Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Full Metal Alchemist Artwork Requests!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2
FullMetal Shrimp
I made this same topic in the fanWORKS section, but I wanted it in the FanART section, so I am extremely sorry for my stupidity. sad.gif

So anyway, just basically ask me to draw something, from being specific as saying the Edward VS. Greed fight to anything as general as <Insert character's name here>. Hopefully, I will have the drawing up in one to two days, depending on hom many drawings that I may need to draw, because each drawing takes about 2~5 hours to complete depending on the diffivculty of the picture.

Here are a couple of pictures I have already done of Ed, they aren't GREAT, but I'm only 13, I'm still trying. I really screwed up with the face and eyes, but other than that it's decent.

[attachmentid=3344]

I am much more satisfied with this drawing:

[attachmentid=3345]

With that being said, request away. smile.gif

Tombow
FullMetal Shrimp, welcome to our forums!!

Those Ed drawings are totally awsome!! smile.gif
And you are only 13??!! Wow!!

Yeah, Ed vs Greed would be great!!
(Or, Ed vs any of the homunculi sounds good.)
Please take your time. smile.gif
InsaneFangirl
Maybe Younger Ed and Al? *blush*
FullMetal Shrimp
Younger Ed and Al... All right, you got it! happy.gif

I'll try to have 4 or 5 drawings ready by this Tuesday of both Ed fighting Greed and a Younger Ed and Al. I was actually beginning to think that my topic really sucked since no one was posting, but I guess I could be wrong. If anyone else would like to see some drawings of someone/something from Fullmetal Alchemist, or maybe even from any other manga/anime please tell me. smile.gif
Alchemic Boom
Wow...same age as me but ten times better than me. ^^; I love the shading in your drawings, very well done! Edward's automail looks great in the second one.

Nyah, I hate to burden you but if you have time I have a request. Could you possibly draw Frank Archer(Pre-Automail)? I can never find any art of him it seems, other than my lousy sketches. If you can draw it, procrastinate as much as you want, I don't mind waits. ^^ Thanks.
SsleepyAlly
You're really good. I'm not making any requests because I don't wanna troube and I kinda like just looking bettter.

Keep up the good work.^^
FullMetal Shrimp
Frank Archer? Sure, sounds fun. happy.gif

Something I would like to add, it's alot more easier on me if you could tell me where to find characters that you want drawn. Also, being specific is great too. Examples: Give me a link to where the picture you want is at, or maybe even the time it appears on the episode, like episode 34 at the time 15:05 is when you see Ed getting his auto-mail smahed up, so that helps too, and I have all the episodes including the movie on my computer, or something such as Alchemic Boom said about Frank Archer "pre-automail," and that helps me quite a bit. This is entirely optional and I'm fine either way, but it's just something that saves me one or two minutes.

And when I'm drawing there are no such things as burdens. I love to draw, I actually want to become a manga artist when I grow up (an interesting dream, I know. happy.gif). And FullMetal Alchemist is my absolute favorite manga/anime, and Arakawa-Sensei's work inspires me to do better. Her drawings are absolutely great and it actually made me consider being a manga artist when I grow up. So drawing Full Metal Alchemist stuff makes me feel closer to it, and it gives me experience on shading and such to become better at making my own original drawings. So it's not really a burden at all, but something I would like to do on my own free time. But the only funny thing is I've only been drawing for about 3 and a half years. XD
Ed-Al-Win Fan
Neat! Very nice artwork, from such a young artist like yourself...The shading is very good and the style is very nice. smile.gif

I got one you can do...I don't see too much of Nina fanwork, so how about drawing her?...Here's a pic I got from episode 6

Nina

Hope the pic is helpful and you can do this whenever you have free time...I got the FMA episodes as well on my computer, well the english dubs (lol)

Good luck on becoming a Manga/Anime artist, which is by the way a very interesting dream:)

FullMetal Shrimp
I'm sorry it took so long, but I was FINALLY able to start drawing again. I've been quite busy lately such as a book report that was due last friday, and a lot of it had to be drawn, and I try to get as much detail as I can in my art so it took a while. sad.gif

Here is one picture I have done of Greed which was... kind of requested:

[attachmentid=3679]

And here's one I did of Winry and Ed, which the request was Ed and Al when they were younger, and although Ed isn't there, I'm making another drawing of both a younger Ed and Al right now that I hope to have done by Thursday, and another picture of Ed and Al when they were young with their mother.

