Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Ova
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Popogeejo
So Al was wearing Vaccum formed plastic,and silly old me thought it was plate mail rolleyes.gif
Seriously It wouldn't be hard to make cheap metal looking plastic.Look at Lord of the Rings.they did it so why can't this guy?
I won't be watching it for some reason. wink.gif
Valrie
OH MY GOD! I just watched tha OVA! What was that!? blink.gif
I don't really know what I was expecting before watching it, but certainly not that! I thought we would see Alphonse running or walking but he does not even move... Luckily for us, we don't see any real character!
Sin Of Envy
4th OVA sucks! Al is bleeping something about nii-san, he's not even walking and we didn't see other characters!!!!
But at least I saw Japan XD
AA battery
QUOTE(Reika @ Apr 15 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]381284[/snapback]

You know? I DO believe it's bones' job.

Yes, it is BONES's job. My friend just downloaded the .iso for the Premium DVD and yea... all 4 of those OVA do come together in that DVD...

.... also with a bunch of random armors dancing (including the Al-alike armor but without loincloth) for like 4 minutes (background music = Hagane no Kokoro) and it is distrubingly hilarious...
Envious...
QUOTE(Nil-chan @ Apr 6 2006, 07:08 PM) [snapback]375740[/snapback]

ooh, envious, if it is korean and you can read it, could you please post the translation...? I will love you forever.

Christ I'm very late.

Sorry everyone. But like someone said already. That's clearly not Korean. I'm sad too.
Reika
sorry to be asking this again, but... wasn't there any post of how to download a youtube video? ^^U... I've been searching it and I can't find it.... helpy, please?
Riza Mustang
Reika: about downloading youtube videos you can use this link Youtube video download.
Damascus
Thanks, Riza! That will solve all of my problems, b/c with torrents it take a bajillion months for a single video to download sad.gif
Tombow
I know lots of people going "wtf " on Live action OVA, but I liked it!! laugh.gif
The key is not to have any high expectations, I think!! And understand that this one is totally a joke, a gag, silly goof, I think.
(Tho, some of the funny part may get lost in the translatiion, too. )
Anyway, yeah, that one looks like some FMA fans made it with $200 budget or something. laugh.gif And, it's so bad it's funny!! biggrin.gif
Reika
Thanks Riza Mustang!!!
tinlunlau
http://rapidshare.de/files/18258641/hagare...ds_ova.rar.html

this OVA made me drop a tear.
AA battery
you guys should all get the DVD RIP of the WHOLE premium edition DVD. (If you have 2.4GB to spare, and if you do use bittorrent, and if you do know how to deal with .iso files) The quality is much better and you see more than just the OVAs... (altho those are not so important stuff....)
Sin Of Envy
How many OVA's are there exactly? I know 4 for now but will there be more?!
Artemis of Light
WHA?!?!!? There's an OVA?!?! What's it about? When is it being released?
Tombow
@Artemis of Light - It came out in March. You can rea all about it right here on this thread.
Just go ahead and skim through this thread from the begining. smile.gif

@Sin Of Envy - Yap, 4 of them. This latest "Premium Collection" includes "Homunclous vs State Alchemist", "Chibi party", "Children", and "Live action."
And, according to Bones, that's it for FMA OVA. (Or, at least that's it, till they decide to make some more money, I think.) biggrin.gif
Reika
After watching the live action OVA I hope that's it for once and for all.
Tombow
QUOTE(Reika @ Apr 18 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]382987[/snapback]
After watching the live action OVA I hope that's it for once and for all.
Gahaha!! I have to agree with that!! Shoudn't get any lower!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Reika
Gahaha!! I have to agree with that!! Shoudn't get any lower!!

Can they? XDD
AndroidLust
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 17 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]382321[/snapback]

I know lots of people going "wtf " on Live action OVA, but I liked it!! laugh.gif

Me too! I thought it was cute. That kind of thing cracks me up, just seeing a huge Al in a crowded street, standing there, being all stupid. laugh.gif
And the door! Awww, poor Alphonse...
Popogeejo
On Youtube I found yet another OVA.I think it's a bit older than the others.
It's in 6 parts and is called Reflections.It's basicly a round up of the series and has some extra dialoge which was cool.Well worth a look.
Dumpling
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 18 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]382982[/snapback]

Yap, 4 of them. This latest "Premium Collection" includes "Homunclous vs State Alchemist", "Chibi party", "Children", and "Live action."
And, according to Bones, that's it for FMA OVA. (Or, at least that's it, till they decide to make some more money, I think.) biggrin.gif

I'm a bit slow, so i've JUST manage to watch one of the oav. I'm guessing the one i saw was the "Chibi Party" (where ALL of the characters were in chibi form and spoofing off from the movie lol- like what happened after they made the movie ahahhhaaha kawaii!).

and i have a question, are all of the oavs going to be in chibi form as well??? laugh.gif moreover, the chibi oav was only 6 something minutes, are all of them that short too?

