Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Ova
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Reika
God I just hope they are not Ed and Noah's children XD I hope they are Ed and alter Winry's children
Toby-Chan
Um...

The Elricest fans' fantasies came true and through the miracle of modern science they were able to splice their genes and reproduce together without females?

*Shrug*
Jedi28
Man, I hate it when my posts get lost and I have to write them all over again.

Okay, Bones released a set of "Letters to Amestris" in a magazine a while back. The letters are canon and are supposedly written by Ed and Al after the events of the movie, to people back home. I think the idea is they're more like personal journal entries since they obviously had no way to get them back to Amestris and since a few of them are written to dead people (Scar, Imuzi, and Wrath). In one of the letters, Al says that Noah has left them and is off traveling somewhere with her own people and they don't know where she is. It's possible that they met up with her again at some other point but I doubt it in my opinion. Ed never mentions her in a single letter (there's about 7 or 8ish from what I remember) and Al only mentions her the one time and doesn't seem to care all that much.

Anyway, more likely is the children are:
A: the product of Ed and AlterWinry
B. the product of Al and AlterWinry (ya never know)

OR, it's possible the little Winry lookalike is just a friend of the Ed lookalike and the Al lookalike and isn't related to them. Then they could be:
A: the product of Ed and anyone.
B: the product of Al and anyone.

I suppose it's also possible that one of the kids is Al's descendant and the other is Ed's descendant which means that both boys got married and had one or more kids who then got married and blah, blah, to get to the two lookalikes.

Lots of speculation, maybe Bones will have an interview where they say what they intended. That's of course assuming they even meant the OVA to be canon in the first place and not just an alternate scenario type thing, or just random entertainment.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
Or, maybe the real Ed Al and Winry never looked like that, and Edward, telling his story, chose to model the character designs after his grandchildren since there weren't any photos of them when they were young.
Jedi28
Hey, now THERE'S a possibility! I didn't even think of that.

I was re-watching it and did anyone notice Ed's automail hand and arm appear somewhat smaller than his real one? Poor guy, he grew more and had no way of getting the arm adjusted so he's stuck with a too small arm. Of course, the same should be true with his leg which means he SHOULD have had a slight limp to compensate for the fact that the fake leg would have been a little shorter and therefore thrown him off balance.
Damascus
QUOTE(Reika @ Apr 4 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]374447[/snapback]

God I just hope they are not Ed and Noah's children XD I hope they are Ed and alter Winry's children

No way! Ed and Rose/Noah belong together! I knew it ever since he and Rose danced in Dante's mansion. :3

P.S.: What does "canon" mean???? I see it everywhere, but never seen it defined! blink.gif
Popogeejo
Canon is what is a set fact in the story like Ed is a Sate alchemist.Thats Cannon but Ed and Roy being a couple isn't cannon.
Some people consider the anime/film and Manga to be two seperate sets of cannon aswell.
Jedi28
Canon basically means official. The FMA manga is the offical canon (or history) according to the author. The FMA novels (written by another author) are a separate offfical canon history of FMA because they were written with full permission of the Manga author. They're generally considered a separate canon because there's no real time for them to happen if you try to work it out with the Manga timeline and they don't add anything to the plot, they're just fun. The Anime/Movie is an official canon (history) of FMA because it was created by Bones the official owner of the rights to the FMA Anime. The Children's OVA IS canon in the sense that it was done by the Bones who are the creators/owners of the rights. The question is, does it belong to the Anime/Movie canon or is it a separate canon (it's official but is it a separate ending/alternate reality type thing or does it belong to the Movie/Anime)?

So if Joe Bob down the road created a fanmade movie where Ed got a sex change and became Jane, that would not be canon in ANY sense. It wasn't made by the creators or with the permission of the creators so the Ed sex change would not belong in the official history of FMA.

Hope that makes sense. I'm really bad at explaining things and tend to blather on and on. biggrin.gif
Popogeejo
So if Joe Bob down the road created a fanmade movie where Ed got a sex change and became Jane, that would not be canon in ANY sense.

joe Bob has been wantin to make that film for quite a while...
Jedi28
yes, he has. A very, very long time..................in a galaxy far far away.......................
Automne
QUOTE(popogeejo Posted Yesterday @ 04:26 PM)
Canon is what is a set fact in the story like Ed is a Sate alchemist.Thats Cannon but Ed and Roy being a couple isn't cannon.

Duh, what an example! rolleyes.gif Re-watch the movie, my friend! Looks like there's something you didn't notice.

Ah yes, and one more possibility for the Children OAV:

-Let's take out the Winry-look alike since I don't think they're related. It could also be the product of Ed and Alter!Trisha. No, no, calm down! Don't be disgusted! Who said Ed didn't have some sort of Oedipus complex? Hey, it's a possibility!...

