Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 42- "without Knowing His Name"
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
hey hey hey everyone! i cant wait for this episode to air on tv!! lol ....so when you all watch this episode, make sure you sit back, relax, and ENJOY IT! happy.gif....and MAKE SURE you all COME HERE (you better!, lol) and leave your comment about the episode! ENJOY! happy.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
may i express my pre-happines for this episode?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!YES!YES!YES! it here it's finally time!! well not time but it's SATURDAY!!! yaaay!
*ahem* i mean i'm very exited for this episode to air i can't wait! it's only like 3 hours away XDD
theothersin
^ I envy you. I have five hours and thirty minutes of time to kill...*sigh* Will the waiting never end!
Sikiu-San
DDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! THEY CHANGED THE OPENING!!!!!!! my weekend just got a hell of alot better >O< <<3333333333333333
Wyrd_Raven
So the rumors that L'arc en Ciel and Asian Kung Fu Generation getting the only openings shown to highlight their careers stateside is true after all.
Odysseus
Well I'm relieved they cahnged the opening. Rewrite (in my opinion) is the best opening, and I was extrememly worried it wouldn't get any air time. A shame they never aired the other openings but at least it wasnt Ready Steady Go the whole way through.
edochick
Oh!! I have an hour and a half ^______________^ I can't wait!!!!!!! And I'm so excited to hear the new opening - it's my favorite!!
Sikiu-San
wow is all i have to say for this epsidoe o_o im so glad they changed opening but it would make scene since i have seen alot of promotions for AKFG lately.

I agree with you odysseus. I have accually been thinking of that song this month xD
Tombow
^^ Wow is right!! Totally awsome episode!!
I have to let everything I just saw sink in for a while.
I'll post my thoughts later!!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(theothersin @ Jan 14 2006, 11:38 PM) [snapback]338660[/snapback]

^ I envy you. I have five hours and thirty minutes of time to kill...*sigh* Will the waiting never end!

hehehe Envy hehehe

QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Jan 15 2006, 01:18 AM) [snapback]338693[/snapback]

So the rumors that L'arc en Ciel and Asian Kung Fu Generation getting the only openings shown to highlight their careers stateside is true after all.

well i think it was a nice change i love ready steady go! but it got boring over and over and over again wacko.gif

thoughts on the episode:
WHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa they cahnged the opining theme YAAAAAAY and i really like I Will i can't wait for it to be on the DVD so i can see the whole thing smile.gif

OMG!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Scar died!! i liked him (of course) it was so sad when he cried i had tears in my eyes ToT
i thought it was kinda cute the way Lust had a soft spot for him happy.gif

oh nooo!! whats going to happen to Alphonse! the homunculi are going to be after him now, but wow this was such a great episode laugh.gif i always say that but it was ^^
Singhay
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Jan 15 2006, 12:18 AM) [snapback]338693[/snapback]

It worked. Well sorta. I love L'arc~en~Ciel now. <3 Hyde
adaption_alchemist
I can't believe that Scar died! I was crying! I made like a 500 word post in my LJ all about Scar. I'm still really depressed!
Shadowlink
I just saw this episode an half hour ago, and I was crying. But Until Ed found him, I thought it was over. Im glad that hes alive, but what is going to happen now? Al IS the Stone, but can it be used without harming Al? Thats what I want to know. But don't actually tell me. I want to find out on my own. But still, im in like, a state of shock. Im so freaked. this is the second time I thought he was going to die. In a row. I just hate that. But I am looking forward to the next episode.
..Poor Scar..Hes dead too...Its sad..
Mustang_2
I really loved this episode. I think the way that it ened up was a real twist to what they were trying to do in the first place. But I am concerned about what lust is up to and what will happen to al and who will come after them.
adaption_alchemist
Well the fact that many of the best people in the series have died by now just puts the thought in my head the by the end of the movie Ed dies ><

PS: I have /NOT/ seen the movie. I do /NOT/ know anything about it besides the name.
Shadowlink
Damn it, even if you DON'T know, don't say it. Not here, at least.
Im already upset enough from what just happened. I don't need anymore thoughts of them dying. Seriously.
adaption_alchemist
Blame it on whoever wanted all the cool people to die ><
DustStorm
OMFG!! They changed the opening theme!!
Good old Scar, I was barely starting to like him. I felt kind of sorry for Lust since she had...uh..feelings for him.
But I am concerned about what lust is up to and what will happen to al and who will come after them.

