Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Movie/series Dvd Release News
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mystique
Hiya, i got an email this morning from some hagaren subscription i made whilst i was in Japan (i don't even remember where it came from)

eitherway the email mentions about the tv series, the books, cd's but what caught my interest (as is everyone) was this piece
★★★★★★★★★★★劇場版DVD、発売決定!!!★★★★★★★★★★★★

待望のDVD化!!
アルフォンスが、アルが、ラングが、エンヴィーが、エッカルトが、
エドが、お茶の間で大暴れ!!

劇場版「鋼の錬金術師 シャンバラを征く者」DVD、今冬発売決定!!

詳細は、今月発売の月刊「少年ガンガン」を、要チェキラッチョチョー!!

translated as basically, the release date has been decided, they're planning to sell the dvd this winter.
For more details, you need to purchase this month's issue of Gangan magazine
(anyone in Japan at the moment!!!!)

that's all i got. Will check out gangan's website later, but yeah, wow that was fast laugh.gif
so maybe a Christmas release,
who knows wink.gif

<Including /series to the thread title. 08/29/07 ~Tombow>
Blitz
ZOMFG! Thank you for telling us!
FullMetal_Stella
Thanks for telling ^__^
Kimi-N-Ed
THANK YOU laugh.gif biggrin.gif
edochick
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O!!!!! THANKYOU!!!!!!!!
Mikage_Elric
OMG OMG OMG OMG. Must buy dvd.
Haruneko_Pichu
WOW! This winter?! God. That kinda sucks. Sorta makes the cam release a waste. wait.NO IT DOESN'T! But thanks for thE info!
Hikaru Ookami
Yesss! Thank you for the info! It will probably be december though..but that means it won't be January like I thought (I think o_o; this winter means this year right?)
The RZA
Thanks alot for the info.
Mystique
QUOTE(Hikaru Ookami @ Sep 18 2005, 03:51 PM) [snapback]287618[/snapback]

Yesss! Thank you for the info! It will probably be december though..but that means it won't be January like I thought (I think o_o; this winter means this year right?)

i hope so, although technically winter can mean from dec-feb, but man wouldn't that be a cool gift to have in your stocking this year.
I just wish i was still in japan or i knew someone who's gone and bought a copy of the magazine this month for more details >_<

oh well, time will tell i guess.....
oh, np with the info happy.gif
Blitz
*crosses fingers* December, must be December...
Hikaru Ookami
-crosses fingers with Blitz-

@ Mystique- There should be someone from Japan who'll find this topic, and will go buy the magazine. Now whether or not they'd share the information is the problem =P
NarutoFan101
scheduled date is about a week before christmas... also raws are out but crap quality and ppl will sub that before DvD release i bet
Blitz
QUOTE(NarutoFan101 @ Sep 18 2005, 06:08 PM) [snapback]288185[/snapback]

scheduled date is about a week before christmas... also raws are out but crap quality and ppl will sub that before DvD release i bet

No one's done it yet and it's been like two weeks since people found the torrents for the RAW. The sub groups are probably waiting for the better version to sub.
Side note: A week before Christmas?! That'd be a nice present...Finally, we'll get to see a better version. I personally wanna see the first five minutes that was sliced off from the camera's view.
Tombow
QUOTE(NarutoFan101 @ Sep 18 2005, 05:08 PM) [snapback]288185[/snapback]

Wow, a week before Christmas!! That will be great!!
MSqre
Yay! Joy to the fans (of hagaren) ... smile.gif
Hikaru Ookami
OMG. You got that song stuck in my head now. The "Barney is Dead" version. (I'm a kid at heart, huh...xD)
Mystique
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★速報!!★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

今冬、発売決定!!

「劇場版 鋼の錬金術師 シャンバラを征く者」DVDの発売が決定しました!!