[attachmentid=3680]

I know these two pictures aren't the best quality from my other two, but my source didn't have as much shading and things as the other two. I guarentee my next ones will be better. smile.gif

After I'm finished with the yound Ed and Al, I'll move on and do a couple of drawings of Frank Archer and then do that one picture of Nina.
Tombow
OMG, those are awsome!! Thank you!!
I'm so looking forward to your Archer drawing, and one with Nina!! happy.gif
Ed-Al-Win Fan
Cool! Those turned out really neat, looks just like Greed in that evil form he has...And I definitely love the young Al and Winry one you drew. The shading is very neat on both of the drawings...I also love that part of the scene when it comes up on the opening with all three of them running like that (lol)...Well anywho keep up the good work! smile.gif
Aleesha Elric
Hey I was wondering could I help maybe? I am pretty good with using paint program, see attachment, and I am 12.

[attachmentid=3724]
WinryDen57
I couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag.....

Good work!
Tombow
@Aleesha Elric - You're only 12!!?? Wow, you did nice job!!
If you like, you can open your own thread, too. smile.gif
ETA: I see you opened your thread. Excellent!!
Hope to see many more of your artwork on your thread!! happy.gif

@FullMetal Shrimp - Sorry for the interruption. happy.gif
BTW, when you get the chance, could you do Scar?? smile.gif
FullMetal Shrimp
Wow, Aleesha Elric, that is really good! I also see that you've made your own topic, and I look forward to your future work. I probably couldn't color no matter how much I tried. sad.gif And thank you everyone for your comments, they mean a lot to me. And sure Tombow, when I'm done with the others I have to do I'll do scar next. happy.gif

And as Aleesha Elric has done in her thread, I shouldn't claim this art as my own. The first two of Edward that I did I found on google by typing in Full Metal Alchemist, XD, which can be found on numerous wallpapers. The other two I found on the Full Metal Alchemist episodes, and if anyone cares, I can post the exact time and episode that my source was from, but the one with Al and Winry is from the beginning of the 3rd openning theme.
Alchemic Boom
Ah! Those are amazing, I love the one of armored Greed! happy.gif Like I said before, please take your time. I'd hate to burden you with all the work you already have, I know the feeling of being backed up because of school too. Teachers just love assigning things at the worst times it seems. dry.gif

@ Aleesha Elric Wow, is that all done on the normal MSPaint program? Amazing! I've tried working with that but have failed a numerous amount of times. Great work. ^^
Aleesha Elric
As I forgot to do in my last post I must say that your art is very good. I dont draw that much myself as I used to now, but the last pic I did was Ed in his boxers wink.gif thanks for everyones comments on my art, and its not always that hard to do colouring. biggrin.gif And yes that was done in my crappy MSapint program. Might get mom to update it someday dry.gif
KiorujiXeroxGurl
OMG! The pictures that was put up in this forum is totally awesome!! I`m speechless!!! ohmy.gif I wish I can do those shading on my pic.. And Aleesha, like I said in my forum, the colouring was totally nice!! Here I got some drawings I like to share too..Hope you guys like it!
FullMetal Shrimp
Wow KiorujiXeroxGurl, those are very nice! Both of them are awesome, keep up the good work. biggrin.gif

Anyway, here is a picture of both a younger Edward and Al. The other one I did only had Winry and Al, and I don't think that that completed the request. unsure.gif

[attachmentid=3756]

