Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are You a "Four-Eyes"?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Omakase Shimasu
FYI, I wasn't bored when I made this. Just interested! Honest. tongue.gif

Well, I've got glasses, very thin ones. Haven't considered taking contacts, 'cuz frankly they creep me out. Stupid? Maybe. But I don't like the thought of puncturing my eyeball, thank you very much. tongue.gif Besides, I've gotten used to my glasses. I wouldn't be the same without 'em. Oh, and I'm near-sighted.
Cute Alchemist
me and annie don't wear glasses
Kokoro no Hana
I have glasses sleep.gif and I hate 'em really much! dry.gif
BlueRakuen
I dun have glasses ^.^
rsF
I have glasses but I only use them when i'm in school (as needed), movies, and when i'm doing something extremely important on the computer (such as a Counter-Strike match XD).
dreamcatcher_alchemist
I'm not sure how to explain what I have. They're glasses but I don't need them. They're prismed and tinted to take away computer glare but other than that there's nothing really special about them. Kind of like an expensive pair of low-shade sunglasses, lol.

~ais
anime lover girl
I wear reading-glasses.
Prinz_Zoisit
i voted "none", cause i actually only wear glasses when i take my driving lessons... they are thin and i sometimes think that the eyeglass-shop only wanted to make money...

but since i wore them, they looked kinda good unto my face... and i actually learned linking glasses... they must be thin of course...^^^^

Ps.: my friend wondered "how can you find glasses good?!?", but i really like them since then...
Zander Evens
i have a pair of reading glasses, however i try not to wear them... they make me look like a teacher sleep.gif I also wear Polorized sunglasses that take out glare and such, for when i'm driving or out on the water to take off glare and such (kinda like dreams discription, except they're darker).
Quistis88
I've been wearing glasses since the 7th grade. Yay!
Chibi Viki
i wore glasses in my 2nd year of college and would really prefer them over contacts since they're itchy and are such a pain to put on... plus, it was only for my stigmatism.
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 28 2004, 05:26 PM)
i wore glasses in my 2nd year of college and would really prefer them over contacts since they're itchy and are such a pain to put on... plus, it was only for my stigmatism.

I could never see how people could wear contacts. the idea of sticking something on my eye just creeps me out! lol.

~ais
Kokoro no Hana
I can see without my glasses but it's kinda blurry sleep.gif luckily I don't have to have 'em on when I'm close to something like reading and computers ^^
Jowy
nothing!
but sometimes i use violet or red contacts... xD!
Prinz_Zoisit
wearing contact lenses is almost like havin silicon breasts, yack!!>.<
Kokoro no Hana
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Sep 28 2004, 09:04 PM)

lol XP
Jowy
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Sep 28 2004, 07:04 PM)

not really ι_θ
Flippy
I have glasses and contacts. I need the contacts for cosplaying, sports and other random stuff. I normally wear my glasses however. I can't find enough cordination to put my contacts in when I first get up......I'd poke my self in the eyebrow blink.gif .....Man I hate mornings. wacko.gif
The_Lazy_Alchemist
Voted none because while I do need glasses...I don't have a pair. My parents are convinced that I don't need them. And it's alot of money to prescribe a pair. I actually borrow my friend's glasses. She has an extra pair I can borrow. Took me a while to conivince her I wouldn't break them. I need them during school...The stupid overhead projectors are too far away for me to see without extreme straining. wacko.gif sad.gif
Thievesvinegar

wtf?

I have hard contacts. It's such a pain, wish i got soft ones instead. I just don't like glasses b/c i don't like things on my face.
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 28 2004, 11:53 PM)
I have hard contacts. It's such a pain, wish i got soft ones instead. I just don't like glasses b/c i don't like things on my face.

I used to be like that. I still get like that from time to time, where I hate them being on my face, but its that or burn my eyes to death from the light of the computer screen. *evil surgery side effects dry.gif *

I think its cool that you have contacts (and everyone else who has them) even if it is disgusting to have to touch your eyeball. I mean, you can change your eye colour if you get the right contacts. that's pretty spiffy.

~ais
Vael
RAKUEN! YOU GOT AN ENVY SIG BEFORE ME! I am not officially jealous and must stalk and kill yoooou!

On a more relevant note... I wear long-distance glasses. Near-sighted. Hurts my eyes to read with glasses on, or be at a computer with glasses on.. even though everything beyond 30 feet in front of me becomes an indistinct blob of colour... BUT I CAN SEE YOUR SIGNATURE, RAKUEN! And it is a sign of your DEEEAAAATH!
Carnal Malefactor
Since grade 6, unfortunately...

I'm blind as a shithouse rat without 'em. sad.gif
Gashole
I have mine since first grade. There goes to show how early I learned to read. tongue.gif
Beowulf
Never had 'em, though I remembered a time when I used my Grandpa's reading glasses...hurt my eyes...o.O (twiddles off to cow land**
xrninja
i've had glasses since second grade and i'm nearsighted....i think my left eye is 600 and my right 675? something like that. i have hard contacts too but they hurt like heeell and it just feels too weird without my glasses. i took my senior portraits without them and it just doesn't look like me in the picture blink.gif yeah even with my glasses a lot of things are still fuzzy (although my optometrist says my vision hasn't gotten worse or anything) and when i have to draw or see something reeeally close i have to push down my glasses and stick my face right in front of whatever i need to see laugh.gif but i've had glasses for 10 years and if i don't have them on it's like i'm missing my nose or some other important facial feature happy.gif;;
wolfi1412

it's not the same!!!

I choose none, even though I can't see from the back of the class to the overhead projector.. and the class is not as big as you think.. it's about 20m? 15? I wanna wear glasses.... but then the doctor doesn't recommend it.... but I can't see!! I'm blind..

so, should I ?
Omakase Shimasu
@wolfie: The doctor doesn't recommend it even when you tell him you can't see?? Why?
@Vael: biggrin.gif rsF still not done with your sig?

