Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Ova
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Toby-Chan
For info, clicky here like so. And here like so.
Carnal Malefactor
I wish Japanese was as easy to read as it is to speak. dry.gif

This looks like a bunch of omake type stuff.
Automne
What the hell is Winry doing in here? O_o We so need a translation... I'll buy it just for the homunculus, I'll just ignore Mustang... Go for CDJapan!
MasterKris
Wha?? I need translations... hope it's better than the movie...
Tombow
OVA is called「鋼の錬金術師(Fullmetal Alchemist) PREMIUM COLLECTION」

The linked sites say the settings of the main story is that somehow all of 7 homuncli are back together, even Greed, and the fight between them and Mustang and the military bunch, Ed & Al, and all the good guys ensues...
It includes lots of gag scenes, new ones and famous old scenes, like "useless" scene with Mustang, etc., and of course many outrageous battle scenes...

Plus, 3 possible new short stories.
It's 3990 Japanese yen, and coming out on March 29 in Japan. smile.gif
MasterKris
The linked sites say the settings of the main story is that somehow all of 7 homuncli are back together, even Greed, and the fight between them and Mustang and the military bunch, Ed & Al, and all the good guys ensues...

SOMEHOW all of the homunculus are back?? Man! That's crazy talk!! Can't those BONES think of a better reason? Or is it spoilers?
Toby-Chan
I think this is just a gag story stuffed somewhere mid-series.
Envious...
From the looks of it, I think it is some kind of omake eps.

Even so, I wouldn't mind more FMA!
Nepharski
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jan 6 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]337233[/snapback]

SOMEHOW all of the homunculus are back?? Man! That's crazy talk!! Can't those BONES think of a better reason? Or is it spoilers?

Well, there was a time period during which all seven were around during the happening of the series. It could just be an in-between story they didn't cover in the series.
MasterKris
Yeah.. now that I think about it, it should be in the mid-way section. *wants to watch the battle of Ed and Homon. badly~*
Tombow
I just saw the scan of magazine with more info on the ova on the "Casual Clothes" thread ( I just posted there and asked karasu to post the info and the magazine scan here also.)
And, according to that magazin scan (seems it's a Japanese magazine, and in Japanese,) the main story, "7 Homunculi vs the Military" or whatever, was the special shown at Universal Studio-Japan during early summer last year.

Also, one of the short story (new) is with "chibi" versions of FMA characters, at the party for the FMA movie. smile.gif
karasu
It has the USJ picture and 3 short stories.

A real picture part. (I can't translate it so well. Non anime? But It must be animation....)
A banquet part. (by SD characters)
Children part.
Automne
Thank you for this picture karasu! (But I just...Died...RoyEd is...Canon :dies:)
Reika
I don't see it like roy*ed, it's more like "roy and ed give you this for you on valentine day", that's how I see it.
lialiakicks
Wait, the pic in the first reply looks like that episode that they were showing at Japan's Disney or whatever. >_>

But, the chibi!OVA looks awesome~! YAY!!! I'll get to see mroe Heiderich!!! XD
Automne
Reika: :relives: Well, I hope you are right! XD But I already saw so much pics of Mustang and Ed together like this (Well, only two, the christmas picture and this one but that's already too much) and I personally think it's heading more toward some MustangXEd hints...And it is not even valentine day O_o or this pic is old. Oh anyway, Envy'll win!

Let's stay on topic: I can't wait for these OAVs, that's all I've got to say! Can't wait to see the chibis party! happy.gif
Toby-Chan
Ah! Chibi OAV! That looks fantabulously hilarious!

*Looks at magazine scan*

Is that Chibi Breda in a bikini? o.o...

That's just Fecking wrong!
MasterKris
KAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! A CHIBI OVA!! AND IT'S THE MOVIE VERSION!
(wow, B/C of Gluttony, it looks like a 5 year old, 1990's version cartoon...reminds me of this old cartoon...)
Why is Envy looking so... CREEPY?? (descriptionally, why is he blushing??)
-Why is Dante and Hughes in one room?
OMG!! SO KAWAII!! CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH!

And..and that pic of Ed and Roy..
IPB Image
must print it to use it as a valentine's day card....

Reika: :relives: Well, I hope you are right! XD But I already saw so much pics of Mustang and Ed together like this (Well, only two, the christmas picture and this one but that's already too much) and I personally think it's heading more toward some MustangXEd hints...And it is not even valentine day O_o or this pic is old. Oh anyway, Envy'll win!

Let's stay on topic: I can't wait for these OAVs, that's all I've got to say! Can't wait to see the chibis party!

