Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Ova
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Hunterk
For those who have watched the whole episodes, the movie, and all the OVAs.
Do you really think they stayed in our world?.
I mean, in the Kids OVA they do show Ed in there, and it says that he turned 100 year olds... but...
What about his automail? I mean, He did Grew a lot, how did he get another Automail that fit him?
Besides, after 82 years, (he is 18 in the movie) I bet that his old iron automail should have gotten rusty.

What do you think?
I think he went back, had some adventures then came back.
Besides, how do you explain that the little girl looks just like Winry?
I thought up this theory because I didn't really like their decision.
(they could have just sent a message to the other side to destroy the gate, or go there, give the message, then go back!)
I had to take that off me, hehehe.
Post what you think.
If someone already posted about this, I'm really sorry, I just didn't search very well. x.x
Tombow
@Hunterk - Welcome to the board!!

I'm merging your "After The Movie..., Did they really stayed there? (Spoiler?)" thread to FMA OVA thread, then I'll post my reply there. smile.gif

Now to replying to Hunterk:
We discussed this elsewhere in the FMA OVA talk, and according to the interview with the director/producer of the FMA OVA, "The Children" OVA is "what if" type of situation, and not meant to be taken literally as the canon, nor the continuation of the FMA anime storyline, and the ones in the movie are NOT meant to be taken as real off-springs of Ed, Al, Winry, young Mustang Jr., or whatnot.
The Chilren OVA, according to the director, is "what it might have looked like, if Ed came to Japan and grew old to be 100 years old," no more, no less.

I hope this clears up about why the little girl in "The Children" OVA looks like Wintry.

If you have further discussion about the movie ending and beyond, please add your thoughts on many of "Ending" threads we have in this FMA Movie sub-forum smile.gif
Hunterk
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 21 2007, 12:06 AM) *
@Hunterk - Welcome to the board!!

I'm merging your "After The Movie..., Did they really stayed there? (Spoiler?)" thread to FMA OVA thread, then I'll post my reply there. smile.gif

Now to replying to Hunterk:
We discussed this elsewhere in the FMA OVA talk, and according to the interview with the director/producer of the FMA OVA, "The Children" OVA is "what if" type of situation, and not meant to be taken literally as the canon, nor the continuation of the FMA anime storyline, and the ones in the movie are NOT meant to be taken as real off-springs of Ed, Al, Winry, young Mustang Jr., or whatnot.
The Chilren OVA, according to the director, is "what it might have looked like, if Ed came to Japan and grew old to be 100 years old," no more, no less.

I hope this clears up about why the little girl in "The Children" OVA looks like Wintry.

If you have further discussion about the movie ending and beyond, please add your thoughts on many of "Ending" threads we have in this FMA Movie sub-forum smile.gif

Well, yeah, I figured out that those Kids that looked like Roy were not Jrs or something, but still the kids call Ed Grandpa, and that they have a present from Grandpa Al, then they start arguing about that he is not grandpa he is great grandpa blah blah blah~
So I was just, well you know ^^
Tombow
@Hunterk - Yeah, I know... biggrin.gif
Even if they weren't, I still enjoyed watching those kid calling him Grandpa, and talking about Great great... grandpa Al, and all that. ^^
The Frozen Alchemist
@Tombow-Youtube still has the OVAs. Thats how I saw them.
Omifizzle
I hope you all like it, please comment on the video on the accuracy, i did the best i could biggrin.gif i was wondering why nobody had made a translation of it, so i made one (there might be another one but i couldnt find it) Enjoy:

Click here to watch it!
Tombow
Thank you, Omifizzle, and welcome to our board!!
I'm merging this to our existing FMA OVA thread. biggrin.gif
Omifizzle
Here is a link for the fifth OVA, Reflections

Enjoy
Half Metal
looks pretty cool, ill watch it no matter what cuz its fma !
FullMetalFist
how many ova's are there
Tombow
QUOTE (FullMetalFist @ May 19 2009, 11:03 PM) *
how many ova's are there