I hope you like it. happy.gif

Next I will start on Frank Archer, then Nina, then Scar. And don't worry, this isn't really work for me. I think it's decent practice for if I become a Manga Artist one day.
Hana no Kuroi
Hey, hey! An aspiring manga-ka like me! *high fives* You're pretty good...How long you been drawing? And I might request...>P
FullMetal Shrimp
QUOTE(Hana no Kuroi @ Feb 17 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]351314[/snapback]

Hey, hey! An aspiring manga-ka like me! *high fives* You're pretty good...How long you been drawing? And I might request...>P

Hmmm... I'm guessing that you draw too, and pretty well? *high fives back*... How long I've been drawing? Hmmm... Maybe about 3 and 1/4 years? blink.gif

It's like this... My mother drew really good, and my father did too. Then in 5th grade someone gave me an interest in drawing, so I drew quite a bit, and at first I was terrible, but practice, practice, and I became pretty good... So I guess I got the gene for the potential to draw really good, and at 5th grade I put it to use and improved at a miraculous rate. I know someone that drew since they were about 4 or 5, and they drew a lot, people say he was really good but for some reason I became better. I'm still wondering how this is possible... unsure.gif Now that I think about it, it really hasn't been that long... But I've wanted to be a manga artist for about 3 years now, and my mind is definetely set on that.

And yes, please do request! happy.gif
Hana no Kuroi
....XD Wow, I've been drawing longer than you...Been almost eight years for me, but whatever...

I'll request now...

I'd like Ed, human Al, Winry, Roy, Riza, Lust and Envy all together in chibi form. (Oy, I sound like I'm ordering something McDonalds or something...)

I don't want to waste your time, though...>.>

KiorujiXeroxGurl
Thanks fullmetal shrimp! I hope I can do better like you do! biggrin.gif I dunno Hana.. I've been drawing for.. about.. Hrmm.. Lemme see.. Oh, yeah! Since 10 years old.. I got that inspiration when I saw my friends comic that she made.. It`s called.. Uhh.. It's quite dumb come to think of it, but the story was nice! It was about a.....uhh... umm...shitty story..BLEARGH...I don`t know what is on her mind at that time.. But she drew them nicely.. The shitty also has a cousin called shitto.. I really don`t understand.. But overall.. Her drawing was awesome and the comic strip was funny too! laugh.gif Anyway, that`s how I got inspired to do on artworks.. smile.gif
Hana no Kuroi
QUOTE(KiorujiXeroxGurl @ Feb 17 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]351341[/snapback]

I dunno Hana.. I've been drawing for.. about.. Hrmm.. Lemme see.. Oh, yeah! Since 10 years old..

Really, eh? I've been drawing since I was six...XD
KiorujiXeroxGurl
QUOTE(Hana no Kuroi @ Feb 18 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]351348[/snapback]

QUOTE(KiorujiXeroxGurl @ Feb 17 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]351341[/snapback]

I dunno Hana.. I've been drawing for.. about.. Hrmm.. Lemme see.. Oh, yeah! Since 10 years old..

Really, eh? I've been drawing since I was six...XD

OOooOOOooooHHHhhh..... ohmy.gif SIX? Wow, you must be an amazing artist! Lot`s of experience you had there, what I really mean.. blink.gif smile.gif
FullMetal Shrimp
Ed, human Al, Winry, Roy, Riza, Lust and Envy all together in chibi form... Well, that sure is an interesting request. I've never done chibi before, but I'll give it a try after I'm done all the other requests. It's not wasting my time either. happy.gif I think it will be a fun challenge. Hano no Kuroi, do you think we could see some of your artwork some time? I'm kind of curious, I must admit...
Hana no Kuroi
^ Nah, I'm not that great. XP I need to use guidelines a lot more, so I ain't amazing...

Oh, yeah...I posted an example of my artwork on the thread called, "Something something Your Anime Something"...XD
FullMetal Shrimp
Yeah... We are sort of getting off topic. XD Anyway, I hope someday you start your own topic of your art, it doesn't have to be great. What matters is the time and hard work that went into it, and if you can see that then it's a great piece of art.