詳細は、10月12日発売の月刊「少年ガンガン」11月号を、
要チェキラッチョチョー!!

quick announcement:
just a reminder that it's being sold this winter and more details to follow in gangan's november issue which comes out on 12th of October laugh.gif

so hopefully a set release then will happen then happy.gif
Blitz
I wuv you! *hands cookies* You're like our news person.
kmila
Thanks for the info guys i just wanted to know do any of you know when it will arrived to a amerik??
Mystique
QUOTE(Blitz @ Sep 25 2005, 01:14 AM) [snapback]291573[/snapback]

I wuv you! *hands cookies* You're like our news person.

ooooh! cookies! laugh.gif
and the choc-chip kind, yummy!
*munches*
american release, (i'm guessing that's what you mean)
haven't a clue, we're all waiting for the japanese release, who knows if they'll ever release it in america anyways, i mean the naruto movie (1st one) came out aug 2004, if an american comany doesn't buy the rights for it, it won't be sold locally over there, only as imports or get it online.
kmila
thanks for the info Mystique umm i was wondering sorry if it sounds a bit ignorant but i dont know anything of the naruto topic so if you could update me i will be very thankful.. so i guess its all hoping for us americans to expect conqueror of shambala wil arrived here someday huh?
TheVileOne
It will arrive. Funimation has first crack at everything Fullmetal Alchemist.

That's why they are doing the games and the anime.

And even if they didn't you guys think NO ONE would pick it up? Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the hottest properties of all time, there is too much money to be made in not picking it up. US anime distributors aren't retarded, they wouldn't just let a license like that sit on its ass.

Except for Dreamworks who acquired Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence and ripped everyone off basically said screw you to American GITS fans.
Hikaru Ookami
I think Funimation already asked to license it, but it was denied (as for right now). Could be wrong though..
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Hikaru Ookami @ Sep 30 2005, 03:57 PM) [snapback]294484[/snapback]

I think Funimation already asked to license it, but it was denied (as for right now). Could be wrong though..

Do you have any proof of that?
Hikaru Ookami
If I did, I wouldn't have doubted myself =P. I forgot where I read it.
Mystique
(yaaay site works again, i can post, was about to hit the 'add reply' when it crashed on me *sniff* but late news is better than no news, soooooooo!)

IPB ImageWOO HOOOOO!!!!!
IT'S BEEN SET, RELEASE DATE'S FINALLY BEEN SET!!!!
IPB Image

*party's and dances*

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★速報!!★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

劇場版「鋼の錬金術師 シャンバラを征く者」DVDが

2006年1月25日、発売決定!!

さらにさらに、劇場版が12月、ペイ・パー・ビュー放送も決定!!
詳細は、月刊「少年ガンガン」の12月号以降で発表します!

Translates as basically

25th Jan 2006!!!

and Also in Japan during December they're gonna show it on Pay per View on TV for those who can afford it tongue.gif
Never mind that, DVD merchandise and special pre order booking's gonna arrive, better start looking around laugh.gif

*sings and dances off the thread*
Oh yeah, DVD's getting released! oh yeah! IPB Image
Full Metal Elf
OMG!!! I can't wait to get it!!!!!!!!! I hope that they don't wait forever to release it in the US...sad.gif
TheVileOne
Its gonna be a while before we get the US DVD.

But at least we'll probably get fansubs to tide us over wink.gif .
Tombow
QUOTE(Mystique @ Oct 16 2005, 06:38 PM) [snapback]300643[/snapback]

(yaaay site works again, i can post.....

2006年1月25日、発売決定!!

Yay for having the board back!!
And, YAY!!!!!!! for the DVD news!!
Blitz
YAY!!!!! Release date!!!
TSilver Fox
Well, the last news I heard as far as "When" the FMA movie will hit the USA (and yes, it will..)
Was stated by Vic Mignogna, the Voice Actor for Ed in the English version.
News as of Oct. 29th 2005.

Basically he said what he has 'heard' so far is that FUNdamation really, really wants the rights again, but other companies seeing how big of a hit FMA has become are trying for it too, thus far it is still in negation just as to *who* will end up getting the rights to host FMA in the US.

