Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Ova
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Colette
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 1 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]372703[/snapback]

Weren't those the pics Ed did?
There crude but funny as hell.Loving the Gluttony and Wrath.

I though Ed only did Envy...It might be I guess.

Not much of a prodigy tongue.gif
Popogeejo
I know he did Envy,Lust and Gluttony because of the whole Lab 5 doo dad.I guess he did Wrath and Greed at some point off camera.

Ed fails at Fan art.
Colette
The Greed one cracks me up. He's not that buff. XD

Lust isn't very lustful anymore.
Popogeejo
Yeah,Lust went Emo on us in the OVAs.
She seemed upset in both the ones she was in...
Colette
Maybe because she was working with the other homunculi again, but didn't want to? I dunno.

Everyone but her was pretty in character if you ask me.
Automne
QUOTE(popogeejo Posted Today @ 11:09 AM)
Yeah,Lust went Emo on us in the OVAs.
She seemed upset in both the ones she was in...

You call that emo? I don't think so...More like bitchy (no, hell, I thought she was sexy as hell actually) but not emo. If you want to see an emo!Lust, then re-watch the last episodes she's in and where she's definitly not lustful.

Also looks like there's not much thing to say about anymore. A lot of things have been repeated over and over again...mellow.gif
Popogeejo
Emo/depressed/bitchy,either way she seemed down in the proverbial dumps.She was still sexy though,as was Sloth........ smile.gif
Automne
Hum, no, really, I didn't see any depressed attitude from Lust in The Alchemists VS The Homunculi (She just doesn't like to be ordered around, so that's why she sent Pride that look). She even sounded playful while adressing to Ed as 'Hagane no boy' (didn't understand the rest of the phrase but I guess it was something like 'Hello, there').

Sloth PWNed everyone, and my SlothXEnvy love grew since it looked like he was worried for her when she appeared right next to him and the others after Armstrong's attack.

But anyway, it's not important, I'm not so thrilled about watching the cosplay OAV. Never liked cosplay...
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Apr 1 2006, 12:06 PM) [snapback]372713[/snapback]

The Greed one cracks me up. He's not that buff. XD

Edward only wishes he was. :3 Mrow!

tongue.gif

Um... yeah, Lust and Scar both seem a little bit emo about being overlooked. "You guys were in the movie?" "Well... we were technically in the movie." "But the only parts available were these stupid suits of armor"

At least, that's what I think he said.

I need an adult! Who knows the language!

I've been trying to get as many subs as I can on there, and it's working for the most part (I'm only doing this for a few friends, so I'm not striving for publication perfection) but I still can't figure out what Al's saying for Heiderich. Something about "Edward san always" "Stinks", "Wasn't able to..." etc.

HELP!
Popogeejo
Whats wrong with Cosplay?

wink.gif
Sin Of Envy
Indeed whats wrong? That one rocks.....
[I have to wash my eyes now]
Reika
QUOTE(Sin Of Envy @ Apr 1 2006, 03:39 AM) [snapback]372364[/snapback]

I think I have found Roze!

IPB Image

did you notice the pressence of Xiao Mei of the manga in that photo???? It's on the right side on the top of an armor. Also, there's another scen where both Yoki and Xiao mei appear on a poster, on the right side of Ed and Al when they are scared of Gluttony. AND! Do you know who are the people that eats gluttony??? Yup, they are the anime directors ^^.

--EDIT---

I found Arakawa in a scene too! XDD with her bag of groceries XDD
MasterKris
^OOooo!! blink.gif
I never noticed that! I rewatched the OVA and found it!! biggrin.gif
Here!

SEE XIAO MEI!!
Finally, a Xing character's appearance in the anime!! laugh.gif
lialiakicks
Ok. I'm back, and I've seen all three of the OVA shorts. The chibi one was retarded ENTERTAINING crack yo. >:F I looved it~! The Children one made me emo, and the Universal Japan (Military vs. Hom.) made NO SENSE. Why was Robo ARcher on the good guy side? >_> Yeah....

But the chibi one totally pwned. XD

I believe they are available on You tube if ya wanna watch 'em. (They're raw though.)
Kimi-N-Ed
I just watched the OVAs and I found them all quite funny and cool. My favorite one was the chibi one. I wish I could know what Al is saying in place for Al.H. though tongue.gif but I know it's something silly thouh lol biggrin.gif
Jellybean
I liked the OAVs too. Can't wait for the subs. It seems like a bit of a rip-off for people who bought the dvd, though. I don't know how long the 4th one is, but the rest are about ten minutes all together.