Seriously, is BONES going toward EdxRoy?? But the pictures are hot...
What was the *too much* one? I remember the Christmas one though...
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jan 9 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]337541[/snapback]

Notice he seems to be slyly staring at drunken bikini-clad Breda...

Is Envy in luuuurve?
Tombow
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Jan 9 2006, 11:28 AM) [snapback]337479[/snapback]

Wait, the pic in the first reply looks like that episode that they were showing at Japan's Disney or whatever. >_>

Yeah, the magazine says that main story of this ova is the one shown at Universal Studio-Japan during early summer last year. smile.gif
(If you have seen it, please tell us about it!! happy.gif)

QUOTE(Reika @ Jan 9 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]337471[/snapback]

I don't see it like roy*ed, it's more like "roy and ed give you this for you on valentine day", that's how I see it.

More likely. If this is the magazine just came out in Japan, which I think is the case, then this is probably "February" issue, which is bound to contain "Valentine's Day" stuff, and, although/(if) this was in the same magazine that reported about the FMA ova, this pic is probably nothing to do with FMA ova, and more likely it's there as a reader service, and I agree with Reika that the pic looks to me as "Roy and Ed give you this for you on valentine day!!"

Whatever it is, I love the pic!! happy.gif
tinlunlau
i love how one of those sites has a really detailed listing of the dubs of FMA all over the world. too bad all the info is in Japanese. would have been a really good read.
Automne
QUOTE(MasterKris Posted Yesterday @ 09:48 PM)
Seriously, is BONES going toward EdxRoy??

I do think so, there is certainly something implied. Even Umekyo for ZOMFTA saw this...:sigh: But really, can't Bones draw something else than these two characters, really, I think it's becoming boring dry.gif;

QUOTE(MasterKris Posted Yesterday @ 09:48 PM)

He must feel flirty! XD If you're looking really well at his eyes, i don't think he's looking at Breda...But Wrath does look jealous XD
TheVileOne
Even though the OVA collection looks like its mainly just comedy, I'm happy we'll be getting more FMA.

Hopefully Funimation gets both this and the movie.
Giuhni
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Jan 9 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]337480[/snapback]

(...) I already saw so much pics of Mustang and Ed together like this (Well, only two, the christmas picture and this one but that's already too much) and I personally think it's heading more toward some MustangXEd hints...And it is not even valentine day O_o or this pic is old. Oh anyway, Envy'll win!

Hahaha I guess they draw pics of these two just because they're the two hottest guys of the show XD (not only my opinion, but of many other fangirls, I believe rolleyes.gif )
Mystique
after checking the main page and not seeing any info on the news bit, i went to make a same thread in the movies part tongue.gif
hee hee, gomen, as it is, i'd like for a mod to merge into here, but until that happens i'll just leave my link in here

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...ndpost&p=337654
with my post, or may copy/paste it all in here later....

same kinda layout i did the dvd one, stuck the info from the fma.co.jp newsletter and roughly translated it.
anyone wanna have a look and re check me is more than welcome ^^
Elemental/Alchemist
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jan 6 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]337246[/snapback]

I think this is just a gag story stuffed somewhere mid-series.

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jan 9 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]337541[/snapback]

KAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! A CHIBI OVA!! AND IT'S THE MOVIE VERSION!
(wow, B/C of Gluttony, it looks like a 5 year old, 1990's version cartoon...reminds me of this old cartoon...)
-Why is Dante and Hughes in one room?
OMG!! SO KAWAII!! CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH!

the OVA looks awesome, complete with even the useless scene laugh.gif
but i have a lingering question...
huh.gif um...*confused* ... if greed, lust and pride are back, and if hughes is seen, and if this is not after the series ended, since then how could dante possibly be back -
could that mean that this really is mid-series and that this could be before hughes died? - then hopefully he could actually be included in the OVA? --
*is getting really antsy in anticipation right now*
i'd love to see him again, he was awesome in the series...
Katrina Forest
I don't think it's mid-series. I think it's characters-got-together-for-no-apparent reason. (If anyone's seen the Fushigi Yuugi bus omake that was made with the OAV's it has about the same effect.)
Mystique
QUOTE(karasu @ Jan 9 2006, 01:18 PM) [snapback]337461[/snapback]

It has the USJ picture and 3 short stories.