As far as the same cast of VAs for the movie goes;
Everyone from the series would really like to return to do the voices for the movie.
(Naturally that isn't a VA's decision weather they get to return, so for now everyone awaits in limbo until the licensing is taken care of, then casting can be performed ... This is where CSA comes in and hopefully grants the FMA Va cast their wishes to return smile.gif

On one last note, He also mentioned that the owners are pushing for a theatrical release in the US as well to whoever gets to host it.

FUNdamation has obviously been the hopeful for winning the rights to the movie.
Tombow
QUOTE(TSilver Fox @ Oct 31 2005, 12:22 PM) [snapback]307206[/snapback]

On one last note, He also mentioned that the owners are pushing for a theatrical release in the US as well to whoever gets to host it.

Ohhh, I wanna see this in theater, with a big screen and nice sounds, not like with my tiny computer screen and cheap speakers!! happy.gif
Ladymercury
I would love to see this movie in the big screen considering I'm never priviledged in this state to see the others (GITS, Cowboy Bebop, etc).

And honestly, I would love to have the same VAs do the dub. I'm so tired of watching the second half of animes picked up by other companies and the cast not even coming close to the original sleep.gif
Qeomash
I would think that, on something as popular as FMA, the company that does the dub will use the same actors.

If there's a US Theatrical release, I'll try and go see it, but no guarantees I'll even have a theater near me who's showing it.
Full Metal Elf
A theatrical release!!! that would be AWESOME!!! And they better use the same VA voices!!

Also...when the DVD is released...it better have Japanese and English dub option, I want to watch both wink.gif

happy.gif (getting excited!! hehehe)
Ladymercury
There will be a Japanese/English option. I have never ran into an anime DVD that DID NOT have that option (that's why anime switched over to DVD so willingly).
Full Metal Elf
Good....just making sure happy.gif.
Dusha
Though a theatrical release would be awesome, I'm going to remain highly skeptical until I hear for sure. Yes, it's true that FMA has a pretty decent fan base, but I don't think many distribution companies are going to be willing to take the risk of putting the movie out in theaters. Just think of the uproar when 'Serenity' came out (for those that don't know, this was a movie based on a short-lived [one season] TV show that came out recently). Many viewers didn't understand the movie because they hadn't seen the show and thus gave it bad reviews. Since it would imperative to have seen FMA to understand the movie, I doubt it will come out in theaters. The FMA fan base is big, but I don't think it's big enough to make a theatrically release economically possible.

Still, if some distribution company wants to prove me wrong--by all means!
Shizuka85
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 2 2005, 12:17 PM) [snapback]308209[/snapback]
There will be a Japanese/English option. I have never ran into an anime DVD that DID NOT have that option (that's why anime switched over to DVD so willingly).

Actually, there have been a few anime DVDs that only include the English dub. Some examples are Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.
Ladymercury
I don't even considering Yugioh and Pokemon anime DVDs anymore, lol.

Also, I think Pokemon came in two versions. TV cut and the regular version. I'm not sure though.
Mystique
QUOTE(Dusha @ Nov 5 2005, 07:18 PM) [snapback]309490[/snapback]

Though a theatrical release would be awesome, I'm going to remain highly skeptical until I hear for sure. Yes, it's true that FMA has a pretty decent fan base, but I don't think many distribution companies are going to be willing to take the risk of putting the movie out in theaters. Just think of the uproar when 'Serenity' came out (for those that don't know, this was a movie based on a short-lived [one season] TV show that came out recently). Many viewers didn't understand the movie because they hadn't seen the show and thus gave it bad reviews. Since it would imperative to have seen FMA to understand the movie, I doubt it will come out in theaters. The FMA fan base is big, but I don't think it's big enough to make a theatrically release economically possible.

Still, if some distribution company wants to prove me wrong--by all means!

ditto same thoughts, just how many anime movies u know make it to american screen apart from miyazaki, and that's only because they made a deal with disney for distrubution rights.
maybe local smaller cinemas, but nothing so big screen tho.
time will tell nonelethess ^^

oh back to the dvd tho
2006年1月25日、発売決定!!