Anyway, let's get back on topic...
Tombow
@FullMetal Shrimp - I love your young Ed and Al!!
Wonderful job!! happy.gif

@KiorujiXeroxGurl - I love your drawings, too, but since you posted those on your own thread, let's discuss it there, and leave this thread as the place to showcase FullMetal Shrimp's artwork. (For the future, you can just post your work on your own thread, and that will suffice, I think. happy.gif ) I think your art thread is awsome!! biggrin.gif
maiden_cross
wow...your art is really good ^^ i'm 13 too. my drawing is not very bad but i can't colour like u did TT_TT
could u draw Mustang plz ^^
FullMetal Shrimp
QUOTE(maiden_cross @ Feb 18 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]351597[/snapback]

wow...your art is really good ^^ i'm 13 too. my drawing is not very bad but i can't colour like u did TT_TT
could u draw Mustang plz ^^

Yeah... You might have me confused for Aleesha Elric, she is the one that did the colored pictures. Some people put their art on this thread to, and I'm fine with it, it just looks like it may cause some confusion...

Thank you everyone for your comments, it really means a lot. Now, it looks like I have to draw Frank Archer, the pic of Nina, Scar, Ed, human Al, Winry, Roy, Riza, Lust and Envy in chibi, which sounds like an interesting challenge, and last but not least, Mustang, this is just for my reference. This looks like a very long and lonely weekend... Oh well. I'll get started on this all right away. And, as a favor, if I may, I'd like to ask that everyone please hold their requests for a small time. Right now this looks like a lot of work and I have to squeeze schoolwork all into this too. If lucky, I might be able to finish all of this by Tuesday or Wednesday, so until then please hold the requests. Sorry about this. sad.gif
Hana no Kuroi
QUOTE(FullMetal Shrimp @ Feb 18 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]351679[/snapback]

the pic of Nina, Scar, Ed, human Al, Winry, Roy, Riza, Lust and Envy in chibi, which sounds like an interesting challenge,

Actually, it's just Ed, human Al, Winry, Roy, Riza, Lust and Envy. No Nina or Scar...XD

And you could just PM it to me when you finish it. ^0^
FullMetal Shrimp
Oh... I was reffering to the other people's requests... tongue.gif I know what you wanted, I reviewed your post. Sorry if it sounded wrong. But I guess it's a good thing you corrected me anyway.
Hana no Kuroi
...Oy...*slaps forehead* My bad, my bad...XD
KiorujiXeroxGurl
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 18 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]351416[/snapback]

@KiorujiXeroxGurl - I love your drawings, too, but since you posted those on your own thread, let's discuss it there, and leave this thread as the place to showcase FullMetal Shrimp's artwork. (For the future, you can just post your work on your own thread, and that will suffice, I think. happy.gif ) I think your art thread is awsome!! biggrin.gif

Ohh.. Okay, Tombow.. Since you put it that way, I'll just follow then.. Thank you for saying so.. Hope to see some of your drawings too.. smile.gif

Please do not attach irrelevent images to posts, as this is not intended to be a signature function. Additions to your signature can be made in the control panel.
Fullmeal_freak
That is some awsome pictures im 13 too and i can bearly draw a hand. So if you can please draw me a picture of ed and al that would be nice but if its too hard then just draw me ed Thankyou. biggrin.gif
sapphireangel
Hi! Maybe you can draw Alphonse in armor. Even if I'm a good artist, I needed some help on Alphonse's armor while drawing a picture of al, nina,alexander,and ed to send to the newtype galleries. I begged my sister fo help smile.gif... But hey! I wanna ask you something: How do you post your drawings onto the forums? I'm not really a computer geek...eh heh heh... thanks!
maiden_cross
QUOTE(sapphireangel @ Feb 23 2006, 11:17 AM) [snapback]353707[/snapback]

Hi! Maybe you can draw Alphonse in armor. Even if I'm a good artist, I needed some help on Alphonse's armor while drawing a picture of al, nina,alexander,and ed to send to the newtype galleries. I begged my sister fo help smile.gif... But hey! I wanna ask you something: How do you post your drawings onto the forums? I'm not really a computer geek...eh heh heh... thanks!

