Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ep. 43 "the Stray Dog Has Run"
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The Smoke Alchemist
SOOOO..... Here it comes, only 12 1/2 hours away, and im counting on Adult Swim to deliver the goods...............c'mon baby, daddy's got the shakes!!!!
JoshP1389
QUOTE(The Smoke Alchemist @ Jan 21 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]340944[/snapback]
c'mon baby, daddy's got the shakes!!!!

[spoiler]<---[/spoiler]
I'm excited for this episode too. Should be interesting.
Animeoldtimer
Looks like a great episode. I'm looking forward to it. biggrin.gif
The Smoke Alchemist
When i got into the show, it was around ep. 15, and i still thought it was the best show (not just anime) on tv. as the series has gone on, it just gets better, and faster, and deeper, kinda like good sex.....but with less mess:-)
JoshP1389
QUOTE(The Smoke Alchemist @ Jan 21 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]340973[/snapback]
... it just gets better, and faster, and deeper, kinda like good sex.....but with less mess:-)

It is sex.

;0
Sikiu-San
*GASP* This is the episode where we finally meet a certain someone o_o *threatns time to go faster* >O im all bubbly about seeing the new opening again on my tv laugh.gif
Jen_Elric
Hey, I thought that someone else was supposed to have this talk-back thread. But anyways...
This episode is going to be soo great!! I can't wait! XD
Molecular Alchemist
Only like....5 more hours...huzzah! I can't..the episodes just keep getting better and better! I loved this episode when I first saw it, and I can't wait to see it dubbed (now I can pay more attention to the screen than to the words on the bottom) laugh.gif and LONG LIVE REWRITE!!!
Ed-Al-Win Fan
I'm also looking forward to it and the rest of the episodes as well...I can tell more suspense is about to evolve...lol
the_lightning_alchemist10
>.< I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!! Only 5 more hours...5 more hours. wait 5 HOURS?!?!?! shit i need it now!
The Smoke Alchemist
2 hrs. 45 min. and counting. I am soooo anxious. Sorry if i stole someones thread, i woke up this morning, and had to get the jitters out!!! Please dont kill the newbie!
Full Metal Elf
I can't wait for it! This is a GOOD episode! happy.gif...I hope the dubbing is good..hehe
Shi-chan
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Jan 21 2006, 09:38 PM) [snapback]341076[/snapback]

I can't wait for it! This is a GOOD episode! happy.gif...I hope the dubbing is good..hehe
I can't wait either {Hurry Up Dammit !!!} !! I hadn't ever considered the dubbing though...I hope they got a certain someone's voice right...
Full Metal Elf
Me too...I absolutly love that certian someone...so the dubbing better be good...or I'll be sad..T_T.

[spoiler]..I also can't wait to see the moment at the end where Roy yells at Ed and Al for running away, and not seeking his help. That's an awesome moment...I hope the dub is good for that scene![/spoiler]
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
YeS! only LESS then an hour till the show airs on adult swim!!...I CANT WAIT!!!! happy.gif
Animeoldtimer
44 minutes laugh.gif
Shi-chan
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Jan 21 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]341100[/snapback]

YeS! only LESS then an hour till the show airs on adult swim!!...I CANT WAIT!!!! happy.gif

41 minutes !!! I cannot wait! I want to see that certain someone!!! Arg! Hurry up!
Molecular Alchemist
I can't believe this....are we actually counting down the minutes here? HAHAHA!!! In that case, 37 minutes for me! *jumps for joy* The dubbing has been good so far (in my opinion)...I don't see why this episode would be an exception.. blink.gif
Shi-chan
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Jan 21 2006, 11:23 PM) [snapback]341106[/snapback]

I can't believe this....are we actually counting down the minutes here? HAHAHA!!! In that case, 37 minutes for me! *jumps for joy* The dubbing has been good so far (in my opinion)...I don't see why this episode would be an exception.. blink.gif

That is true...The certian someone's voice should be just as good. Oh and 30 minutes! Squee!
Tse'yak Naidraug
27 minutes... Come on... I need to see Rewrite again! I hate you, Stroker and Hoop! I HATE YOU FOR PROLONGING THE WAIT!
Shi-chan
QUOTE(Tse'yak Naidraug @ Jan 21 2006, 11:34 PM) [snapback]341115[/snapback]

27 minutes... Come on... I need to see Rewrite again! I hate you, Stroker and Hoop! I HATE YOU FOR PROLONGING THE WAIT!

13 minutes (Dun Dun Duhn)!!! Stroker and Hoop need to die! How dare they keep us from FMA and that certian someone!
vfdj42
AAAAAAAAIEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS EPISODE. ROY MAKES A SPEECH AND IT MAKES ME TINGLY!

I don't like that Ed does the opening monologue. I was looking forward to Al doing it! He's more of the storyteller.
Tombow
^^ @vfdj42 - Weren't you supposed to open the talk-back thread for this episode??? rolleyes.gif
vfdj42

^^ @vfdj42 - Weren't you supposed to open the talk-back thread for this episode???