It's just so great to see more of FMA, even if it's only so short. ehhe at first i thought it was some joke made by some fan and watnot, but when i heard and recognized Ed's voice from the chibi character, i was estatic! laugh.gif so funny.
Damascus
That's the only one that's chibi. ^.^ But the State Alchemists vs. Homunculi... it kicks so much ass I don't even know where to begin. SEE THAT ONE!!
Sin Of Envy
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 18 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]383057[/snapback]

It's in 6 parts and is called Reflections.It's basicly a round up of the series and has some extra dialoge which was cool.Well worth a look.

I saw it too, it's fanmade actually...
Tombow
@Dumpling - Long time no see!! biggrin.gif
Yap, they are all short. And, you can watch all of them on YouTube.
Go to YouTube, and search FullMetal Alchemist OVA. smile.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Reika @ Apr 18 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]383048[/snapback]

Gahaha!! I have to agree with that!! Shoudn't get any lower!!

Can they? XDD

Of course they can! Next time perhaps they can tell us that Ed is actually a totally boobless GIRL and is in love with Roy or something. If they really make an OVA like that... that can definately make me quit anime as a whole and focus better on my exmas and school. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Sin Of Envy @ Apr 19 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]383379[/snapback]

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 18 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]383057[/snapback]

I saw it too, it's fanmade actually...

... wt*? Reflection is NOT fanmade. It's totally offical. I have the DVD of the ACTUAL SHOWING OF THE VOICE ACTING of the Reflection. (like, the Voice Actors doing it in a concert hall or something like that.) That DVD is two parts. First DVD is the concert hall showing (I think they were doing it in a few places in Japan, and the one on DVD is the last show, in Osaka, if I remember correctly), and the second DVD is the ANIME version aka the "Reflection". All the scenes were from the anime itself so that's probably why you had the MISCONCEPTION that it is fanmade.

(Kugimiya Rie is sooo cute XD;;; Park Romi looks so cool too xD;;; Roy's VA is pretty... um, not as handsome as Roy, that's definatel XD I think Hughes' VA looks really cool~ Envy's VA is a pretty unique lady. )

And yes, Popogeejo, it's a pretty old one (at least a year... it came out way before the movie did.) I can check my DVD and see when exactly it came out but nah I am too lazy...

Edit: I forgot to add... in the Voice Acting showing DVD, they also had Live Concert of of singers that did Kesenai Tsumi, Tobira no Mukou he, I Will, UNDO, and Bratja... and that DVD is called Tales of Another.... and that whole "showing around Japan" is called Tales of Another Festival.
Dark Alchemist Sakura
Dude.... Bones should stick to angst.... like they just suck at humor, like really suck....Like do another wolf's rain or something, but dont try adding humor, okay?

Oh and a question, sorry, its for a fanfic....

Who are they the grandkids of? Al's or Ed's? Because they call both of them grandpa..... lol, so clueless about japanese culture....
Tombow
Thanks, armor-alchemist for the info!! smile.gif

QUOTE(Dark Alchemist Sakura @ Apr 19 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]383577[/snapback]
Dude.... Bones should stick to angst.... like they just suck at humor, like really suck....Like do another wolf's rain or something, but dont try adding humor, okay?
LOL!! biggrin.gif

And about grandkids, ithe OVA doesn't specify, so we don't know. The whole thing is vague.
That means, I guess for the fanfic you can run your imagination wild?? biggrin.gif
Reika
Of course they can! Next time perhaps they can tell us that Ed is actually a totally boobless GIRL and is in love with Roy or something. If they really make an OVA like that... that can definately make me quit anime as a whole and focus better on my exmas and school.

I alerady was afraid to think that when in the movie Roy made his reappearance when Ed appeared on Amestris and when they said that he wasn't waiting for Riza but another one was because they were trying to add RoyxEd!! XDDDDDDD
AA battery
QUOTE(Reika @ Apr 20 2006, 01:08 AM) *
Of course they can! Next time perhaps they can tell us that Ed is actually a totally boobless GIRL and is in love with Roy or something. If they really make an OVA like that... that can definately make me quit anime as a whole and focus better on my exmas and school.

