Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Conqueror Of Shambala Movie Usa Release Date
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuroraAlchemist
<Moved thread from FMA Anime American Viewers sub-forum to FMA Anime Movie sub-forum. 02/19/07 ~Tombow>

So, I just read on some other forum that the English version of The Conqueror of Shambala is coming to the USA September 16,2006.
I wondered if anyone can confirm that or provide any other information? I read an interview with Vic M. (voice of Ed) and he said he didn't think the movie would come to the US translated until the entire DVD volumes are out and I think there are about 13? And the 7th one just came out Jan 10 2006, and Caitlin Glass (Winry's voice) said they come out at a rate about every 10 weeks or so? So, yeah, just wondered if anyone knows...
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(AuroraAlchemist @ Jan 14 2006, 08:02 PM) [snapback]338564[/snapback]

So, I just read on some other forum that the English version of The Conqueror of Shambala is coming to the USA September 16,2006.
I wondered if anyone can confirm that or provide any other information? I read an interview with Vic M. (voice of Ed) and he said he didn't think the movie would come to the US translated until the entire DVD volumes are out and I think there are about 13? And the 7th one just came out Jan 10 2006, and Caitlin Glass (Winry's voice) said they come out at a rate about every 10 weeks or so? So, yeah, just wondered if anyone knows...

well they will probably get the movie out after they get it dubbed and after all the episodes have aired and are out on dvd and the whole box set (if they're going to have one that is) soo i really don't want to assume but i'll just wait till i have all the dvd's then i'll complain when it's coming out XDD
adaption_alchemist
Any chance you have the URL of that forum? I'd really like to read the post itself and maybe contact the author depending on what it says.
AuroraAlchemist
Well, thats perfect and no one will believe me! I went back to search for the post again and now I can't find it, I'll keep looking, because I know I saw it. I remember it was on a forum, but I can't recall which one, the post was poster on January 12, 2006 and it specifically said the FMA movie The Conqueror of Shambala would be released to the USA September 16 this year, I'll keep looking, but if anyone else has answers, that'd be great!
andricon-alchemist
QUOTE(AuroraAlchemist @ Jan 16 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]339007[/snapback]

Well, thats perfect and no one will believe me! I went back to search for the post again and now I can't find it, I'll keep looking, because I know I saw it. I remember it was on a forum, but I can't recall which one, the post was poster on January 12, 2006 and it specifically said the FMA movie The Conqueror of Shambala would be released to the USA September 16 this year, I'll keep looking, but if anyone else has answers, that'd be great!

I can't confirm if it's true or not, but it sounds like a decent release date to me. For as long as it would take to dub and for the series DVDs to come out completely.. I would believe the movie coming out on 2006/09 would should savvy.
That depends on when they get the dubbing started and finished.. and whether or not they'll actually put it in theatres.. which would be kind of cool. Who knows what they're planning. I just hope it comes soon. I'm dying to see it.
the_lightning_alchemist10
actually i heard about this rumor too. so possibly true? don't take my word though, i could be wrong.
bettermanlamia
i say its true. i also heard about this. they said it was confirmed but then find out it was just a rumor:-( but i say its true so:-D happy.gif
QueenOfDorks
dry.gif even though i would LOVE for that to be the release date...i wouldnt believe 80% of what you read in forums
even though it is a good way to aquire information.....im STILL waiting for an movie that a forum said would be out July 2004
yeah
not happend yet
this date does sound reasonable though so it may be true...im not sure
im trying to find out myself and im upset because all the websites just give me the release date in Japan
~.::QueenOfDorks::.~ tongue.gif
TheVileOne
Sorry guys. Its BS.

"Because its on the internet, its GOT to be true."

rolleyes.gif

As it was pointed out, Volume 7 of 13 was just released. The series won't be all out on DVD until 2007.
Tyna
Oh, man, how I wish this was true! I luv the movie. it makes me cry so bad. I guess it wouldn't be too bad to watch it in Japanese 'cuz it's so moving when Al goes "Nii-san, Nii-san". Oh, my gosh, so cute, so sad.
Winry Elric
So then it isn't true? T_T Ah man.......Oh! I heard this rumor that the movie when it comes to America might be in theaters, is that true? Does anyone know about this?

I read this in a Anime Insider magazine
TheToeTag
well i realy hope it dose cuz that would be so cool.

But what i would like to know is....do you think adult swim will air it before its out on dvd or not,like they the are doing with the show now...only 6 more eps to go yet it will be a year till there out on dvd.

Cuz i cant wait a year for the movie, i would snap.....i almost did when they took the brack on ep 26 hehe
Melydragon
[size=4]Well, the date does sound reasonable since the movie was released in July from last year but I think FUNimation would want to release the DVDs before the movie. And I particulary think that is the best option. I havenīt watch the whole anime yet but I want to see the end of the series before the movie.

