Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Ova
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AndroidLust
Don`t worry about it Kenshin018, the site screwed up the release date so it`s possible that they made a mistake on the running time as well. Or...maybe no. Only time will tell.
Jedi28
QUOTE(AndroidLust @ Feb 28 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]356352[/snapback]

Don`t worry about it Kenshin018, the site screwed up the release date so it`s possible that they made a mistake on the running time as well. Or...maybe no. Only time will tell.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. On Amazon.com they often have mistakes like that, some are funny like having the release date as 1967 or something. I'm like Wow, they're so on top of things that they released the series forty some odd years before it was made! Often things will be updated closer to the release date so keep an eye peeled! ;D
Nepharski
Well, I heard that it was a collection of shorts, so I'm not so surprised. Becuases of the Shambala Afterparty movie, I doubt it will be released before the film. Fortunately, we know know the film is coming on October 3, 2006, so not too much to worry about.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 1 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]356713[/snapback]

Well, I heard that it was a collection of shorts, so I'm not so surprised. Becuases of the Shambala Afterparty movie, I doubt it will be released before the film. Fortunately, we know know the film is coming on October 3, 2006, so not too much to worry about.

who knows, maybe they will be extras for Shamballah.
Jedi28
Well, it'll be released in Japan on March 29th (28th for those across the International Date Line). Hopefully, people who can actually speak Japanese (I wish I was one of them!) will get it and then post on the boards what it's all about and stuff. I guess mainly I'm curious about the one OVA that nobody seems to know anything about. I'm not expecting it to be anything big, the whole thing seems to be mainly for entertainment purposes as opposed to actually adding anything to the canon.
Automne
:revives thread:

So, I found new scans of the OAV, big resolution, on MiniTokyo. And I wondered if someone, maybe Tombow, could translate what it says. Who knows? Maybe there's some more interesting infos...Also found another scan, but I don't know if it relates to the OAV. I first thought it was fan-made, but no. O_o It's drawn weidly, just like the last Valentine Day scan.
Nepharski
Actually, last time I checked, we only know what two of them are: one is a chibi bonus piece that complements the Movie (done like a backstage afterparty, no less), and the second one is a brief movie that showed in Japan for awhile called The State Military Vs. The Seven Homunculi, which also promises to be a humor piece.

The other two are unknown at this time.
Jedi28
No, it's been said on a couple of different sites that the third one is a cosplay of Ed searching for Al. We don't know what the fourth one is though. But only a week and a half or so to find out. biggrin.gif
andyface
please forgive my ignorance! what's an OVA? and being a not japanese speaking/reading person (why do i have to be english???) is it going to be nicely subbed?
Winkle
It can be OVA or OAV, either are accepted.

They stand for

OVA = Original Video Animation
OAV = Original Animated Video

These are anime that are released straight to DVD, they're not aired on TV at all, and can be released in episodic format as well in a series. They have larger budgets then a TV series, so usually their quality of animation, sound and everything is much higher but not on the scale of a movie.
andyface
ah cool, cheers for info. sounds cool!
Le Monkey
QUOTE(andyface @ Mar 21 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]366719[/snapback]

please forgive my ignorance! what's an OVA? and being a not japanese speaking/reading person (why do i have to be english???) is it going to be nicely subbed?

Problem with being english?
QUOTE(andyface @ Mar 22 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]367154[/snapback]

ah cool, cheers for info. sounds cool!

*Head -> Desk
andyface
QUOTE(le monkey @ Mar 22 2006, 04:34 PM) [snapback]367179[/snapback]

*Head -> Desk

yeah that's probably the most logical thing for me to do
Roy-Riz-fan
YES!! more FMA soon to be released biggrin.gif Too bad the anime had to end dry.gif
Koneko_chan
SEVEN DAYS!!! YIPPEE!!!
Jedi28
But will it end in happiness or disappointment? We don't know anything about the fourth OVA but I don't have a lot of hope in it considering that the other three are fluffiness. What I'm kinda hoping for is something in the Chibi themed movie after party like this:

Al: Hey Ed, do you think you'll still be so sort in the sequel?
Ed: You jerk.

Probably wishful thinking though. biggrin.gif
Wyrd_Raven
I have a sneaky suspiscion this OAV will be short and may make people happy but leave questions up in the air still. From my experience of Amusement park movies from Japan (thanks to youtube) more often than not its short and action packed, an example being Kamen Rider RX Stay in the World. it was around 17 minutes. It may still be that 40 minute run time. Which of course means that when this comes out Funi gets the licensing power on it and may either put it into some combo package with the movie somehow.
Jedi28
The theme park based one is entitled The State Alchemists VS. The Seven Homunculi so yeah, it's going to be a lot of action. I saw a screenshot of it that showed Ed, Roy, and others, looking determined and in fighting stances. Should be entertaining at least. Then there's the chibi-themed Conqueror of Shambala after dinner party, a cosplay of Ed hunting for Al (I'm guessing based off the "Al, Captured" episode) and then a fourth one that we don't know anything about but I believe it's entitled something like "The Strange Child" or "The Unusual Child."
Koneko_chan
Six days.
Winkle
Personally, I don't see the OVAs as adding to the continuity, it's just some video sorts involving the FMA universe. Probably won't even be considered canon within the animed-universe. I think it's just Bones continuing to milk the FMA franchise for all it's worth.
Jedi28
My thoughts exactly though I'm not entirely sure about the motivation. If they just wanted to milk the franchise then we'd have endless episodes that didn't add to the plot and mutliple pointless movies as well. FMA is insanely popular but they only did 51 episodes and 1 movie. Maybe they just woke up one day and said WTH! This Anime is insanely popular and we're not miliking it!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Winkle
Well there's a limit as to how much they can milk it. They can't keep cranking out episodes after episodes and movies after movies unless they're dead-set on turning FMA into Pokemon. They're milking it, but they're doing it within reason at least.
Koneko_chan
Five days.
Koneko_chan
Four days.