I was. I came back here to open it, and it was already made.
Molecular Alchemist
YES!!! AWSOME EPISODE!!! WOOOOHOO!!! I loved every minute of it, well...no....i am kinda pissed about what AS did to the freaking theme song. Is this something new now...they tease us with Rewrite and then cut it? wtf? not happy with that, though I am happy with the rest of the ep, and with the certain someone's voice (I 'll refrain from saying the name incase someone missed the first showing). Ack..gottta catch the second showing if I'm not too busy! laugh.gif

I've seen the fansub soo many times, I spent the first part of the ep thinking that they were speaking in Japanese, and I was looking frantically for the subtitles...but then I realized that it was english and i stopped looking for the captions that weren't going to come...hehe
Tombow
QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Jan 22 2006, 12:13 AM) [snapback]341130[/snapback]

^^ @vfdj42 - Weren't you supposed to open the talk-back thread for this episode???

I see, The Smoke Alchemist opened this thread quit early...
Oh, boy, oh, boy,... (And I thought I could finally concentrate on enjoying the episode... unsure.gif )

In case anyone is not aware of... we made the list of people who will open the talk-back thread for the remaining episodesof FMA.
Let me copy the list from "List of people to open the talk-back threads for the remaining episodes of FMA" thread.

List of designated thread hosts, to open talk-back thread for the remaining Fma episodes:
Ep 40: Nepharski
Ep 41: Nepharski
Ep 42: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 43: vfdj42 (List NOT honored)
Ep 44: ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ep 45: ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ep 46: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 47: Nepharski
Ep 48: vfdj42 (?)
Ep 49: theothersin
Ep 50: Jen_Elric

(Nobody can force you to honor the list,) but I would really appreciate if you couold honor these "talk-back thread hosts," and let those people do their thread opening.

@vfdj42 - Since you were not honored as the talk-back thread host for episode 43, would you like to open eisode 48??
(@FullMetalAlchemist01FAN - sorry!! I hope you'll be understanding... smile.gif )
Sikiu-San
I loved the new little naration with ed instead of al laugh.gif if you think about it they really did after all these years find what they were looking for... ahh changes changes, gotta love em <33 i also loved roys speach. all this time he has been biting his toung in a manner of speaking and now he finally said what he had to say to everyone. HAHA xD roy is turing into an izumi xD
adaption_alchemist
Another tense ep. Cept this one didn't have people I like dying. I didn't know Hoenheim would be so... nice. When I recapped this to my friend I went through every little detail. Down to the quotes. And episode preview. I even said when the funimation logo came up and when it said aniplex.
Full Metal Elf
GREAT EPISODE! OMG...it was SO intense to the last second! And I was SOOO impressed with the last few lines by Roy. It played out exactly as I had hoped!

I can't WAIT for next week....happy.gif
whodaimen
They cut Rewrite?

Whats the new song?

I just finished the series for the hundreth time last night, and It had Rewrite throughout the final episodes, from 43 up. So what happened?!
adaption_alchemist
Yup, cut end and opening.

That was VERY intense. But I did like Bouncy Breda and Furman.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 22 2006, 01:52 AM) [snapback]341136[/snapback]

QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Jan 22 2006, 12:13 AM) [snapback]341130[/snapback]

I see, The Smoke Alchemist opened this thread more than 12 plus hours the airtieme. wink.gif
Oh, boy, oh, boy, oh, boy...

In case anyone is not aware of... we made the list of people who will open the talk-back thread for the remaining episodesof FMA.
Let me copy the list...

Here is the UPDATED list of designated talk-back thread starters who spoke up so far...

List of designated thread host (if any) to open talk-back thread for the remaining Fma episodes:

Ep 37: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 38: TheVileOne
Ep 39: TheVileOne
Ep 43: vfdj42
Ep 48:

I would appreciate if you could honor these "talk-back thread hosts," and let those people do the thread opening. smile.gif

they did'nt know go easy on them or maybe i'm to soft? X3 but you know maybe vfdj42 could have 48? that would make up for it don't you think? your choice of course... but yeah The Smoke Alchemist you should kinda look at the topics or search though unsure.gif
on another note: w00t!! i get the next one!!! whooooooo
*ahem* to the topic and the WONDERFUL episode wub.gif

first off: omg Hoho soundes like Koga!!!! nyoooooooo!! i was kinda disapointed on that but it kinda fits him...i guess... but oh well!
Winry really scared me when she made that face "You know what they say, Beauty is a curse" i was laughing so hard laugh.gif
okay now i officialy hate Pride. and look at what they did to poor Lust!! sad.gif
And i really feel bad for Roy, what he said at the end it was an 'awwwwww' moment don't 'cha think laugh.gif
Oh oh i know what Edo is going to get from Resembool!!!! ohmy.gif [spoiler] Trisha Elrics bones!!! sad.gif thats going to be a heart whenching moment!!
sad.gif sad.gif[/spoiler]
lets seeeeee is there anything else? oh that was also sad when Hoho-papa thoght Win Win was Sara and then saw Trisha's and Sara's grave sad.gif
oh and bounceing Breda and Falmen was funny laugh.gif forgot that
adaption_alchemist
Yeah, I've never heard of that system either, so take it easy on em ^^
Tombow
@ed's numbuh 1 fan - we had the same idea!! happy.gif
Yeah, it's not up to me to decide, but I'd like vfdj42 to open the thread for ep 48 in place of this episode, if that's ok with everyone...
(And, just to clarify... opening the thread a day earlieris fine, if by the right host, IMO.)