A real picture part. (I can't translate it so well. Non anime? But It must be animation....)
A banquet part. (by SD characters)
Children part.

the ed and roy thing is usually for White day (march 14th) when the guys gotta give chocolates to the girls one month after they did for valentines day.
usually have sexy droolicious pics of the both of them but nothing together or dodgy tho.
Yummy ed.. IPB Image

(is it me or does the attachment have trouble loading it always stops half way and freezes) IPB Image

Tombow
More info added on the posted site:
(2006.1.12 02:02追記)
<<English information about new OVA>>
Fullmetal Alchemist new OVA DVD to be released on March, 2006 in Japan.
According to ANICAN extra issue Vol.5, February issue of Animedia and Newtype, it is called "鋼の錬金術師 PREMIER COLLECTION", and this OVA will include 3 new short stories and "State Alchemists vs Seven Homunculi", which was shown at Universal Studios Japan.
The details are as follows.

Title : 鋼の錬金術師(Hagane no Renkinjutsushi / Fullmetal Alchemist) PREMIER COLLECTION
Release Date : Mar. 29, 2006
Price : 3990 JPYen
Region : 2
Published by : ANIPLEX
Synopsis of each episodes :
・国家錬金術師軍団VS七大ホムンクルス(State Alchemists vs Seven Homunculi)
The short story shown at USJ's FMA attraction.

・実写篇(Jissha-hen / Live-action part)
One of new episodes. The story of armor Alphonse searching Edward.

・宴会篇(Enkai-hen / Banquet part)
One of new episodes. To celebrate the completion of filming "Conquerer of Shamballa", the party is held on Japanese-style pub named "凡豆(Bonzu)". Cute SD-characters congregate for that party, and make a big racket.

・子ども篇(Kodomo-hen / Children part)
One of new episodes. Not announced.

Staff :
Script : Goro San'yo (another pen name of Sho Aikawa)
Storyboard / Episode Director : Seiji Mizushima
Art Director : Yuko Yazaki

First-press Bonus Extra : two illustlation cards

[pre-order at Amazon.co.jp(22%OFF)]

Wait!! One of the 3 short stories will be a LIVE ACTION short film??!! (Story of armor Al looking for Ed, according to the linked site.)
Wow!! Wonder what it would look llike!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE(Mystique @ Jan 15 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]338811[/snapback]

(is it me or does the attachment have trouble loading it always stops half way and freezes) IPB Image

I had the same problem last week, and I eventually gave up on that one.
(I don't know if the file type was wrong, or the file was too big, or plain site glitch...) unsure.gif
lialiakicks
Gah. I hope the OVAs are at least 30 minutes each. I will be a very angry Lia if they're only 5 minutes each.... >_>

OMG, there's gonna be a LIVE ACTION ONE?!?!?!?! O________o Why do I have the feeling that it's gonna be a comedy or something. I mean, some dude in an Al armor is kinda scary.... ^^;

・子ども篇(Kodomo-hen / Children part)
One of new episodes. Not announced.

^Alright. This one rises many questions... Children part? Like when Ed, Al, and Winry were kids or something......? O_o Or maybe everyone is gonna be turned into kids? Or what?
FMAlover^
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...95&#entry344395
Pictures of the chibi one. *clearer*
AlConstant217
By the looks of some of the pictures it may even be an alternate ending.
Winkle
QUOTE(AlConstant217 @ Jan 29 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]344511[/snapback]

By the looks of some of the pictures it may even be an alternate ending.

One can only hope but I doubt it.
Irenic Moons
*Reads*

*Screams*

Ahaha, this is probably the best news I've had in a long time.

I was just wondering, does anyone know if OAV is going to be subbed? I was planning on buying it at amazon.jp. I just got my (premium) FMA: Conqueror of Sham. from there (lol, I love it), and it is subtitled, but what about this OAV?

If anyone can find out, I would LOVE you.

Hehe, and if anyone finds the japanese link on amazon.jp, could you post it? It took me awhile to find the FMA movie...

Orrrrrr, I could just wait for the fansubs. biggrin.gif

Ooooo....Never mind about the link, I found it (I think).

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...7720746-4135434

Will someone who can read Japanese tell us if there are English subs (and if this actually is the OAV, hehe)?
Toby-Chan
Oooh, they seriously sell the japanese version with subs? Fo' real? The only other Japanese release I've seen that did that was Mononoke, I think.
Mikage_Elric
According to Anime Insider, It is actually some sceens that weren't in the anime and 3 shorts. Don't blame me, Blaim AI
Toby-Chan
@Irenic Moons- Who the heck is the girl in your sig with Ed and why is she facing away from him with her hand down her pants?
Irenic Moons
Haha, Toby-Chan, you are a sick little FMA lover.

Lol, it's just a random anime girl I created, and because she is CHIBI she does not have real hands (and I totally suck at drawing hands).

