Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
anime lover girl
Cowboy Bebop (カウボーイビバップ Kaubōi Bibappu?) is an influential, universally critically-acclaimed, and award-winning 1998 Japanese anime series directed by Shinichirō Watanabe, written by Keiko Nobumoto, and produced by Sunrise.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Spike Spiegel, a bounty Hunter with a dark past, lives on bounty to bounty, barely making it each time, or not making it at all. His partners Jet Black, Faye Valentine, Ed and Ein the dog all help him in his adventures from planet to planet.

Genres: action, drama, science fiction
Themes: bounty hunters, space
Episodes: 26
Age Rating: Mature
(Source - ANN)

-------

Hey! my fav character is spike! biggrin.gif
Cute Alchemist
EDWARD!!! he owns with the hacking!!!
Fullmetal Elric
Spike is pretty cool but Eds got his hacks and funny...ness dry.gif but all in all it all comes down to the butt kicking so i'll have to go with spike biggrin.gif
Cute Alchemist
lol ed is really funny with ein and whenever she hacks it all about the smiley faces
Beowulf
QUOTE(Fullmetal Elric @ Sep 28 2004, 10:03 AM)
Spike is pretty cool but Eds got his hacks and funny...ness   dry.gif  but all in all it all comes down to the butt kicking so i'll have to go with spike  biggrin.gif

Er...Ed's a girl....o.O BTW, does Spike die in the end...?
Cute Alchemist
ummm dunno i haven't watch all of it
Fullmetal Elric
yea thats right...lol. i forgot that eds a girl. yeeeaaa.....SHE still is cool. anyone here like naruto or .hack?
Girlie Alchemist
lol when eds dad came and thought she was a boy
Quistis88
QUOTE(Girlie Alchemist @ Sep 29 2004, 01:04 PM)

Ahh, I loved that episode! It was hilarious, their little reunion, how Ed jumps towards her father and he catches her by the legs. tongue.gif
Plastic Yakuza
*Bebop Ending Spoiler*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Spike dies. Sorry.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

In other news...

I have to go with Jet for a favoritecharacter. He always has good little bits of philosophy to spit out ad he looks like he had the most fun on the shrooms. His stuff on Session XX was great as well.

Anyone read the Shooting Star manga?
anime lover girl
don't give any thing away!!!!!!!
rsF
Wow. Good fucking going Plastic Yakuza. There is a new tool for spoliers, use it. I hate people who do shit like that.
Riza Babe
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 29 2004, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE(Girlie Alchemist @ Sep 29 2004, 01:04 PM)

Ahh, I loved that episode! It was hilarious, their little reunion, how Ed jumps towards her father and he catches her by the legs. tongue.gif

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
Uirumusu
I haven't watched it yet, I just got the whole series off a friend but I'm not gonna watch any of it til I finish watching the rest of Love Hina, Full Metal Panic, Scryed and...yeah I got alot of anime watching to catch up on
darkmagicspell04
unsure.gif I really wonder....Its been a mistery for..........um.................uh...................WELL.............Even his or her dad didn't know blink.gif
blueices
Fairly certain that Ed's a girl ( I forgot where the proof is) but I'm rather certain.

Are there other Bebop questions? Because otherwise the thread might die too quickly tongue.gif
Ninie
I'm not sure if it's the good place to post this... Other Anime forum, maybe?
Omakase Shimasu
Yup. biggrin.gif -Moving to General Anime-

And Ed's a girl. wink.gif
also_cursed
Ed's a girl. There was one episode where Jet dressed her up in a pink frilly dress... It was veryveryveryvery scary ph34r.gif
Animelova
i saw that one,it was something about a cult thing unsure.gif
hitokiri
the nun also confirms she's a girl in the episode where you meet ed's dad
Toby-Chan
Ed's a girl. It's mentioned in the first episode she shows up. Plus, she sounds pretty girly anyway.

Ed's my favorite character on that show by far.
Omakase Shimasu
Although sounding girly in an anime doesn't say all that much. laugh.gif

I thought her real name was Edwina... or something? blink.gif
Foolio
at the end of the 9th episode faye says "youre a girl?!" so...yeah

useless fact: ed was gonna be a guy and makes a cameo in episode 5
Toby-Chan
Non, non, non!

Edward named herself "Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky the fourth".