You say it as if Lust and the other Homunculi were going to jump Al or something laugh.gif . There's a strong possibility that Lust will tell the other Homunculi that Al is the Philosopher Stone. She might tell Pride or Envy to carry him to their secret headquarters, since she can't get near Al, cause of the locket.
adaption_alchemist
QUOTE(DustStorm @ Jan 15 2006, 02:12 AM) [snapback]338731[/snapback]

Good old Scar, I was barely starting to like him.

BARELY? >< I liked him since the first episode (that he was in). Wait, it was when they revealed the artwork his killings created.
the_lightning_alchemist10
The new theme songs kick ass.

I almost cried before i found out Al did not die. damn commercials.

I cried when Scar died. i hated him at the begining but i really like him now. *sigh* another one to add to my "dead anime people" list.
adaption_alchemist
QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Jan 15 2006, 02:33 AM) [snapback]338747[/snapback]

Did it seem like there was more on the first part of the ep than the second to anybody else?
Shadowlink
I love this series for the reason that compared to most other animes, you actually relate to atleast ONE character in the show. So if someone dies, it hits you like if someone you really knew personally died. Like when Maes Hughes died, I was crying for at least an hour straight. He was the only character on the show that I am most like. I can relate with alot of the things that happen in the show. But like I said, theres always one character that you feel like you know personally. Thats why I was so upset a short while ago when Al looked like he had died.
adaption_alchemist
There are a lot of people in the series that I would (or did) cry if they died (or already died) in the series.
Sikiu-San
QUOTE(Shadowlink @ Jan 15 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]338750[/snapback]

I love this series for the reason that compared to most other animes, you actually relate to atleast ONE character in the show. So if someone dies, it hits you like if someone you really knew personally died. Like when Maes Hughes died, I was crying for at least an hour straight. He was the only character on the show that I am most like. I can relate with alot of the things that happen in the show. But like I said, theres always one character that you feel like you know personally. Thats why I was so upset a short while ago when Al looked like he had died.

*nodnod* i agree with that

AND dont forget everyone that this IS bones we are talking about xD if you have seen atleast 2 other shows done by them then you know how good they are at killing people towards the end and getting you all upset xD
The Fuzzy Alchemist
Scar Died WAAAAAAA, That Was SOOOO Intense, There Wasn't Any Point Where It Let Up, And The Scene With The AL/Stone-SOOO COOL
Molecular Alchemist
Poor Scar, may he rest in peace *plays Taps*. I really liked him too This episode made me want to cry...brings a tear to my eye every time *sigh* sad.gif They seem to keep knocking off every character that i grow an attachment too...*GASP*!

And what did we learn from this episode....the lesson of the day is sibling rivalry leads to being a pissed off and bitter adult (aka Scar). I guess that's what I have to look foward to in a few years...hehe smile.gif But at least Al's ok.

And can I just say that I was sooo glad that they decided to change the opening/closing music. They could have been stingy like before....I was getting really REALLY sick of "ready, steady, go." It was a good song, but it was seriously time to move on...
TheFlameAlchemist
* Walks back into the Forum and Slams the door Behind him *

I'm Glad no one missed me mad.gif

New Opening is awesome, I re played that like 5 times before I watched the show. Show was friggin' good, even if I missed last week's but i got the jist of it. Al becoming the Philosiphers stone is a new highlight to the inginuity of the writers. Scar dead... WTF just when he goes good!!!! Son of a Tart!!! I liked how Ed pinned Wrath in the fight then went off to trap Sloth and Wrath, that was coooooooool. Lust has feelings for Scar and Vise Versa, never thought I would see that at the beggining. lots of stuff and of course DEAD KIMBLEE!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Burn Kimblee Burn, Burn in Hell ya Bastard!!!