And, of course, the anime/manga are two different sets of canon. People writing about the manga won't put any anime hint in their story, though crossovers between the anime and the manga exist.

However, the words 'canon' and 'fanon' are mostly used to refer to pairings and, in FMA, the only true canon pairings in the anime and in the manga (for the moment) are Sig/Izumi, Hoho/Trisha and some others I forgot. And 'fanon', well, it's the fans' invention, of course (some pairings like RoyEd, in the manga, are not canon because, for the moment, there's no hint that it'll happen. And now, there are pairings which are closer to canon than fanon, like Royai or EdWin, but fanon suits them better, IMO, because they're not together yet).
Popogeejo
Duh, what an example! rolleyes.gif Re-watch the movie, my friend! Looks like there's something you didn't notice

Thats just how some fans interpreted it.Me and my friends think Roy was'nt waiting for Ed to return but had put himself in self-exile for failing to become Fuhur and not achiving his dreams.

RoyxEd and RoyxRiza were only hinted at in the series and film but never confirmed.
Automne
For the person who said it was impossible to take screenshots with Windows Media Player (I think it was Lia), this is possible, but not with official DVDs. So, for those who wanted screencaps with Arakawa, Xiao Mei, etc, here they are (Sorry if this has already been posted, and some aren't really useful, like the one to confirm Rose's presence):

IPB Image

Yep, this is Rose. She's wearing a brown bandana, and her son is here too (and forgive my bad skillz).

IPB Image

Arakawa.

IPB Image

And Xiao Mei and Yoki.
Jedi28
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 5 2006, 06:06 AM) [snapback]374899[/snapback]

Duh, what an example! rolleyes.gif Re-watch the movie, my friend! Looks like there's something you didn't notice

Thats just how some fans interpreted it.Me and my friends think Roy was'nt waiting for Ed to return but had put himself in self-exile for failing to become Fuhur and not achiving his dreams.

RoyxEd and RoyxRiza were only hinted at in the series and film but never confirmed.

I got the RoyxEd movie hints but what hints are you talking about from the series? I think Roy was waiting for Ed for whatever reason (never got that one myself). He hadn't used his alchemy in two years or left his outpost, but once Ed comes back he's suddenly back to his old flaming the world self.

It's weird that ChibiRose is wearing a bandanna, maybe it's bandit Rose? I still love ChibiEnvy with his little microphone, I don't know why.
Popogeejo
Sorry,I meant the movie....It's basicly an extra long episode anyways. wink.gif
MasterKris
What did even Envy say when he was holding dat microphone??
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 5 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]375109[/snapback]

What did even Envy say when he was holding dat microphone??

"My goodness, the people at this table sure are quiet."
Damascus
So nobody spotted a sub of OAV's yet?? sad.gif
Popogeejo
There's bound to some in the works by now.Just keep checking youtube out.
Jedi28
Well, YouTube now has the Chibi OVA up with Chinese subtitles (I think they're Chinese, they don't look Japanese to me but I apologize in advance if they are and I got it wrong). Neither one helps me but it'll be helpful for those who can read it.
cereal_killerxx
Still nothing... Maybe at this point we should try contacting a fansub group. I'm sure we could find one that wouldnt have a problem with it. Any suggestions for a fansub group. I think I'm gonna start emailing ppls soon.
asunder
QUOTE(cereal_killerxx @ Apr 6 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]375519[/snapback]

Still nothing... Maybe at this point we should try contacting a fansub group. I'm sure we could find one that wouldnt have a problem with it. Any suggestions for a fansub group. I think I'm gonna start emailing ppls soon.

Don't do this btw. This is considered very rude. Again why a lot of the fansub scene hates leechers. If you don't know them personally, I would suggest against this.
Envious...
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Apr 6 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]375430[/snapback]

Well, YouTube now has the Chibi OVA up with Chinese subtitles (I think they're Chinese, they don't look Japanese to me but I apologize in advance if they are and I got it wrong). Neither one helps me but it'll be helpful for those who can read it.

Hey, mind putting up a link to that? I'm hoping that you are mistaking Korean for Chinese. wink.gif
Jedi28
I've never seen Korean so I guess it's possible. Here's the link but if it doesn't work just go to www.YouTube.com and type in FullMetal Alchemist OVA into the search engine. Tell it to sort the results by date added and it's like the first one to come up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAviQ-FZAe4...alchemist%20ova
Nil-chan
ooh, envious, if it is korean and you can read it, could you please post the translation...? I will love you forever.
Damascus
That's not Korean, dunno what the hell it is, but it ain't Korean. I'm very familiar with Korean characters, so I know.
Tombow
^^ That's Chinese. smile.gif
Nil-chan
aww.. i rearlly wanted a transation... oh well. ill live till they come out with one.
Jedi28
Hey someone put up FullMetal Alchemist: Reflections on YouTube with subtitles. I'd wanted to see that but couldn't find it anywhere. Also, looks like there's one or two Premium Collection OVA's showing up with Chinese subtitles. Hopefully, they'll get English ones soon then.

