Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: .hack// Series
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Empathy
.hack//Sign (trademarked as .hack//SIGN) is an anime television series directed by Kōichi Mashimo and produced by studio Bee Train and Bandai Visual, that makes up one of the four original storylines of the .hack franchise. The show premiered in Japan on TV Tokyo between April 4, 2002 and September 25, 2002.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Amidst a popular online role playing game in the near future, characters try to play out the goals they set for entertainment and passing of time. The World as the RPG is called is one with a setting of monsters, player characters and dungeons. Tsukasa is a detached and introverted character that has a number of mysteries about his player character. Many weird happenings seem to suround Tsukasa and his involvement in a rare item called 'The Key Of The Twilight' sparks Tsukasa'a meeting with different online characters and the befriending of their real life counterparts; All without ever meeting face to face in reality. What is strange about Tsukasa is that he can't seem to log out of The World. Subaru and Silver Knight of The Crimson Knights continue to look for proof of why Tsukasa can not log out or the existance of The Key Of The Twilight. Meanwhile Bear, Mimiru, and BT as Tsukasa's friends try to help him understand who he really is and how he can return to the real world.

Episodes: 26
(Source - ANN)

-------

.hack//Roots (ドットハック ルーツ Dotto Hakku Rūtsu?) is a 26-episode anime series, animated by studio Bee Train, that sets as a prologue for the .hack//G.U. video games. It is the first .hack TV series broadcast in HDTV (720p).

Plot Summary: In 2015, CC Corporation's datacenter caught on fire destroying "The World". By splicing in data from what would have been another project, CC Corp. was able to rebuild the game. In 2016, "The World R:2" was released. .hack//Roots covers the time Haseo spent with Shino and Ovan in the guild known as the Twilight Brigade, before the .hack//G.U. PS2 games.

Episodes: 26

OVERALL
Genres: action, adventure, drama, fantasy, mystery, science fiction
Themes: online computer gaming
Age Rating: PG
(Source - ANN)

-------

Has anyone heard of this anime.I think its cool and alright. Just need a little more action thats all. O and my favorite charater is Tsukasa
mei_tenshi
I like it. I saw parts of it when AS aired it, but I watched it from the beginning when I obtained the fansubs. It's a different pace from other animes I've seen. Plus, I like the premise of "The World."
Zarpia
didn't we had a thread about this before? O.o
mei_tenshi
I thought so too, but when I did a manual search I couldn't find it. mellow.gif
skyler
i liked it but can't remember much i only remember mimiroo and bear
Alice of the Knives
I've seen most of hte episodes. It's a pretty cool anime, though a bit confusing. It needed to show blood. Cause I like blood. ^^
Zarpia
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Jan 27 2006, 06:44 PM) [snapback]343912[/snapback]

I thought so too, but when I did a manual search I couldn't find it. mellow.gif

laugh.gif Well that means that a thread get;s delete it after 30 days if no one post in it.

I like thge series, I have seen all the ep.
DonnaDelDrago
I like this series and I love the music.
I have the games too, but no time to play...
Alice of the Knives
QUOTE(DonnaDelDrago @ Jan 28 2006, 04:19 AM) [snapback]344144[/snapback]

I like this series and I love the music.
I have the games too, but no time to play...

I've played the games, but that doesn't mean that I'm good at them. The last game is the only one I have to get.
mei_tenshi
DonnaDelDrago: I love the music, too! They fit so well with the scenes and are really textured on their own.

My brother got me and my sister .hack//infection recently. But it's at home...and I'm not. -__-

Anyway, I finished watching it last night. I think it's one of those animes where I can watch it over and over again without losing interest.
Rebecker
Iiieee!! I could never forget this anime!! <333333333333333333

.hack//SIGN is one of my all time favorite animes. I totally fell in love with it from the first time I saw it. I still have some of my old tapes laying around with an episode or two on them. I'm not a really big fan of the new .hack anime with the kid who won Kite's character. The games though, I loved those to. xD

It's a pity you don't see this anime around much anymore. I miss it. ):
Alchemic Boom
.hack//Sign is probably one of my favorite animes, the story and plot of it is great! I own the Japanese DVD set and it's one that doesn't get that boring to watch every once in a while. I've only beaten the first game though, it gets kind of repetitive after a while though it's still a good game. My favorite character would have to be Crim/Kurimu and Sora.

