Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Live Action Deathnote
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga
alphonsethearmoredone
My freind from japan told me today that they are makeing a live action T.V show based on the deathnote manga! My all time favorite manga! Im so sad I live in america sad.gif I want to watch it! She said its cast is full of vary good famous japanese actors. The one who plays Raito has won many awards and prizes for being such a good actor she said.

Anyone know info on this? or how I could get it online? I soooo want to watch! biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
I have no idea. But my first reaction to this subject was totally, "OMG, YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"
mei_tenshi
^ Ditto.

Anything concerning Death Note has great potential, imo. happy.gif
alphonsethearmoredone
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Jan 27 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]344030[/snapback]

^ Ditto.

Anything concerning Death Note has great potential, imo. happy.gif

I know. She told me and Im like "REALY!? That is so cool!!"
mei_tenshi
Uh huh. Do you know who's playing who? So I can look up their pictures?
alphonsethearmoredone
no, sorry. She didn't tell me. just that he is vary famous but that I would have never heard of him any way since he is a japanese actor.
Ailuro
Light: Fujiwara Tatsuya (From Battle Royale. He was Shuya Nanahara)
IPB Image

and

L: Matsuyama Kenichi (does anyone know what he has been in?)
Our future L
IPB Image

They should switch roles in my opinion. huh.gif

And who can forget:
Soichiro Yagami: Takeshi Kaga
IPB Image

- Taken from Livejournal which was taken from here which was actually taken from this place.
alphonsethearmoredone
My freind was right. I have never heard of them. lol who are they? got a link with info? I can't find anything.
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 28 2006, 02:45 AM) [snapback]344139[/snapback]
I think so too. Maybe it's just the particular photos, but Matsuyama Kenichi looks more sinister...and Light-ish.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Jan 29 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]344560[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 28 2006, 02:45 AM) [snapback]344139[/snapback]
I think so too. Maybe it's just the particular photos, but Matsuyama Kenichi looks more sinister...and Light-ish.

I think it's just the hairstyles in the particular photos. With the actual character acting/makeup/costumes, etc, they'll do fine.

Wonder who's gonna play MisaMisa. And Ryuk! *Giggly*
Ailuro
IPB Image
Another picture of "Light".
edsgirl
I had to make sure I saw this thread right.

Okay, it's true! ohmy.gif I'm not eve sure what to think.

This is amazing news. My day is now filled with happiness. I've seen the guy who played L somewhere before. It's going to bother me now if I don't find out.
Blitz
*gasp* HOLY CRAP~ Live action Death Note!!!! I wanna see... laugh.gif

Funny how there's a live action before an actual anime.
MasterKris
WHOAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope this live action won't freak me out.. like how the Bleach musical did to me...
Man!! The actor who does Light looks awsome!! And L looks so coolz~ I can't predict how Ryuku would look...

*gasp* HOLY CRAP~ Live action Death Note!!!! I wanna see...

Funny how there's a live action before an actual anime.

True, now that I think about it... I can't imagine how DN would look like as an anime...
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jan 30 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]344967[/snapback]

Man!! The actor who does Light looks awsome!! And L looks so coolz~ I can't predict how Ryuku would look...

Now that you mention it, I'm beginning to wonder how Ryuuku will look...
alphonsethearmoredone
L,
IPB Image
IPB Image
I think they look alike.

okay whats the image code on this site? this is annoying.

Ailuro: Fixed it for ya.
MasterKris
img with []
picture
/img with []
would be it
Ailuro
QUOTE(alphonsethearmoredone @ Jan 30 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]345002[/snapback]

L,
IPB Image
IPB Image
I think they look alike.

Oh~ You're right. ohmy.gif
I can't wait!
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jan 30 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]344967[/snapback]

True, now that I think about it... I can't imagine how DN would look like as an anime...