@FullMetalFist - Officially, Four, I think.
A. State Alchemists vs Seven Homunculi, that was originally made as the attraction for the theme park in Japan,
B. Live action short (which is a very very short one. XD)
C. Chibis at Banquet, really funny one! and,
D. Children (One with 100 years old Ed.."if he were" story)

==============

BTW, FMA OVA DVD!!!
It will be released on August 4, 2009.
Pre-order price (at Amazon) is $14.99 $9.99!!
Haru0496
whoa, i think this OVA will getting more violent than its manga.. laugh.gif
AA battery
QUOTE (Haru0496 @ Jul 9 2009, 02:58 AM) *
whoa, i think this OVA will getting more violent than its manga.. laugh.gif

How so?
Bag of Magic Food
<This post, along with reply posts, are moved from FMA-1 vs FMA:B thread because iit developed into an off-topic discussion on that tthread. ~ Board Staff>
QUOTE (Cronoz @ Nov 30 2009, 11:56 PM) *
But the ending (of FMA-1 anime) was heartbreaking, Ed and Al end up in the middle of WWII, I wonder what will happen to them? Oh, I know, they quickly end up being victims in a time of mass genocide, a concentration camp maybe? Obliterated by an airstrike? Without alchemy stuck in the middle of WWII they're gonners.

Wasn't there an OVA that mentioned where they ended up in the future?
Tombow
QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ Dec 1 2009, 05:52 AM) *
Wasn't there an OVA that mentioned where they ended up in the future?

Nop. That's another one of these FMA misinformation that seems to keep going around and around. XD (Someday we should make "Frequently posted FMA misinformation" thread with the collection of these FMA misinformation and the corrections. tongue.gif )
I assume you are referring to "Children" OVA, in which Ed is a 100 years old "grandpa"? If so, that OVA was NOT meant to be taken as a canon extension of the FMA-1 anime storyline, so said Mr. Seiji Mizushima, who was the director of that OVA, as well as the director of FMA-1 anime series and "CoS" FMA movie, in one of his interviews that came out around the time that FMA "Children" OVA was released. In that interview, he said that the fans should take that OVA as a "what if" fantasy kind of stuff, and not as a real FMA storyline. I translated that interview, and it's posted somewhere in one of the FMA forums on our board, although I can't remember where. XD

Anyway, the bottom line is that where the FMA story ends at the conclusion of "CoS" FMA movie, we should take that as the end of FMA-1 anime story line, according to the director of FMA-1 anime. smile.gif
Bag of Magic Food
QUOTE (Tombow @ Dec 1 2009, 05:21 AM) *
In that interview, he said that the fans should take that OVA as a "what if" fantasy kind of stuff, and not as a real FMA storyline.

Well if they're not going to make an "official" continuation of the story, then I'm going to consider that future to be the correct one.
Broken Chouchou
About that OVA, one thing always struck me as odd. How the heck did chibi-Winry end up being one of Ed's grandchildren, considering Winry stayed in Amestris?

That must mean that Ed (or his son) met the "our world" equivalent to Winry, right?

Like, lucky?
shanryelric
the "Hagaren Kids" OVA was a heart-breaking OVA to me, It's just sad too see that ed is just stuck in the otherverse, grow old, get a wife.. having children.. get a life.. and that is just so.. so.. I don't know, It's just so sad ; A ;
Misty- Nala
QUOTE (Tombow @ Dec 1 2009, 02:21 PM) *
I assume you are referring to "Children" OVA, in which Ed is a 100 years old "grandpa"? If so, that OVA was NOT meant to be taken as a canon extension of the FMA-1 anime storyline, so said Mr. Seiji Mizushima, who was the director of that OVA, as well as the director of FMA-1 anime series and "CoS" FMA movie, in one of his interviews that came out around the time that FMA "Children" OVA was released. In that interview, he said that the fans should take that OVA as a "what if" fantasy kind of stuff, and not as a real FMA storyline.

Thanks for the explanation! I always kept thinking Kids couldn't be a real continuation. Not with the Conqueror of Shamballa in the movie theater (anyone else noticed it?). That would have been to poignant. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.