<3 The music of .hack
Empathy
Well there will be a new .HACK series its called .HACK G.U but lets not get off topic here. The anime was confuseing to mean when I first watch it on toonami.But after awhile I understood the whole thing.
kenderoth
I saw it like last year and it was pretty good it was kinda slow but it had a good consept of the online place "the world" I just liked it i saw most of it but never got around to finishing it.
Empathy
Its really rare know to see this wonderful anime so not to many people heard of this but thats all going to change cause its going to have its Own real game called .HACK//FRAGMENT yes you get to go online and make your charater.
mei_tenshi
I'm not much of a gamer, but I am SO playing .hack//FRAGMENT when it's released in North America.
Zarpia
ohmy.gif me too.

I have the second game, and oh boy! my brother played like 7 times no kidding and i want the other 3 and the new one that's comming about, as for the series i like them alot, but a little bit of more acction wouldn't have hurt.
Did anyone saw the special ep?
mei_tenshi
What special episode? The one where all the .hack characters gather and party?
Zarpia
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Feb 2 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]345930[/snapback]

blink.gif I don't know that "gather and party" one.

[spoiler]The one were the girsl forgot the name and Bear go to a dungen and then a moster apears and she tells him that she knows just one person that could kill that one, and she is looking for the statue of her, that person got frozen after killing the moster[/spoiler]

VeRi
i liked .Hack//Gift better than episodes 27 and 28
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(zarpia @ Feb 2 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]345940[/snapback]

QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Feb 2 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]345930[/snapback]

blink.gif I don't know that "gather and party" one.
It's episode 28, also called .hack//UNISON. It's not all that important, unless you want to see most of the gang boogie in the Net Slum. (Boy, am I glad Krim and Bear didn't join in. That would've been just plain weird.)

QUOTE(zarpia)
[spoiler]The one were the girsl forgot the name and Bear go to a dungen and then a moster apears and she tells him that she knows just one person that could kill that one, and she is looking for the statue of her, that person got frozen after killing the moster[/spoiler]
I don't know that one. Is the special episode in one of the games? *hasn't played any of them* tongue.gif
Empathy
If you guys want more information about that you should come here it has all .HACK//series info http://www.dothackers.net/
Soujirou
for me is an excellent anime
Zarpia
Mei - 8 months later I don't think so. The only ep the game disk have are from .hack/Liminality. I downloaded the sp. episode from limewire a long time ago.
Funderful
Yes, it's a very good (although confusing) anime series.

An online game!?
Splee.
Hanozo
I got upsessed ever since I saw roots again. I got all 4 and GU vol 1-2 and I just got bored. So then I got bored then started watching all the anime serios XD. (I got a lot of time just to say.)
Little Washu
I loved one character. Macha. The pink and white cat that followed Tsukasa around. Even Re-incarnated as Mia, she was so much cooler as Macha. I know all the characters by heart so here's areferance for those of you who don't:

Tsukasa (the heroine)
Mimiru: (2nd heroine)
Bear: (Blue guy)
B.T.: (Hangs around Bear, really annoying)
Morganna: (main evil lady)
Harold Horwick: (Upside down man)
Sora: (Cool guy with Kakashi's voice)
Macha: (Pink and white kitty with witch hat)
Subaru: (Angel girl)
Aura: (Shining girl on bed)

That's all I'll say. Oh yeah, before I forget'

xXSpoiler!!!Xx

Don't you people agree that Tsukasa's better as a girl? At first I really beleived she was a boy!

xXspoiler's endXx

Who saw the episode where they all have a dance party with Blackrose, Kite, Orca and them? If you did, wasn't it cool?!

Balmung: This shin-dig looks like the bomb-diggety!

When he saw that, I broke out laughing. I also liked ther version of GIFT where all there characters look REALLY stupid and almost like South Park.
The Deceitful Enchantress
:0 I'm not trying to get off-topic, but there is another .hack anime! ^o^ It's called .hack//legend of the twilight. It's based off of the manga and the video game, with a boy named Shugo as the main character, and his sister Rena, who have won the .hacker avatars, Kite and Blackrose. It's pretty good, and there's more balmung in it! <33
Little Washu
I saw all of .hack//Legend of the twighlight. But the books of .hack//legend are WAY better. If you make Ohka's hair dirty blonde, and make her 12 year's old, she looks EXACTLY like me. It's uncanny, that's why she's in my album titled "other things relateing to me" and my personall photo. Oh yeah, Has ayone played the new game .hack??G.U. Rebirth? I asked for it for christmas. Apparently you play as Haseo, the guy in .hack//Roots. Which is not as good as SIGN, but isn't chibi-ified like .hack//Legend. (Even look at VeRi's sig). But I don't think Macha's in the new game so I don't know if I want it......
Hanozo
I still think .hack//roots is the best series until one part of an episode *cain*