Actually it was just the other day that I was thinking about how much fun it would be to direct Deathnote as an anime. I'd love to go all artsy wiht the direction.
alphonsethearmoredone
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 30 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]345015[/snapback]

QUOTE(alphonsethearmoredone @ Jan 30 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]345002[/snapback]

L,
IPB Image
IPB Image
I think they look alike.

I can't wait!

I know! I want to see it so much! But how can I? since im in america. Im so intrested in seeing how they pull this look off
IPB Image
thanks for fixing it. and thanks to MasterKris for posting the code up.
pineapple4brains
This sounds awesome...

It's sad that I will probably never see it though...

sad.gif
Ailuro
I'm sure there will be a few subs of it floating around after it's released.
alphonsethearmoredone
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 31 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]345208[/snapback]

I'm sure there will be a few subs of it floating around after it's released.

I hope so. No clue were to get them at though. My freind said its starting early this summer.
edsgirl
DeathNote is pretty popular, so I'm sure someone will step up to sub it. I'm sure there will be plenty of links floating around when the time comes.
alphonsethearmoredone
QUOTE(alphonsethearmoredone @ Jan 31 2006, 01:41 AM) [snapback]345168[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 30 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]345015[/snapback]

L,
IPB Image
IPB Image
I think they look alike.

I can't wait!

I know! I want to see it so much! But how can I? since im in america. Im so intrested in seeing how they pull this look off
IPB Image
thanks for fixing it. and thanks to MasterKris for posting the code up.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Compare Light, and Light.
Wasabi Alchemist
Oooohhhh.... I so want to see this!! I also wonder how they'll pull off Ryuk...
MasterKris
Perhaps a mask and gel-ed hair might do the trick? And for the floating part, they would say, "For technacle difficulties, Ryuk will not be flying cause he had an accident last night involving some politic problems with some hidious hobo."
alphonsethearmoredone
So any one hear anymore on this subject?
alphonsethearmoredone
look what I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXxmx44N5EM...ch=death%20note

Wish I knew what they were saying. can anyone translate for me?
MasterKris
^Plez don't double post.

I found a better version of the live action trailer.
http://trinityblood.net/animagik9/konosono/?p=433#more-433

Things to say:
-Yay, computer-effect clouds~
-Red Hot Chili Peppers!!!
-Dude, is THAT suppose to be Light's dad???????????????? blink.gif
-Like the modified voice of L
-Tell me wrong, Light's actor is 23.
-Yay..................... Ryuk voice suckssssss.......... AND THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE HIM??? HE LOOKS FAKE!! FAKE!! FAKE I TELL YA!! JUST A CHEAPO BOUGHT FROM E-BAY!!
-L looks coolz man, but Light's actor just seems....... old.............
-They all seem old.
-Acting fails
-Overall, the trailer seems cool. The 'fear me' stuff around and the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS background music, hope the trailer proves the right thing and I hope the movie is just as good. (cause who wanna watch a movie where characters just sit there all day thinking and talking??) *xxxHOLiC's movie failed me*

GIVE IT UP!! FOR THE LIVE ACTION! AND THEIR CRAP ACTING!!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/Kon...damnawesome.jpg
RoseWithThorns
^ There's a quick shot of him in the new trailer. happy.gif You should check it out. It's a LOT better than the first trailer.
alphonsethearmoredone
anyone seen it yet? or know were i can download it at? I so wish i lived in japan so i could see it.
MasterKris
^Mabye someone will upload it on youtube, or check out on Death Note sites or livejournals.
Blitz
Eto..... The first ten minutes of the Death Note movie anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzRmqg7Ye0M...ch=death%20note
MasterKris
^Wah!! Thank you!! >_<

Thievesvinegar
I still skeptical. I'm not going to watch it, or that's what i tell myself. There's no coherent reason, but I think the live action's gonna ruin it for me. But I"m probably going to watch it one evening out of sheer curiosity and bordem.
EniviD EiraM
I heard about this before but I don't have any idea what the actors were like .. my bff said that the actors were great and that Kenichi blah blah looks exactly like L but Light Yagami is not cute at all unlike the anime ... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.