn't be too grizzly. So he'll be throwing a bone at Sloth, or a haunch of rotting meat...
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Jan 29 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]344537[/snapback]
I wonder which part of his mom he pulled out. I mean if the bacteria has broken down all the flesh, it shouldn't be too grizzly. So he'll be throwing a bone at Sloth, or a haunch of rotting meat...

Well...it fit in what looked like a large lipstick container.
[spoiler]I thought it was a small bone or a finger maybe. The whole rotting meat thing actually crossed my mind too while watching the episode.[/spoiler]
Also found it surprising, she didn't have a coffin... But then again Ed and Al can't go out coffin-shopping exactly at that time.
Full Metal Elf
No..that was not Lyra on the floor at Dante's place...that was just the body of the previous person Dante inhabited. Don't forget, Hohenheim said to Dante, "So, Lyra is the name of that body.." or something along those lines. So, Dante switced her soul from that old woman's body to the body of Lyra...which would have killed Lyra anyway.
Sword Alchemist
Denny was so adorable in this episode. He's all jealous of Hoenhiem for the attention Maria is giving him. laugh.gif
Aleclom
Yeah, awesome episode! I have a question, though. What were those Al minions made out of that Hoenhiem created? Were they like ice, or what? That kinda confused me.
Dreakon
QUOTE(Paige @ Jan 29 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]344532[/snapback]

Ah, I didnt quite get it myself till I read this thread. wink.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
very interesting episode....very funny too, when ed was running towards his dad and then he punched him...haha, i know it might not be funny to alot of other ppl but it was funny to me..so yeah. What was Ed digging up out of his momma's grave? Was it her remains? like her bones or whatever....if it was, then how did he get through the coffen or w/e his mom was barried in?
Singhay
QUOTE(Aleclom @ Jan 29 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]344571[/snapback]

Yeah, awesome episode! I have a question, though. What were those Al minions made out of that Hoenhiem created? Were they like ice, or what? That kinda confused me.

Light foo! Why do you think he's called Hohenheim of Light?! LOL He alchemizes light to his destruction. I'm guessing by condensing it... I onno I tried thinking how he does it but I just gave up and said "its still badass"
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Jan 29 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]344614[/snapback]

very interesting episode....very funny too, when ed was running towards his dad and then he punched him...haha, i know it might not be funny to alot of other ppl but it was funny to me..so yeah. What was Ed digging up out of his momma's grave? Was it her remains? like her bones or whatever....if it was, then how did he get through the coffen or w/e his mom was barried in?

Yep, poor Ed diggin' up momma's remains...and yeah I was wondering what happened to the coffin. Maybe they just threw her into the ground? Not saying that in a way that Ed and Al don't care but...seriously I don't think she has a coffin or anything.

As for the whole light thing basically what Singhay said. HE HOHO-PAPA OF TEH LIGHT. So he controls light somehow...I mean it wouldn't be nearly as awesome if they just made him be able to fix lightbulbs and control lamps.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Paige @ Jan 29 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]344532[/snapback]

I know biggrin.gif Ed punching his Dad was totally priceless, lmao! I snorted with laughter... Hehehe... happy.gif

because... [spoiler] sloth is Edward and Alphonse's homunculus and so she is weaked by her previous body or remains of it so hence he was digging up Trisha's bones...[/spoiler]

QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Jan 29 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]344537[/snapback]

not only was that extremly disgusting O_< but it HAS been over 6 some years =_=

QUOTE(Aleclom @ Jan 29 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]344571[/snapback]

well they don't call Hohenheim 'Hohenheim of Light' for nothin' happy.gif

when Edo-kun was digging up Trisha's remains, that was sooooooooo sad i kept saying no,no,no,no!! it must have been so hard on him, having to dig up your own mothers bones ;_; poor Edo-kun!! sad.gif you have to feel bad for him! ;_;
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(Alchemic Boom @ Jan 29 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]344623[/snapback]

QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Jan 29 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]344614[/snapback]

Yep, poor Ed diggin' up momma's remains...and yeah I was wondering what happened to the coffin. Maybe they just threw her into the ground? Not saying that in a way that Ed and Al don't care but...seriously I don't think she has a coffin or anything.