(cain is an icon that my friend and me uses a lot)
Raenef_the_fifth
.hack//sign is awesome wink.gif I recently got the series on DVD, after seeing it on T.V.
Little Washu
The new game rules!!! Though, because of the end, I am now not only in love with Kakashi (Naruto) but now with Kite. Ironicly, I'm listening to the song from .hack//SIGN called "Fake wings" right now. The one portrayed as Tsubaru's theme. Well it ended and now the theme song is on. .hack// has awsome music.
Kitty Alchemist
I love .hack//sign. Maha is my favorite out of all. I don't like legend of the twilight because I don't like how the it turn out and I watch .hack//root. It ok right now.
Little Washu
It's spelled Macha. The ch makes the sound of an h in german. In which the entire .hack//SIGN series is based off of. Emma Weilant wasn't german, but Harold Heorwick was. The name Morganna is spelled in a german way also. Many people presume Macha's name was spelled Maha because of the wat Tsukasa says her name when Macha protects her and Subaru from being deleted by the Twighlight wanderer. (The dumb-bell thing) My favorite characters are Macha, Mia, Aura, Kite Ouhka, Sora and Mistral.

I take german so I'd know tongue.gif
Kitty Alchemist
sorry I'm use to seeing her name spell Maha.
Macha, kite, sora, Haseo and I don't remeber her name, she was the wolf girl on .hack//Legend of the Twilight. She cool too.
Little Washu
Oh you mean Ouhka. I like her too. My favorite part about her is that if you make her hair dark blonde and make her 12 years old, she looks almost exactly like me. It's cool. That's why I have her as my personal photo. I also look like Rei Ayanami (Evangelion) But enough about. Back to .hack//. She's a werewolf. If 'The World' was a real game, I'd love to be a werewolf. My favorite horror creature. And my worst fear. Along with the zombies from 'Shaun of the dead.' .hack//Twighlight is also called .hack//DUSK which I think sounds cooler. The book series was cooler. Zefie is another one of my favorites. In the shoe Ouhka's name is spelled 'Ohka' and in the book it's spelled 'Ouka'. So my friend and I put the 2 together and came up with the way of spelling her name 'Ouhka'.
Haruka_The_Alchemist
Yeah I heard about the .Hack//Fragments game too and I'm interested in playing it and I only caught a few episodes of the .hack//SIGN on AdultSwim but I do want to get the whole series sometime.happy.gif'
Little Washu
I heard .hack//Fragment is dumb because all you get to do is choose the origanal characters and change their colors. Hmmmm, a black, silver and red Kite would be cool. With like, an evil braclet. Hahaha, just kidding.
Rainsky
I love .hack/SIGN. <3
I miss that show dearly. =/
TheSnig
I didn't like .hack//sign. it needed more action/violence/interesting characters.
I should have been condensed into 5 episodes. A lot of stuff happened athat seemed like it would go somewhere but then never did. I also have never played the game so the conclusion didn't make total sense.
Reno
It's a great anime, needs some action but it's ok, the story is excellent and the characters have "philosophical" thoughts
Little Washu
I didn't like .hack//sign. it needed more action/violence/interesting characters.
I should have been condensed into 5 episodes. A lot of stuff happened athat seemed like it would go somewhere but then never did. I also have never played the game so the conclusion didn't make total sense.

It's more of an anime that needs thought to get through it rather than violence. Sometimes anime with no violence whatsoever is better than violent. I.E.) Strawberry Marshmellow (Ichigo Mashimaro) is better than Dragon Ball Z.
Little Washu
.hack//roots, Anyone see the newest .hack// addition?

.hack//, pronounced 'dot' hack, has soooo many series. It started with a simple "can't log-out" scenario and now look, it's been confirmed that it's CyberConnect's biggest project to date. This thread is about the newest addition to the .hack/// family, .hack//ROOTS!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.