Oh yeah, I also heard a rumor that Vic Mignogna said the Premium Collection would probably show up as extras on one of the discs (possibly even the movie). That's just a rumor though so I don't know how much stock I'd put in it.
Damascus
Yay! That Brothers song actually made me cry! It was so pretty... *looks around* *runs*
Tombow
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Apr 9 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]377110[/snapback]
Oh yeah, I also heard a rumor that Vic Mignogna said the Premium Collection would probably show up as extras on one of the discs (possibly even the movie). That's just a rumor though so I don't know how much stock I'd put in it.
That will be nice!!
BTW, any sight of "Live action" OVA piece anywhere yet???
AA battery
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 4 2006, 02:56 AM) [snapback]374276[/snapback]

I think my "Children" OVA translation came out slightly "cuter" than cereal_killerxx's... happy.gif

OK, so, here is my quick translations of "Children" OVA:
(I may edit some of wordings later. smile.gif )

In front of the movie theater,
All three: "Wow!!"

When found the building they are looking for, in distance,
Ed-look-alike child: "That one!!"

At the apartment,
Voice-1 (Al-look-alike??): "Great grandpa, we're here!!"

Voice-2 (Ed-look-alike?): "That's not right!! Great great grandpa, OK??"

Voice-1: "Great great great grandpa!!"

Voice-2: "Wrong again!!"

Voice-1: Haha!! "Grandpa, Grandpa, Grandpa!!!"

Voice-3(?) (Winry-look-alike?): "Look, we brought some gift!! It's from Grandpa Al"

Voice-1(?) talking to the great great grandpa: "Well,... well... "

All together: "Happy Birthday!!"

"Edward Elric will be 100 years old in 2005"
"Somewhere in this world."

... ARU-OJI-CHAN?!

omg, seriously? O_O

*goes rewatch that OVA again...*

.... on*g it really is... omg omg omg omg omg *starts crying cuz of whatever reason she doesn't want Al to get married to someone*
Tombow
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 10 2006, 03:51 AM) [snapback]377417[/snapback]
... ARU-OJI-CHAN?!

omg, seriously? O_O

.... on*g it really is... omg omg omg omg omg *starts crying cuz of whatever reason she doesn't want Al to get married to someone*
Awww, plese don't cry!! sad.gif
It could be that they are calling Al "grandpa" as a general term for an old man, and not necessarily mean Al is real grandfather.
(It's plausible. happy.gif )
Nil-chan
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 10 2006, 05:21 AM) [snapback]377423[/snapback]

... ARU-OJI-CHAN?!

omg, seriously? O_O

It could be that they are calling Al "grandpa" as a general term for an old man, and not necessarily mean Al is real grandfather.

Yeah, that works! of course, I think it would he cute if Al got married...
Dark Alchemist Sakura
QUOTE(Nil-chan @ Apr 10 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]377463[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 10 2006, 05:21 AM) [snapback]377423[/snapback]

... ARU-OJI-CHAN?!

omg, seriously? O_O

Yeah, that works! of course, I think it would he cute if Al got married...

OMG SO AL IS THE GRANDPA?????

Well, that kinda ruins my fanfic, where *starts muttering something about Al being dead*.... I guess subtitles could help.... hehe... I was seriously wondering about Al, so I got depressed, and assumed he died somewhere during WWII..... yeah.... I got really depressed after that OVA, cuz I thought Ed was living w/o Al, and that would suck greatly cuz they're brothers (not lovers, brothers) and it would be kinda sad if Al died before Ed....
Oh well.... happy.gif;;;;;
Jedi28
Grandpa is used for actual grandfathers and as a title for an older man. The kids call Al AND Ed grandpa, obviously they can't both be the grandfather but who knows which one it is?
Tombow
Ummm.. I'm still waiting for any siting of "Live action" OVA piece that's supposedly included in this collection. unsure.gif
(I'm begining to wonder if it even exists.. laugh.gif )
Nil-chan
well, how long did it take the others to come out? (or was it all at once?) that would be great though. im excited.
Jedi28
Hey, the Hagaren kids OVA is up on YouTube with Spanish subs. Also, the fourth OVA is finally up! It's odd.............. Basically you have the real world and a giant lifesize statue of Al. Al is doing a voiceover (I don't know what he's saying but I think he's looking for Ed cause he says Ni-san a lot) and every now and then you get a shot of this giant statue of Al just standing in various places. Finally, the short ends up at Bones, the door starts to open and you get a shot of the golden-light-we're-on-our-way-to-the-gate-thing and Al thinks he's finally found Ed, then he hits his head on the door and can't get through. The end. How sad is it that I know what's going on and I don't speak Japanese? How much sadder is it that I found the OVA strangely funny? biggrin.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 11 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]378338[/snapback]

Ummm.. I'm still waiting for any siting of "Live action" OVA piece that's supposedly included in this collection. unsure.gif
(I'm begining to wonder if it even exists.. laugh.gif )

... my friend just sent it to me. (not too sure if it was supposed to come with the other 3 OVA though.)