You use the attachment, i never used it before, i'm always use Tinypic to host my pics smile.gif
FullMetal Shrimp
I am terribly sorry Alchemic Boom for making you wait so long, as well as all the other people requesting. I've been real busy, and school just really sucks. I have one of those state tests coming up in a couple of weeks so my teachers pile us up with homework for practice for it. dry.gif

Here's your drawing of Frank Archer Alchemic Boom. I can tell you've been waiting, and I'm sorry. sad.gif If you want more drawings of Frank Archer I would be more than happy to draw some up for you.

[attachmentid=3899]

I'll try getting all the other requests in too. And sapphireangel, this is how you put up attachments: First, the attachment you want must be saved into a folder. When adding a new post, Go down to Browse, select a file and click "Add this Attachment." Then, on the attachment that comes up, click add into post, then an attachment ID will come up, and put it somewhere on your post at the place you want it. Then put your post up and there it is. smile.gif

I have a favor to ask all of you, and that is to not steal my work, such as putting it up in your website or something. If you ask me, I'd be more than happy to say yes, unless it's for something REALLY crazy...

And one more thing, I have an idea for a manga, and I'd like to share it with everyone but I am afraid someone might steal it. sad.gif I think it's an awesome idea for a manga, and if I get it drawn out I'd like to put it online. Another problem is that when I grow up, I hope to make my first manga on the idea I have right now, and that would be a problem if I had it online. I also wonder if anyone knows any good ideas for names, because I suck at naming things and people. sad.gif
maiden_cross
QUOTE(FullMetal Shrimp @ Feb 23 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]353785[/snapback]

I am terribly sorry Alchemic Boom for making you wait so long, as well as all the other people requesting. I've been real busy, and school just really sucks. I have one of those state tests coming up in a couple of weeks so my teachers pile us up with homework for practice for it. dry.gif

Here's your drawing of Frank Archer Alchemic Boom. I can tell you've been waiting, and I'm sorry. sad.gif If you want more drawings of Frank Archer I would be more than happy to draw some up for you.

[attachmentid=3899]

I'll try getting all the other requests in too. And sapphireangel, this is how you put up attachments: First, the attachment you want must be saved into a folder. When adding a new post, Go down to Browse, select a file and click "Add this Attachment." Then, on the attachment that comes up, click add into post, then an attachment ID will come up, and put it somewhere on your post at the place you want it. Then put your post up and there it is. smile.gif

I have a favor to ask all of you, and that is to not steal my work, such as putting it up in your website or something. If you ask me, I'd be more than happy to say yes, unless it's for something REALLY crazy...

And one more thing, I have an idea for a manga, and I'd like to share it with everyone but I am afraid someone might steal it. sad.gif I think it's an awesome idea for a manga, and if I get it drawn out I'd like to put it online. Another problem is that when I grow up, I hope to make my first manga on the idea I have right now, and that would be a problem if I had it online. I also wonder if anyone knows any good ideas for names, because I suck at naming things and people. sad.gif

I swear i won't steal your idea! I have many idea for manga but i was too lazy to draw a picture ^^
FMA-Freak
Um, if you are taking requests I have one. Its just a pic of Ed like this.[attachmentid=3901] Or a pic with Ed and Al(Al in armor) back to back with their arms out like there shooting a gun. biggrin.gif
Alchemic Boom
QUOTE(FullMetal Shrimp @ Feb 23 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]353785[/snapback]

[attachmentid=3899]

Ah, arigato! The drawing is lovely and like I said I wouldn't mind if the it took a year to draw, I'd be happy to see it any time. happy.gif Oh and I might as well ask right now while I'm at it, at the moment I'm thinking about making a little Archer site sometime in the future. Could I have your permission to put the picture up in a sort of gallery or fanart section if I ever did make such a site? I'll credit you, don't worry.