Double post. Nyehe. tongue.gif
Le Monkey
Please dont doble post, Just edit the last post to add in what you wanted.
Koneko_chan
Hissssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Fine. -____________________________________-
Irenic Moons
Hiss?

ok...(jk im not making fun of u, we're all weird)

Ahaha, we need to make sure someone subs this thing...
Jedi28
Japan is across the International Date Line so I guess the OVA comes out tomorrow technically. I hope it's worth buying.
black_dragon_Miyoko
I heard it comes out on the 29th
Toby-Chan
*Wonders to self*

Mebbe Hime will get it and be able to upload the files somehow. =.=
Jedi28
QUOTE(black_dragon_Miyoko @ Mar 27 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]370155[/snapback]

I heard it comes out on the 29th

Yep, but we're talking about Japan. Where I live it's Monday the 27 right now. However, in Japan (across the IDL) it's Tuesday the 28th (or at least it will be shortly). So the OVA comes out tomorrow in Japan which will be Wednesday the 29th there (and Tuesday the 28th here). It's not perfect, there's not an exact 24 hour time difference between the two hemispheres but close enough.
Sajid
well it is the 29th...why isnt anyone from Japna posting anything.....I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE?!!!?!!??!?!?!. sad.gif .... oh and i'd like to know when the Conqueror of Shambala will be dubbed? smile.gif
Koneko_chan
October 3rd.

I hope someone uploads the OAV on the net. I'd cry if they didn't.
MasterKris
Hope that no one (like last time for the movie) will trick us again into thinking there's a RAW and giving away our e-mail and makig us look like fools. dry.gif

Gah, I'm seriously dying to watch the OVA's!! Hope it gets subbed faster than the movie... I JUST CAN'T WAIT! *fan scream*
Koneko_chan
Hah. I remember that. tongue.gif

You guys were so dumb to fall for it.

I downloaded it that week and watched it ten times. WITHOUT giving away my email. tongue.gif
Jedi28
Or so you think............. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Koneko_chan
ohmy.gif

O_o

Uh...

>_<
Tombow
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 27 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]370372[/snapback]
Hope that no one (like last time for the movie) will trick us again into thinking there's a RAW and giving away our e-mail and makig us look like fools. dry.gif
Yeah, that was so mean!! And people kept falling for it, even with our repeaed warnings!! rolleyes.gif

OK, so it's already 28th afternoon in Japan, right??
I wanna see the content soon!!!
Koneko_chan
I wanna go to Mitsuwa and get volume 13. T_______T

I NEED THOSE CARDS, DAMNIT!!!

Rawr. My manga got taken away. T__T
Tombow
QUOTE(Koneko_chan @ Mar 28 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]370576[/snapback]
I wanna go to Mitsuwa and get volume 13. T_______T
I NEED THOSE CARDS, DAMNIT!!!
Rawr. My manga got taken away. T__T
Ummm...ok, sorry about that!! But, this is Hagaren anime OVA thread... unsure.gif
*coughspamcough* rolleyes.gif
You can post that on FMA manga Vol 13 thread in FMA manga forum, tho. biggrin.gif

So, anyway, no news or scans or screen shots yet??? ANYONE???
Jedi28
What's the time difference? If it's only fourteen hours then it's very early morning over there right now, Wednesday the 29th for them. I wouldn't expect anything until this evening or tonight.
MasterKris
Loading it up to the internet will also take some time. The subbed version will take even longer.... sad.gif
Just get off the internet, go to bed, sleep, wake up the next morning and it will be already the 29th. (wait, that's not good, we have school...)
Koneko_chan
When can we expect it on the net earliest by? I WANNA WATCH THE OAV!!!

Some screenshots would be nice...
Nega FMA
Greeds in the OVA's,its bound to be good! I hope the humonculus have a little argument between each other. I'd love to see Envy and Greed go at each others throats again. tongue.gif

The OVA's better not get too out of the anime. Like having certain characters do things they couldn't or wouldn't normally do in the anime.
lialiakicks
Mmkay. It's like 12:30am March 29th.

SOMEONE POST SCREENCAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...D: *emo*
Senefen
Chill people.
Its 5:25pm on the 29th my time (Aus)
Which makes it I think 3:35pm on the 29th Jap time.
How is this being released BTW? shown on TV, DVD what? Cos if its TV it prob hasnt been on yet.
Tombow
QUOTE(Senefen @ Mar 29 2006, 01:26 AM) [snapback]370887[/snapback]
How is this being released BTW? shown on TV, DVD what? Cos if its TV it prob hasnt been on yet.
DVD. Called "FullMetal Alchemist PREMIUM COLLECTION"

(Ummm... @lialiakicks - I think your enthusiastic post is making this thread streching sideways... tongue.gif )
Toby-Chan
I have discovered screenshots, but Hime has requested to keep them strictly to her Friends-list for now.

So, if you're on livejournal and have Hime1999 as a friend, you can see them...

Otherwise, no blinding cuteness for you.
Automne
Got the advice from one of my friends who saw the OAV. Said it was utter crap, OOC and foolish as hell. I guess she was talking about the entire OAV so yeah, I'll wait to see it myself, but I'm not as thrilled anymore.
Jedi28
I already figured it would be utter crap. I was just hoping it would be ENTERTAINING utter crap. What was the fourth OVA about, the one there was no information on?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.