* goes off to sing "Disco inferno" *
Ed-Al-Win Fan
Very excellent episode as I predicted before...(lol) I understand what you guys mean when they kill a character off...I be thinking these guys are real sometimes (lol)...I also thought the part where Scar said he loved his brother was very sad, he was tearing up and how he said the words (I love You Brother) was a very sorrow moment (lol)...I also thought the part what Ed did was interesting what he pulled off when Wrath and Sloth were about to rush him and obviously kill him, and then comes out of the rubble and made it seem like everything was all cool, in which trying to destroy these Homunculus, it was going to take a lot more then that...And now the ending of the episode where Al is the philosopher stone, I too was looking surprised as Ed was looking surprised at Al (lol)...Once again I can't wait for the next episode, I want the show to come on everyday, but they do have to leave you in suspense...(lol)

PS: Also I love the opening and ending...At the ending, I noticed they showed the characters they killed off the show...It was kind of sad, because they had showed Nina, Hughes Scar, Ed & Al Mother etc...Overall though it was a excellent episode:)
Mikage_Elric
I've seen that episode 3 times. One in subbed and therest in dubbed.

Omg that was crazy.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(TheFlameAlchemist @ Jan 15 2006, 05:43 AM) [snapback]338807[/snapback]

lots of stuff and of course DEAD KIMBLEE!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Burn Kimblee Burn, Burn in Hell ya Bastard!!!

Wb TheFlameAlchemist! Yeah....I got soo caught up with everything else in this episode and I forgot about that. Dude, he should rot in hell....ARGH! I hate Kimblee sooo MUCH dry.gif
Full Metal Elf
The dubbing was wonderful!....This is such a good episode and SO much happens!!...RIP Scar...T_T. And Al...now Al's in trouble...and things get hectic!

And they finally changed the opening!! YIPPY! I LOVE the Rewrite opening...and i'm glad they're showing it.

And next episode..can't wait! happy.gif
Nepharski
I was so surprised that they changed the opening. Happy, of course, but surprised nonetheless.

Kimblee's insides exploderated all over the ground. Good riddence to bad news, Nihlist punk.

And Archer got a face full of bolt 2.

Poor Scar. Despite the fact that he's (Technically) a murderer, you get to feel sorry for him, what he has become because of his history.

Only one thing I didn't get, though. When Scar threw down Kimblee's body off the rooftop as an example to the military...he didn't have arms. He killed Kimblee on ground, so how did he carry him up to the roof and throw his corpse over? Ah, well.

I'm finding myself hating and feeling for Lust at the same time.

He's another question: Where has Envy been this whole time? Sloth and Wrath tried to take out Ed, Lust was with Scar, and Pride and Gluttony were chilling back at the pad. What's Envy doing right now?

Fantastic episode. Wonder where the previews went...
Sikiu-San
why does everyone hate kimbley, he was an awsome character Dx <3
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(adaption_alchemist @ Jan 15 2006, 02:38 AM) [snapback]338749[/snapback]

QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Jan 15 2006, 02:33 AM) [snapback]338747[/snapback]

Did it seem like there was more on the first part of the ep than the second to anybody else?

i noticed that too huh.gif

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Jan 15 2006, 04:48 AM) [snapback]338797[/snapback]

Poor Scar, may he rest in peace *plays Taps*. I really liked him too This episode made me want to cry...brings a tear to my eye every time *sigh* sad.gif They seem to keep knocking off every character that i grow an attachment too...*GASP*!