I thought the Children one was cute, even if it doesn't make sense. My first thought about the movie was that, given Ed's lifestyle, it's a miracle that he lived to be 18. So, the fact that he lived to be 100 struck me as delightfully ironic. Well, Ed is tenacious. As for the kids, I don't think the Al kid is so far-fetched. I know people who look more like their uncle/aunt than their parents. Maybe Al genes are recessive. laugh.gif And I still choose to consider the Winry grandchild as evidence that Ed eventually encountered Alter!Winry and married her, mostly because I just like that theory. I love how Teen!Breda still pwns everybody at strategy games, too. biggrin.gif

Chibi one was super cute. That's one of those things I can watch whenever I need to cheer myself up a little. Thank you to everyone who has provided partial translations.

The best part of the other one was Envy beating on Greed all Looney-Tunes-style. That cracked me up! laugh.gif
Automne
Ah, I may have another theory; maybe the Winry-look alike is Alter!Winry after all, same for the Breda, Havoc and Mustang-look alikes. It just makes more sense than anything to me.
Reika
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 2 2006, 04:40 AM) [snapback]372997[/snapback]

^OOooo!! blink.gif
Here!

SEE XIAO MEI!!

didn't you find Arakawa?? XDD she's when Riza's trying to fish one of them (dunno what's happening there :s) XD
Kimi-N-Ed
Hey guys I found Noah and Arakawa! biggrin.gif but I don't kno how to put in pics on this site sigh sad.gif

Popogeejo
take a screen,save it and host it on imageshack of copy the first forum code.that should work.
MasterKris
QUOTE(Reika @ Apr 2 2006, 08:00 AM) [snapback]373188[/snapback]

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 2 2006, 04:40 AM) [snapback]372997[/snapback]

^OOooo!! blink.gif
Here!

SEE XIAO MEI!!

didn't you find Arakawa?? XDD she's when Riza's trying to fish one of them (dunno what's happening there :s) XD

Not to be rude, but I thought everyone noticed Arakawa-sensei.... biggrin.gif ;;

One thing I'm still not believing about the Chibi one is ENVYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! DUDE! I DO NOT LIKE SEEING HIM ACT GAY!!

Reika
since noone had posted that I thought noone had noticed her sleep.gif
lialiakicks
Well, unfortanely, you can't take screen caps from Windows Media Player. D:

And yesh, Arakawa-sensei was sacrificed to the gate portal on teh ceiling. XD;;; Along with Robo Archer and Noah.... O_o
Miniskirt
Does anyone have the subtitled version?
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Apr 2 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]373322[/snapback]

Well, unfortanely, you can't take screen caps from Windows Media Player. D:

And yesh, Arakawa-sensei was sacrificed to the gate portal on teh ceiling. XD;;; Along with Robo Archer and Noah.... O_o

What exactly was going on in that scene? I couldn't make sense of any of the dialogue...

QUOTE(Miniskirt @ Apr 2 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]373345[/snapback]

Does anyone have the subtitled version?

Well, I'm partway through subbing it for my own purposes, but it's surely not good enough for everyone else. I'm not sure who's doing the 'official' job yet.
JoshP1389
Honestly, subs aren't needed for these OVAs. Be creative and try to understand the plot through the actions.
cereal_killerxx
I just downloaded the OVAs from tokyotosho (raw =/ ) and it only had 3 of the OVAs. I thought there was supposed to be 4 of them!? Also, does anyone know if a fansub group or anyone for that matter is gonna sub them? Also, I heard the DVD has deleted scenes from the movie. What about them?
Toby-Chan
There are four, but the fourth one is an (apparently) bad short about an alphonse cosplayer. I guess nobody really cares about that one.
cereal_killerxx
Ah I see. Well we need someone to rip the movies deleted scenes and someone to sub these. Does anyone know whose gonna sub these!?
Nil-chan
yeah, it would be nice t o know what they are saying, considereing i know no japanese. i can get the gist of it, thanks to my tiny knowledge of japanese words and ability to pick out names and places, not to mention the pretty pictures. but i think they would be more meaning ful, expecially the chibi one, if i knew what they were saying.
Keoni
I agree with Nil-chan.