So, let me post this part again, in case some people might MISS it!! laugh.gif

Let me copy the list from "List of people to open the talk-back threads for the remaining episodes of FMA" thread. (BTW, the thread is on the SAME PAGE, just few threads down. rolleyes.gif )

List of designated thread hosts, to open talk-back thread for the remaining Fma episodes:
Ep 43: vfdj42 (List NOT honored)
Ep 48: vfdj42 (?)

(Nobody can force you to honor the list,) but I would really appreciate if you couold honor these "talk-back thread hosts," and let those people do their thread opening. happy.gif

@vfdj42 - Since you were not honored as the talk-back thread host for episode 43, would you like to open eisode 48??
(@FullMetalAlchemist01FAN - sorry!! I hope you'll be understanding... smile.gif )

Now, I really really want to go back to just enjoying and gushing about this episode... happy.gif
adaption_alchemist
Yes, me too ^^
Tombow
Good, so, the fresh start for me... happy.gif

OMG, I love this episode!! (I told ya it's a fresh start!! laugh.gif )
It's tense, it got the chase, it got actions, and it got plenty of drama!!
Wow, the tention between Winry and the military, specifically, Mustang, leading up to the scene with Mustang talking about his past "incident" during the war...

And, we see Ho-ho!! (And, yes, it's Koga!! laugh.gif ...of Inuyasha, for non-Inuyasha viewers.. happy.gif )
adaption_alchemist
Ya, its the only tense ep without a really cool person dying and making me cry.
Molecular Alchemist
*As for the episode posting list and whatnot...i kinda assumed that the newbies had no clue about it.....and since the list is posted once more, we can leave the whole messy business behind us rolleyes.gif Hmm...perhaps it should be resurrected every week, to prevent such mishaps?

And now..back to business:

Yeah, Winry's "beauty is a curse face" was kinda scary. And, it was kinda funny to see Hoho go back to his house and find it as a burnt down pile of garbage. I still chuckle at that (what could he be thinking)..hehehe laugh.gif His thoughts :"ugg...I see my boys have kept themselves busy while I was away."
adaption_alchemist
Why does everyone call him Hoho ><

Anybody know where I can get good screen caps for this ep?
Molecular Alchemist
@ Adaption_Alchemist: I do it because his name is long and a pain in the neck to type laugh.gif (not to mention it sounds funny)
adaption_alchemist
Mmkay then >< I'll stick with saying Hoenheim. -scowers net for screencaps-
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(adaption_alchemist @ Jan 22 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]341176[/snapback]

Hohenheim + the wonderful nummy snack food 'hoho' = Hoho

Molecular Alchemist about the Elric house: haha yeah he was just staring at it laugh.gif

but you kinda have to feel bad for him i guess sad.gif he should'nt have left but i know why he did and i guess he had reason for it...but Hoho's gonna get it in the next episode, i wonder what he's going to say about Aru being the Philosopher's Stone ohmy.gif

adaption_alchemist
Yup. You can tell he's gonna get it even by the previews. -restrains arm from clicking episode 44 of FMA via online viewing-
Tombow
QUOTE(adaption_alchemist @ Jan 22 2006, 01:42 AM) [snapback]341176[/snapback]

Anybody know where I can get good screen caps for this ep?

Someone who couldn't remember the spelling of his name posted it as Ho-ho, and the name stuck... laugh.gif

As for the screen caps, few on the episode guide of this board. Click on Anime on the left side of this page, then go to the episode guide for ep 43.
Full Metal Elf
I thought the voice of Hohenheim wasn't too bad...I absolutly LOVE the Japanese voice for him....so I'll have to get used to the dub, but it's not bad. Hohenheim rocks...hehe...happy.gif
adaption_alchemist
Yeah. I saw those. I'll do screens by hand. Poor me XD
Tombow
^^ If you get some, please post them!! happy.gif
Singhay
I didn't like the dub voice for him so much. It made him sound kinda young (like early 30s). Someone with a cool name deserves a cooler voice.
Molecular Alchemist
Hmm, I dunno..I thought that it kinda suited him fine. It was deep and calm, just like the subbed voice; I thought that it matched soo well that I expected him to be speaking Japanese (thankfully he didn't) laugh.gif

Sikiu-San
just incase >.>

[spoiler] an important fact that i wanted to say before i forget. when ed and al touched for the first we get the first glimps at the gap and that looming white figure of whatever it is thjat haunted us in the manga xD [/spoiler]
not much i know but still i dont want anyone yelling at me ;-;

i have also grown tired of waiting so im watching the episode off of youtube xD <33 i like the abreviation of hohenheim's name xD it really is alot easier to type out xD

accually hoho's voice suited him right =O it was right in the middle of what he is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.