Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 41 - Holy Mother
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Nepharski
"I can hear it...that voice. It should have been lost to the crimes of the past. Now, it could save my life."

Alphonse is left traumatized at the death of Martel at the ruthless hands of the homunculus Pride, and Kimblee and the not-so-good Dr. Tucker prepare for a top secret mission handed to them directly by the Furher himself. Edward, facing the full realization of Scar's predicament and plans, is stuck between a rock in a hard place: To serve a corrupt military, or a self-righteous killer. Meanwhile, Rose remains mute, yet a symbol to her people...and a mother to her child.

Somthing is rotten in the state of Denmark! Err...Lior!

Episode airs tomorrow (Saturday, January 7) night.

Be there, or be...elsewhere.
Sikiu-San
Episode was very good, keep me on the edge of my seat @_@ <33 the only thing i have a problme with is i think they changed kimblys voice >_< why the hell would they do that. this was his last episode, you dont change the voice on the characters last episode >O and funimation got ride of the episode preview or either adult swim did it sleep.gif *shakes head* either way awsome ^O^
ed's numbuh 1 fan
darn internet connection i would have commented sooner but the site was down sad.gif

aaaaaaaaanywayz, i LOVED this episode, i was on the edge of my seat too! i hate Sloth even more now!the look on Edo-kun's face was terrible sad.gif and Scar lost his arm ohmy.gif ! i reeeeeeeally don't like Kimblee now but i feel kinda sad now that he's going to die i had no idea how he would though...and whats going to happen to Aru! oh oh! i know!! i know!! [spoiler] Scar is going to transmute him into the Philosopher's Stone!!! i think O_O [/spoiler] and i wondered how they were going to get Martel's body out of Aru...but i did'nt think they'd show it >P

aww well i really liked this epi and again...I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT!!!! biggrin.gif oh and i hate Wrath even more also smile.gif

don't mind me i'm hyper @_@
Full Metal Elf
Dubbing was WONDERFUL!...I LOVE this episode...so good...keeps you on the edge of your seat!!

[spoiler] Kimbley vs. Scar....LOVE it!! happy.gif...[/spoiler]

Can't wait to see next week's!!!
Wyrd_Raven
I was able to catch the second showing, and I was very impressed with the english voice actor for Wrath filling into her character. That and the series of still used for the end.

Surprised with the 2nd showing's lack of previews though.
Sydney
Disappointed in lack of a preview for the next episode, but other than that...OMG, THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME!

Pretty sure Al will survive, Scar will save him, but that really doesn't decrease my fear...I mean, with the way it's set up at the end, it really looks like the end of Al.... (I actually had to force down a scream when Kimbley amazingly pulls himself up for one last bomb with Al's "help.")

Really, absolutely, and totally shocked when Sloth appeared; did not expect her to show up in that capacity by that point at all. But very pleased with it. (Sloth's creepy intimidation, and Ed's resulting scream...bone-chilling.)

Rose and her baby's predicament at the end's more cliff-hangery than Al's, since it is pretty much a certainty he'll survive to the next episode...but honestly, at this point in the show, looking back on other deaths (Hughes, Martel, Nina), I could see Rose and her child easily being killed off, or at least one of them. (In a word: depressing.)

Scar vs. Kimbley...LOVED IT! (Also, Scar fan, so totally cheering for him in that "little bout.")

A little Lust, but I thought it meaningful. (Also a Lust fan.) From what I remember, some of Pride's comments provide a shippy moment for Scar/Lust--essentially, pretty sure he responded to Lust's determination to help Scar create the Philosopher's Stone as a "pathetic school-girl crush" on her part, or something to that effect. (Also a Scar/Lust fan...but I'm interested in Scar/Rose too.)
CursedAnubis
AHHH AHHH AHH! Scars arm! ... again! ;_;
Vicious battle between Kimbley and Scar, though. I really hope Scar can pull something off to save Al sleep.gif''
Comeon Ed, kill Wrath already, you know you want to with all his bodysnatching comments =P
Sydney
QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ Jan 8 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]337403[/snapback]

AHHH AHHH AHH! Scars arm! ... again! ;_;
Vicious battle between Kimbley and Scar, though. I really hope Scar can pull something off to save Al sleep.gif''
Comeon Ed, kill Wrath already, you know you want to with all his bodysnatching comments =P

...Seemed kinda like a black humor moment when Kimbley did essentially nail Scar's other original arm. (I say "essentially" since technically Scar got rid of it himself, but it was of course Kimbely's fault....)

Totally predict Scar will save Al (Seemed to have developed a rather large soft spot for armor boy, and vice versa, and...I just love the Al/Scar friendship.)...I just have no idea how he's going to do it. (Thus a little fearful that Al is going to die, but he can't, he just can't....)