Ofcourse I can understand the plot because of the actions, and I think I know what is going on most of the time. You can guess wahat they're saying, most of the time.
( On the side, I did a fake dub of the chibi one with my friends while watching it, funny as hell laugh.gif )

Bot I would like to know what they're REALLY saying, not what I think they are. It makes the experiance more real to me.
SuperElricBros
That children one was the only one I saw fully, since subtitles weren't needed. My guess about the black man in the picture with Ed is Martin Luthur King. Just a guess tho. But after seeing it, I felt sad, and confused. Though my thoughts are that it's purely something BONES would think was cool for us fans--to completely shock us at the end. But I can't wait to see it subtitled so I know what they say at the end. But, yeah, that was full of as many plotholes as the movie, and it was only 10 minutes long! dry.gif
Popogeejo
I'm pretty sure that these are just meant to be a bit of fun,nothing to do with the actual plot.We're not looking for major plot but unny or intersting stuff from the OVAs....

IMO.
Jedi28
QUOTE(SuperElricBros @ Apr 3 2006, 08:32 AM) [snapback]373716[/snapback]

That children one was the only one I saw fully, since subtitles weren't needed. My guess about the black man in the picture with Ed is Martin Luthur King. Just a guess tho. But after seeing it, I felt sad, and confused. Though my thoughts are that it's purely something BONES would think was cool for us fans--to completely shock us at the end. But I can't wait to see it subtitled so I know what they say at the end. But, yeah, that was full of as many plotholes as the movie, and it was only 10 minutes long! dry.gif

I doubt the man in the picture is Martin Luther King Jr. He's a Western figure and I can't think of any Japanese Animes that used a famous Western figure like that. Not to mention that the figure is somebody that Bones would think would be reconizable in Japan without having to be named. How many Japanese would see that picture and immediately think Martin Luther King Jr.? I think it must be an Eastern figure, possibly a famous Prime Minister or maybe a military leader. I can think of a few possibilites, we should see who people from Europe, Asia, Australia, etc. thought it was.

And yeah, the children OVA isn't canon. It's just an alternate scenario/ending type of thing.
cereal_killerxx
Well, I've decided that if no one subs these ovas soon, that I'm going to attempt to do these myself. I do know a little bit of japanese and I'm pretty good with this kind of software. Plus, these aren't very long. I can always look up the terms I don't understand or listen for them in fansubs. If anyone knows any good japanese to english translation sites or anything else that might help, please post a link smile.gif
Nil-chan
ooh, yay, you rock!! i don't normally trust online translators, so maybe it would be best to get something from the library...?
kaizenyorii
maybe the black guy was bob sapp
Automne
QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Today @ 09:39 AM)
And yeah, the children OVA isn't canon. It's just an alternate scenario/ending type of thing.

Only Bones can tell if this is canon or not.
Jedi28
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Apr 3 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]373806[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Today @ 09:39 AM)

Only Bones can tell if this is canon or not.

Yeah, I read that again and thought "hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't make blanket statements like that especially when I don't know what the creators were thinking." biggrin.gif Add "in my opinion" to the front of that.

Every time I see that Envy sig I keep thinking he's saying, "and money" instead of "more." Don't ask me why.
cereal_killerxx
Well, I got the kids one subbed. I'm not sure if im gonna sub the others though cuz im getting a headache from all the japanese in my head!

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?
id=18CE4PBGTUYYC3JVH0HD3R2YW2

Edit: I've definetely decided not to sub the others ones becuz theres way too much talking going on lol.
Fullmetalcutie45
That Chibi OVA was so cute!!!!!! I loved when they showed Wrath and Izumis fighting in th background.[/code] Awww Winry was all like upset about the Noah thing! She does care! lol Hey does anyone know if that Hagaren Kids one was Canon or not? [code]I wonder how Winry managed to get into that world becuase that girl looked too much like her to be a coincidence and it would be stupid if evrybodies alterperson just happened to find Ed
Popogeejo
Popo,king of unreasonable,Demans that you host that on You tube.Membership is free as are uploads.

please.....for the people.
Tombow
I think my "Children" OVA translation came out slightly "cuter" than cereal_killerxx's... happy.gif

OK, so, here is my quick translations of "Children" OVA:
(I may edit some of wordings later. smile.gif )

In front of the movie theater,
All three: "Wow!!"