THAT LIVE ACTION OVA WAS STUPID. VERY STUPID. TOTALLY POINTLESS WT* x_x
It has to be the most stupid animeOVA I have ever seen.

This whole thing is only 3 minutes long.

--------------------------

(script off Chinese sub)

(Alphonse is the only character that talks in this OVA.)

Words in underline + Italic are Captions on the screen.

(Words in blackets are my comments.)

Click here for first screencap (forum only let me post 10 images max so I kept this one as link.)
Fullmetal Alchemist...
Finally...
Became realistic... (any word that would mean... "Realistic-ized?" @.@)

IPB Image
This beautiful world...
As the price for protecting her...
Did Nii-san just disappeared like that...?
Nii-san...
(background is just a park with people camping and playing)

IPB Image
Became realistic...
Is it realistic??

IPB Image
(Now the background is on a busy street with a lot of people walking around... and Al standing in the middle of the street looking very... stupid...)
No one knows...
anything about Niisan.
(Now camera moved to the bus...)
But...
I want to meet Nii-san.

IPB Image
(Armor Alphonse got off the bus... |||orz what the heck...)
Nii-san... (you are getting annoying...)

IPB Image
(Alphonse reached the BONES studio.)
I finally found it!

IPB Image
(The door outside the BONES studio.)
This door is...
The Door of Truth. (WT*?)
On the other side of this door
has the truth.

IPB Image
IPB Image
(the door opens)
I will be able to find the method for getting Nii-san back.

(Yellow stuff inside the gate)
Truth...

IPB Image
IPB Image
(Alphonse's head hits the door rim.)
I got bounced back..... sleep.gifU

Fullmetal Alchemist
Becoming realistic... (Or you could put Live Action... but realistic is the more accurate translation)
stopped.

... I could add in screencaps later. Gimme an hour... (dinner time)
Tombow
Oh!! Thank you, armor-alchemist for the info!!

So, the good news is, it does indeed exist, and I wasn't imagining things, but the bad news is, it's really stupid??? biggrin.gif
I will just take your script and screen caps, and make do then!! laugh.gif
Thanks again for the script, and will wait for the screen caps!! happy.gif
(ETA; Thanks for the caps!! )
AA battery
.... I want to kill BONES for creating this stupid OVA ="=

@Tombow: You are welcome.
Tombow
*looked at caps*
^^ YES, it does look stupid!!!! laugh.gif
Jedi28
It's on YouTube, go watch it! Thank you armor-alchemist for the subs!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Tombow
Thank you, Jedi28!!
*goes to watch the "Live action" OVA*

GWAHAHAHA!! That was so funny!! laugh.gif
I was laughing throughout the whole movie!! XDDDD

I mean it's totally stupid, and the whole thing IS meant to be taken as a gag, I think. biggrin.gif
Kind of like "South Park" sort of joke, in which the serious music, serious voice acting, and actually showing really silly gag!! laugh.gif

I wonder if that is actual Bones's office in Tokyo!! XDDDD

*goes to watch it again!!* XDDD
AA battery
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 14 2006, 01:11 AM) [snapback]380522[/snapback]

Thank you, Jedi28!!
*goes to watch the "Live action" OVA*

GWAHAHAHA!! That was so funny!! laugh.gif
I was laughing throughout the whole movie!! XDDDD

I mean it's totally stupid, and the whole thing IS meant to be taken as a gag, I think. biggrin.gif
Kind of like "South Park" sort of joke, in which the serious music, serious voice acting, and actually showing really silly gag!! laugh.gif

I wonder if that is actual Bones's office in Tokyo!! XDDDD

*goes to watch it again!!* XDDD

... but the Al hitting the door frame joke was old. wayyy too old.
Tombow
^^ Totally!! biggrin.gif
(I know, I know, it's not even a fresh joke!! XDDD)
Jedi28
It's a VERY old joke but yet it's somehow still funny! I think it may actually be my favorite now up next to the Chibi OVA. It's just so utterly random! laugh.gif
Tombow
^^ And, it looks as if some FMA fans made that as a fan-movie with $200 budget!! XDDD
I mean, it's so stupid and bad, that as long as we don't take it seriously, nor think about this one actually directed by the same director who did FMA series and the FMA "Shambara" movie, it's a funny gag movie!! laugh.gif
Reika
You know? I DO believe it's bones' job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.