Iīm a FMA fanatic, but Iīm also very patient and I can wait ītill FUNimation desides to release the movie. I donīt wanto to spoil the ending watching the movie first.

[size=2] Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemyīs first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, we really believe in to be the worldīs one and only truth.
Maes-Hughes
Srry all, havent been on these forums at all for a long time. i have been busy with school and WoW. but i am just here to say that the movie has been realeased SUBBED!!!. i already have it subbed. just pm me for details
Winry Elric
QUOTE(TheToeTag @ Feb 2 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]345959[/snapback]

well i realy hope it dose cuz that would be so cool.

But what i would like to know is....do you think adult swim will air it before its out on dvd or not,like they the are doing with the show now...only 6 more eps to go yet it will be a year till there out on dvd.

Cuz i cant wait a year for the movie, i would snap.....i almost did when they took the brack on ep 26 hehe

Yeah I did too^^

If it does come in theaters though I'd be one of the first in line. Better yet I will be the first, and the first showing too^_^ Bring my Ed movie plush, cosplay as Edward(or wear a fma shirt) just for the fun of it^^

I'd hate to wait for a year for the movie that would drive insaneO_O But once it comes out after all that waiting it'll be all worth the wait^^

To see FMA on the big screen and in dub too would be like a dream come true*drool* biggrin.gif
fmafan16
September 16, sounds good I can't wait!
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(fmafan16 @ Feb 5 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]346936[/snapback]

You'll have to. It's not coming out September 16th.
fmafan16
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Feb 6 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]347143[/snapback]

QUOTE(fmafan16 @ Feb 5 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]346936[/snapback]

You'll have to. It's not coming out September 16th.

Yeah, I know but it'll be worth it.
kenderoth
I can't really wait that long hopfully i got my Ed cosplay by then, Greed should be in the movie that'd be awsome. I hope it's good and it doesn't leave ppl hanging at the end like some people say. I drool over the thought of a f.m.a movie i hope it's packed with action and love if you know what im talking about ("SEX") tongue.gif
Ladymercury
They're still disputing licensing with the companies over the movie. They would also need to find more cast members, they would need to see if these VAs would want to come back and do the work, and all this other crap.

I don't see this moving coming stateside in a long while.
transmuted_soul
It'll be worth the wait, it's an awesome movie, but fans tend to be impatient (including myself)
Jedi28
All the English release episodes won't be out by then. Disc 8 is coming out in March, they've been coming out about every other month so that puts Disc 13 at around January of next year. That is so sad, I really prefer the English over the Japanese. If you've been watching the English I would suggest not seeing the movie in Japanese with the subtitles. It's not the same and the subtitles were confusing, at least to me they were.
ice_alchemist21
damn when i read this i got my hopes up, the movies SOO awesome, i watched it on youtube subbed but the subtitles got screwed up at some parts, but it's really good, i cant wait till it comes out!
DJ_Zephyr
I'm almost as impatient for the FMA movie as I am for Advent Children. I hate watching stuff with subtitles (distracts from the action), which is why I haven't ordered the Japanese versions of either of em.
Tyna
Eh, I think Advent Children died. Nobody's really excited over it that much anymore.

But FMA:Conquerer of Shambala, are you sure? September 16th? Hell, no! Yes! Let's hope it's not gonna be like Advent Children, where it started from March 15th, then March 14th, then September 19th, then January something, then the fans die.
r315razor
the 15th is my birthday biggrin.gif (...really has nothing to do with this topic...)
Joegirl
Holy crap! FMA in theatres would be awesome! I just wonder what the rating would be. My mom is kinda iffy on ratings, and if they knew it was from an adult swim show I'd be dead. (i'm thirteen btw)
Wyrd_Raven
This is an old thread.

Good News Everyone

Has more up to date information for both the DVD release of the rest of the TV series and the movie's DVD release and the posibility of a theatrical release.
transmuted_soul
I've seen it already, it's tre awesome
Jedi28
You saw the movie and you liked it?? I liked parts of it. Can't say which parts cause that would be spoilering. I'll still go see it in the theatres though just cause I'll get to the parts I liked on the big screen.
ChibiWinry_05
I heard it was oct. 3 but i'd like it to come out in sept so i don't have to wait as long. And as for dvd releases i know by augest the 11th dvd will be out so i guess FUNi is stepping the release dates up a knotch
CowAlchemist
I heard October 3rd, 2006.
Tyna
QUOTE(ChibiWinry_05 @ Mar 19 2006, 10:58 AM) [snapback]365636[/snapback]

I heard it was oct. 3 but i'd like it to come out in sept so i don't have to wait as long. And as for dvd releases i know by augest the 11th dvd will be out so i guess FUNi is stepping the release dates up a knotch

August of next year, you mean? Just making sure, I'm not trying to be critical or anything. I mean, I'm so crazy about this I just gotta know to the last detail.