When found the building they are looking for, in distance,
Ed-look-alike child: "That one!!"

At the apartment,
Voice-1 (Al-look-alike??): "Great grandpa, we're here!!"

Voice-2 (Ed-look-alike?): "That's not right!! Great great grandpa, OK??"

Voice-1: "Great great great grandpa!!"

Voice-2: "Wrong again!!"

Voice-1: Haha!! "Grandpa, Grandpa, Grandpa!!!"

Voice-3(?) (Winry-look-alike?): "Look, we brought some gift!! It's from Grandpa Al"

Voice-1(?) talking to the great great grandpa: "Well,... well... "

All together: "Happy Birthday!!"

"Edward Elric will be 100 years old in 2005"
"Somewhere in this world."
Reika
Voice-3(?) (Winry-look-alike?): "Look, we brought some gift!! It's from xxx-san (can't catch the name, sorry!!)"

they say "Aru-ojiichan" ^^
Tombow
^^ D'uh!! Of course!! Thank you Reika!! *hugs!!* happy.gif
(Me and my sleepy brains!! laugh.gif )
*goes to edit my previous post* biggrin.gif
Reika
*hugs back*! no problem tombow ^^ you know I admire you XD
Jedi28
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 4 2006, 02:56 AM) [snapback]374276[/snapback]

I think my "Children" OVA translation came out slightly "cuter" than cereal_killerxx's... happy.gif

OK, so, here is my quick translations of "Children" OVA:
(I may edit some of wordings later. smile.gif )

In front of the movie theater,
All three: "Wow!!"

When found the building they are looking for, in distance,
Ed-look-alike child: "That!!"

At the apartment,
Voice-1 (Al-look-alike??): "Great grandpa, we're here!!"

Voice-2 (Ed-look-alike?): "That's not right!! Great great grandpa, OK??"

Voice-1: "Great great great grandpa!!"

Voice-2: "Wrong again!!"

Voice-1: Haha!! "Grandpa, Grandpa, Grandpa!!!"

Voice-3(?) (Winry-look-alike?): "Look, we brought some gift!! It's from Grandpa Al"

Voice-1(?) talking to the great great grandpa: "Well,... well... "

All together: "Happy Birthday!!"

"Edward Elric will be 100 years old in 2005"
"Somewhere in this world."

Cool! I was thinking about it and I was thinking that perhaps Ed and Al live in the country (where the kids were coming from) but Ed keeps an apartment in the city as well. It would make sense, if Ed were working on telling the life story then he'd want to be able to go back and forth from the country and the city. I was wondering why the kids seemed to not really know where the apartment was and thought perhaps it's because Ed doesn't stay there all that often. The kids were clearly thrilled to see him which would suggest he's around them a lot. So either he visits them in the country often but they don't visit him in the city OR he and Al live in the country and Ed just communtes periodically to the city. He would seem like the type that would want to keep a toehold in the city anyway, as opposed to just completely settling down in a rural setting. Anyway, that's my rambling musing for the day. It makes more sense to me that way, doesn't seem like Ed and Al would live permanently apart from each other after going through so much to be together. Who konws though, it'd be nice if the producers would do an interview about what they were thinking.

So if the kids refer to both Ed AND Al as "grandpa" then how do we know whose kids they're supposed to be?
Tombow
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Apr 4 2006, 11:14 AM) [snapback]374341[/snapback]
So if the kids refer to both Ed AND Al as "grandpa" then how do we know whose kids they're supposed to be?
It could be that they are using it as a general term. Then, yeah, we don't really know.
The mystery continues... biggrin.gif
Vitari the Music Alchemist
hehehe... they could have found winry's double in this world, and... aah dunno... but none of them seems to be the grandson of Noa...

and Ed a 100 years old, but well conserved, his hair is still blonde, not white...
Maybe he did something with the filosopher's stone again here?... no I don't think he would be able...
Or maybe... You think someone else did the Philosopher stone in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?...

There're various hints for that in the movie as well as in the series last chapter...

kyaaah! can't stop pondering!
Damascus
Any words on sub versions of OVA's? Can't understand a friggin word, but love the action, expecially Alchemists vs. 7 Homunculi! XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.