I alerady was afraid to think that when in the movie Roy made his reappearance when Ed appeared on Amestris and when they said that he wasn't waiting for Riza but another one was because they were trying to add RoyxEd!! XDDDDDDD

but Ed still left him... literally DUMPED him LOLHAHAHAHHAHA Ed dumped Winry too LOL HAHAHAHHA

Elricest is the movie canon. I swear~~~~~ ♥♥♥ Ed even dreamed of Al~~~~~~~~~ *gets shot*

ok, stop getting offtopic XDDDDDDD
Reika
hahaha, alright, let's stop here XD
Nega FMA
Well....Al IS his brother. what cracked me up in the grandkids OVA was how there was a picture of Ed standing next to Dr.King. LMFAO laugh.gif

How cute.
Kawool
Good news, subs for the 'alchemists vs homunculi' has been released
like usual i wont post direct link but if you try harder (tokyotosho) or click on signature you may have a good tip !
I hope you'll all enjoy it !
Chiyo
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 5 2006, 11:18 PM) [snapback]375160[/snapback]

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 5 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]375109[/snapback]

What did even Envy say when he was holding dat microphone??

"My goodness, the people at this table sure are quiet."

Is that because they are all technically dead laugh.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Apr 21 2006, 05:12 AM) [snapback]384332[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 5 2006, 11:18 PM) [snapback]375160[/snapback]

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 5 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]375109[/snapback]

What did even Envy say when he was holding dat microphone??

"My goodness, the people at this table sure are quiet."

Is that because they are all technically dead laugh.gif

The sign on that table reads "Dead people team/group".
Chiyo
Yea....I knew that...... blink.gif

Thanks for pointing it out.
Fullmini Alchemist
QUOTE(Damascus @ Apr 19 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]383378[/snapback]

That's the only one that's chibi. ^.^ But the State Alchemists vs. Homunculi... it kicks so much ass I don't even know where to begin. SEE THAT ONE!!

I just saw it and it is awesome!! The fight, everything! A must see!
AlConstant217
In the Grandkids Ova there are numerous photos on the wall in Edward's house. Among them is a photo of a sculpture of the gate that is actually in Stanford University as of now. Here's a pic of it

I like how they did it with the newspaper cutouts of World War II also. I wonder if Ed fought in the war, lol.
Tombow
QUOTE(AlConstant217 @ May 9 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]392860[/snapback]
In the Grandkids Ova there are numerous photos on the wall in Edward's house. Among them is a photo of a sculpture of the gate that is actually in Stanford University as of now. Here's a pic of it

I like how they did it with the newspaper cutouts of World War II also. I wonder if Ed fought in the war, lol.
Ha, I never noticed the gate pic on the wall.. ohmy.gif
Got to go check to "children" OVA again.
@AlConstant217 - Thanks for the info!! biggrin.gif

Fullmini Alchemist
I just realized something, where do you think happened to Al in that? Is he dead?
Tombow
QUOTE(Fullmini Alchemist @ May 10 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]393574[/snapback]
I just realized something, where do you think happened to Al in that? Is he dead?
"Where"?? Or, you meant "what had happened to Al"??
And, you meant in "Children" OVA?? If so, Al is alive, and children refer to him in OVA as Grandpa.
AMAG_Chic
QUOTE(AlConstant217 @ May 9 2006, 09:24 AM) [snapback]392860[/snapback]

I noticed that too:), and they even had a newspaper clip of 9/11; which sort of made me feel it was some kind of small tribute to what happened that day. So, my guess is that Mr. Edward Elric spend his days catching up on any events that is happening in our world.
Karuki
QUOTE(AMAG_Chic @ May 11 2006, 07:54 PM) [snapback]394012[/snapback]

QUOTE(AlConstant217 @ May 9 2006, 09:24 AM) [snapback]392860[/snapback]

I noticed that too:), and they even had a newspaper clip of 9/11; which sort of made me feel it was some kind of small tribute to what happened that day. So, my guess is that Mr. Edward Elric spend his days catching up on any events that is happening in our world.

Really? blink.gif Wow, I never noticed that..*rewatches* Right..there were a lot of newspaper articles on that wall..

Hehe, I thought it was pretty cute when the grandchildren were trying to perform alchemy smile.gif Oh, and I like the part where they saw the movie ad for Conqueror of Shambala XD Oh wait, and is it just me or does that policeman that the grandchild resembling Ed was talking to looks like Hughes? o.o
Sashima
You what's scary? Seeing a movie about you that happened 100 years ago and seeing merchandise with you and your brother on it. laugh.gif
edwinluvr
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could confirm pretty positively how many OVA's there are?

Are they all in the 'Premium Collection' or is that just a few?

I already know about Alchemists vs. Homunculi, Chibi Movie Party, Hagaren Kids (FMA Children), Reflections.