Her original name was "Francois." Or so says her wierd egg-eating daddy.
Le Monkey
Yeah, She is a girl
alchemist x
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Jan 23 2005, 06:21 PM)
Although sounding girly in an anime doesn't say all that much. laugh.gif

I thought her real name was Edwina... or something? blink.gif
[snapback]95704[/snapback]

no her name is edward. for some odd reason
love_me_destroyer
Yeah, Ed is a girl.
Apple Juice
How could it ever be confused? Ed is clearly a female. :/
Quistis88
Cowboy Bebop topics merged.
also_cursed
Thanks Quistis smile.gif

Anyone watch the latest episode on Adult Swim? (can't remember what session...)
Shrooms!! Muchos shrooms!! My favorite was Ein.. I used to have a little stuffed dog that hopped like that smile.gif
Daveman!
Best. Anime. Ever.

If you find something better let me know so I can watch it ohmy.gif.

It's the only anime I enjoy more in English than I do in Japanese, but maybe that's just cuz I'm used to subtitles from Samurai movies.
Slashrose1010
BeBop is a great series. It is very sad..... I hated it when Spike died. I liked Vicious a lot but for some reason wasn't saddened when he died. It isn't my favorite but it's up there. I like Trigun a lot too. Legato is just so cool, and Midvalley, his right-hand man, is also very cool.

^@Kase: I love your new (new for me) avatar. smile.gif
Falling_Man
laugh.gif Mushroom Samba, that's a good episode.
I liked the part where you saw what Spike, Jet and Faye were hallucinating about.
And Ed. laugh.gif Entire episode. Good laughs, good stuff...

The entire series had a variety of scenarios. One of the best animes created. The last episode, Real Folk Blues, rocks. Enough couldn't be said about this series.
Slashrose1010
^It's good but not that great. Mushroom Samba is an over-rated episode. I like the Jupiter Jazz episodes and Sympathy for the Devil better. I think Ed is a little over-rated period. She is hardly in the series, same goes for Ein.
edsgirl
My favorite episode is the one where he fights the big fat floating guy and gets his ass kicked a lot. That guy was really twisted, the ending of that episode was really good!
Slashrose1010
Yes, Pierrot le Fou was a very wacked out villain.... It is actually very sad. He just went insane when theymessed with his brain.
edsgirl
Yeah that was his name! I was trying to remember it ! Thanks Slash! wub.gif
Slashrose1010
You are very welcome. I remember that name easily because I call my bro Pietro (Peter). And because the entire series is very memorable to me smile.gif
Apple Juice
QUOTE(Falling_Man @ Jan 25 2005, 05:38 PM)
laugh.gif  Mushroom Samba, that's a good episode.
I liked the part where you saw what Spike, Jet and Faye were hallucinating about.
And Ed.  laugh.gif Entire episode. Good laughs, good stuff...

The entire series had a variety of scenarios. One of the best animes created. The last episode, Real Folk Blues, rocks. Enough couldn't be said about this series.
[snapback]97280[/snapback]

Agreed, Mushroom Samba was a really funny episode. I was cracking up with each of their hallucinations. laugh.gif It kinda' forshadowed the ending too with Spike's hallucination, if you know what I mean.
edsgirl
Yeah the hallucinations were great! I loved the scene with Faye in the bathroom thinking she is swimming. the entire series is great, now i'm done with this!
hidden_death
my favorite Cowboy Bebop character would have to be Ed ><
Xithion
I personally like Spike...The dude is insane!
DameGreyWulf
CB rocks
I loved the movie
Ed rules you
Hyleaus
I think that I'm most partial to Jet in the series. I think that he continues to be the most adult of the bunch; you can really sympathize with his character.

My favorite episode is Hard Luck Woman, Session 24. I really like the pinwheel motif, as well as the way that Spike and Jet handle grief... hardboiled eggs anyone? So much sadness, so much beauty.

Vale, rusticus caeli- a rough remdition of "See you, Space Cowboy"

Hyleaus
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I love Cowboy Bebop. You gotta feel sad at the ending. The character development was probably one of the best aspects of it.
Lt. Misha Mustang
The movie was awesome happy.gif
hanzo
I wish I had a dog as smart as Ein.
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Girlie Alchemist @ Sep 29 2004, 03:34 PM) [snapback]19630[/snapback]

yeah the first few episodes of the show that i watched i thought Ed was a boy

-------------
i love COWBOY BEBOP especially the theme song its so cool!
Shaded Alchemist
~ Cowboy Bebop, See ya next time space cowby... ~

This is a tribute to the best anime ever made! If your a fan of this series then just post something, anything will do. I would love to find some fellow Bebop fans out there. By the way, I'm new so please add me. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.