Btw. I got mine since I was 12/13, but I needed them when I was 9 or so. <__<
Chibi Viki
hmmm... MJHermi should be here... she's always worn glasses since we meet waaaay back in high school...

T_T i miss her, i don't have anyone to bug over the phone... ~_~
wolfi1412
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Sep 29 2004, 03:20 PM)
@wolfie: The doctor doesn't recommend it even when you tell him you can't see?? Why?

he doesn't recommended it because I only have 0.75 and 1 or 0.5 in my eyes.. he said I should go to in front of the class...
Gashole
True, when you get glasses, for some reason your vision gets worse. They do help you see better, but then the next year you'll have 2.0 instead of 1 or whatever.
AoiSora
Glasses-to much TV, Video Games and Staring into the computer all those years of school. I also have a nice yellow radiation glow from all the monitors I sit in front of! laugh.gif
MJHermi
I got mine back when I was in 2nd year high school (no, Viki, I wasn't wearing any glasses back in 1st year. tongue.gif ). Although I'm not blind when I'm not wearing them, I don't see things as clear as they could have been if I had my glasses on. My eye sight hasn't gotten really bad over the years, but it hasn't gone better either.

My mom once had me wear contacts, but I find them to be such a pain to wear, more because I had to spend time to wear them in the morning, and then take them off and clean them in the evening... time which I could have spent sleeping. laugh.gif So I stopped wearing them and settled for my good 'ol glasses.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Gashole @ Sep 30 2004, 12:29 AM)
True, when you get glasses, for some reason your vision gets worse. They do help you see better, but then the next year you'll have 2.0 instead of 1 or whatever.

biggrin.gif I always hear stories about how we who wear glasses will have perfect eye-sight when we've finally reached the "those-were-the-good-old-days" age. tongue.gif

Oh, I mentioned it already I guess, but now to add a little more detail: I'm near-sighted, but unlike Vael I can still see my comp screen without getting a.... a hernia, yeah right. I meant a migraine. <__< Without getting a migraine. Guess my eye-sights going downhill. Unfortunately I wouldn't what strengths I have for either eye. All I know is that these glasses are thin. Really thin.

MJ, you posted a reply as well. biggrin.gif smile.gif Great to see your avatar and sig again!
Spectrum Alchemist
Glasses all the way for me! I've just worn them for so long that i've got used to them and i kinda like them myself. I'm near sighted and i suppose that i would preffer being far sighted.

But as I always say: four eyes are better than 2 smile.gif
Lust
I have contacts and glasses. I only wear my glasses when I dont want to put in my contacts though... so I'll just vote contacts.
Ninie
I've had glasses for a long time, but I wear contacts since about three years. I like my glasses, but I prefer my contacts... When they hurt or I don't want to wear them (aka almost never) I just wear my glasses. I don't have any color-changing contacts... They really too expansive >.< sad.gif If I could, I would buy green.
Thievesvinegar
i dont see what the problem is with contacts..it takes me ...5 seconds to put them on in the morning and 2 seconds to take them out at night. I have the no rub solution- good stuff.
Ninie
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Oct 6 2004, 12:20 AM)
i dont see what the problem is with contacts..it takes me ...5 seconds to put them on in the morning and 2 seconds to take them out at night. I have the no rub solution- good stuff.

I have it, too.
Blahblah
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Sep 28 2004, 02:41 PM)
FYI, I wasn't bored when I made this. Just interested! Honest. tongue.gif

Well, I've got glasses, very thin ones. Haven't considered taking contacts, 'cuz frankly they creep me out. Stupid? Maybe. But I don't like the thought of puncturing my eyeball, thank you very much. tongue.gif Besides, I've gotten used to my glasses. I wouldn't be the same without 'em. Oh, and I'm near-sighted.

I wear contacts, Hard ones, not soft ones.

They help alot more than glasses, they dont hurt unless you get something like an eyelash or something in your eye, and they only take about 2 weeks to get used too. Also, with contacts, your eyes don't get AS worse as they would with glasses. They really are much better!

Unless you can get laser eye surgery, it is very reliable these days..

Although I dont really know how things are in Europe...but contacts are good anyways..
xrninja
i wore my new hard contacts all last summer and they still felt uncomfortable and hurt, so i gave up (my face was missing my glasses, anyway) =P which really is a waste of $300, i should try them on again some time...
Thievesvinegar
even if hard contaacts help you, i just hate them. I perfer soft ones where you can sleep in them, do anything you want, and it doens't even feel like they were even there. Now with hard ones, its like this restriction to how you can move your eyes or they'll go wack. sad.gif
Riza Babe
i don't wear glasses
Omakase Shimasu
Hmmm, maybe I should try contacts. But I don't know if my eyes are compatible.

...it still creeps me out though. <__<
Ninie
I have a friend who's afraid of things in eyes... I can't wear my contacts when I'm with her, or else she freaks out. I don't see her often, so I don't mind too much.
Thievesvinegar
how does she live?
Gashole
Really hard, I guess. How can she tell when you're wearing contacts or not?
Omakase Shimasu
Hmmm, strangely enough I don't get the shivers if I see someone else put in their contacts. Just... if I think about myself doing that... o.o
Tashi
i have 20/20 vision, but i do have a thing for girls in glasses rolleyes.gif
Ninie
QUOTE(Gashole @ Oct 7 2004, 03:58 AM)
Really hard, I guess. How can she tell when you're wearing contacts or not?

She knows I had glasses before... If she didn't know, I guess she would have noticed. I still don't understad exactly where does that "fear" comes from...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.