As for the whole light thing basically what Singhay said. HE HOHO-PAPA OF TEH LIGHT. So he controls light somehow...I mean it wouldn't be nearly as awesome if they just made him be able to fix lightbulbs and control lamps.

lol! that would be soo bold if they just threw their momma into the ground and that whoever barried her wouldnt even care and just barried her in the ground! LOL! oh god! that is funny!...oh man...i know thats messed up that im laughing at that if that wouldve happened, but dang...thats funny!...i laugh at stupid, serious, and of course funny things for some reason. Thats not a good thing for laughing at serious stuff but oh well, its like an automatic thing for me. lol
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
oh and just to prevent from someone getting my thread for episode 46, im going to post my thread up EARLY!! i dont care what anyone says about its too early! or w/e...so yeah im going to post my thread up early like maybe on the wednesday of next week (the week after THIS week)
Fayth Prophecy
I loved this episode^^ It's definately on my number one episodes list...if I even started writting up one.
But it was pretty hilarious when Ed and AL reunited with Hohenheim, and Ed went off on him for flirting with Lt. Ross, and then the milk thing!!
But all in all, I loved the episode^^
Tidal Wave
I really loiked this episode, u get to see Ed and Al interact with Hohenheim. I loved the Milk joke esspecially. Hohenhiem using Alchemiy and finding out that he is just like Dante to where they have to keep re-using bodies via the philosipher's stone.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Tidal Wave @ Jan 29 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]344712[/snapback]

I really loiked this episode, u get to see Ed and Al interact with Hohenheim. I loved the Milk joke esspecially. Hohenhiem using Alchemiy and finding out that he is just like Dante to where they have to keep re-using bodies via the philosipher's stone.

he did'nt say that at least... i don't think... huh.gif and please use spoiler tags next time some people have not seen the entire series sad.gif
theothersin
Fullmetalalchemist01fan, don't double post, just edit the last one.

Wow...two weeks worth of talk-back threads taken by newbies...*pulls out signiture mauling book* If anyone takes my thread...they'll be very sorry....afterall, it's the only one I'm hosting.
Note: My signiture mauling book isn't very signiture here is it? That's good, I haven't had to beat anyone with it on this forum. Fear the wrath of my large book, make me angry enough and I shall hit you over the head with it. Yes, I'm evil and horribly critical, but it's fun.

Ed and Al finally find out Hughes is dead...like twenty episodes after it happens...how sad...not quite as sad as Ed having to dig up Trisha's remains. That's enough to scar someone for life. The coffin issue bugs me too...they should of used coffins in that time period...or maybe Ed just used alchemy to make a hole in the coffin....I can't think about it, too sad.

Dante is revealed! Mwaha! Lust is still pined to a wall, I have a strong feeling that she won't be with us very long. Gluttony's favorite word lately is "scared" isn't it...he should talk more....if he can that is.....

Where the heck is Envy! He just went 'poof' and dissapeard. Hopefully he'll show up soon, I want to know what he's up to.

ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(theothersin @ Jan 29 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]344721[/snapback]

Lust is still pined to a wall, I have a strong feeling that she won't be with us very long. Gluttony's favorite word lately is "scared" isn't it...he should talk more....if he can that is.....

would you like it if he said 'Can i eat him?' more agin tongue.gif he never really said anything before this either, maybe it's because Lust is'nt there to protect him anymore =_= and yes sadly Lust...poor Lust... why does all the homunculi that i actually like get killed off all the time!! =___=

Where the heck is Envy! He just went 'poof' and dissapeard. Hopefully he'll show up soon, I want to know what he's up to.

i know! the last time we ever saw him was all the way back to episode 38: With the River's Flow!! but my opinion...i really don't care what happens to that palm tree >_>
TheFlameAlchemist
Sooooooooo Funny: this is going on my fav list now.

Ed's fist + Hoho's Face = Tottally Priceless
Hoho was Flirting with Ross!!! OMFG!!!!
and then the Lyra(Dante) thing, I was freaking out!!! hoho vs. Dante, this is gonna be good, and I think I know why Ed is digging up His mom's Remains, think the Lust Locket thing, you'll get it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.