As for posting the idea of your manga I believe if you're comfortable with sharing it you should. I certainly wouldn't steal it, I have two large ideas of my own currently. I think another may just make my mind explode. As for the manga itself online, just put a watermark on it, unless you're really a pro it's hard to get some of those erased in my opinion.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's bad with names. blink.gif
FullMetal Shrimp
So many requests... ohmy.gif Sounds challenging though. smile.gif

I guess I'll share my manga idea... I've been thinking about the story a lot, and adding and taking bits of pieces of it, so I'll explain what the first part of it is in a quick summary. I don't have any names for them yet, and if anyone can give me some names that would be great and very highly appreciated. smile.gif

It's basically about a guy who lives in an interesting world. There are people who are able to use the ability of magic, and people who have lost the art long ago. Because of that, people who can not use magic are discriminated against. But then one person stands up and says that this is enough, and he tries to make things better basically for the people who can't use magic. Then the story becomes much more complicated. Then the town where the main character is gets a visit from the person trying to make things better for everyone, because that town is unable to use magic, including the main character. (The main character is also living with a foster parent). The main character overhears a conversation from the other man, and can sense something funny going on. Then the whole town is massacred, but luckily for the main character he was not there at that time. The main character even sees his foster father, but strangely he does not cry, or even feel any sadness. And he does not know the meaning of emotions from what he remembers in his whole lifetime. But, he does not cry because he doesn't care, it's because he can't. He hates himself for it, but he doesn't even know the meaning of hate either. He hears his father's last words and realizes that he must do something about the "man trying to make things better." But later on he finds out that the reason the man did it was not because of his hate for the people that can not use magic, but something else. He learns magic too, which is unheard of because most people don't learn it, but it runs in their genes. He later also finds out the real reason why he has no emotions.
That turned out longer than I had expected... sad.gif The manga will also get very exciting after it gets into detail.

I know it doesn't sound very exciting here, but when I have it all drawn out it will be great, I promise you that. smile.gif If I ever find the time anyway... sad.gif Please tell me what you think of the idea... happy.gif

EDIT: Oh, and about your website, sure, it sounds great. If you want I could draw another one and I will try to make it much more improved. You don't even have to give me credit, but just as long as you tell me that's what you want to do then it's good enough for me. smile.gif
Tombow
@FullMetal Shrimp - Nie drawing of Archer!!
And, I think your idea for manga is awsome!! smile.gif
Ed-Al-Win Fan
That Archer pic turned out REALLY good, I like it. Excellent pic!

And also the idea for your manga, its cool along with very interesting storyline smile.gif
FMA-Freak
The manga idea sounds realy good! It has an interesting plotline. And i don't think people will steal your idea At least i wouldn't. i can't draw a cat to save my life. ( it ends up looking like a blob. biggrin.gif )
FullMetal Shrimp
I've been doing some research on manga artists, and it looks like becoming a manga-ka is very difficult, much more difficult than I thought... I've seen that few mangas get published, and even fewer become well known. Full Metal Alchemist is probably a good example of a great success. Now, I am thinking, I probably can't come close to anything like Full Metal Alchemist, the story and drawings, but even more I doubt it will even become slightly well known, and my pay will suck terribly. I wanted to learn Japanese and make my manga like that, but it doesn't seem that simple. I've read that publishers hardly hire foreigners, and that just plain sucks. sad.gif I love manga, I love drawing them and every little detail about it, and I've had my mind set on it. But I doubt no matter how hard I work, that I will be one of the popular few. I'd have to be really lucky, and I don't think that will happen. I'm thinking about just giving up on manga, a lot of people've worked hard, but that doesn't make them successful. A dream is not a dream if it becomes real, and maybe I should just leave it at that. I love manga, like I said before, and it has been a dream of mine to make something and say "WOW! This manga is really good!" But, should I just keep practicing and possibly face failure in the long run, or just leave it as a failed dream and not waste any more time? This is a tough dilemma and I thought I'd ask the opinions of everyone else before I really do decide to quit. Maybe I should just stick with the requests and nothing further...