And can I just say that I was sooo glad that they decided to change the opening/closing music. They could have been stingy like before....I was getting really REALLY sick of "ready, steady, go." It was a good song, but it was seriously time to move on...

i know i used to like Kimblee but then i hated him i'm glad he died but i mean with Scar i really did'nt LIKE him but then you get attached and then they have to that!! sad.gif

Rewrite was always my fav so i'm happy now biggrin.gif

QUOTE(TheFlameAlchemist @ Jan 15 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]338807[/snapback]

* Walks back into the Forum and Slams the door Behind him *

I'm Glad no one missed me mad.gif

New Opening is awesome, I re played that like 5 times before I watched the show. Show was friggin' good, even if I missed last week's but i got the jist of it. Al becoming the Philosiphers stone is a new highlight to the inginuity of the writers. Scar dead... WTF just when he goes good!!!! Son of a Tart!!! I liked how Ed pinned Wrath in the fight then went off to trap Sloth and Wrath, that was coooooooool. Lust has feelings for Scar and Vise Versa, never thought I would see that at the beggining. lots of stuff and of course DEAD KIMBLEE!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Burn Kimblee Burn, Burn in Hell ya Bastard!!!

i missed you happy.gif i wondered where you went tongue.gif
AMEN to Kimblee's death!!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

QUOTE(Ed-Al-Win Fan @ Jan 15 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]338867[/snapback]

PS: Also I love the opening and ending...At the ending, I noticed they showed the characters they killed off the show...It was kind of sad, because they had showed Nina, Hughes Scar, Ed & Al Mother etc...Overall though it was a excellent episode:)

i know I will is sad i can't wait til i get it on DVD so i can see the whole thing smile.gif

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jan 15 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]338933[/snapback]

Poor Scar. Despite the fact that he's (Technically) a murderer, you get to feel sorry for him, what he has become because of his history.

he was just misunderstood and blinded with hate and revenge sad.gif i know...the poor guy

Only one thing I didn't get, though. When Scar threw down Kimblee's body off the rooftop as an example to the military...he didn't have arms. He killed Kimblee on ground, so how did he carry him up to the roof and throw his corpse over? Ah, well.

maybe he draged him somehow and kicked him over blink.gif

He's another question: Where has Envy been this whole time? Sloth and Wrath tried to take out Ed, Lust was with Scar, and Pride and Gluttony were chilling back at the pad. What's Envy doing right now?

never thought about it, maybe he was too busy making out with a palm tree? *snicker* *snicker*

Fantastic episode. Wonder where the previews went...

i wondered that also was it a 1 hour special again or did they cut it out for time. i just got the 7 Vol. of the anime and you should see how much they cut out of episode 25 dry.gif

i feel like watching the episode again thank goodness for VHS recoreders, i don't know what i'd do without them!! laugh.gif
Jen_Elric
When I saw the new opening, I almost screamed! but good thing I didn't; sleeping adult in next room.
awesome episode! So Al is the Stone now. When he opened his chest plate, and it was glowing inside, my first thought was, "Wow! Cool! OMG!! How pretty!". XD
Poor Scar! He not only protected Lust, he sacrificed himself for making the Stone. Of course, even if he didn't, he would have bled to death anyways.
Sloth and Ed faced off! Awesome fight scene. And what about Hawkeye, Mustang, and Armstrong fighting the chimera's (not to important, but still kinda cool).
One question: Is Archer dead? He walked right into the alchemic reaction of the Stone being transmutated. He should be dead!
CursedAnubis

His mouth? blink.gif
Or maybe he kicked Kimblee's body all the way up there and hopped up himself.
ph34r.gif Mad ninja skills!

However, I was extremely sad to see Scar die. He was one of my favorite characters from wayy in the beginning.
Rest in piece, Scar. You will be missed.
Colette
Scar?

...Scar?

...SCAAAAAAR?!

sad.gif

Kimbley's deeeead! Yeees! *starts singing*

Chopper Enthusiast
Hurray random soldiers!
Barry has been avenged!