仕様や特典などの詳細は11月10日、
ついに一挙公開!!
ガンガン12月号(11月12日発売)にも情報公開します!!

nothing new as such, says now 25 jan for rlease, am looking round for reservation deals, that are usually around in japan, but more details to follow when gan gan releases their next issue from 12th Nov, so about a week after i should get a newsletter saying what's goin on.
only just under 3 months to go anyways ^^
animefangirl
finnaly some news !
Antimony
There have been a few anime movies that I know of released in the US that weren't by Studio Ghibli. The Pokemon movies come to mind, along with Metropolis, Ghost in the Shell 2 and Steamboy. Did the Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne movies ever appear in any US theaters? I ask because I've seen them both on Adult Swim already. So maybe if the FMA movie doesn't make it into a movie theater it will still appear on Adult Swim someday.
Ladymercury
Escaflowne the Movie was a direct to DVD release because it was released... hmm... 4 or 5 years ago. Cowboy Bebop was only released at major cities.
Antimony
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 8 2005, 07:39 PM) [snapback]311060[/snapback]

Escaflowne the Movie was a direct to DVD release because it was released... hmm... 4 or 5 years ago. Cowboy Bebop was only released at major cities.

Ah, thanks. So perhaps the possibility for FMA in theaters is a bit better since it was only released a year ago.
Ladymercury
The possibility of FMA ended up in major theatres is high but the chance of the movie going national is zero to zilch. Besides, that movie would have to be released the moment FMA wraps up in the states.
Saint Graphic Alchemist
[size=4]not to burst anyone's bubble or anything but I read on a post that the release date for this year was only in Japan no the States yet
Qeomash
We know, but taht still means that there will probably be a good quality sub floating around to tide us over to the (possible) US release next summer after the series wraps.
Mystique
IPB Image NEW NEWS!!!
I BRING YOU NEW NEWS!!!!!!! IPB Image

okay! Now we got more details for Japanese DVD that's coming out
(okay its more for me and any other import buyers)
IPB Image BUT I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

*puts trampoline away and coughs*
okay.

「劇場版 鋼の錬金術師 シャンバラを征く者」

【完全生産限定版】COMPLETE EDITION
【完全生産限定版特典】
  ANZB-2001 8,925円(税抜価格 8,500円)
  ■伊藤嘉之描き下ろしイラストBOX
  ■DVD3枚組→【本編DISC】+【メイキングを含む映像特典DISC×2枚】
  ■ジャケットサイズカード集
  ■スペシャルブックレットとして解説付きガイドブック
  完全生産限定版のみ英語字幕・オーディオコメンタリー付
  ※通常版・UMDには入りません。

【通常版】スペシャルプライス!
  ANSB-2001/3,990円(税抜価格 3,800円)
【UMD-video】
  ANSU-2001/3,990円(税抜価格 3,800円)
【通常版】
(this is expensive but i want the top one) >.<

anyways for £45 ($90) lol. (find someone who loves you this christmas) wink.gif
okay, its a
- 3 dvd disc, the first containing the movie, the other 2 containing the 'Making of' with commentary
- It has a jacket size card included.. *dreams of what image* IPB Image
- A special booklet included with a commentary explaination (not sure about what tho)
IPB Image 完全生産限定版のみ英語字幕・オーディオコメンタリー付
ohmygosh! momygosh! *hyperventilates then calms down*
- A perfect complete limited edition included with .... ENGLISH SUBTITLES!!!!!
...and audio commentary as well.

I need to confirm this before i get too excited cause i promise you guys, for all the anime dvd i wanted to buy whilst i was over there, japanese don't do subtitles, not even japanese ones. But this english version is only for the limited edition it seems, i will dble, trple check it with my flatmates, but man this baby is mine! laugh.gif

and oh....
the Normal dvd pack comes with a special prize
(oooooh!) its £20 ($40)

and that's it, they're also selling the viedo for around same price but nothing else much.

but yeeeeah! Limited dvd here i come, oh yeah! IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.