Back on Topic: I'll get started on all of these requests right away and will have somewhere between 3-5 drawings done if I'm lucky with school. I apologize for all of this taking so long. unsure.gif
I am the Only sister Elric
I want all who have ever posted a picture to post me their name age and one of THEIR pictures. PLEASE!!!!! i would also love to learn how to shade from Fullmetal Shorty!!!!! TEACH ME!! TEACH ME!!! Oh and where they are from.
Thanks that will help me with noting important but it will be fun to know ever one's ages and see some of their art.
(Just sos ya know i am 13 and i live in Alpine Utah, and i have never posted a picture(because i dont know how) YET!!!!)

dry.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif wink.gif happy.gif huh.gif

I want all who have ever posted a picture to post me their name age and one of THEIR pictures. PLEASE!!!!! i would also love to learn how to shade from Fullmetal Shrimp!!!!! TEACH ME!! TEACH ME!!! Oh and where they are from.
Thanks that will help me with noting important but it will be fun to know ever one's ages and see some of their art.
(Just sos ya know i am 13 and i live in Alpine Utah, and i have never posted a picture(because i dont know how) YET!!!!)

Tombow
(@FullMetal Shrimp - I thought about your post last night, and I came here to post my thoughts on it tonight, but I'll post my thoughts some other time.... )

QUOTE(I am the Only sister Elric @ Feb 26 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]355560[/snapback]

I want all who have ever posted a picture to post me their name age and one of THEIR pictures. PLEASE!!!!!

(Bolding emphasis by me.)

@I am the Only sister Elric - you might want to post that on KiorujiXeroxGur's The Beauty Of Your Own Anime thread where many members are posting their artworks (with KiorujiXeroxGur's invitation) and some chat conversations among them will be somewhat more appropreate, (or start your own chat thread in the forum where chat posts are appropreate.)
I don't think it was a very good idea to post that one above, and here is why, IMO....

If I'm grasping this correctly, this thread is basically for FullMetal Shrimp to take requests for his drawings, and then him to post his artwork in return, and not exactly a thread used for chat among other people (unless, such was initiated by FullMetal Shrimp.)
Therefore, I don't think it is a good manner to invade someone's art thread such as this one, and post a topic that is basically starting a chat between you and other people, unless invited by the author of the thread to do so, or, the thread is an open-invitation thread in nature, such as the one with the link I posted above, or it is your own art thread, or starting your own thread in the forum appropreate for the chat posts.

Furthermore, IMO, it was quite insensitive of you to randomly post this, PARTICULARLY, right after FullMetal Shrimp's serious, somber, and quite "soul-searching" post with serious thoughts on his career, and his life ahead. (Excellent post with which many aspiring artists can relate to, I might add.)
IMO, that shows either you completely ignored and did not read FullMetal Shrimp's above post at all, or, you read it but totally disregarded it and went ahead and posted your post above, neither of which shows you gave much consideration, nor paid respects to, the author's rather serious post.

You are young, so this might be difficult for you, but I hope you will pick up a habbit of taking time to read other people's posts on the thread before you posts, AND give respects to the intention of the thread/thread topics. Please learn to take a moment to see if the post is appropreate before you post. Thank you.
Hana no Kuroi
Wow, that post really got me...-.- As another individual who aspires to travel to Japan and pursue a career of being a manga-ka, I know it wouldn't be easy, trying to learn a language and draw and ink and such while screaming 'DEADLINE!!' over and over again...But no one should ever give up, and that means you, too. *whacks FMS on the head with fan* So what if it doesn't get published? So what if it's not popular? If you enjoy drawing and making a story fit together, and if you think you've done a great job on it, that should be all that matters. Besides, there are some manga publishers in the US trying to create manga and send them overseas for the Japanese to read and such...

*cough* Okay, that's where I stop myself. If I go further, I'll just rant on and on. XD But right, I'm sure you get my point. If you love it, don't think you can't achieve it. (Now I sound like my teachers...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.