So...If you look closer, she's actually putting her hand on her hip.

Yeah...Maybe I should change that...
Automne
:doesn't remember if this has been said before:

Looks like there will also be deleted scenes from the movie included...

Info: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8164

Don't know if this is just a rumor though...
Irenic Moons
DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

&^%$#$^*&&()*()%#^%%

*sighs* unsure.gif

For anyone who cares (which should be all of you true fans who can't understand Japanese), I actually did some work using translators for the amazon.co.jp page and found some devastating news (for me). The OVA coming out on March 29th is NOT, I repeat NOT going to be subtitled like Conq. of Sham. was.

I CANNOT believe I am going to have to find it on the net after waiting like a bajillion years for someone to fansub it *cries*

When it does come out, you better all help me find links for it...And I KNOW you can't post links publicly or w/e, but IM me or send me an email...

AND don't comment back saying I shouldn't have expected it to be subtitled just because the MOVIE was. I was just trying to be hopeful and OPTIMISTIC...

Bleh.
vfdj42
Aah, the chibi pics don't work.

Maybe someone posted about this on animenuke and word will get out quicker so we don't have to wait so long for subs. >_<
Toby-Chan
O_o;; Calm down, sweetie. It's just anime; it's not the end of the world.
Winkle
QUOTE(Irenic Moons @ Feb 18 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]351610[/snapback]

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

&^%$#$^*&&()*()%#^%%

*sighs* unsure.gif

For anyone who cares (which should be all of you true fans who can't understand Japanese), I actually did some work using translators for the amazon.co.jp page and found some devastating news (for me). The OVA coming out on March 29th is NOT, I repeat NOT going to be subtitled like Conq. of Sham. was.

I CANNOT believe I am going to have to find it on the net after waiting like a bajillion years for someone to fansub it *cries*

When it does come out, you better all help me find links for it...And I KNOW you can't post links publicly or w/e, but IM me or send me an email...

AND don't comment back saying I shouldn't have expected it to be subtitled just because the MOVIE was. I was just trying to be hopeful and OPTIMISTIC...

Bleh.

Well, I'm sure a fansub will be out in a jiffy. FMA is popular and hot property, fansub groups will be racing to sub it and release it.
MasterKris
The DVD will also include deleted scenes from the movie that weren't included when it was screened at Universal Studios Japan.

OMGOMOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!! blink.gif
Deleted scenes??????????? ph34r.gif
Jedi28
I don't think it's Conqueror of Shambala that there will be deleted scenes for. It's the Alchemists vs... thing that was screened in Japan. They keep referring to it as a "movie" even though it ain't. I thought the same thing at first, deleted scenes to the actual MOVIE. I found it on a pre-order site though and it's the deleted scenes for the OVA that was screened.
See, here's the site. I suppose it could be mistaken, they've got the release year wrong (05 instead of 06). Also, the last time I looked it said it'd be 40 minutes long and now that's gone as well.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(mint)/detailview...l?KEY=ANSB-2005
Nepharski
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 20 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]352274[/snapback]

I don't think it's Conqueror of Shambala that there will be deleted scenes for. It's the Alchemists vs... thing that was screened in Japan. They keep referring to it as a "movie" even though it ain't. I thought the same thing at first, deleted scenes to the actual MOVIE. I found it on a pre-order site though and it's the deleted scenes for the OVA that was screened.
See, here's the site. I suppose it could be mistaken, they've got the release year wrong (05 instead of 06). Also, the last time I looked it said it'd be 40 minutes long and now that's gone as well.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(mint)/detailview...l?KEY=ANSB-2005

So, does anyone know when the OAV will come State-side?
Jedi28
Probably not until next year, maybe in the summer. The last DVD release of the Anime series should be released around January of next year, then the movie will be released sometime after that, and then the Premium Collection after that.
Winkle
Don't think anyone knows that yet. Personally I doubt before the movie hits America first. Although I could see it being released here before if there's no material in the OAV related to the movie. If there is, I doubt Funimation or whoever gets distribution rights in North America will release it before the movie here.
Jedi28
Last I heard, Funimation hasn't even licensed the movie yet or gotten started on the dub. They'll probably do it soon, but it goes to show how long it takes. At least we'll be able to find out about it online I suppose.
Kenshin018
I hate to bring potentially bad news, but did anyone note the DVD length at CDJapan? It's only 40 minutes long - if it includes the Universal Japan film and three "episodes" otherwise, that's only 10 minutes a segment. Glad to have a little more FMA but it DOES seem a little shameless to put out something so...minimal. Not that I won't buy it, but it's still a bummer...

Nick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.