I bet Ed will aim for killing Wrath, but it won't be easy, considering there aren't any remains of Wrath's dead persona to even the playing field, or more like give Ed a big advantage, as before with the fight against Greed. (Meh, my only little nitpick...it concerns Ed giving the explanation of how the remains of Homunculi's former personas weaken them. Ed's smart, he would've known that wouldn't work on Wrath, since he had heard from Izumi that she actually used her baby's original body in the human transmutation, so no remains--Why bother wasting breath? Unless they're trying to give the impression that Ed would forget something so vital in the whole scheme of things.... But really, I think it just boils down to the writers just using Ed to again repeat the Homunculi's weakness, but it does seem to be getting too repetitive...then again, they probably also did it for Wrath's reaction, which was actually cool.... Thanks for the nitpick rant.)
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
wow...this episode is AWESOME!...dude! i CANT WAIT for the next episode...im glad kimbley is DEAD!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!...well, at least i think he is dead. What the hell was he doing to Alphonse!?.....I wish wrath was DEAD! he NEEDS to DIE!! lol.....i have alot of questions for this episode...it was VERY interesting...but yeah, its awesome! happy.gif
Tombow
Awsome episode!!
I loved the battle between Scar and Kimblee.
Tho, surprized that Kimblee got a huge hole in the gut and can still get up and snatch Ed's pocket watch from Al?!!? blink.gif
Al, next time, if you see Kimblee, and he "looks" dead, burn him crisp before you let your gurad off, ok?? rolleyes.gif
Poor Ed being traumatized by Sloth!! That was so nasty of her!! (Tho I kinda enjoyed the surprize of her appearance there. tongue.gif )

QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Jan 8 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]337392[/snapback]

Surprised with the 2nd showing's lack of previews though.

From what I heard, this episode and the next episode were originally aired together as an 1 hour special in Japan, hence there was no preview for the next episode at the end of this half an hour segment, which was the first half of the 1 hour show. smile.gif
Singhay
I loved the Kimblee vs. Scar thing but I noticed a weird thing about the fight. Once scar blew his arm away, Kimblee turned around and ran in fear. TURNED AROUND AND RAN IN FEAR? Someone like Kimblee, a State Alchemist that knows something about combat, knows to never turn around in a fight! LOL and he knows that now from taking a hit in the back. That really bugged me, someone like Kimblee doing that in a fight. I thought it was a lame way to die.
Odysseus
Tombow is correct, originally, 'Holy Mother' and 'His name is Unknown' were aired as a one hour summer special. Hence no need for a preview. Too bad they didnt decide to do that over here.

I always liked this episode, a whole lot of things going on. Kimblee is always hated by me in this episode, and when I first saw it I was satisfied when he was beaten by Scar. Course he had to go and bombify Al....
Tse'yak Naidraug
Man, I hope Al will live. Maybe Scar will try to reverse the bombifying (Copyright Odyssues) process, or somthing. blink.gif I don't know.

Was it just me, or was the scene with Scar just standing there with his left arm used to be just glooping out unerving? unsure.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Tse @ Jan 9 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]337512[/snapback]

Was it just me, or was the scene with Scar just standing there with his left arm used to be just glooping out unerving? unsure.gif

yesh it was very gloopifying O_o would'nt he be in mre pain though he was just standing there... what is it and people loseing they're arm laugh.gif

and about the hour thing: thats not fair japan gets all the good things >_< laugh.gif
Wyrd_Raven
Well technically we Americans get lucky breaks too.

CASE IN POINT: We didn't have to sit through the four straight re-cap episodes Bones made for Wolf's Rain, Japan and fansubbers DID.
hans_moleman89
I loved the Kimblee vs. Scar thing but I noticed a weird thing about the fight. Once scar blew his arm away, Kimblee turned around and ran in fear. TURNED AROUND AND RAN IN FEAR? Someone like Kimblee, a State Alchemist that knows something about combat, knows to never turn around in a fight! LOL and he knows that now from taking a hit in the back. That really bugged me, someone like Kimblee doing that in a fight. I thought it was a lame way to die.

okay, say you have someone coming after you with every intention to kill. You turn his arm into a bomb to stop him, he BLOWS OFF HIS OWN ARM and he STILL comes after you blink.gif ...Yea, i dont blame Kimblee. I would haul ass too!!
Sikiu-San
QUOTE(hans_moleman89 @ Jan 10 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]337685[/snapback]

okay, say you have someone coming after you with every intention to kill. You turn his arm into a bomb to stop him, he BLOWS OFF HIS OWN ARM and he STILL comes after you blink.gif ...Yea, i dont blame Kimblee. I would haul ass too!!

HAHA XD exactly what i was going to say.

Another scene i remember that was funny was when al told mustang and company the the PS sacrifices humans. when breda fell backwards in his chair i was laughing so hard xD and havoc's cig fell out of his mouth. thats definatly one thing to keep him from smoking for a few minutes xD classic fma style. throw a spice of humur in a intence scene.

I enjoyed wraths voice alot this time around.I remember thinking when i first heard it again" damn, that character sounds better =O! "

raven: are you talking about when they went back over the 4 main characters joruney for the begining up to where thye were >_>?
Mikage_Elric
I really like it in the scene when you see Ed and Lyra.