Thanks to this topic I just learned about the Live Action one. Does that have another name?

I've already got all those subbed except for the live action and just want to make sure there isn't any more. I have tried looking it up on the net, but haven't found out much. Not even Ani News Network helps, they just list two.

Sorry if this has been addressed on this topic already, but I really don't want to go through 23 pages to find out. I looked at the beginning and end pages to see if anyone else answered my question. Thanks for any help in advance.java script:emoticon(':D',%20'smid_4')
AA battery
QUOTE(edwinluvr @ Jun 24 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]415960[/snapback]

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could confirm pretty positively how many OVA's there are?

Are they all in the 'Premium Collection' or is that just a few?

I already know about Alchemists vs. Homunculi, Chibi Movie Party, Hagaren Kids (FMA Children), Reflections.

Thanks to this topic I just learned about the Live Action one. Does that have another name?

I've already got all those subbed except for the live action and just want to make sure there isn't any more. I have tried looking it up on the net, but haven't found out much. Not even Ani News Network helps, they just list two.

Sorry if this has been addressed on this topic already, but I really don't want to go through 23 pages to find out. I looked at the beginning and end pages to see if anyone else answered my question. Thanks for any help in advance.java script:emoticon(':D',%20'smid_4')

... lazy bum.

Yes, that's all. The Reflections (not exactly an OVA, but oh well), Alchemists VS homunculus, Chibi movie party, Kids OVA, and the Live action one (dun think it has other name.)
Rock_son
Well i found all ovas if anny ones intrest in to se.

!!warning!! spoiler on all the movies!! if you havent watched the full metal alchemist conquer of shambala don't look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY-3gXg05P4
this is the aragen kids.. it shows.. well jsut watch.. ive been trying to find somewhere to download it.. but i cant find anny plase for this one... well anny whay this one must be realy rare. the only subbed version i can find is in spanish...

(oh at the end they say like just al and then grandpa grandpa grandpa)
have fun to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_8XWq7PR4
this one is just a fun chibi video... it has almost nothing to do with the sries.. its about how they meet after the recording of the movie. this one (thank god) is in english subbed.. and is quite easely found on the net to download..

(this one had to parts)
(part one) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMbsu35Usbk
(part two) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-ScBjECrY
this one i havent check if it is easyely downloaded,,, but i gues it is since there so manny hits well this one i dont like since they give like an alternetive extra look.. well it aint funny since it destroyes the movie in a way.. check for yourself and you know what i mean (non of the characers fit in the tiome) well thats all i have

Oh by the whay... i am new here laugh.gif
Becca-chan
I love all of those OVA's so much ^^

The ' Kids' one is adorable, although for some reason it makes me feel sad at the end.. I can't explain why though.. but I know it's something O.o`

The Chibi OVA is probably the most funniest out of all of them.

Some of the character's personalities are exaggerated and everything feels really hyperactive ( which makes it really fun.. the thing between Roy and Riza is hilarious..although I do feel sorry for poor Roy ^^; ) and Envy..well I don't normally like him.. but he's absolubtely adorable in this. biggrin.gif

The State Alchemists VS the Homunculi is perhaps the most awesome one.
It's really action packed and brings back some characters that had died ( no Hughes though, he appears in the chibi one though ^^ )

..I do feel sorry for Greed though.. although his expressions in this are just priceless, as are everyone else's laugh.gif

( I also just want to add something about the live action OVA.. it freaked me out the first time I saw it.. yet the second time I watched it was funnier.. there's just something about seeing a motionless Al standing in the middle of a crowd of people as they quite casually walk past.. :: shrugs::

I feel sorry for him at the end though.. mean studio people _ )

Tombow
@Rock_son - Welcome to the board!! These OVAs are licensed material, so I believe YouTube took down the videos.

BTW, the English translation of "Children" OVA is found on this thread, and English translation of Chibi-OVA and "State vs..." can be found on Chibi-OVA and "State vs..." OVA translations thread. smile.gif
FMA-otaku
I love the chibi-ova!! its my favourite. i surely watched it about 10 times, but i cant get enough!! its so kawaiii!! -^^-

alchemist vs. hommunculus is also great. the best part is, where roy schnipsels with both hands very fast. He looks so great there!!!

i wached the children ova without subtitles and though i cannot really speak japanese, i understood everything^^. everywhere are hagaren-posters, and surely there is a lot of merchandise...*keeps on dreaming...*xD

the live-action-ova is so different and intresting...a real al walkng throug tokio (is it tokyo??).
Tombow
Moving this from FMA Anime Japanese/Sub-title Audience forum to FMA Anime Movie forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.