A celebration!

The Sock Alchemist
Concerning Kimbley dying and all, might I be the only one who liked him? Even a little? The only other opinion on him that I've noticed is "absolute burning hatred"...
Chopper Enthusiast
He helped in the killing of Scar. How could you hate him?
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Jan 15 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]338952[/snapback]

One question: Is Archer dead? He walked right into the alchemic reaction of the Stone being transmutated. He should be dead!

i belive he is dead, and i'm happy w00t!!!!

QUOTE(The Sock Alchemist @ Jan 16 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]339070[/snapback]

Concerning Kimbley dying and all, might I be the only one who liked him? Even a little? The only other opinion on him that I've noticed is "absolute burning hatred"...

mellow.gif i'm not tying to dis your favorite character but... are you serious! laugh.gif ;; i used to like him he was the only crazy person i liked but then he went all sadistic-er blink.gif and then i hated his guts smile.gif but it's my opinion you have your own likes and dislikes happy.gif
Fullmetal-Dream
yea uver one has there own likes and dislikes.i really dont like the dude.
The Sock Alchemist
i'm not tying to dis your favorite character but... are you serious!

Heh. He's not my favorite character per se, but I kinda liked him. He was crazy. He's an ex-con. But most of all, he was imperfect to the point of insanity. That's why I liked him. Sure, he had the tendancy to be a real (excuse the language) bastard, but I got over that. In fact, the only time I really disliked Kimbley was when he betrayed Greed (my real favorite character), but I even forgave him for that. He was looking out for himself, something I'd do in the situation, Greed betrayal or not.

I do miss the greeedy one, though... *sniffle*
Nepharski
[spoiler]Archer isn't dead, albeit he's half the man he once was.[/spoiler]
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jan 16 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]339243[/snapback]

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh okay oops i forgot that! hehe my bad [spoiler] lets just say the terminater is finally back laugh.gif [/spoiler]
Tombow
One word... "Rewrite"!!
Oh I'm soooo glad they changed the opening!! I dearly loved "Ready ..." but it was totally getting overused!!
Too bad it took them this long to change it, but it's better late than never!!
And, glad that Winry ending is gone. I like Winry, but that ending was rather weak.
(Ok, so it's more than one word.... laugh.gif )

I'm kind of sorry Kimblee is gone. Yes, he was crazy, and I loved watching him getting beaten up by Scar, but he was an interesting character, and also so crazy that he was kind of cool!! biggrin.gif
[spoiler](Yeah, forget Archer, and let's bring Kimblee back!! XDDD)[/spoiler]

Scar, Scar, Scar!!
He saved Al (kind of,) and lost his arm!! And he's walking around armless!! And he carried Kimblee's dead body all the way to the top of the roof, and then threw him down to the street!! Oh, wait, how did he do that???!! rolleyes.gif

Seriously, Scar left withour telling his real name. Men, I already miss him!!
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
great episode!...totally AWESOME! lol happy.gif...great opening and ending....cant wait for the next episode! happy.gif
Jen_Elric
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jan 16 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]339243[/snapback]

Ooohhh. Thanks for answering my question, Nepharski!! ^__^
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 17 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]339346[/snapback]
And, glad that Winry ending is gone. I like Winry, but that ending was rather weak.

:(

<3 that song. MOTHERLAND is truly sung with great passion and voice. I want to get some of Miss Kay's other work.

===

[spoiler]Can't wait to hear Hohenheim's voice next episode. This week's episode was "so-so".[/spoiler]
Tombow
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Jan 17 2006, 10:17 PM) [snapback]339636[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 17 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]339346[/snapback]

sad.gif
<3 that song. MOTHERLAND is truly sung with great passion and voice. I want to get some of Miss Kay's other work.

Motherland is quite fine with me. I was reffering to that cute Winry fan-service animation. I like Winry, but that aimation did not fit with more serious mood of the episodes at all. sleep.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.