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 15 2006, 07:46 PM) [snapback]363761[/snapback]

You saw the movie and you liked it?? I liked parts of it. Can't say which parts cause that would be spoilering. I'll still go see it in the theatres though just cause I'll get to the parts I liked on the big screen.

Me, too! I've always wanted to do that, see hot Ed on big screen, I mean. When I heard that the movie played in Japanese theater and not here, I was so disappointed. I was like, "Man, I wanna see Ed on the big screen!"
shadow_of_a_doubt
I also heard that the release date was October 3rd
maybe we just shouldn't trust the internet for a while....
anime_manga_fan
I read in a magazine or somewhere on the internet the release date to be October 16, 2006.
fullmetal kitty
Auctally it's October 3. It says so on vicsworld.com.
Damascus
Dubbing for the movie is done! I can't wait till Oct. 3! XD
fma lover stef
YAY!! plenty of time to hint to friends to get for my birthday tongue.gif
Tyna
Aw, that's tight. Imagine going to see your most, most, most, favorite movie on your birthday with your friends. Ah, the movie that we've been so long waited for.
RainDancer58
I made my non-anime-loving friend promise she'd watch it with me! happy.gif She's like "In... October..."

OOH! I just realized, I can watch it with the kid who got me into FMA!
winryrockbell1
QUOTE(AuroraAlchemist @ Jan 14 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]338564[/snapback]

someone told me the movie comes out in october 2006 but i'm not sure if its true
Nepharski
QUOTE(DJ_Zephyr @ Feb 13 2006, 12:01 PM) [snapback]349702[/snapback]

I'm almost as impatient for the FMA movie as I am for Advent Children. I hate watching stuff with subtitles (distracts from the action), which is why I haven't ordered the Japanese versions of either of em.

Really? I have no problem with subtitles. I mean, I prefer to watch things in English, but I don't mind subtitles.
aviazn
So I'm randomly browsing Wikipedia tonight and come across the page for The Conqueror of Shamballa and I see this added on May 1st in the Primary Characters section:

Fullmetal Alchemist Movie english premire - The movie is expected to premire in english this September; An ADV film releasing in theatres. The movie trailer has already been made, and was shown to a group of 300 somewhat persons at Shiokazecon in Houston Texas on April 27th, 2006. Directly from word of mouth from Vic Mignogna ; A.K.A. the english voice actor or Edward Elric.

I can't find anything about this anywhere else--anyone got confimation of this?
Tombow
^^ @aviazn - For a while, it was said to come out in September... That was, before the Oct. date was announced. So... that might be it??
(Unless, they changed the date from Oct. to Sept. again, and if so, I'm not copmplaining!! tongue.gif )
aviazn
Yeah, I remember when it was rumored to be Sept and then they changed it to Oct. 3, but this rumor says they showed a theatrical trailer this past weekend at Shiokazecon--??? Like you say, if this one is true, I'm not complaining either! biggrin.gif But if it really is, I'm thinking it'll be a very limited theatrical release; that's how ADV does most of their releases, isn't it?
aviazn
I saw someone in the fm_alchemist Livejournal group talking about it too, so there must be some truth at least to the date being moved up.

http://community.livejournal.com/fm_alchemist/4473206.html

I'll kinda miss the Oct. 3 date though, that was pretty touching.
Tombow
QUOTE(aviazn @ May 2 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]389401[/snapback]
I saw someone in the fm_alchemist Livejournal group talking about it too, so there must be some truth at least to the date being moved up.

http://community.livejournal.com/fm_alchemist/4473206.html

I'll kinda miss the Oct. 3 date though, that was pretty touching.
Thanks for the info!!
So... the new date is Sept. 23rd.??

Hmmm, yeah, I second your sentiment. I didn't mind waiting for 10 more days, and having it coming out on Oct. 3rd... happy.gif
Fullmini Alchemist
In the anime insider magazine I bought it said it was coming out on October 3rd along with the last series DVD.
greenguy3
FUNimation has liscenced the movie and rumors say it will be released on DVD October 3.
aviazn
Yeah, Oct. 3 was the date that Funimation had announced. But last weekend, Vic Mignogna apparently said it had been changed. I quote from the Wikipedia article on the FMA movie:

English theatre premiere

The movie is expected to premiere in English this September in theatres by ADV Films. The movie trailer has already been made, and was shown to a group of about 300 persons at Shiokazecon in Houston Texas on April 27th, 2006. Directly from word of mouth from Vic Mignogna, Edward Elric's English voice actor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.