Ed: Lyra, you're wearing perfume?

Lyra:Yes, Bathing is a luxury here.

Ed:well, it's making me Naucous./

Classic

Ed-Al-Win Fan
^

I laughed at that comment too.

Overall I thought it was very interesting and action-packed as it always is. And the english voice actors were very good with acting the roles of the characters, you can tell they put a lot of effort in how the way they act it...Anyways I can't wait to see the next episode, its seems the episodes just get more interesting by the min...lol
Katrina Forest
Even though this episode and the next one were originally aired together, but even so at this point there's been so many cliffhanger episodes, what's a few more? wink.gif At least this one answered the question about whether or not Martel got to tell Al about Pride. I found it interesting that Hawkeye somehow thought Armstrong knew that Al was hiding her. The Elrics haven't confided anything in him for quite a while.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Sikiu-San @ Jan 11 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]337799[/snapback]

raven: are you talking about when they went back over the 4 main characters joruney for the begining up to where thye were >_>?

I meant the stills at the end of the episode. With Ed running to save Rose.
Chopper Enthusiast
If Scar ripped his own arm off like that. He would have at least shuddered from the adrenaline shock. I know it wouldn't have been as bad ass, but it would at least have been slightly realistic.

Rose got her voice back to help Ed! Wow! Its a cliched Christmas miracle!

Still hoping that baby falls into a wood chipper...
Katrina Forest
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Jan 12 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]338018[/snapback]

Still hoping that baby falls into a wood chipper...

What?? How can you say something so mean? (Sheesh, Tucker's nicer to his kid than that.) sad.gif What did the baby do wrong? If I was a few months old and I was in that situation, I'd scream my head off too.
Jen_Elric
OMG!! This episode was soo good!
I was in shock when Scar blew off his own arm, but if he didn't, he would have blown up. And Kimblee! what the heck is he gonna do to Al!!
Sloth showed herself to Ed and he finally realized who she used to be. He was in so much shock that Wrath almost killed him! But thanks to Rose's baby, he was saved (phew!). Rose got her voice back. Good for her!
Can't wait for the next episode!
Nega FMA
Im guessing it crossed Ed's mind back in ep 32 when heading to Dante's house that they're mother possibly could've been turned into a humunculus. And as you can see in Ep 41 he finally gets that answer. He was kind of denying it when Al brought up the conversation back in Ep 32 but now he knows the truth,but i bet he's saying "THE FURHERS SECERTARY OF ALL PEOPLE?,I WOULD'VE NEVA KNOWN". But Al kinda knew way back in Ep 15. "Brother i think i just saw mom".
This is what i hope to see in Ep 42.

Ed Vs. Sloth(PWEASE MAKE IT HAPPENZZZ)
Al surviving
Scar killing Archer,I HATE THAT BASTARD AS MUCH AS I HATED KIMBLEE!
Winry and Sheska blabbering Julita Douglas secert to possibly LT. Ross?
Envy making an apperance,last we saw him he was in a pay phone talking to Sloth about his "mission" whatever the hell that was.
Lust getting back in action
Pride VS. Lust(it could happen)
Envy VS. Ed
I know thats alot for a 23 min episode but it could happen!
lonewolf100
well i liked this episode and can't wait for the next one.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Jan 12 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]338040[/snapback]

Sloth showed herself to Ed and he finally realized who she used to be. He was in so much shock that Wrath almost killed him!

no actually i think he already knew that he always changed the subject or interupted Aru when he started to talk about it he was probably trying not to think about but when Sloth said "Edward , my son. Why did'nt you bring me back to life?" just hit the nerve like in episode 7 when he saw Barry The Chopper's victim and passed out sad.gif
Tombow
^^ I agree!! That scene when Sloth said those words, it was so chilling, like getting stubbed in the heart with icecles!!
I could feel Ed's agony and fear and remose and everything all mixed up...
Excellent scene!! smile.gif
Sikiu-San
raven: ahh =O i gottcha now. i thought that maybe they did a few too many for the end <<;

yepyep, i agree with the rest of you when sloth said that. Now that i think about it thoes words are really chilling considering the trama ed went through all thoes years ago and how he never got over it even though he acts all tuff x3
fMa_nv92
this was a good episode as well...I was a little disappointed how they
cut out the part Scar's arm flew off....but i can understand that....
heh, yea the part Ed was asking Lyra is she wearing perfume was funny..
I still can't believe Scar did that though....it was a very cool episode!!..
Can't wait for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(fMa_nv92 @ Jan 14 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]338628[/snapback]

this was a good episode as well...I was a little disappointed how they
cut out the part Scar's arm flew off....but i can understand that....
heh, yea the part Ed was asking Lyra is she wearing perfume was funny..
I still can't believe Scar did that though....it was a very cool episode!!..
Can't wait for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

they cut it out? i actually did'nt notice ^^;; but it's weird they did'nt cut out the whole scene, i mean the blood was glooping out in a gruesome strange way mellow.gif. but then again then they would have cut out the dialouge...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.